The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by Ashimoto
"

Ashleigh(me) overhears her family saying that her father, who left his family, is going to come and get her. So guess what she does?

"

It all started when I was a little girl. My mother and father used to love each other, but once they started fighting… it never stopped. I would walk home from Preschool and as soon as I walk into my once loving home I would here screaming and yelling. I would sob and sprint to my room. After my dad left, I never let anyone inside my head. Grandma says my attitude went from sweet and innocent to punk and sinful. Like I really cared what Grandma thought. My grandmother was a mean, bitchy old hag. That’s probably where I got my attitude from and if she wasn’t so old I would of decked her so long ago.
    The end of my life came when I got home after school one day. I was wearing my usual attire. A ruffled lime green and black skirt, my favorite black knee-high converses with lime green laces, a black shirt with a lime green skull on it that made my skinny waist seem tighter, and long fingerless black gloves. My hair was straight, black, and shoulder-length with straight bangs that covered my bright green eyes, I usually wore my baby blue beanie that had the playboy bunny symbol on it but today I left it on my bed. I had a lime green lip ring on the top-right corner of my lip and when I smiled you can see my lime green braces. All the black and green, which you can tell are my favorite colors, made my white skin look a little paler.
    I walked into the house with my cousin, Destiny Forbes. She is skinny, tan and she was wearing her usual yellow skinny jeans, a blue shirt with a yellow smiley face on it, and blue high-tops converses. She had long blonde hair but it was so curly that her hair appeared to be only shoulder length. Her blue eyes beamed at me as she says something I cannot hear.
    “Ashleigh?” Destiny asked, “Did you even hear what I said?!”.
    “No… sorry.” I apologized. I am always so busy daydreaming that people think I’m slow in the head. But Destiny knows that I don’t have good listening skills. I like to talk, not listen.
    “Ash!” Destiny whined, “Hello? Earth to Ash!”.
    “Huh?” I turned my head to her, “What is it?
    “Will you just listen to me for once?!” Destiny pouted.
    “Alright you now have my undivided attention.” I said.
    “Good.” Destiny smiled, “Did you see the new student siblings at school today?”.
    I racked my brain for memories of new kids at school but nothing came up.
    “Who?” I asked.
    Destiny sighed loudly, “That pretty girl and her two hot brothers!”.
    I thought again, three figures flowed into my mind. A tall and skinny girl with unearthly pale skin. She was about me and Destiny’s age which was 15. The girl had ocean blue eyes, huge blonde hair that was straight and short like mine. She wore a puffy and fluffy pink dress that was embroidered with silver diamonds. She had puffed out short sleeves. She had on black leggings and pink high-heels that looked like they could break her ankle if she made a slight twist of her ankle and made her taller than her second brother.
    The tallest boy, who was about 17, has unearthly pale skin and is skinny like his sister. He had long and soft spiky black hair, gray eyes and a blue lip ring in the same place as mine. He wore a gray “Broken Cyde” T-shirt, black skinny jeans, green converses and a black leather biker jacket. He had a sinister look in his face that was totally different from his sister’s welcoming smile.
    The second brother was about 16 and was a size between his tall brother and his short sister(without her heels). He is skinny with short and soft brown hair that fell down by his ears. He wore a tight yellow “Paramore” shirt, purple skinny jeans, black Vans shoes, and black thick-framed glasses.
    “Oh?” I said, “You mean THEM.”.
    “Duh!” Destiny laughed, “The one with the “Paramore” shirt is so hot! What are the chances that I could get a date with him?”.
    “Slim to none.” I said expressionlessly.
    Destiny gasped and hit me on the arm, “How could you say that? Do you really think that?!”.
    Destiny finally gave up on making me listen; she went back to her room.
    I decided to go into the living room to see what my grandma, auntie and mother were talking about. I wasn’t listening to Destiny because I was concentrating on listening to the soft whispering in the living room. I walked carefully down the steps and listened at the door.
    “What are we going to tell Ash…” I heard my mother whisper.
    “Don’t tell them tonight…. Wait…” my grandma said.
    “Destiny will be devastated!” my auntie yelled.
    “Shh!” grandma and mom yelled.
    I desperately tried to listen when I looked up and saw my beloved brother, Bryer, staring at me.
    “What are you doing?” he asked me. He is tan skinned, skinny, and has spiky red hair. He was wearing blue skinny jeans, a purple lip piercing in the opposite place then mine, both ears pierced, black tennis shoes, a white undershirt, and a blue unbuttoned shirt.
    I put my finger to my lips and pulled him down to listen with me. And that’s when I heard the thing that ended my life.
    “Ash and Bry’s father… can’t believe… coming to get Ash tomorrow... live with him.”.
    My eyes widened. I got up and sprinted to my room with my brother calling my name behind me. As soon as I got to my room I slammed and locked the door. I walked over to my bed and sat with my knees to my chest and I cried. For hours and hours I cried until it was 4:58 AM. I heard a soft knock on my door. I got up and went to open it. Bryer walked in and dropped a small black suitcase on my bedroom floor.
    “What?” I asked.
    “Pack up.” is all he said, “We’re leaving this house.”.
    I looked up at him. His eyes had a look of hatred in them but not for me, for someone else.
    “Why?” it seemed like a stupid question at first.
    “I’m not going to let you be taken away by a guy who has never even bothered to call once in a while just to see how we are doing.” Bryer ruffled the tope of my hair.
    I hugged him and kissed his cheek.
    He smiled at me and said, “Hurry because Ma wakes up at 5:30 every morning.”.
    I grabbed my lime green suitcase and opened it up. I grabbed all my clothes which were just the same pieces that I was wearing because it was my favorite outfit. After I finished packing I grabbed my beanie and pulled it over my head.
    Bryer sat on my bed and watched me get ready.
    “Ready?” he asked me.
    “Yeah!” I smiled.
    “Let’s go then.” he grabbed his black suitcase and hauled it over his shoulder.
    I grabbed mine and followed him out the door. As I walked out of my bedroom I heard footsteps. I looked toward Destiny’s room and saw Destiny in her outfit with a yellow suitcase.
    “I’m going with you.” Destiny said.
    “No.” Bryer argued, “This is between my sis and father. So, naturally, I would be the only one going with Ash.”.
    “Ashleigh is my best friend as well as my cousin. I love her very much and I would die if she went away forever.” Destiny sobbed.
    My eyes started to water. I ran to my cousin and embraced her. We hugged for a few moments before Bryer interrupted us.
    “Hurry! I hear mother waking!”.
    I grabbed Destiny’s hand and followed Bryer skillfully out the door.
    The one who ran the fastest out that door was me. Not like I was athletic or anything, it’s just that I did not want my father to take me away from here. So I ran. Who knows where we will go. I’ll just have to find out in this big bad world.



© 2010 Ashimoto


Author's Note

Ashimoto
I believe my friend Kasi is a genius for this story. She describes me perfectly in here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOO~! Sounds awesome already! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


Intros are sometimes so boring, so I'm surprised that you made it sound so interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ashleigh sounds hot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent! Kudos to Kasi :) She's very good at writing. I can't wait to read more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
I am a genius aren't I. Lol. I just love this chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

535 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 7, 2009
Last Updated on July 9, 2010


Author

Ashimoto
Ashimoto

Adalwolfa, Amaterasu



About
New bio time! I'm Ash, as you all know, and this is my profile. I like writing because it lets me vent out all my emotions, be they positive or negative. I'm just not all that good at it. I try my har.. more..

Writing
Still Doll Still Doll

A Book by Ashimoto


Still Doll Still Doll

A Story by Ashimoto