Runaways

Runaways

A Chapter by Ashimoto
"

Ash finds herself in a difficult situation. But she gets out of it, as usual.

"
It seemed we had been walking for several hours when in reality, we'd only been walking for one or two hours.
   "Ash?" my brother, Bryer, looked at me, "Are you alright?"
   "Better than I would have been back home." I smiled. Which was true. If I would of stayed, my dad, who has abandoned us years ago, would have taken me away. I have always hated the fact that he left us and if he can take me then he should be able to take all of us. Of course, his life isn't that "simple" apparently. Apparently, I'm the only child he cares about, well I say screw him. If he can't even put up with my mother, whom I had been with for the last fifteen years of my life, then he can forget about putting up with me. I'd say I'm a lot worse than my mother because I've got my grandmother's attitude which is something not to be trifled with.
   "Look!" Destiny shouted, "There's a diner! How about we get some food? I'm starving!"
   "You are just about as hungry as you are a pain in the neck." Bryer said but he gave up and we went into the diner to get some food.
  I always had a sort of leadership with me. I don't know why but it's like I'm the pack leader. I started walking towards a booth which is my favorite seats and Destiny and Bryer followed after me.
   "You guys want to sit here?" I asked.
   "Whatever you want, Ash." Bryer and Destiny said in unison.
   It's actually kind of creepy to be loved as much as I am. Trust me. After we got our milkshakes and fries, I was just chilling and watching out the window. I noticed two guys try to gang up on a chick. That pissed me off BIG time. Back when I was in elementary, they would call me Ashleigh the Arsonist because I loved setting things on fire. My specialty  was setting guy's pants on fire. Good times, man. I got out of my seat, mumbled a "Be right back." and I walked outside.
   "Hey, baby. Your blood must be really good cuz I can smell ya from miles away." the guy with a Mohawk said.
   "What? What are you even saying?" the girl coward down.
   "Down be so shy, cutie. We only bite sometimes." said the long-haired guy.
   "Hey a******s!" I yelled, "Why don't you go find someone willing, if there are any."
   The guys turned to me, glaring, but then their faces turned from angry to lustful.
   "Dude, smell her blood." Mohawk said, "I bet she is more delicious than this wench."
   "What a couple a dunces!" I growled and walked up and took the girl by the arm and put her behind me.
   "Thank you so much." the girl said gratefully.
   "No problem." I smiled. I saw Bryer come out to help me.
   "Here, let me take you to the diner and treat you to some food." Bryer said sympathetically to the girl.
   The girl froze in fear but I gently said, "It's okay. He's my brother. He's not as scary as I am."
   The girl smiled at my joke and walked with Bryer to the diner.
   "Well, sweetheart, it's just us and you." Mohawk said.
   "Soon it will just be me." I smirked.
   "Yeah right." Hippie long-hair tried to get at me but I kicked him off the cliff and he went tumbling into the woods below.
   "B***h!" Mohawk sent me tumbling down towards the woods.
    After a bad tumble, I got up and pulled out my pocket knife. No way was I letting these freaks get me, EVER. Hippie long-hair found me and bared his teeth. Yikes! They looked sharp enough to rip someone apart, but that didn't faze me much. I just bared my teeth as well, showing no fear.
   He looked at me, clearly puzzled.
   "Never met a human like you." Hippie said, "One that wasn't afraid of us."
   "What do you mean?" my curiosity will probably get me killed one of these days, but I had to know.
   "We are vampires." Mohawk appeared.
   I burst out laughing, "You guys are completely nuts!"
   Hippie and Mohawk both lunged forward and I prepared for a fight. Hippie tried a punch, luckily it barely missed me.
   "How did she do that?!" Hippie asked, "She is human. She shouldn't of been able to dodge that!"
   "You must be pretty weak to not even win against a human." Mohawk had his turn. He hit me so hard that I went flying back and hitting a tree with full force. It hurt like a mother******. I got up anyway. There was no way I'd let these two wackos beat me. My pride was too strong to let that ever happen.
   "I can't believe she got up after that!" Hippie exclaimed.
   "I can't believe it either." Mohawk growled.
   I smirked victoriously, but my smirk quickly faded away when Mohawk came at me again.
   Suddenly, something attacked Mohawk. In a flash, Mohawk was ripped apart and was now burning. A girl in a pink dress stood watching him.
   "Who are you?" I asked.
   She turned to me and smiled, then she ran off.
   Well this day keeps getting weirder and weirder.
   I finally climbed up to the top and reached the diner again.
   "What happened?" Bryer demanded.
   "I got away. Easy as that." I said, trying to get him to stop pestering me. He did, but Destiny didn't. That's when I gave her a really mean death glare, which made her shiver violently.
   After an awkward silence, I said, "They kept saying that they were vampires."
   That made Bryer and Destiny laugh, but the girl I saved went quiet.
   "What wrong, Serenity?" Bryer asked.
   "Well..." she signaled for us to follow her. In the alley is where she decided to talk, "Those two were vampires."
   "Oh my gosh! Is this whole town on crack or what?!" I yelled.
   "Tell me! What happened to Crash and Punk?!" she begged.
   "Who and who?" I asked.
   "The one with a Mohawk was Crash and the long-haired one was Punk." Serenity explained, "What happened to them?"
   "Well this one girl with big blonde hair and a fluffy pink dress ripped Crash apart and burned him and I'm pretty sure Punk ran away." I said.
   Serenity murmured the name "Kasi" and smiled.
   "Who's 'Kasi'?" I asked.
   "She's one of the many vampires who isn't in a clan. Her and her two brothers are lone vampires and they are pretty powerful, even the Maverick Clan has been trying to recruit them. The Maverick Clan is the most powerful clan and the most dangerous and evil. Only five members in the clan, can you believe it?" Serenity ranted.
   "How do you know so much about vampires?" Bryer asked.
   "I happen to have a vampire friend. She's thinking of turning me into a vampire to protect me from vampires like Crash and Punk." Serenity said, "I suggest you go North from here. There are few vampires North. I must go now." and with that Serenity ran off.
   "Should we take her advice?" Destiny asked.
   "Might as well." I stretched, grabbed my bag, and started towards the path Serenity pointed to.
   "Do you really believe in all this vampires bullshit?" Bryer asked.
   "Not in the slightest but might as well play along. It might be fun." I said.
   And with that, we have tumbled into the strange world of vampires. Oh goody goody.


© 2010 Ashimoto


Author's Note

Ashimoto
I hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

XD Great. It just gets better and better! I wonder how it'll turn out later on in the story... Guess I'll just have to read and find out XP

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yeah there are a lot of bad words but I guess this describes her character.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, bad words galore much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
This chapter was a little short, but I promise to make the next one longer... hopefully. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Pretty good so far! Keep it up

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol, this makes me laugh a bit
and I think I can guess who the girl in the pink dress is...xD

just a suggestion...this was in the last chapter >.<
try not to just introduce a character then decribe them straight on the spot. Just throw them in like "her green eyes pierced his cold blue ones..."

so yehh....

other than that, a good storyline, I can see it coming together


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

553 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010


Author

Ashimoto
Ashimoto

Adalwolfa, Amaterasu



About
New bio time! I'm Ash, as you all know, and this is my profile. I like writing because it lets me vent out all my emotions, be they positive or negative. I'm just not all that good at it. I try my har.. more..

Writing
Still Doll Still Doll

A Book by Ashimoto


Still Doll Still Doll

A Story by Ashimoto