The First Day

The First Day

A Chapter by Ashimoto
"

Ashleigh's first day in the mansion. Major Twilight bashing. Don't like, don't read.

"
   It was Saturday, and it was also the first official day living with Brandon, Kasi, and Kyle. I was awaken by the light shinning through the glass wall. I tossed and turned until I got so mad at the light that I flailed my arms and accidentally hit a button on a remote controller. Suddenly, a screen dropped and covered the glass wall, blocking the light. I sighed happily and went back to sleep.
   I hadn't slept long when someone burst into my room and yelled, "Breakfast is ready!!!"
   I knew the voice. It was Kasi. She had an annoying high pitched voice that would ring in your ears forever.
   "Ashleigh?" Kasi shook me, "Are you awake?"
   "No." I stated.
   "Are you sure?" Kasi asked.
   "Yes." I growled.
   "Alright then." I wasn't aware of Kasi's smirk, "I guess I'll just get Brandon to come in here to wake you up. Then he'll see you in your underwear."
   How did she know that I slept in my underwear?! Whatever! I couldn't let a man see my underwear. "I'm up! I'm up!"
   "That's what I thought." Kasi smiled as she gracefully walked out of my room.
   I literally fell out of bed while trying to get up. Usually, I would be in a good mood since it was Saturday, but with the rude awakening, courtesy of Kasi, I was in a relatively bad mood. I got up and got dressed, but I left my shoes in my room.
   I wondered if Destiny and Bryer were already up. As I was wondering this, I tripped on the top stair and almost fell down, but I was caught by the waist.
   "Whoa! You okay there?" asked a sweet male voice.
   It was too sweet to be Brandon so that left...
   "Thanks, Kyle." I patted the invisible dirt off my skirt.
   "No problem." Kyle smiled, "Since you keep falling down the stairs, how about I just carry you down them?"
   Did he just ask what I think he just asked?
   "No, I'm good." I said as I tried to walk down the stairs without tripping.
   "Nonsense. Come here." Kyle picked me up bridal-style.
   "Put me down or I will..." I flailed in his arms, but that just made him hold me tighter.
   "Ash-Ash, don't move so much or I might drop you." Kyle warned.
   "What the hell are you two doing?" a growl came from behind us.
   I looked over Kyle's shoulder to see Brandon next to us wearing a glare on his face.
   "Ashleigh keeps tripping on the stairs." Kyle said, "Maybe we should get a slide instead."
   "Put her down." Brandon growled.
   "You are just jealous that I'm the one holding Ashleigh and not you." Kyle smirked, jumped off the first stair and landed at the bottom.
   Brandon scoffed, "Yeah right."
   Kyle put me down, swiftly kissed me on the cheek, smirked at Brandon, and then ran through the right door into the kitchen.
   "I'm going to kill you, Kyle!" Brandon jumped down the stairs and ran after him.
   I held the cheek that Kyle had kissed. I knew my face was red so I slapped myself a few times. I couldn't go into the kitchen looking like this. After calming myself down, I walked into the kitchen.
   Destiny and Bryer were already seated. They were having an animated conversation when they saw me come in.
   "Good morning, Ashleigh!" Destiny shouted.
   "Shut up. You're too loud." I stated, seeing Destiny's mood fall.
   "Morning." Bryer greeted.
   "Morning." I greeted back.
   Destiny looked a bit jealous, but what was she expecting? Bryer is my brother. Naturally, I'd be a little more closer to him. Oh well. Like I care.
   "I made you three some pancakes." Kasi drifted towards the table with plates of pancakes.
   "Yay! I'm starving!" Bryer smiled.
   "Me too." I said.
   "Me three!" Destiny piped.
   The seating arrangement went like this: Bryer and Brandon at the ends, Me and Kasi on the left, Destiny and Kyle on the right.
   Bryer, Destiny, and I had pancakes while the Harper's had transparent juice packets that looked like Capri Sun packets in front of them.
   "Ooh. Is that juice?" Destiny asked.
   The three looked nervously at each other and said, "Something like that."
   "May I have some?" Destiny asked.
   "Umm... Well..." Kasi dragged on.
   "It's okay. I'll get one myself." Destiny got up and opened up the cabinet that had Kasi's name on it and grabbed a packet.
   "Wait!" Kasi warned but it was too late.
   Destiny had already stuck the straw in and began drinking the fluid. "Ew. This tastes weird."
   "That's because..." Kasi sighed, "It's blood."
   Destiny spit out all the "juice" that had been in her mouth at the time, "What?!"
   "You are aware that we are vampires, right?" Kasi asked.
   "Oh, yeah." Destiny's face turned green, "I forgot about that. Excuse me for a moment." Destiny ran upstairs and into the bathroom. Even though we couldn't hear it, but we knew that she must of been puking.
   "That moron." I sighed. What was I going to do with her?
   "How are the pancakes?" Kasi asked.
   That made me realize that I haven't even ate mine yet. I looked at Bryer's plate, which was empty. I gaped at him.
   "These are freaking delicious!" Bryer burped.
   Kasi beamed, "I'm glad! I haven't cooked in over a hundred years, so I didn't think that they would be any good."
   'It is so like you to like older women, isn't it?' I telepathically told Bryer.
   'Yeah, so?' Somehow I knew that Bryer would say that.
   That's when Destiny came back in, holding her stomach.
   "Sorry about that." Destiny grimaced.
   "It's okay. I can always get more." Kasi smiled.
    The rest of the day was pretty much normal. Well not really. Bryer followed Kasi to the store, Destiny and Kyle went hiking, and that left me and Brandon alone. Gosh, I hate my life. We were watching TV on the couch in the living room, which was right by the kitchen.
    "So..." I tried to make conversation, "Who or what is the Maverick Clan?"
    Brandon's fists clenched. He turned off the TV and walked out into the hallway.
   I followed him, asking, "Who are they?"
   "None of your business." Brandon walked up the stairs and went left to wear his family's rooms were. He picked the room at the end like me.
   "Just tell me." I pressed on. I followed him into the room. It was dark. Everything was black. The walls, the bed, the TV, the shelves, everything.
   "I can't tell you."
   "Why not?"
   "Because."
   "That's not a valid reason."
   "Of course it is."
   "No, it's not."
   "Yes, it is."
   "We can argue about this all day." I said while sitting on his bed.
   Brandon gave me a look before opening the door to head out to a square balcony.
   I got up and went out to the balcony. The view was breathtaking. I felt like I could see the whole world from that very spot.
   "Look, the Maverick Clan is not a clan you wish to mess with." Brandon said, "They are the most powerful vampire clan in the world. The clan consists of the leader, Rachael, and her four pawns: Crash, Punk, Leo, and Artemis."
   "I see. Are they good vampires or bad ones?" I asked.
   "The worst of the worst." Brandon grimaced, "They kill humans and drink their blood."
   "Isn't that what all vampires do?"
   "Well, vampires like us try to be more civilized then that. We get our blood from the blood bank."
   "What about people that need blood transfusions?"
   "They have more than enough blood."
   "So? Can't you just poor Holy Water on the Mavericks?"
   "It's not that simple. We vampires had created these rings called 'Resistance Rings'. They make us resistant against all Holy things so we won't get hurt when we touch them, and sunlight. That's why we can go into sunlight. See?" Brandon stood in the light. And all be damned, no exploding, or sparkling.
   "Thank goodness you don't sparkle." I laughed.
   "I'd commit suicide if I was a f*****g sparkly vampire." Brandon grimaced.
   "I know. Twilight is so gay." I smiled.
   "That's so true. I mean why in the hell would a vampire sparkle? It's so gay..." Brandon ranted.
    We talked for hours on how we didn't like Twilight. Something we have in common.
    "Ashleigh!" I heard Destiny's call from the first floor, but I ignored her. I was feeling great being up here with Brandon. The way his eyes beamed as he talked was so... Whoa, whoa, whoa! Get a hold of yourself, Ash. You swore you would always hate guys with crappy a*s attitudes.
   "Look, I'm sorry about what I said that day." Brandon fiddled his thumbs.
   "Huh?" I gaped at him. I couldn't believe his pride was low enough for him to apologize.
   "I said that I didn't want filthy humans living with us." Brandon continued, "I just... didn't want to get close to anyone."
   I was speechless. I haven't known him for long and I was certain that I never did want to know him, but this feeling inside me was telling me otherwise. I put my hand on his back. And I said something that I couldn't promise, "It's going to be okay."
   "You really think so?" Brandon asked, his voice filled with pure curiosity.
   "Of course." I smiled. If Destiny didn't practically scream my name at that time, I think I might have kissed Brandon.
   "Ashleigh!!!!!!!" Destiny's scream could probably be heard in China, for crying out loud!
   "I'm coming!" I growled back.
   I saw Brandon smiling at me and I did something I thought I would never do. I smiled back.


© 2010 Ashimoto


Author's Note

Ashimoto
Just found my theme song for this book. It's the first song on my playlist on my profile. "Lose Control" by Blood On The Dance Floor. This was a long chapter. :P Please Review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dude, I don't wanna be all mean and everything, but Destiny gets on my nerves. B| And Kyle is mine -3- XD Awesome chapter! Ash and Brandon, huh?? DON DON DON! Lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, Ash and Brandon? They would make a really stubborn couple.

Posted 13 Years Ago


He he, underwear.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Ha ha. Destiny drank the blood.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
4 Reviews
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010


Author

Ashimoto
Ashimoto

Adalwolfa, Amaterasu



About
New bio time! I'm Ash, as you all know, and this is my profile. I like writing because it lets me vent out all my emotions, be they positive or negative. I'm just not all that good at it. I try my har.. more..

Writing
Still Doll Still Doll

A Book by Ashimoto


Still Doll Still Doll

A Story by Ashimoto