Sunday

Sunday

A Chapter by Ashimoto
"

A filler chapter, but it does move the story along. The Harper Vampires take Ashleigh, Destiny, and Bryer to Church.

"
   It was now Sunday. I hated Sundays. Probably because school was the next day. I had made sure that the curtain was covering the glass wall so the light wouldn't wake me up.
  
   I was dreaming that I was a vampire, and so were Destiny and Bryer. I was running with Brandon and everyone. We were having so much fun. And we had symbol marks on our right arms, ones I have never seen. It was a 'G' symbol with vines and leaves growing from it.
   I saw that Destiny had a young vampire boy holding onto her hand. He had short black hair that looked so nice and fluffy on his head. He looked about the age of ten. And he was so much shorter than Destiny. He tugged on her hand and she picked him up.
   Was I dreaming of the future? Was this Destiny's child that I was seeing? He took off the jacket he was wearing and I saw the same mark on him that we all had, but he had another mark on his left arm. It was an 'M' with a snake twisted around it. The whole mark had a branded red cross on it, as if he had changed clans.
   I wanted to see more of my dream, but I was slowly being pulled from it. Someone was trying to wake me up.

  
   I woke with a start. I saw Kasi's face looking at mine.
   "Are you alright?" she asked.
   "Yeah." I sighed, "Why are you waking me up?"
   "We are going to Church." Kasi smiled.
   "Huh?" I sat up, "Vampires go to Church?"
   "Yes, we do. I'll explain everything at the table for breakfast. Come on." Kasi encouraged me out of bed.
   I got up and dressed then I followed Kasi to the table. Everyone was seated. I walked in and took my place.
   "Morning, Ash." Bryer greeted.
   "Morning, Bry." I greeted back.
   I could tell that Destiny was holding her tongue. I had been rather cold to her lately. I don't mean to, but sometimes she can be so annoying.
   "How is it that you guys can go to Church when you guys are vampires?" Bryer asked.
   "I already told Ashleigh this, so this will be a refresher of yesterday." Brandon began, "Vampires have created rings called 'Resistance Rings'. They protect us from holy things such as water and crosses, and they also protect us from sunlight."
   "Some vampires wear the rings differently." Kyle said, "I'm wearing mine as an earring." He pointed to his black loop earring.
   "Mine's on my finger." Kasi showed her large pink ring with a diamond 'K' on the front.
   "And mine's on my necklace." Brandon showed his chain with a silver ring on it.
   Kasi looked at the clock and gasped, "We have to get ready for Church!"
   Everyone sprang into a hurry. Kasi dressed into a long pink dress with long sleeves and pink flats. She wore her hair in a single braid down her back.
   "Do you and Destiny have dresses to wear?" Kasi asked me.
   "I hate dresses." I stated.
   "Nonsense." she grabbed me and Destiny's arms and dragged us into her room.
   Kasi's room was amazing. Colors splattered the walls and the bed. Her room was quite colorful.
   "It represents my personality." Kasi smiled as she went into her humongous closet.
   "Do we have to wear dresses?" Destiny asked.
   "Yes. They suspect us already, so showing up with people that don't dress properly will just give them more of a reason." Kasi informed.
   Destiny and I understood. We found dresses that fit us well. Destiny found a pretty yellow dress and I found a red dress.
   "Oh wow." Kasi said as we all looked at each other in a mirror, "We look horribly mismatched."
   "Perfect." Destiny and I said together as we laughed.
   "Are you boys ready?" Kasi asked as we walked out of her room.
   All the boys walked out wearing dress shirts, dress pants, dress shoes, and ties. Their hair combed back and shirts tucked in.
   I whistled, making them blush.
   Destiny smiled, "You boys sure clean up good."
   "We'd better get going." Kyle said, checking his watch.
   "Brandon, get the car." Kasi said.
   "You have a car?" I asked.
   "Well we can't go to Church in motorcycles, can we?" Kasi questioned.
   "I guess not." I looked away.
   The car was a sleek black Dodge Durango. Which meant that it would be able to fit all six of us. The Harper's sat in front, while we sat in back.
   "It is not a long drive." Kasi reassured us, "Only a few minutes."
   I watched out the window and thought about my dream. Was it really a dream? Or could it of been a prophetic sign? I wasn't aware that we were already here. The Church was a tall building that was painted with a large cross on the top of it. It looked like a normal Church.
   "Why do you go to this particular Church?" I asked.
   "Our mother loved this Church." Kasi said, "And the Pastor knows what we are, so he doesn't mind."
   We went in and I saw that it was a nice, small Church. One that could only seat fifty or so people. Some of the older people looked at us funny. Suddenly, this old man ran up to Kasi and splashed Holy Water onto her. I gasped for I had forgotten that her ring protected her from things like that.
   She took out a handkerchief and wiped the water off, "Good morning, Mr. O'Connell."
   "I know what you are, Demon!" the old man yelled.
   "Neal." another man came up to us.
   "Pastor Cunningham." Kasi, Brandon, and Kyle all took turns shaking his hands.
   "We brought guests today." Kasi introduced us. And we all shook hands.
   "Let's take our seats. The service is about to start." said the Pastor.
   We all sat on the left side, on the third bench.
   "Who was the man that threw Holy Water on you?" I asked Kasi.
   "That was Mr. O'Connell." Kasi whispered back, "He is a crazy loon and we try to avoid him. He suspects us the most."
   "Thank goodness that ring actually worked." I admired it from her hand.
   "Of course it would work." Kasi then hushed me as the service started.

   The service wasn't boring at all. In fact, it was fun. The Pastor told jokes and made us laugh nonstop. He was serious when he needed to be, but he provided great comic relief.
   After the service we shook hands and said our goodbyes.
   "How was it?" Kasi asked the three of us, "Did you like it?"
   "It was fun." the three of us said in unison.
   "Good." Kasi smiled, "Now we can go get something to eat."
   We drove to a diner near the Church. And, as always, we sat in a booth.
   "Say, Kasi, I need to get some answers on something." I said, pulling out a notepad and pencil.
   "I'm scared." Kasi laughed.
   I started drawing the symbol 'G' and 'M' on the notepad.
   "Do you know these symbols?" I asked as I pushed the notebook towards the family.
   Kasi and Kyle gasped, while a shadow cast over Brandon's face.
   "The 'M' is the clan marking of the Mavericks." Kasi said in a low voice.
   "The 'G' is the clan marking of the Genesis Clan." Kyle said.
   "The Genesis Clan?" I asked.
   "They are the second most powerful clan." Kyle explained, "They symbolize the beginning of peace between humans and vampires. That's what 'Genesis' means. Some mistake 'Genesis' to be from the bible, but the word is meant as the beginning to something. The Genesis Clan are trying to bring peace between the two worlds."
   "Tell me." Kasi began, "Where did you see these markings?"
   "In a dream of mine." I answered.
   "About?" Kyle looked interested.
   I noticed that everyone at the booth was listening, except for Brandon. He kept staring out the window.
   "We were all vampires with the Genesis Clan's markings on our arms." I said. I heard gasps from just about everybody. I continued, "That's when I saw a black-haired kid holding onto Destiny's hand. He had the same symbol, but on the other arm there was the Maverick Clan's markings. There was a branded cross on it though."
   "What?" Brandon decided to show interest.
   "There was a branded cross over it." I repeated.
   Brandon looked away from me then.
   "Do you know something about it?" I asked, intent on getting an answer.
   "Shut up." he simply said.
   "So you do know something about it! Tell me!"
   "Shut up!"
   "Not until you tell me!"
   "SHUT UP!"
   I was taken aback by the anger in his voice. I stood up and walked out of the diner to go lean on the car. At least, I could think out there. I was almost to the car when I saw two girls inspecting it. One had a short white dress, fluffy white boots, brown pigtails, tan skin, and baby blue eyes. The other girl had a short black dress, black leather boots, tan skin, and piercing green eyes. And her hair looked so much like Alice Cullen's hair that it made me gag.
   The girl in pigtails turned to me and gasped. I recognized her immediately. It was Serenity, the girl I rescued from Crash and Punk.
   "I knew you would be here." Serenity twirled toward me, "Thank you for rescuing me that time."
   "No problem." I said.
   "Who's that, Serenity?" the other girl asked.
   "This is the girl that rescued me from the Maverick's." Serenity said, "Her name is Ashleigh."
   "Oh!" the girl ran up to me and hugged me, "Thank you for looking out for my little Siren! She is such a little trouble maker!"
   "Uh..." I was lost for words.
   "This is my vampire friend. Her name is Neecee." Serenity told me.
   Neecee let go of me and said, "Hello."
   Serenity beamed at me, "I'm so glad that you found the Harper's."
   "Huh?" I asked.
   "That was our plan all along." Neecee clapped happily.
   "You've lost me." I said, confused.
   "We have been trying to get them to join the Genesis Clan for decades." Neecee began, "They wouldn't join us because Brandon had been badly betrayed by a clan he previously left. And now that you've came into their lives, they can join our clan. So could you please persuade them?"
   I was a little pissed off at the fact that they would try to use me to get the Harper's to join a clan. there was one thing I was curious about...
   "What clan was he previously in?" I asked.
   Serenity and Neecee looked at each other then replied, "The Maverick Clan."


© 2010 Ashimoto


Author's Note

Ashimoto
Finally! Lol. What a twist at the end. Please Review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm all for the Genesis Clan! XD Not that the Mavereck Clan isn't tempting =P

Posted 13 Years Ago


Clan members? I think the Genesis Clan is a cool Clan.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whoa! Dream sequence. I think the Maverick Clan is badass. M.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Ohh. The twist was a spur of the moment thing. I just felt like I barfed in onto the page the last minute. Lol.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
4 Reviews
Added on July 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 21, 2010


Author

Ashimoto
Ashimoto

Adalwolfa, Amaterasu



About
New bio time! I'm Ash, as you all know, and this is my profile. I like writing because it lets me vent out all my emotions, be they positive or negative. I'm just not all that good at it. I try my har.. more..

Writing
Still Doll Still Doll

A Book by Ashimoto


Still Doll Still Doll

A Story by Ashimoto