Maverick Castle

Maverick Castle

A Chapter by Ashimoto
"

Ashleigh arrives at the Maverick's castle where she meets Artemis, the boy in her prophetic dreams.

"
   It felt as if I was floating, but two strong arms were holding me up. My eyes tried to open, but it felt like cement was holding my eyelids together.
   "Ashleigh?" came a voice.
   I thought it was Brandon, so I tried to touch his face with my fingertips. However, I found that it was not Brandon. As soon as I found that out, I retracted my hand. My eyes opened to see Punk smiling at me. For a moment, I was dumbfounded. Why in the HELL was he carrying me?
   "We are almost there, sweetheart." Punk said in a sweetly sick tone.
   If my head wasn't throbbing, I would have punched him for calling me such a ridiculous name. I turned my head to see a midnight sky castle that blended in with the night.
   The castle gates opened and I could see two men standing in the entrance way. Well, one man and one boy. The man was Leo, the blond head from the Maverick Clan. And the boy was Artemis, the boy who saved her in the dream and told her of the Sacred Blood in her veins. But why is she meeting them now? Wasn't she suppose to meet them under different circumstances? Was her dream wrong?
   "Leo, prepare a room for our guest." Punk said when we reached the entrance, "Artemis, prepare a meal. She must be very hungry."
   "Yes, sir." Artemis said timidly. He looked like a cute little British kid with his black and red Pea Coat, but he had black hair that was slightly gelled up and soft red eyes that made his white skin way whiter than usual. He turned to go to the kitchen, but I wished to speak with him.
   "Put me down." I commanded.
   "But, Princess..." Punk whined.
   My eye twitched menacingly. Princess? Since when was I a f*****g princess?
   "I said, 'Put me the f**k down.' NOW." I said in a no-bullshit tone.
   Punk immediately put me on my feet where I quickly took my hair out of it's ponytail and then put it back up.
   I left Punk to follow Artemis. The kitchen was grand. The cabinets made of red oak, and the counter tops were black tile.
   I was so awestruck that I didn't know that Artemis was staring at me. Without fear, I walked up to him. He was about four feet because he came up to my breasts. I giggled.
   "What's wrong, Princess?" Artemis asked politely.
   I couldn't take it anymore; I just HAD to hug him.
   "So cute!" I picked him up and spun around.
   Artemis squealed, "Please put me down, Princess!"
   Now that that was out of my system, I put him back down and said, "I'm sorry, Arty. You were just so cute."
   He gave me a weird look, "I'm sorry, but we don't know each other on a personal level. So please refrain from nicknames."
   "Then don't call me princess." I frowned.
   "But Leo said that we HAD to call you that." Artemis said, tone full of distress.
   "What?!" I asked. These Mavericks were total weirdos, except for Artemis.
   "Leo is our leader's newest mate, so whatever he says goes." Artemis said.
   "Well when it's just us, call me Ashleigh." I held out my hand.
   Artemis hesitated, but he took it nonetheless. "Why are you trying to get all buddy-buddy with me anyway?" he asked.
   "If I told you that I had prophetic dreams, would you believe me?" I asked him with a serious face.
   Artemis looked a little shocked. He nodded though and began to make me a meal as I talked about how I would have the dreams, but I didn't tell him what happened in then because who knows who was listening at the door.
   Artemis made me a buffet of turkey, mashed potatoes, and things that I had no idea what they were, but I was so hungry that I could eat anything. I scarfed down my food as Artemis drank blood from a packet.
   "I didn't know the Mavericks were civilized enough to not drink blood from a packet." I stated.
   Artemis put his packet down to explain, "I am the only one who drinks from packets in the clan. The others go and kill humans for their blood."
   "How old are you anyway?" I asked.
   "I was ten when I was changed, but I'm over a thousand years old now." Artemis sighed.
   Holy s**t. He was old! Older than Kasi and her family.
   "How were you changed?" I asked.
   "This conversation is getting rather personal, don't you think?" His eyes turned dark and sad.
   I got the picture and didn't ask anymore questions. We just ate in silence for a while.
   "Princess?" came a voice from behind the kitchen door.
   Leo walked in and glared at Artemis, who was just sitting and minding his own business.
   "How dare you sit with the princess!" Leo smacked Artemis and sent him flying across the kitchen.
   Seeing Artemis cry out in pain, I stood up and yelled, "Hey, Pal, don't go doing whatever the f**k you want."
   Leo and Artemis looked at me with a surprised look.
   "But, Princess..." Leo began, "...he must of been a bother to you."
   "No, he wasn't. Don't assume things." I said hotly while going to check if Artemis was all right.
   Leo growled and stomped out of the kitchen.
   "Are you okay, Arty?" I asked.
   "I'm fine. It happens quite frequently." Artemis sat on the ground with his eyes full of tears.
   The feeling in my stomach was not pity. I didn't not feel pity for Artemis. However, I had an angry feeling. At Artemis for not fighting back and at Leo for striking him.
   "Artemis." I said in a tone so seriously that it made him look automatically, "I promise I will protect you with my life."
   Artemis looked a little taken aback, "Why? Why would you do this all for me?"
   I sighed, "Because you will be my nephew some day."


© 2010 Ashimoto


Author's Note

Ashimoto
Next chapter will be in Destiny's POV. Review this chapter, please and thank you. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

O_o Wow, lots of things are happening now. I think (hope) that's a good thing ^^ And gosh, Artemis sounds totally adorable! I wanna hug him too! T^T

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
In truth, Artemis is one of Ashleigh's ancestors... If no one new that then I'm sorry for the spoiler.

Posted 13 Years Ago


So they have a castle? No fair. P.S. I like Artemis. =^.^=

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whoa! The ending was f*****g trippy!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
4 Reviews
Added on August 22, 2010
Last Updated on August 25, 2010


Author

Ashimoto
Ashimoto

Adalwolfa, Amaterasu



About
New bio time! I'm Ash, as you all know, and this is my profile. I like writing because it lets me vent out all my emotions, be they positive or negative. I'm just not all that good at it. I try my har.. more..

Writing
Still Doll Still Doll

A Book by Ashimoto


Still Doll Still Doll

A Story by Ashimoto