Past Dream

Past Dream

A Chapter by Ashimoto
"

This is in Destiny's POV! Kasi ran out of ideas for Ashleigh's chapters so now we are doing Destiny's.

"
Destiny's P.O.V.
  
   It's been three whole days since Punk abducted Ashleigh and took her to God-knows-where. I guess all we had left to do was pray. Ashleigh's friends are so worried about her. We couldn't tell them that she was taken by a vampire. Those freaks would probably try to go after him and rescue Ashleigh.

                                           Flashback

   "Where's Ashleigh?" Ellie and her crew marched up to me.
   "W-what?" I stuttered.
   "We haven't seen her..." Dayana began.
   "...since monday. And we are desperately..." Tanya continued.
   "...worried about her." Dayana finished.
   Amaris gave me a distressed look that looked cute at the same time.
   "Yeah!" Ellie yelled, "We wanna know where she is!"
   "Yeah!" the whole crew cheered.
   I was freaking out here! How could I tell them that Ash was stolen? Would they believe me if I told them that a vampire took her? Knowing them, probably.
   Kyle came up behind me and hugged me.
   "Kyle?" I gasped at his sudden appearance.
   "Hey, Kyle." Ellie walked up to him.
   "What's up?" Kyle asked.
   "Do you know where Ashleigh is?" Ellie eyed him suspiciously.
   "Yes I do." Kyle said innocently.
   "Really?" the crew leaned a bit closer to hear.
   "She's sick in bed." Kyle lied, and I got to admit he was convincing.
   "Oh?" Ellie looked a bit disappointed, "We were expecting her to have been taken away by a vampire or something."
   "W-what?!" I yelped.
   "I mean, since you're a vampire and all." Ellie said, "Well bye, Kyle. You too, Destiny." the crew followed Ellie down the hall.
   "D-does she know?!" I gaped at him.
   "I took a pack of blood to school and since it 'looked' like blood they've called me a vampire ever since. I don't know if they really believe it or not." Kyle shrugged his shoulders, "And Ellie is a superb guesser. She was able to tell that Ash-Chan was taken by a vampire without a second thought. She would be an amazing vampire."
   "How could you be so calm about this?!" I yelled, "Ashleigh has been taken by the Maverick Clan and all you do is talk about how good of a vampire Ellie would be?!"
   "I don't know why I'm so calm." Kyle confessed, "It's just my nature. Now please feed me, Des-desu. I'm starving."
   I sighed and pulled out a blood packet from my backpack. "Here." I handed it to him.
   "Thanks, babe." Kyle drank happily.

                                    End of Flashback

   "If only I could talk to someone sane." I murmured a bit too loudly.
   "Well thanks for calling us all crazy." Brandon walked past me to get onto his motorcycle.
   In all truth, I have been scared of Brandon from the very first day. He's never came off friendly to me and after accidentally striking Ashleigh, I have been mortified of his presence. I don't know how Ashleigh could like such a guy.
   "Babe!" Kyle waved from his motorcycle. I ran to him and got onto the motorcycle.
   We rode in silence all the way home. Everyone was still comatose from the lack of sleep we got. We worried about Ashleigh so much that we just can't seem to get through a night without seeing Ash get taken away in each dream.
   As I was walking to my room, I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Bryer.
   "Don't worry about Ash. She's way tougher than you think." Bryer smiled.
   "I already think she's really tough." I smiled back, "So does that mean she's unbeatable?"
   "Exactly." Bryer waved me off and parted for his room.
   Walking into my room, I noticed a picture of me and Ashleigh giving each other bunny ears. Oh how I missed those times. I changed my clothes and fell right into my bed, drifting into a very weird dream.

   I was jogging on a mountain trail. Snow was a blanket over the rocks. I was in a gray winter coat with a faux-fur lined hood, blue jeans, and gray fuzzy boots. As I reached the top of the mountain, I saw a boy with black hair, white skin, red eyes, and a black and red pea coat. He was so beautiful that I stopped to stare for a bit.
   He smiled brightly at me and called to me saying, "Mother!"
   I've never seen this boy in my entire life. How could I be a mother? My mouth moved on it's own and it felt like my voice did not belong to me as I called back, "Artemis?"
   The child ran to me and grabbed my hand, "Come one, Mother! Auntie is waiting for us at the bottom."
   He tugged at me and hesitantly I followed. And there at the bottom of the trail was Ashleigh, in the outfit that she had on the day of her kidnapping. Pajamas were not something to wear in the snow.
   "Auntie!" Artemis called to Ashleigh, who in returned called Artemis's name.
   Did Ashleigh know this child? If so, I wish she tell me who he is. We were greeted by everyone else. I was so relieved to see everyone together that I accidentally let go of Artemis's hand. He fell to the ground behind me. I turned back to see him crying and holding out his hand to me. I got a weird instinct in me that said to take his hand. I reached for him and just as I was about to touch his fingertips, the whole scene shifted.
   I was suddenly in a kitchen wearing a practically yellow ballroom gown with a corset crushing my lungs. I was stirring a pot that smelled odd.
   "Mother." said a small voice beside me.
   I turned to see Artemis looking up at me with his beautiful eyes.
   "Yes, my dear?" I asked, my voice still not belonging to me.
   "Vampires don't exist. So you can stop making Holy Water viles." he giggled.
   "Oh, my child, there are things in this world that you do not know about." I smiled, "You never know when you will need a vile of Holy Water."
   Artemis kissed my hand and then ran off to go play. My body was moving without my consent. I was pouring the liquid I presumed to be Holy Water into the viles when a man holding a pitcher of beer wobbled into my kitchen.
   "Destinare." the man said to me, "Since your husband died, I think you need another man."
   "You think wrong, Bonifacio." I glared, "The only man in my life now is my young boy, Artemis."
   I felt a hand snatch my wrist forcefully. I turned to see the drunkard's face close to mine.
   "Now, I can tell the whole town that you secretly trained in military arts without anyone knowing." Bonifacio smiled wickedly, "Women would be hanged for secretly training, you know that."
   I gritted my teeth and yanked my hand away from him.
   "I'll take my leave for today." Bonifacio licked his lips, "But I'll be back tomorrow for your answer." and with that he left the house.
   I heaved a relieved sigh. I jumped when I heard the sound of running footsteps into the kitchen, but it was only Artemis.
   "Oh, you scared me, Artemis." I put a hand over my heart.
   "Mother?" he asked me, "Is Bonifacio bullying you?"
   I had an urge to laugh, but that's when he said this.
   "Don't you worry, mother. I'll protect you forever."
   I was so moved by this that I picked the boy up and held him tight, "I know you will, Arty."
   The sun quickly went down as I continued with my Holy Water brewing. Artemis was playing in the living room. I heard the front door open.
   I heard harsh panting behind me and I turned to see Bonifacio with his head down at the ground.
   "Bonifacio!" I yelled, "I will give you an answer in the morning! For now, please leave!"
   He didn't make a move until he looked up and smiled. Large fangs showing and vile spew dripping from them.
   "You will give me an answer now." Bonifacio growled as he tried to pounce on me. This reminded me of how Kyle pounced onto Punk when they fought.
   Sudden realization hit me. Bonifacio was a VAMPIRE. I quickly grabbed my crucifix that was on my necklace and held it in front of him. He yelped and backed away.
   "Mother!" Artemis appeared in the door.
   "Artemis, run!" I was too late to say.
   Bonifacio jumped onto Artemis the second he spoke. Artemis cried out as I saw Bonifacio seek his teeth into Artemis' shoulder.
   "No!" I cried as I grabbed a pistol and loaded a vile of Holy Water into it. I quickly turned around and shot Bonifacio in the back with the Holy Water. He cried out and then vanished into a pile of dust. I loaded another one in, then I put the rest into a bag and connected it to my belt.
   Artemis screamed and gripped his shoulder. I ran to him and picked him up with the arm that wasn't holding the pistol.
   "Mother?" he panted, "It hurts. Please make it stop."
   "I will. I'll stop the pain soon." I said, "Let's get out of here first."
   I took off out the door at a breakneck speed. I looked around as I ran. Vampires had taken over. They devoured anyone that they seen. And when a vampire taken a liking to us, I shot them with the Holy Water. The run wasn't long at all because of my speed, but Artemis looked worse and worse. We took shelter in a cave. I put him down on a blanket that I packed and I removed his pea coat to take a good look at the bite mark.
   "Mother?" Artemis asked in a small voice, "What's happening to me?"
   "You are turning into a vampire, my dear." a tear rolled down my cheek, "I will end your suffering though."
   Artemis saw me reach for the gun and he panicked.
   "Please, mother! I won't harm you! So please don't kill me like you killed Bonifacio!" Artemis begged.
   I reached past the gun and took out a knife.
   "No, please don't!" Artemis pleaded.
   To our amazement, I slide the blade across my hand and watched as the blood gushed out.
   Artemis began to drool and his fangs came out a bit more. He covered his nose so he couldn't smell it.
   "Drink." I said, "I have a rare blood that runs in our family called Sacred Blood. It reverses the effects of vampire poison. I wouldn't have the guts to kill my own son. I love you too much."
   Artemis refused my hand, "What if I don't stop drinking?"
   I smiled and removed the hand from his mouth, "Will yourself to stop."
   Artemis hesitantly licked the wound. His eyes shot open at the taste and he began sucking the blood from my veins like a straw. I was getting dizzy from lack of blood.
   Artemis slapped my hand away from his mouth as he clutched his stomach.
   I watched as I bandaged my hand. Artemis' fangs shrunk, his claws shrunk, and so did the bite mark, until nothing was left.
   Artemis watched in wonder, "It worked!"
   "I told you." I laughed, but stopped when I felt a cold metal feeling go through my stomach. I looked down at a sword that went through my back and was showing out of my stomach. I choked out some blood.
   "Mother!" Artemis cried and tried to run towards me, but was caught by a vampire and was bitten once again on the shoulder.
   "Artemis..." I said weekly, "...drink my blood." I reached my bloody hand towards him.
   The vampire crushed my hand with his foot and I shrieked from the crushing of my bones.
   "Mother!" Artemis cried again.
   "Artemis..." I began, "...I already know that the Sacred Blood runs in our family and only few may have it... My reincarnation will have it for certain... Find my reincarnation, my dear... and finally stop this..." I was fading fast.
   Artemis growled at the vampire who took my life away, "I'll kill you!" he jumped onto the vampire and ripped his throat out.
   "Artemis!" I yelled with all of my strength, "Please... wait this out... for my... reincarnation... and remember... I will always... love you." I had no more strength to speak.
   "I love you too, mother." Artemis held my hand and kissed it gently.
   The vampire stirred from not being burned. His blond hair was so bright that it was blinding.
   "You got spunk, kid." said the vampire, "The name's Leo. You should join the Maverick's."
   "Never!" Artemis shouted.
   "If you don't, we will spend our years hunting down all the Sacred Blood carriers." Leo threatened.
   Artemis was scared but he had no other choice.
   And the last words I heard were, "I will join the Maverick Clan."


   "Artemis!" I bolted out of bed. My hair was messy, my t-shirt was baggy, and my shorts were crooked. Was this what Ashleigh's dreams were like? I didn't know. However, I knew that I had to speak with someone about them. Who would Ashleigh go to? I sighed as I dropped to the ground and walked out of my room towards Brandon's room.


© 2010 Ashimoto


Author's Note

Ashimoto
Destiny's turn to have the freaky dreams. Guess who Artemis' mother reincarnation is? Lol. Please read and review. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whoa, didn't really see that coming. Yeah, I'm not the brightest crayon in the crayon box, but I like this chapter! It was so sad though T^T

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
It took me so long to think of the dream sequence. And by the way, I don't have any of this planned out. I just go along with my gut feeling.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Will Bryer start having dreams too? Just asking.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Artemis' mom sounds hot. So does Destiny. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
4 Reviews
Added on August 25, 2010
Last Updated on August 26, 2010


Author

Ashimoto
Ashimoto

Adalwolfa, Amaterasu



About
New bio time! I'm Ash, as you all know, and this is my profile. I like writing because it lets me vent out all my emotions, be they positive or negative. I'm just not all that good at it. I try my har.. more..

Writing
Still Doll Still Doll

A Book by Ashimoto


Still Doll Still Doll

A Story by Ashimoto