Jealousy

Jealousy

A Chapter by Ashimoto
"

Filler chapter. Warning: some Twilight bashing in this chap. Don't get offended because I warned you.

"
   It would seem like things were normal now. Brandon still didn't trust Artemis all that much, but he couldn't say anything because of Destiny. Destiny was the only person who changed. She didn't seem to be scared at all, not of me, or of Brandon. She even seemed to challenge Brandon on a daily basis with her glares and growls.
   We were outside in the backyard chilling out and lounging around. Well, some of us were. Ellie and Brandon were sparing in the middle of the yard while Kasi and Bryer cheered them on, Artemis had his head in Destiny's lap while she stroked his hair, and I was laying in the flower garden with Kyle sitting next to me.
   "She sure has changed." I told him.
   "A lot." Kyle agreed, "She won't let me get close anymore. I thought we had something... special. I guess Artemis is more important to her than I am."
   "Oh please." I got up, "Don't be a big baby over this. You're a man. Suck it up and tell her how you feel."
   "You don't get it, Ash." Kyle sighed, "I really like her."
   "Then tell her, dumbshit."
   "It's... it's complicated."
   "How?!"
   "Leave it, Ash."
   "No, tell me."
   "Damn it! Leave me the f**k alone!"
   Oh hell no. I pounced onto Kyle and we wrestled for a bit, obviously he would win the wrestling fight, however, I gave him a few good punches.
   "What the Hell is going on?!" Ellie had her irritated voice on, "Kyle, get off of her."
   Ellie pulled Kyle off of me and flung him across the yard with little effort.
   "What happened?" Brandon asked, trying to keep order.
   "Ashleigh was in my business." Kyle huffed.
   "Stop being a little hormonal b***h!" I spat harshly.
   Kyle lunged for me with a crazed look in his eyes. Brandon quickly held him back.
   "Calm yourself, Kyle." Ellie said with authority, "We need not do anything rash."
   "Whatever." Kyle walked off.
   We all looked at each other. I gave Destiny a look, which she shrugged off.
   I walked up to her and sat next to her, "He's jealous."
   "Huh?" Destiny asked. Artemis looked up to me.
   "Kyle is jealous." I repeated, "He wants you to baby him."
   Destiny huffed, "I have more important things now." She patted Artemis' head lovingly.
   "Still," Artemis said, "You should spend a bit more time with him too."
   "But, Arty." Destiny protested, "I thought you wanted a mother?"
   "Of course I do!" Artemis cried, "But I wish for your happiness too."
   Destiny thought for a bit and then said, "You're right." She got up and followed after Kyle.
   Artemis and I smiled at each other before I decided to take Destiny's place and pet Artemis' hair.
   "Auntie?" Artemis asked, eyes closed in ecstasy.
   "Yes?" I replied.
   "Do you think I could ever call Kyle 'Father'?"
   This question puzzled me. I never saw Kyle as the "Fatherly" type. He is always goofing around and doesn't take life seriously. Destiny was the same way until Artemis showed up, then her motherly instincts kicked in and she changed. She practically became a mother bear, especially around Brandon, trying to protect her Artemis.
   "He doesn't really look the 'Fatherly' type to me." I spoke honestly.
   "Maybe I can call him 'Dad'?" Artemis puzzled.
   Yeah, I mean Kyle does seem more like a "daddy" type because of his youth and such. And it was very ironic how Artemis was wanting to call Kyle "Dad" when Artemis was over 1,000 years older than Kyle.
   "Maybe." I said, continuing to pet his silky hair.
   Artemis closed his eyes and hummed sweetly, enjoying his hair being played with.
   "I haven't had my hair played with in a long time." Artemis confessed.
   I thought back to when I had learned about Artemis' past. He lost his mother AND his mortality on the same day, centuries ago. He must have been so lonely without a mother figure. But wait a minute.
   "Was Rachael ever a mother like figure?" I asked.
   Artemis tensed up, "No. She was cruel and evil. I hope she is defeated one day."
   "By me, of course!" came Ellie's voice from behind. She came up and pounced on Artemis playfully. She was in her ten year old form in her pea coat and her hair in a ponytail.
   "Elichia!" Artemis exclaimed, eyes playful from her pounce.
   "Let's spar, kid. We haven't done it for centuries!" Ellie smiled.
   "Yeah!" Artemis chased her to the middle of the backyard and both got into their fighting stances.
   I never saw Artemis fight, but I've seen Ellie once. They moved in perfect harmony, when one attacked the other blocked. I wondered if Artemis was strong enough to defeat Rachael himself.
   Brandon sat next to me and said, "I know what you are thinking, however, Artemis is too emotionally unstable to fight such a battle."
   "You remind me of Edward Cullen." I sneered, "Reading my mind."
   "Eww." Brandon gagged, "I am insulted. I'm not a freaking sparkly vampire!"
   "Calm down." I laughed, "You are so predictable sometimes."
   "If I'm Edward, then you must be Bella." Brandon smirked.
   "Oh Hell no!" I barked at him, "I am not some coke w***e. And I don't sound like a man when I talk."
   Brandon put his arm around me and held me close, "Thank God for that."
   I smiled, grabbed his arm and flipped him over my shoulder. He looked at me from the ground in surprise.
   "How'd you learn to do that?" he asked.
   "Ellie taught me." I smirked and ran off. Brandon got up and followed after me.
   "They are so lively." Kasi smiled and looked to Bryer.
   "Too lively." Bryer sighed.
   "What is wrong?" Kasi asked, concern thick in her voice.
   "It's Ellie."
   "What happened?"
   "I think she still liked Artemis."
   "How so?"
   "Look how happy she is with him. And they are the same age."
   "You do know that they are related, right?"
   "WHAT?!"
   "Yeah. Artemis' uncle married Ellie's mother. However, Ellie was adopted, found off the streets, so technically they aren't REALLY related."
   "..."
   "Speechless?"
   "What do you think?"
   Kasi smiled at this comment and looked back at the two children, "I wonder if Kyle and Destiny made up yet?"
   "I know, huh?" Bryer said, "They had been gone awhile."

                                  Destiny's POV

   I ran after Kyle with the speed of my new vampire legs.
   "You can't run from me." I growled and increased my speed to match his.
   Finally, when I caught up, I tackled him to the ground.
   "What the-" Kyle started.
   "Why the Hell are you so jealous?!" I demanded.
   He looked away from me, "You love Artemis more than me."
   "You big baby!" I exclaimed, "Suck it up and be a man!"
   "You and Ash are seriously related." He sighed, "Saying the same things."
   "It's because those words are true." I got off of him, "You need to learn that Artemis is my son, and he needs me the most."
   Kyle stood up, his back turned from me.
   "And he needs a father." I mumbled, barely audible, however, he heard it.
   "I don't know if I can be the father he needs." Kyle said, "He was one of the Mavericks. How can we trust him?"
   "Kyle." I said sternly, "If you love me then you will respect my decision. If you want me, then you must take Artemis as well. We are a packaged deal."
   Kyle was silent for a moment. I was afraid that he would tell me to leave or that he never wanted me, but I knew that his decision would either make me happy or kill me instantly.
   "I..." he turned to me, "I really like you, Destiny. And since I have never felt this way before, I can't be sure if it's love or not, however, I am willing to see if it is. I will try to be a good father, but I doubt I won't mess up. So please... don't leave me."
   Tears created waterfalls that paraded down my cheeks, "Of course." And I ran to embrace him.
  
                           Ashleigh's POV

   "You need to stop harassing poor Arty." I gave Brandon a look.
   "Well I just haven't gotten used to the fact that Destiny's kid is Artemis, considering the age difference." Brandon responded.
   "I already told you the story." I groaned, "Destiny is the reincarnation of Artemis' mother and now she is looking after him as if he were her own, which in technical speak, he is."
   "I just hope Artemis' disloyalty won't lead Rachael here." Brandon said.
   "If that happens, Ellie will kick her a*s all the way to Timbuktu." I giggled.
   "This is not a laughing matter." Brandon's eyes turned cold, "She is way stronger than you could imagine."
   "Hey, I have a question." I said, "How many members are in the Maverick Clan?"
   "Well back then there was me, Artemis, Leo, Punk, Crash, and Miranda." Brandon said, "Miranda was the most reckless of us all. And that was how she met her demise. I was abandoned shortly after that. Crash was killed by Kasi, and Leo by Ellie. Artemis left the Clan so that leaves Rachael, the leader, and Punk, her new mate. However, I hear that there are other members that Rachael has failed to disclose to us. She is waiting for the right move to send them probably."
   Other members? How many? I wondered.
   "Hey, Ellie." I called.
   Ellie and Artemis stopped sparing. Ellie ran up to me and asked, "Yes?"
   "Do you know anything about the Genesis Clan?" I asked.
   Ellie looked taken aback by this, "All I know is that they are very dedicated to bringing the humans and vampires together."
   "So that's what their goal is?" I asked myself. Neecee and Serenity are in that Clan. They must be working hard to bring humans and vampires together.
   We heard rustling noises and looked to see Destiny and Kyle holding hands.
   "We knew it." Kasi smiled, "You two are destined to be."
   Destiny gave Kyle a look before Kyle approached Artemis and got down on one knee.
   "I am sorry for the way we, my family, has treated you." Kyle began, "You are not the enemy here and we were so cold anyways. You are Destiny's new son and we must honor that. We must honor Destiny as a mother, you as a son, and I as a father."
   Artemis' eyes began to mist. Kyle was basically telling Artemis that he wanted to be his father.
   "I accept you as a son, a part of this family." Kyle continued, "Will you accept me as well?"
   Artemis jumped into Kyle's arms and wept.
   "Group hug!" I yelled and made a dog-pile onto the two boys.
   "Ash!" Kyle whined, "You ruined the moment!"
   "More like stabbed it with a knife." Ellie giggled before jumping onto the pile as well.
   Life seemed good, but how long would that last? It will last until tomorrow, then the real s**t begins.


© 2010 Ashimoto


Author's Note

Ashimoto
Yes, this is where the action starts in. Yay. Anyway, if you have any questions, ask Kasi. She is the one writing this. :P Please read and review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOOT! But, yeah, I dont really see Kyle as the father type either XP Maybe the daddy type, but just barely. He somehow reminds me of Tamaki from OHSHC. Thats just me, but it's still amusing to lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Yeah, get ready for more action cuz it's coming. :P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 8, 2010
Last Updated on October 10, 2010


Author

Ashimoto
Ashimoto

Adalwolfa, Amaterasu



About
New bio time! I'm Ash, as you all know, and this is my profile. I like writing because it lets me vent out all my emotions, be they positive or negative. I'm just not all that good at it. I try my har.. more..

Writing
Still Doll Still Doll

A Book by Ashimoto


Still Doll Still Doll

A Story by Ashimoto