Their Last Hope

Their Last Hope

A Story by Sunny

 

“Life is more complicated than you may think. Not everything works out the fairy tale way, with a happy ever after. Life is more complicated and you have to understand that, as much as I want to sit here and tell you that life are a breeze and you will fly through without any tears, heartbreak, disappointment, fear. I can’t, it would be lying to you which you know I cannot do.”

“But that’s not fair. Why can’t my life be perfect with the fairy tale ending? It’s not fair Violet.”

“Nothing in life is fair Melanie. You just have to stay strong and live through all of it as best as you can because there’s no second chance at life. You’ll only get to live once, so live it to the best you can.” She ended with a smile dazing off into the depths of the forest, a smile that I would never forget. It was a thoughtful one. It was real, I could tell, not like the fake smiles she puts on in photographs. That’s what I loved about her smile at times like these.

I didn’t understand life then, I didn’t want life to be as difficult as Violet made it out to be. I refused to believe that. I wanted life to go the way I planned which in my head at that time was perfect. You could say I was a little daydreamer who had big unrealistic dreams that always involved others benefiting from it, not me.

At the age of ten I set myself a goal to help the homeless; I pushed my parents into allowing me to set up a meal for the homeless stall every Saturday morning and evening. I was enthusiastic at first, pasting posters all around the town. On every empty wall and on every park bench there was one of my posters sitting there randomly. The amount of people that turned up was astonishing, it was also heartbreaking for me as a ten year old to find out that there were that many homeless people in the same town I lived in. I was stunned but it just helped me serve all these people, I knew that I was most likely their only hope for survival at that moment and it urged me to keep on going.

 On the fifth week a lady reached over the table and kissed my forehead saying, “Thank you very much dear. You are truly an amazing girl, doing this takes a heart and my, oh my, don’t you have a big one. I’m sure that every single heart here is very, very grateful at what you have done. Know that we all love you, even if we’re complete strangers, we do.” She gave a warm genuine smile and walked away carefully. At the time I was thinking, wow. I often had gotten thank-you from every person who came to us but not often was it that I got such a nice compliment. I felt proud of myself and so did every other family member. “From the moment I saw her I knew that she would always think of others before herself. I knew she had a good heart,” one of my aunts had said.

On the other hand Violet was also similar to me. She would always help out with the cooking of the food whilst I helped hand it out and I made sure it ran as smoothly as possible when mum wasn’t around. Violet being a good three years older than me was unlike other teenagers. She had a love for her family more than any other, we would rarely ever get into fights and when we did it only lasted an hour because we knew that someday we would have to forgive each other and why put it off till later and miss out on the fun we could have together.

© 2012 Sunny


Author's Note

Sunny
What are you thinking? Anything unclear or anything you found lacking in this? I still need to write more that's why i want to know what people think of it so far.
Also suggestions for the title name would be helpful.
:) Comment please!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012

Author

Sunny
Sunny

Australia



About
Welll... I write in my spare time (or whenever i feel like it). Sunny isn't my real name but just a pen name. I LOVE music. Bands- One Direction!!, The Script, The Wanted, Selena Gomez and The.. more..

Writing
Random stories Random stories

A Book by Sunny


Escape Escape

A Book by Sunny