The Wrong Kind of Love?

The Wrong Kind of Love?

A Poem by Sandr

I’ve been told that my love is wrong, vile and evil. I’ve seen grown men cringe as my fingers lace with yours. I’ve felt the scrutinizing glares when I lean close to you with a smile. I’ve heard whispers of my sinfulness when my lips brush against yours.

                Why then? Why does it feel so right? Why does the very thought of your eyes, such a deep and powerful blue make me grin like an idiot. Why does the mention of your name make me miss you with such intensity when you’re gone?

                Won’t you tell me? Do you feel the same? I’ve seen the blush that paints your face when you hear the whispers. You turn your face down, blue eyes full of sorrow that I know I can’t mend. Sometimes I wonder if the pain I cause you is worth it. Sometimes the scars that line your wrists make me wonder if you’d be better off if I left you alone. Let you go back to that lie you used to live, that painful lie.

                Do you wish that you could go back in time? Back to when you had so many friends, even if they weren’t the best. Have I made you sad? Have I unknowingly placed a burden on your shoulders, much too heavy to carry?

                These are the questions I ask myself lately. These are the questions that stop me from leaning across the table and kissing you. You look relaxed. Is it because the other diners aren’t giving you strange looks? Is this the way for me to love you? Love you as a friend, never more, never less.

                I see you glance up, blue eyes meeting my own with concern. What is it? Why do you look so worried suddenly? You smile slightly, that beautiful, shy smile that makes me crazy. If it were for you I would love you as a friend, but we both know I love you so much more than that.

© 2013 Sandr


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poignant, deep and elegantly crafted piece of art...simply awesome

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very touching. Makes you feel almost like crying. But in a good way.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow all your questions just makes me wanna read on and infact read more lol
This is truly an amazing piece and should have a lot more views
Great job. Keep writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


damn girl I'm in a similar situation... this piece gave me chills and sparked deeply ignored emotions

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sandr

10 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm glad it spoke to you.
not only did the lesbians and gays bust their chains, in a secondary, unintended and surendipitous way, the same happened to us heteros. We too are less confined by medieval societal norms, and so can be who we damn well please. Thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


what a wonderful piece of work you have written. I wish the poem never end . i was having a feeling i am in the poem and the questions are for me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sandr

10 Years Ago

Thanks! I am really happy to hear that.
Ankur Sharma

10 Years Ago

your welcome Sandr
Sandr, this is a lovely piece of prose poetry. You have brought forth some lovely imagery, my favorite is "I’ve seen the blush that paints your face when you hear the whispers." Sounds like a case of forbidden love, for whatever reason. I can relate to that. I like the vagueness of this piece. I don't need to know anymore about the you than described. I think it lends to the mystery of what kind of forbidden love this is. Beautiful job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sandr

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 5, 2013
Last Updated on August 5, 2013
Tags: love, saddness, disapproval

Author

Sandr
Sandr

Writing
Death Death

A Poem by Sandr


Till Death Till Death

A Story by Sandr


When? When?

A Poem by Sandr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..