MY EDUCATION STORY

MY EDUCATION STORY

A Story by Sandra Nair
"

This is the story written by my friend and sister, Meshalini Muniandy from Malaysia on the importance of Education. Editing was made by a wonderful human being, Elmarie.

"

MY EDUCATION STORY


The Problems That Children without Education face

 

Education is the right of everyone. Every human being deserves quality education yet in many places, children still do not have access to schooling. Bihar is such a place. Bihar is a state in East India, where people do not receive quality schooling and lead a very poor life.  There are many countries facing the same issues such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, Egypt, Nepal, and Haiti. You will find very few places providing quality education for children in these countries and sad to say especially girls.

 

Although the governments, NGOs and several non-profit organizations are trying to make sure every child gets quality leaning, there are still more than 60 million children out of school.  These children are predominantly female and it has become a major issue worldwide, causing an increase in child marriage and child labour.  

 

Parents are now forcing their daughters to be "a child bride" and marry men far too old. The lack of education is obviously an enormous disadvantage and they end up in these unbearable situations. Studies found that every year 15 million girls are married at a far too tender young age. That is 28 girls every 1 minute or 1 every 2 seconds. According to the International Labour Organization there are 168 million children employed in very strenuous and difficult jobs worldwide. There are some people taking action to combat these problems.  Yet we need more pioneers  to change the fate of these young kids.

 

 

Meet activist Rekha Kalindi, the Malala of India who was born in Purilia, Bengal. She stood up against child marriage at the age of 11 and fought for her right to study. Education activists such as Malala Yousafzai, Muzoon Almellehan, Kailash Satyarthi, Sarah Brown, Ann Cotton and many more were also trying to decrease the rates of child labor, child marriage, child abuse and terrorism by educating the next generation of children around the world.

 

 

Although terrorist attacks have been decreasing in the past 15 years they still happen and they affect the countries education systems.  Take Pakistan for example.  The education system in Pakistan is rotten to the core. The militants targeted schools and students as well as several educational institutions. The battle between the Army and the Taliban caused the destruction of 356 schools in Pakistan This is not an isolated situation and it happens in many other countries.  

 

In India, more than 300 schools where blown up by Maoist rebels between 2006 and 2009. Parents feel their children are in danger and feel that it is a better decision to get the child married to protect them and support their families.  But think about it, these children could have had brilliant futures yet all this has had a dire effect on their destinies.  

 

-

Meshalini Muniandy

(Edited by : Elmarie)

© 2016 Sandra Nair


Author's Note

Sandra Nair
Your opinion matters. You can join our unity mission at www.fb.com/joininunity .

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
In this point, I like to share that even in West Bengal , same problem exists..But our minister,Mamata Banerjee has taken a mission ,called"Kannya shree Prakalpa", where girls are forced to the study and not to push them for marriage..Here ,they are given some stipend and many poor ,backward children get a chance to built their future..
Even some months ago I had listened that in Uttar Pradesh , government try to start a plan, where children belongs to parents who work under Higher post in Governmental sector,have to be admitted in a government school so that the condition of those school get a development.
you share a very true story and many thanks for it dear...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sandra Nair

7 Years Ago

That's really great, Mou Didi. Hats off to Mamta Banarjee. Many missions are prevalent, even at nati.. read more
Whey2000

4 Years Ago

As soon as I said goodbye to school life, there came freedom of action and with it the hell of stude.. read more
Hi Sandra
I am so deeply saddened by this story and this news is not new to me. I am a woman too and have three little girls. I dread to think that they would face any of the details you described in your story. Yet my compassion lies with all girls and women around the world. We have such deep seated problems and our powerful war hungry overlords do not improve the welfare of the masses. I have traveled through India and spent a year there walking my way trough the Himalaya and traveling down into the south. I tried to stay off the beaten track and to see as much of the real India as I could. I also went through major cities and saw the poverty you speak off. The caste system does not help some of these little children either. Please understand I am not judging the Hindu faith I just know that a child born as an untouchable does not have a future to dream off. I was also born in South Africa and have seen severe poverty there. I now live in Australia. In terms of your story it is a wonderfully informative account of situations that children face in India, Pakistan and elsewhere. I will message you about editorial suggestions you could possibly do to make your story easier to read. All in all I thank you for telling this story. Blessings :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sandra Nair

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much, madam. It means a lot to us. For your awareness, this story was written by my fri.. read more
Elmarie

7 Years Ago

I would love to go to Kerala again I was there a long time ago. I remeber the lovely people, food a.. read more
Sandra Nair

7 Years Ago

Thank you, madam. I wish you visit Kerala soon and my home too.
Education is the rights of everyone. Education must provide to every children. No one have the right to stop a child from getting education because education is the key to success in our life and the only thing that can protect us from danger. We must use our weapon of knowledge to fight against terrorism,child marriage,child labour and child abuse,not with guns or drones.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hello my dear lovely sister,Sandra. First I want to say thank you for all the supports and love that you given to me. You are such a wonderful person that I ever meet in my live. I'm proud to be your sister and friend and I learn something from this,our friendship is priceless and I hope our relationship will be continue forever. Thank you ones again dear.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sandra Nair

7 Years Ago

Hehehe! Happy to see you here, on Writers' Cafe. Let your mesmerizing skill fly high here as well. I.. read more
He! This is so nice. Keep going, akka.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Meshalini

7 Years Ago

Hey Ardra,thank you so much,sister.
Ardra Nair

7 Years Ago

u r always welcome akka!!! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 3, 2016
Last Updated on May 3, 2016

Author

Sandra Nair
Sandra Nair

Kerala, India



About
"Oh,Sandra! Is there such a child in the class? This was the reaction of any of my classmates,if you happened to ask them about me. And now they know me, but that's the end. They know me,but not mo.. more..

Writing
A LIE A LIE

A Poem by Sandra Nair