The doll's dance

The doll's dance

A Chapter by Sangria Green

The Doll’s Dance

 

 

The doll strode into the ball to meet with Silence for the Master always wished her well and this reassurance would surely bring her forgiveness for being there.

The Widow let her be and nodded in acquaintance.

Silence was a wicked man with a wicked wit and a wicked tongue. He would not leave well enough alone; in which case many left him be. He was forever surrounded by his pretty, petty jesters and was never known to have had reason for tears.

He was stringy and swaggering and drunk on laughter.

When he saw the doll before him his grin waned and crumbled into a smile, with a wave of his hand they were alone.

The doll turned back and curtsied as they left then sat down in a now empty stool on the man's left side, Silence smiling at her all the while.

You are not to be here tonight....

I wished to come....

For those who dare not speak to you?

I wanted to be here....

Silence was worried as the Doll risked much freedom to come without an invitation.

All will be well, Silence...how are you?

Well, my murky humor has lifted...

And with that the doll and man began their dance....

When it was over the Man and Doll were laughing gently and they went their separate ways.

The young man Silence gently rapping with his jesters of today.

The Doll swayed gently toward her friends, ready to play.

The people ready to ignore the court rules for the day.

She had her invitation.



© 2008 Sangria Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on February 6, 2008


Author

Sangria Green
Sangria Green

columbia, SC



About
I love to write, and i want to become an author and an animator. more..

Writing