And when they met

And when they met

A Story by Sangria Green

And when they met

 

We are living in a cursed world;

 

The boy looks to his father. The blood runs slowly down the man’s slack face. He turns to the girl whose grinning face causes him to laugh with joy even as he’s thinking “How’d I get involved?” He’d never called this man father; He’d never talked to this girl before.

 

Fighting until no man stands.

 

She holds out her hand to him and says, “This stops all our pain. We can walk together now without that crazy man. He was no father of mine.”  He doesn’t take her hand but smiles all the same. Even though it hurt he agreed but… do we have to walk together?

 

All of us relying on pain to stay alive

 

The girl was so happy that before she died she would be free to walk with him. Her old companion once again. Maybe it wasn’t like the days of old when they had hid their secret but now he could understand what it was like to be human. Now he’d know what it was like to cry. She’d teach him what it was to cry and he would no longer be the hollow shell she watched just yesterday. Now the wolf would once again hunt and he’d understand why humans were too hard to pray upon without emotion and knowledge of things he did not understand...yet. She knew that all too well.

 

To continue fighting against all odds;

 

They would have to run now. No one would understand. They had to do it because it meant their freedom to run. And if they met their doom then at least... at least they did it. At least they met before the end. This might have been their only chance. The last day to end their charades.

 

Its Madness we live even if we are doomed to suffer through eternity.

 

  They walked to a corner store. There was a clerk therewith the name of Weller Arnolds. He took one look at them and said, “Where are we riding to?”The girl shook her head and told him it was too long a ride. They only wanted to tell him so he would know of their crime. The clerk took a breath and held them at gun point. They were taking him to their hide out. They were taking him along and then they would figure out where the journey would end together. They weren’t doing this alone. They get in his car and drive.

 

We fight never backing down until the other falls

 

They drove all day and night till they reach the beginning of the world. A place of which legends were told once.  The Gossip’s Archer they called it.

 

Back when we were ruled by Queens. No one ever wondered why we never ruled with Kings. After all the first one to rule on his own nearly destroyed this world.

 

so that we ourselves can fully understand;

 

Were they really smart the boy wondered to have made a new government afterwards? When the death of the true queen saved so many lives and killed so many others. Why didn’t she back down if no one believed in her? Why not? The boy wondered this even as the radio blasted and the girl screamed out her favorite song. The boy wondered this even as the cop cars followed and they all raced at a neck breaking pace. They all wonder at the race.

 

We are living in a cursed time.

 

They made it to the beginning and they made it to the end. They escaped as fugitives baring the marks their captors gave them but now they all better. They live to the end together now in that old boarding house that everyone says is haunted. And if they never come out then maybe they knew the truth. And if they never come maybe they’re dead. And if they never come out maybe they’re happy. After all they’re done passing by the chance. They’re gone now running high. They’re living a secret romance.

 

Waiting for the war to end.

 

© 2008 Sangria Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on February 8, 2008

Author

Sangria Green
Sangria Green

columbia, SC



About
I love to write, and i want to become an author and an animator. more..

Writing