Values & Aspirations Of Pakistanis

Values & Aspirations Of Pakistanis

A Story by InsomniacWriter
"

Didn't have the option to classify this as an essay, oh well.

"

 

Pakistanis and their country have been in the limelight for quite lately, apparently, not for the most pleasant reasons. They have been portrayed as terrorists, gold diggers and third-class people. Everyday, a headline on the news complains about Pakistan’s ever-so-popular human trafficking or how the country is suffering a rolling blackout. These things put the people of Pakistan down a ‘new low’. Placing these matters onto one side, behind the entire thick layer of pure hatred, can it be peeled away, showing what are the true values and aims do Pakistanis have?


The rich culture is what highlights them: their weddings, clothes, food and festivals. Unlike other countries, their culture is slowly ebbing into the western culture however; the hard Pakistanis are maintaining their well-known culture. Their culture is filled with vivid colours and tears of joy. The weddings last for days; each day is celebrated for its own reason. Mostly, the food is known for its jerks of pure spiciness. Fireworks of flavours explode if tasted.  Mangoes of Pakistan are simply premium. The mango exporters have made deals with countries like Great Britain, America and New Zealand. ‘Basant’ is celebrated in mostly the Punjabi area when the harvest season is arriving. Numerous activities are done on that day and there’s more…

Children and teenagers raise their hopes and dreams about excelling in their class or getting a scholarship to a highly ranked foreign university. Nearly every single person’s goal has something to do with education. The natives of Pakistan have strong love for their country: singing their national anthem with pride and boldness. If anyone makes an insult Pakistan even by the mildest insult, they would be ready to attack with pitchforks. Unfortunately, their obsessive love about their homeland would not ‘magically’ improve their country’s conditions. They need to pull themselves together and start putting things into action. 


Endless praying of the Pakistanis, asking for a leader who can make Pakistan shine. They want the world to see their country become the best example of a peaceful and loving country. Dreams like people would ditch the typical European countries and go to Pakistan. Dreams like Pakistan could be the only country that everyone could depend on, naming it the ‘least corrupted country’ in the world.  Or dreams that Pakistan makes treaties and true friendships with enemies like Israel and India. Maybe someday, these ideas might come true…or not.


 In conclusion, I apologise greatly that I have criticised my own motherland nevertheless, I am not one of the people who are ‘hiding in the dark’ and ‘suffering in silence’. Instead, I am not afraid to speak from my heart even it is thought as the most repulsive thing. I admit that I am a person who secretly begs for harmony yet I am not the only one, right? Pakistan is a diamond in the rough and will soon be taken out, shimmering even brighter than the stars. 

© 2013 InsomniacWriter


Author's Note

InsomniacWriter
I wrote this for my school's entry test where I finally seized the opportunity to put hatred onto paper yet I buttered my words a little.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on September 13, 2013
Last Updated on September 17, 2013
Tags: values, and, aspirations, of, pakistanis, patriot, patriotism, hatred, obsessive, hope, essay

Author

InsomniacWriter
InsomniacWriter

Manchester, Lancashire , United Kingdom



About
·Let my writing do the talking· more..

Writing