My Inner Monster

My Inner Monster

A Story by Saoirse
"

This is a reaction when unkind words are thrown at you, which tears you apart and yet inside, deep down, you have the will to fight back and crush this being down.

"

a lone entity sits quietly in the dark, illuminated only by a small light where thoughts of emptiness, fear, cloud its thoughts.

Hold steadfast the gates of hell where voices plead for mercy and daylight is shut out forever never to be seen again.

The heart is weak, yet the will is strong to beat this monster down into its pit and escape the brimstone that willed its soul to live, live in the fires of its dungeons.

Oh cursed beast, whose only purpose is to drown the life of souls who dream of peace, who wish to spend days swimming in the warmth of loved ones great and small.

You mock them till they are but a small fragile shell of what once was, who held its head up high and for what...your glory?
Your self righteous worth that if one should deem it so would laugh at its folly...you are weak.

And it is with this I leave you to ponder. I will rise above you and leave you in the dark to live your life out...alone and unwanted.

©2008 Sue Midlock. All RightsReserved.

© 2009 Saoirse


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

If you've read my "response to the walls of dead breath" poem you'll notice that I agree with everything you've written here, only mine isn't expressed as well as this. Another excellent work from a multi-talented artist!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I could read your writing all day. I love it and it speaks to the yesteryears of my soul. I agree that we have a simular writing pattern, at least the little dark parts of us ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 10, 2009

Author

Saoirse
Saoirse

About
I am a new author, with several short stories, poems and art published. I am also an illustrator who just finished illustrating a childrens book for an author. more..

Writing
Bittersweet Bittersweet

A Poem by Saoirse