"Forever" preface

"Forever" preface

A Story by Saoirse
"

Katherine doesn't know who committed the murder of her parents, but finds out quickly that her life will change, maybe...forever.

"

 

Morning dew rolled off the white picket fence in my yard.  Like ghosts on Halloween they float.
 
I stood by my window, searching for a movement anything that would tell me he was there.
 
Just as I was about to give up something caught my eye; a shimmer, at the edge of the forest.
 
I quickly pulled on my woolen sweater and dashed out the door. I focused on the spot.  It still was there.
 
As I neared, the shimmer took on a familiar form.  He had come, still as breath taking as ever, black hair, crystal blue eyes.  Those eyes...they were like glass, clear and seductive.  His skin was white as snow and smooth.  I wanted to feel his icy hands on me once more.
 
His black silk shirt fit snug against his muscular chest and his pants revealed well-formed legs.
 
We didn't speak, there was no need.  Instinctively, we knew why we were there, the need was so strong.
 
I stood frozen, unmovable as he came closer.  His icy breath touched my cheek as he leaned in to smell me.  I closed my eyes.
 
A low growl came from his throat, but the tone wasn't of anger, more of lust.
 
Cold lips touched my cheek. Shivers crept through my body.  Slowly and very lightly, he made his icy trail towards my neck.
 
My heart thumped loudly, I couldn't breathe.  The urge to kiss him was so strong, but I held back.  This was his moment.
 
He stopped right at the spot.  Still not moving, not touching, his lips were the only thing that worked their magic.
 
Deepening their touch, his lips caressed the valley of my neck.  His growling increased, as his urges grew more intense. 
 
He brought his lips to my ear and whispered, "You will be mine..."  Then he disappeared.
 
I dropped to the ground in a dizzy stupor.  Breathless, I spoke, "Vampire or not,  you will be mine too!"
 
 

© 2009 Saoirse


Author's Note

Saoirse
This is the preface for my novel. "Forever"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on July 12, 2009
Last Updated on July 13, 2009

Author

Saoirse
Saoirse

About
I am a new author, with several short stories, poems and art published. I am also an illustrator who just finished illustrating a childrens book for an author. more..

Writing
Bittersweet Bittersweet

A Poem by Saoirse