1. Just Give Me A Reason

1. Just Give Me A Reason

A Chapter by LuciaMarie

1.      Just Give Me A Reason

*Bekah*

October 3rd, 9:32 P.M.


Tears; a saline solution produced by the body as a result of emotion, especially grief or regret.


            Tears. Cold, wet, salty tears fall ever so softly down my hot waxy red cheeks.


            Hope; the only thing that can be the difference between calling it quits and slitting your throat, and talking out all of your problems to the one you trust most.


            Such a dilemma. I don’t have a bloody shred of hope to my name, and I unfortunately don’t have one of those luxurious knives to end my sorry a*s life either.


            That’s why I’m here.


            Standing bent over the side of the Brooklyn Bridge, with my fingers curled so tight around the railing that my knuckles have turned ungodly shade of white.


            Why did I trust him? I ask myself through the steady stream of tears falling down my face.  


            Thunder cracks loudly through the sky somewhere off to my right, and the sound sends unbearable shivers down my spine.


            Everything that you do is wrong! The arrogant little voice in my head shouts. That voice rings loudly through my ears, but I can’t help but think that this voice is telling me nothing but the truth. It hurts.


            I stand here motionless with the tears falling silently down my blazing face. Cars zip past me, but none of them dare to stop. They all know what I am; the next pathetic suicidal girl ready to take a swan dive off the Brooklyn Bridge on a cold and rainy night.


My heart beats fast, and all I can think of are all of my past mistakes. They’re the reason that I shouldn't be here, no one would miss me anyway.


Thunder cracks again, and the rain begins its assault on the already damp earth. The seconds pass and I just stand here, too numb to feel anything but anything but treacherous regret. I sigh and drop down my eyelids over my baby blue eyes for a brief moment.


“This is it,” I mutter lowly to myself as I stand up straight and release my tight grip on the bridge rail.


My racing heartbeat slows to a steady thumb, and I can just tell I'm ready.  Or maybe it's just some insane reaction my body is having to the extreme amount of adrenaline that is pumping through my veins. Maybe I’m just too exhausted.


I release a shaky breath, and raise my foot. I plant my raised foot onto the metal guard rail, but suddenly I stop. No, something stopped me; something I couldn't even begin to fathom. The screeching sound of wet break pads break through the pelting rain only seconds later.


“Stop!” I hear a male voice yell from behind.


I don’t even make a move to flinch as I hear the loud slamming of a car door, and the beeping car horns of other unruly motorists. So, with a mix of tears and rain running down my face, I wait for something to happen. I’m too cold, too wet, and too numb to do anything else.


Seconds pass, too quickly, and the numbing feeling is only getting worse. I can barely feel a pair of arms reaching around my waist as they pull me from my eerily comfortable place at the railing.


“Are you ok?” The man asks me softly.


His voice is smooth, like a fine chardonnay, and somehow I can even smell him through the thick scent of rain. He smells comforting; not like a parent or a friend, but like a long time lover that you cherish deeply. It’s so weird.


I don’t make a move to answer the man’s question though, and I think he can sense it as he stares into the back of my head. In one swift motion he grabs me, and spins me around to face him. His face comes into my field of vision in an instant, and the first thing that I notice is his eyes. His beautiful brown eyes, they seem to be staring right through me.


“Come with me,” this man says as he grips my left hand, and drags me through the street. I don’t fight him at all; my body is way too numb for any resistance on my part.


My eyes are too blurred to tell where he’s leading me, but soon the sound of a car door opening cuts the air. All of a sudden I’m not freezing cold anymore.


“You’re freezing,” I hear him mutter as he pushes himself against me. I just stare off into space.


I’m assuming we’re in the backseat of a car, but even with that said it feels so different from any car I’d ever been in. It feels more expensive, it even smells like it.


I hear the door slam, and that sound was almost like flipping off a light switch for my body. As soon as my mind fully registers the sound my eyelids start to feel heavy. I easily drift off into a state of unconsciousness, aware yet unaware of everything around me.

            

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 LuciaMarie


Author's Note

LuciaMarie
Ok, i'd love it if you guys could give me some honest feedback on this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G!o
Totally this is a beautiful writing. Okay i am not sure if i have seen any flaws in this story but you dragged me right into it. You have captured this scene superbly and its tone captures the attention of the reader thus it was like i was feeling her pain...like she was in my brain. I adore how you capture description. To me this is a 100/100 writing and i honestly love it...hope it has more parts coming up sooner. Definitely shelving this...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LuciaMarie

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much :) this is a really personal piece so it means a lot to hear that
G!o

11 Years Ago

It's always a pleasure to read something this beautiful...



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G!o
Totally this is a beautiful writing. Okay i am not sure if i have seen any flaws in this story but you dragged me right into it. You have captured this scene superbly and its tone captures the attention of the reader thus it was like i was feeling her pain...like she was in my brain. I adore how you capture description. To me this is a 100/100 writing and i honestly love it...hope it has more parts coming up sooner. Definitely shelving this...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LuciaMarie

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much :) this is a really personal piece so it means a lot to hear that
G!o

11 Years Ago

It's always a pleasure to read something this beautiful...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 10, 2012
Last Updated on November 10, 2012
Tags: law, love, hate, suicide, rain, storm, nyc, new york, romance


Author

LuciaMarie
LuciaMarie

Mechanicsville, MD



About
I'm a 14 girl who loves to write. I'm a music lover too. more..

Writing