The morning after

The morning after

A Chapter by Sarah W. French
"

...

"
My mother called me to breakfast and I smiled as I made my way to the kitchen. For years I haven't smiled in her presents so when she turns around and sees me she nearly drops her glass of orange juice. She shakes her head looking so regretful about the news she has to tell me.
"Mara I'm so sorry to tell you this but. A girl you go to school with...the singer who played Belle. You know the one with the long blond hair."
I let her stumble for a few moments and finally provide the right name, "Alana."
She stops and looks at me, "Yes, Alana, that sounds right."
I try to hold back my smile, "What about her mom?"
"Her parents got home a bit late last night and...and they found her dead." She pauses waiting for me to say something. When I don't she continues. "She was all cut up. It definitely wasn't a suicide. So that only means someone broke into there home with the intent to kill her. It's such a shame, such a sweet girl. She had such a bright future ahead of her..."
I get up as she says that. I quickly grab my backpack and make it to the door. All I hear is her yelling at me to come back, to talk about what happened. My answer is slamming the door closed on my way out.
I mumble under my breath, "She deserved what she got."


© 2012 Sarah W. French


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

151 Views
Added on December 16, 2012
Last Updated on December 16, 2012


Author

Sarah W. French
Sarah W. French

PA



About
I won't be publishing all my poems on here but I am putting them on my tumblr. Please check them out. I'm a 16 year old girl who mostly writes poems. I have been verbally bullied and use poetry t.. more..

Writing