Let Me Fall

Let Me Fall

A Poem by Sarah Giancola

 Like a w***e I feel used and thrown Like forced to live this lie alone Abused, misused Left to fend Told me you'd love me until the end.  This hollow life's all I've ever known These rotten images, all I've seen All I've heard The dirty words you spoke to me That bitter sign of memory That I reminded you of her So you'd drink And selfishly hit my head around. Told me you loved me.  Thank you for the scars you left Those bruises all along my neck From being held up on a wall Told me you loved me. But that was all. And daddy How I loved you, because I was afraid.  Years go by I felt free at last. Fell into the arms of one I loved Said he loved me back. We promised we'd never let go You loved me. You said so. You let me go Let me fall.  I hit the ground again. This time running; I tripped. I couldn't get back up. I've no more trust.  You let me fall Let me fall. After all that was said, you let me fall.  Wish I were brave enough to see...to make you feel how much it hurts to be let down. I wish I could tell you, show you how much I can't 'cope' with this. I wish you could know how much I've fallen; like a w***e. I'm used and misused and abused time and time again. And your promise lingers in the air, haunts my every nights dreams. Your promise. To never let me go. You let me fall.  Let me fall.  Let me fall.

© 2008 Sarah Giancola


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on December 28, 2008

Author

Sarah Giancola
Sarah Giancola

Montreal, Canada



Writing
Diary Diary

A Poem by Sarah Giancola


Daddy Daddy

A Poem by Sarah Giancola