Tomorrow morning

Tomorrow morning

A Poem by sasha



Tomorrow morning you’ll enjoy the quiet 

The sun will rise and gently shine on you 

The leaves will shade into orange and violet 

The grass will wait for you to collect the dew 


Tomorrow morning you will find a bowl 

Just on the front porch outside your door 

A little part of someone's loving soul 

The small dish full of rose petals nothing more

© 2013 sasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very beautiful, gentle, warm.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Not bad. I think the simplicity of this works for you, but be careful not to overdo it. Your rhyme scheme is maybe a little too simple for the overall piece, I think - maybe go for something more complex to contrast with the content.

Posted 10 Years Ago


elegant words of love expressed here.
"the grass will wait for you to collect the dew"...

nature loves you, i love you...

and the small dish of rose petals is all i have to give you...but it they are real and they represent my love.

beautiful love poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


there's a St. Vincent Millay poem that ends

and you'll look for me
and i'll be gone . . .

I'm glad this was shared with me

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice piece sasha,
It sends beauty in the first stanza quite clearly then flips around to the conveyance of potential loss or hidden love as from a far in it's second. This is short sure, but you grasp an emotion and mental imagery in two stanzas that I would require a minimum of six. So in this I say is both striking and heart gripping.

I can't pick a favorite line as this is not lengthy and the whole of this work is direct and yet mysterious. But I will say this is quite the little piece of art. I question some lines as to their meaning but not in a confused way, more in curiosity, But this is not important unless you're a talker like me. Last thing I felt a little jerked around in the jump from stanza one to two, it felt a little abrupt for the beauty of the piece in the first stanza. May be this is intentional. It is not bad just a little off putting. I love this writing.

Thanks for the read request yet again TLK, Tag I guess I'm it. And Thank you Sasha for your piece of art.
Sincerely
Christopher
100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


such a simple, beautiful basic poem that gives me a lot of happiness. Some nice words to meditate on I think

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is so beautiful. It's simplicity is almost Hemingway-esqe. It leaves me in a state of bittersweet adoration. Brilliant.

Posted 10 Years Ago


mystically beautiful write. Well done

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like it! It has a sort of fortune teller flavor to it. There's a nice shading of words that set the context, the shade of background (paper) for this... water color or pastel impressionist piece. It has a smiling gesture that arranges friendly objects within the mind's eye. Those last two lines send the reader away with both a sense of mystery (who left this bowl full of rose petals on my porch?) and the scent of a warm, rosy embrace; a hug of friendship that seems to say, "I'm here. I see you. You're not alone."

Only one teeny-tiny grammar blip... "The grass will wait for you {to} collect the dew "

Thanks for sharing, Sasha! :)


Posted 10 Years Ago


A beautifully penned poem...full of loving tenderness....I especially liked the final line..."The small dish full of rose petals nothing more"....
Thanks for sharing this write...:)
BB

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 12, 2013
Last Updated on May 13, 2013

Author

sasha
sasha

Munich, city centre, Germany



About
Hi, thank you for stopping by. Have a nice day. S. more..

Writing
Dream Dream

A Poem by sasha


Shame Shame

A Poem by sasha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..