Reflective story of my own life

Reflective story of my own life

A Story by Sasha-lee
"

Many can relate on a number of levels. wrote on impact of emotion

"
The rudimentary feeling of being stuck in a realm of perpetual confusion thickens the core of anger. I find it more and more difficult to find that place in my mind of heavy mist in the air and frosty leaves that scratch the squeaky windows. The place that leads you to scurrying away, into the warmth and comfort of a fleece blanket. Under layers of clothes as the wind hypnotizes your mind, taking you far away. It’s beginning to become very difficult to find that content feeling of imagination lately as the flames of reality burn into my soul. Fighting the worldly powers and relishing in the joys of growing spiritually, I find myself hiding my face from everything else. My mind continuously wandering into dark corners from over analyzing events and people participating in the daily social communication of my life. Do I really need them? The answer shall and always remain a vivid and resolute “NO”… I have made my resilience to acceptance abundantly clear on all levels but who actually cares whether or not I support mixed relationships or not when my relationship with Christ should be the one to magnify me. Once a rivulet, now a heavy flowing stream, my thoughts overtake my emotions sending me spiraling into a cluster of sentiments constructing what’s left of me. I sit here questioning the essence of my existence and struggling to displace my various bodily feelings I come to a conclusion that my strength and faith will remain in the place it started in. why forsake everything that I believed in the minute things don’t go according to plan? Who is to blame for my own transgressions? No one but myself. So why do I sit here, screaming “Oh Lord why have you forsaken me!?” Life itself becomes an emblem of your combat, but whether you choose to fulfill it with positive actions or not is entirely up to you. “There is power in the tongue” means nothing less than what it states. What escapes the cavities of the lower region on your face becomes very powerful with the amount of thought and emotion attached to it.  Just because you cannot visibly see it does not mean that it is not there. 

© 2013 Sasha-lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on July 28, 2013
Last Updated on July 28, 2013

Author

Sasha-lee
Sasha-lee

Johannesburg, South Africa



Writing
words words

A Poem by Sasha-lee