Life Goes On

Life Goes On

A Story by Savannah Giovanna

What hurts the most in life are the little things. Like walking past the love of your life, now as a stranger. Like knowing those moments and memories, those thoughts and feelings you shared, are forgotten. Gone. Never happened. Nonexistent. Vanished. No matter how many times she replays those moments, relives the days she was with him, she cannot revive their now dead relationship.

They had something special. She still remembers the day she set eyes on him. They were young and naive, but their connection was almost immediate. It was an unspoken and special connection that one only hopes to find during their time here. She knew he felt it too. From that day forward, she found herself falling more in love every second of every hour of every day. He drew her closer with every breath. With every conversation. With every glance.
If she could go back, she would. She would do anything for a second chance with him. And if she got that chance, she would do everything within her power to love him more, appreciate him more, and adore him more. She would feel thankful to have him by her side. She would laugh at his jokes and kiss him. She would memorize his laugh, his hands, his smile, and his eyes. Those haunting eyes. The ones she sees in her dreams. The ones that crinkle when he laughs. The same eyes that caused her pain but also made her fall crazy in love.  She would never stop looking into his eyes.

She just wants him to talk to her again. She wants so badly to go back to the way they used to be: Friends. Acquaintance. Comrades. She wants nothing more than for him to simply be in her life. She does not need him to be anything more than that. She knows it would be almost impossible to be friends again after everything they have gone through. But it would be a million times better than him missing from her life completely. She misses him so damn much, but no one would ever guess it by looking at her. Because she hides behind her smile the never-ending pain of regret. And now all there is to do is wait. So she does; she waits for a second chance.

But the day that her second chance comes, it is too late. She realizes that no second chance could change how he feels about her. So that second chance comes and goes like a whisper in the wind. And she allows herself to forgive and forget, and live her life while letting go of him.

And even though it hurts, life goes on.

© 2016 Savannah Giovanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was so lovely..how it always hit's the nostalgia for a past gone bye,for a seconds gone bye..if we are to live that little time once more..
I would do anything just to keep her by my side..just to make sure she is near,to be in her presence.God how strong her presence always was..
I really loved this,so poetic,tells us how foolish we could be ..time always let's us by..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Savannah Giovanna

6 Years Ago

Thank you!



Reviews

wow im gobsmacked this has so many moments of my life in it,
i love how you write with such passion and love and down to earth feelings
thank you so much for entering this wonderous piece of work into my poetry comp goodluck

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Savannah Giovanna

5 Years Ago

So glad you connected with my work. Thank you! :)
Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

5 Years Ago

you are most very welcome
It's lovely and true at the same time. Good job!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Savannah Giovanna

5 Years Ago

Thank you!!
This was so lovely..how it always hit's the nostalgia for a past gone bye,for a seconds gone bye..if we are to live that little time once more..
I would do anything just to keep her by my side..just to make sure she is near,to be in her presence.God how strong her presence always was..
I really loved this,so poetic,tells us how foolish we could be ..time always let's us by..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Savannah Giovanna

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
favorite line: no second chance could change ... comes and goes like a whisper. drew her closer with ... with ... with ...

Think about the shift from second person to third person.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Savannah Giovanna

7 Years Ago

Glad you enjoyed! Do you think the shift from 1st to 3rd person is smooth enough?
C. Rose

7 Years Ago

It's mostly in third, except for "like walking past the one you love" which is second. My writing pr.. read more
Savannah Giovanna

7 Years Ago

Oh I see. I will be more aware of that in the future. Thanks for the tip!!
Wow!!! You have silently described how a girl fell in love madly with him and then loses him for some complications of life and the pain of missing him causes her life to be meaningless... Aren't we all look for a second chance in life and in love to be with the person we once held dear to our heart? The ending of it left me feel inspired... Life is about moving on my frnd... Beautifully done...

Note: in the 3rd para, there are two 'his' before laugh... Well crafted work...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 7 Years Ago


Savannah Giovanna

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! I worked hard on this ... also, thanks for the note. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2016
Last Updated on August 5, 2016
Tags: short story, life, love, forgive, forget, lost love, hurt, pain, forgiveness, second chance, love story, romance

Author

Savannah Giovanna
Savannah Giovanna

About
Hello! Thank you for checking out my page. Please read some of my work, I am a new writer and open to suggestions. :) more..

Writing