Embracing

Embracing

A Poem by Sawanna

Only your demons love you.

Day turned into night the moment she opened her eyes and could see out the window. At first glance was the sun shining down and at another clouds moved tinting her view. Shifting under the sheets for a warm spot that will bring with it a sense of calmness and sleep. Eyes close and mind filled with creatures of the past, who lead her to a land of false memories and new friends.

If she only know that:

Being wet and hot, from the collar bone to her ear, she was also inviting to a being just outside her view. Suddenly the pain breaks the skin and silent violence begins. Mouth dries up and eyes feel strange. Her body locks up while at the same moment it feels as if cold air is pouring out of her skin. As her mind goes blank and then begins a downpour of word, images and thoughts that sound like nothing, but could mean everything, come forward without a pause.

© 2009 Sawanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on August 15, 2009

Author

Sawanna
Sawanna

Terre Haute, IN



About
Well, I am lazy and slow to respond to emails, messages and phone calls. I love music, poetry, and the band Into The Silence (RIP). I love the dance crew known as the Beat Freaks, they are the best. .. more..

Writing
Foxglove Foxglove

A Poem by Sawanna