Shattered Perceptions

Shattered Perceptions

A Story by Kloverfield
"

When inter dimensional travelers&best friends,Klover&Ferrett,have a sudden falling out,Klover can't handle it.Looking for solace,she realizes there may not be anywhere to escape from the friendship.

"

Klover marched through the Multiversity Campus.  What had once been an absolutely glorious inter dimensional campus was now crumbling beyond recognition.  She glanced up at the dorm building, where her and Ferrett's room had been too far up to see from the ground.  She stonily turned her face back to the ground and realized that she was walking on the lawn where she had fantasized purple haired Lukas Reginald Macadamian, her Ferrett's creation for her, would bump into her.  She only sped up her march.  


She came to the Junction, which was faring no better than the rest of the campus.  She entered the grime ridden building and only glanced at the image of Flo the receptionist whose image was like a faded dusty photograph left out in the sun.  She continued her march to the Shindler machine.  She did not care where she went now.  She only had to run away from the pain.  Her Ferrett had cut it off.  She knew it was a matter of time until their friendship would splinter and shatter completely, but she had thought that it would have been herself to cut it away.  She saw now that she would have never cut her away.  She was always her best friend, and she had not wanted that to change, ever.  Now it had.


She forced herself to march through the deteriorating machine, dooming herself to the fate that it led her to.  Shindler machines had always been temperamental towards her and Ferrett.  They didn't know why, but their adventures were always more interesting, if not more dangerous from the interference of Shindler's Lifts, among other machines.  


Klover took, one, two, three steps from the inter dimensional portal and stopped.  She was standing at the door of her band room, which she hadn't seen since the last day of school when she had collected her saxophone.  It was a point paused in time.  It was one of those days when their more than legendarily epic, more than epically legendary band teacher had skipped school and left them alone in the band room.  Those days often resulted in hide and seek in the dark or a game of freeze frame, the latter which Klover had walked into right then.


Tears fled her eyes then.  She turned tail and stormed out the way she had come into the band hallway.  Momentarily, the door behind her opened again, but Klover did not turn to see who it was.


"Hey, what's wrong?" a boy called behind her.


Klover turned to find a dear friend coming after her.  She shook her head at him but did not stop walking.  "Robert, it doesn't matter.  Just go back in."  


Klover continued her escape, out the door, down the street, and into the city library.  She fell against the first private corner she reached.


She had found a dimension where she and Ferrett had been fine.  Nothing had happened between them.  She was there, in the height of their friendship, and she could not stand to see what she had lost.  


Within moments of her finding salvation, she heard the low murmurs of two girls a familiar giggle of one, her own quiet laugh.  Klover promptly stood and fled.  She could not face them.  Not only would it rip Klover apart, but it was strictly against the rules of the Multiverse.  She went to the stairs to go down, knowing she and Ferrett normally took the elevator, an Otis elevator, not a Shindler, and as soon as Klover turned the safety barrier, she found herself face to face with her shattered friendship.


The two teenage girls stood frozen and in shock.  


Klover wiped her tears away angrily.  "I loved you,"Klover hissed to the younger Ferrett.  "I loved you," she repeated hoarsely, turning on her heel and dashing to the other stairs to find somewhere she could get away from all of the memories.


"What did you do?"Klover heard herself squeak behind her to Ferrett.  


"Klover, I think the more important question is why you were just in front of us when you were right beside me?" Ferrett replied.


Klover's heart shattered as she stumbled down the stairs, not even jumping the last one as she always did.  It didn't matter to her any more. Nothing mattered.  There was no where she could run.  Ferrett had changed her completely and had affected everything in her life.  She could not escape her Ferrett.

© 2011 Kloverfield


Author's Note

Kloverfield
This is set in the reality where there are multiple dimensions, and people can travel these dimensions. Klover and Ferrett are room mates and best friends at the Multiversity, a college set in the Junction of the Multiverse. Their friendship started in high school, and Klover is taken back to the high times of their high school friendship through a faulty junction machine, which never worked right. Shindler is a brand of elevator.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a heartrending story! Even in such a short piece, I felt the connection between these two girls and the heartbreak on Klover's end. I felt for her and wanted to know what happened between them.

My only suggestion would be to explain the world a bit more. There are terms here that are specific to this world so I felt a little out of the loop, so to speak. I loved the idea of different dimensions and how that could affect the characters. I think this piece could be extended into something really interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'm considering working on Ferrett's perspective for you, Klover.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a heartrending story! Even in such a short piece, I felt the connection between these two girls and the heartbreak on Klover's end. I felt for her and wanted to know what happened between them.

My only suggestion would be to explain the world a bit more. There are terms here that are specific to this world so I felt a little out of the loop, so to speak. I loved the idea of different dimensions and how that could affect the characters. I think this piece could be extended into something really interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, Kloverfield, this is really tough reading. First, make sure to change the font. Next, introduce the write in a few paragraphs before where this story starts --just say basically what is noted the caption and and author's notes, but put that right in the story at the beginning. Aside from that, I think you have a really neat concept in the Multiversity --just be sure to write this for humans rather than Ferretts :) --and I would love to see how this turns out.


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2011
Last Updated on November 6, 2011
Tags: friend, friendship, shindler, klover, ferrett, multiverse, multiversity, interdimensional

Author

Kloverfield
Kloverfield

ID



About
I am an avid dreamer, and the only thing between me and putting my dreams down on paper is having the time to write. I am dearly devoted to family, and most of my stories are about friendships. I am.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Kloverfield