Isolation

Isolation

A Story by Sayden Odor
"

Lennon is what you would think to be your typical teenage girl. But looks can be deceiving. What is she becoming as she changes more everyday into the nightmares every child dreams of.

"
Prologue:

Pain. It was the only thing that made her feel human anymore. That one small word, pain. How small the word was, but yet, how powerfull.


Pain can consume you, or worst, it could become you. She bit down on her lip to the point to where she tasted blood, trying to hold back the tears that were forming in her eyes, but it was too late, she felt the tears start to stream down her blood and dirt covered face.

She looked at the ground around her. Her friends bodies lay strewn about, like an unmotionless sea surrounding her.

"What have I done?" She mouthed the words, but nothing came out. The only thing that escaped her lips was a low groan, as the realisation and pain began to set in and overwhelm her, drowing her in darkness.

She laid back and closed her eyes, letting the tears fall more freely now. Im dying she thought to herlself. This is what death feels like.

A realisation shot through her mind. Im only seventeen years old, and im dying. As the words crept through her head, panic started to set in.

She couldnt move. She was frozen in a blanket of terror and pain. That was when she heard it.

It was faint, like the raindrops falling upon the ground all around her. A low cackel, almost a giggle, that sounded like a hyena, closing in on its prey.

She closed her eyes even tighter. Trying to push away the noise of the approaching enemy, as if she could push the evilness that closed in on her away as she pushed her swimming thoughts away.

She knew the terror that would change from nightmare to reality once her eyes opened and saw it for herself, and she just wasnt ready to accept that yet.

"Aw, open your eyes Lennon. I want you to see what you have done." Came the raspy voice, to snap her back into her nightmare of a reality.

Slowly, Lennon opened her tear soaked eyes, and a scream escaped her throat as she stared into the face of evil that had been the cause of this nightmare.

She looked first at the most horrifying smile she had ever seen. As if Satan himself was smiling, and she stared into the eyes of recognition. Into the eyes of her mother.

HAPPILY NEVER AFTER:
She woke up to silence. Something was wrong. She knew that after ten years of being in multiple foster homes.

She sat up slowly and stretched, while wiping the sleep from her eyes. Light shown in through the windows of her small bedroom.

She looked at the other two beds that were also in the room, they were empty.

She pulled the blanket back over her head and closed her eyes and started twirling her long blond hair.

It was something she had done since she was a child when she got stressed out. She had long flowing blond hair that went down her back almost to her waist.

Lennon had never been one to like getting her hair cut. She considered it almost like cutting off a limb from het body.

Her hair and body was all she had, that actually belonged to her, she she obsessed with taking care of it.

If you saw Lennon on the street somewhere walking you wouldn't look twice at her.

She always kept her hair in her face, or covered her face somehow as if to keep the outside world away, or to block them out.

She wasnt a skinny girl, she had hips and curves in all the right places. She was embarrassed with her curves, so she always tried to cover her body with baggy clothes.

But it was her eyes that would make people stop and stare. She had eyes the color of the ocean. They were a deep blue on the edges and then then turned into a clear blue, like the sky in a swirl.

When people would look into her eyes, they would get lost in them, and loose their train of thought. Which is another reason Lennon would not look people in the eye when she spoke to them.

She considered it embarrassing to have people give her compliments or to stare at her.

She looked around for her cell phone, but couldnt find it in its normal spot under her pillow. That is when the panic started to set in.

She plopped back in bed while groaning loudly. This was all she needed for her first day of her Junior year.

She sat straight up in bed with a jolt. Junior year. She bolted out of bed and down the hallway.

She had only been there three days, but already she hated it. Her new foster mother, Marge smelled of mothballs and martinis, and her new foster father, Martin, who she hadn't met yet, was a truck driver so he was gone for long periods at a time, or so she was told.

She shared the home with five other children, all of whom kept to themselves, and then there was Hartley, Marge's daughter from a former marriage, who was the wicked b***h of the West as far as Lennon was concerned.

She stopped short in the kitchen, where Marge was doing what appeared to be a cross word puzzle from a news paper at the kitchen table, and nearly fell face first onto the hard wood floor.

"What time is it?" Lennon asked in a panic. Marge set the paper down and sternly looked up from her time consuming puzzle. Beside Marges cup of coffee, sat Lennons cell phone. Lennons eyes widdened and she could feel her palms getting sweaty.

"You know Lennon," Marge said, putting her hands together and narrowing her brow, "I make simple rules, not only to help me, but to help me help you."

Lennon lifted her eye brow in a confused state. "Is this about the cell phone?" Lennon asked the question that she already knew the answer too.

Marge got up slowly, and walked to the end of the long kitchen table and sat down on the edge, right in front of Lennon, making Lennon even more uncomfortable than she had already been the last few days in her new home.

"First it starts off as you not obeying my rules about having a cell phone. Then you will start sneaking off, doing who knows what with who knows who or even end up dead Lennon." Marge said in a low husky voice, making sure to insinuate each word slowly.

Lennons mouth dropped open, as she stood in the dinning room.

"I didnt know it was going to be a big deal." Lennon replied defensively as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Lennon, Lennon, Lennon." Replied Marge as she shook her head in a disaproving manner. "Who do you have to talk to on a cell phone? Its not like you have family or friends." Marge chuckled as she delivered the low blow.

Lennon, held back tears, and insults as she bit her tongue. "My house my rules. And my rules say no cell phones. Now go get dressed, I have to get you registered at school. And try not to wear anything too revealing, I know how you girls think now a days."

HAUTHORNS:
Lennon took a deep breath and exhaled while twirling her hair. She sat in the back of Marge's station wagon and looked down at her scuffed up black converse that she wore.

She hated starting at a new school. "Your going to have to find a way home after school Lennon." Marge said while puffing on her cigarette.

"Martin is coming home tonight, and everything has to be perfect. So try and stay out of our way. Oh, and try to keep the kids entertained as well." Marge said with a smirk on her face.

Lennon rolled her eyes in the back seat. "Did you hear me Lennon?" Marge said with an irritation in her voice. "Yes." Was all that Lennon could reply.

She hadn't really tried to dress up or anything for her first day.

Lennon had learned a long time ago that people never actually looked at her, and no one ever paid her any attention.

It was as if she were invisible. She tugged on the strings of her shredded blue jean skirt. It was one of her more comfy outfits.

She had on a black spaghetti strapped shirt, and a maroon quarter length sleeved over shirt, along with a maroon and black scarf. Her long hair was hanging freely down her back, and she wore a black oversized beanie as a hat, letting her bangs hang in her face.

She felt the urge to mess with her hair again as Marge pulled into the school parking lot. This would be the seventh school change in seventeen years.

Marge got out of the station wagon and primped herself while throwing her cigarette butt into the grass beside the vehicle.

Before walking up the school walk way she turned and faced Lennon, the narrowing of her eyes told Lennon that she was about to get an ear full.

"This is how it is going to go Lennon. While I talk to the secretary or whoever I need to, you say nothing. These people update your social worker regularly, so we have to make it look like we are one big happy family. Got it?" Marge said with a smirk on her face that could only be described as sarcastic.

Lennon smiled slightly and simply replied "Sure thing Margie." Marge narrowed her eyes, "Listen you little brat," she spat, clearly loosing her temper at the "Margie" statement.

"You don't have to like me, but you will do as I say. I own you. And as long as they send me a check for keeping you under my roof, then I have a need for you. So whether you like it or not, were both stuck." '

Lennon rolled her eyes. She had similar speeches given to her before by her other foster families. She knew what they all wanted.

Her being in their care meant that they received checks each month from social services. Which is the only reason people would foster her. She was nothing but that. A check. Lennon had learned that most of the foster families were the same.

Most of the mothers were high maintenance money hungry women, and most of the fathers were alcoholics who couldn't keep their hands to themselves. With being in the system as long as she had, she had her fair share of both of these.

Marge was definitely the high maintenance type. She had curly short red hair, and anytime she was at home, she kept them in curlers with a hair net over them.

She always had on more jewelery than she needed. As if she knew people were going to be always looking at her, and she had to give them the impression she was wealthy. She wore a pink and green stripped cocktail dress with pink heels.

She looked like something out of a magazine. Her hair perfect, her make up perfect. Even the way she held her green clutch purse under her arm was perfect. She just wished people could see what she saw.

The imperfections of her perfections. How she tried too hard. It was like a costume.

Marge started walking towards the huge double doors. This school looked more like a prison than a school. It was made of stone, and there were no windows in the front from what Lennon could see.

Just two red arched wooden doors. The building looked like it was at least three stories, and it seemed to go on the whole length of the block. "What kind of school is this?" Lennon asked hesitantly as she reluctantly walked up the walk to what seemed to be her doom.

"Don't be so dramatic Lennon." Marge said with a sigh. "And don't drag your feet when you walk, really Lennon, do you even know how to be a lady?" She said with a smirk.

Lennon reluctantly caught up with Marge and pulled on the metal round door knob that resembled that of a castle door. The door was heavy and opened with a low creak.

The smell that hit her when it opened took Lennon's breath away. It smelled of must and mold. The brown colored cement floors felt cold beneath her shoes.

When she walked into the hallway it felt like her shoes would stick to the floor, like something had been spilt, only it covered the entire walkway.

There was too much light for such a narrow hallway. The walls were covered in bulletin boards that were nearly bare. It didn't feel like a high school.

There were no sounds of children running through the hallways, there were no laughs, there was just nothing. Rows of chairs lined up against the wall under the bulletin boards, but they were all bare.

There were hallways that opened up both ends of the corridor, and at the end of hallway was the office.

They walked down the endless rows of empty chairs and the building seemed to get colder the further in she went.

The metal door to the office made Lennon jump when she touched it, it sent a shiver down her spine.

"Welcome to Hauthorn's, can I help you mam?" Asked the woman sitting behind the desk in the office without even looking up from whatever held her attention in front of her.

She had thick rimmed glasses and short sandy blond hair. "Yes, I am here to enroll my daughter." Marge said with her fake pleasant voice.

Just hearing her call her daughter made Lennon's stomach turn. The secretary looked up and glanced from Marge to Lennon.

"Ah, Ms. Bardwell, I see that you have picked up another one." Spoke the secretary with a hint of sarcastic in her voice. Marge smiled at the woman behind the desk.

"You know me, always wanting to open my house to needy children. I have always had such maternal instincts." Marge replied with a smile. "I'm sure." Smirked the secretary.

"Fill out these papers and I will get everything else done. Young lady have a seat and the guidance counselor will be right with you." She said without looking at Lennon.

Lennon walked over to one of the chairs and had a seat, while the secretary picked up the phone, pressed a few buttons and asked for someone to come to the office.

The urge to twirl her hair had set back in, and Lennon grabbed a piece and started twisting it in her fingers.

"New here?" Asked a deep voice that came from behind her. Lennon turned around in her seat and looked in the direction that the voice came.

He was sitting there looking at her, leaned over with his elbows on his legs in a relaxed position.

He had on a pair of sneakers, shaggy blue jeans with holes worn into the knees, and a plaid blue and yellow button up shirt.

His shaggy black hair hung low in his face, and he had green eyes that looked so light in color they reminded her of cat eyes.

His lip had a cut on it, like he had been in a scuffle, but it didn't seem to bother him. His smile was very warm and inviting.

"Are you gonna answer me, or are you playing the mysterious role?" He asked again raising an eyebrow as if to test her, like he was trying to read her.

"Um, yeah. First day, is it that obvious." She responded while turning back around to sit facing forward. She began to twirl her hair faster and faster.

Boys were not Lennon's strong point. "Nah, its just a small school, no new face goes unnoticed." The boy replied, while moving to the seat right behind her.

"I'm Baze." He said extending his hand across the back of the chair. "Lennon." She responded shaking his hand.

"Mr. Newman, making friends I see." Said a booming voice from behind them. Lennon turned around too see a heavy set man, with a white short sleeve button up dress shirt with a tie, and khaki pants.

"Mr. Donnavan, this is our newest addition to Hauthorn's, Lennon Everett." Spoke the secretary after hearing the mans voice. "Welcome Lennon." He spoke in the same tone, as when he had addressed Baze.

"Thanks." Lennon replied then looked back down.

"Baze, in my office, now." Responded the husky man. "Calm down dad, it wasn't a big deal." Baze said sarcastically. "Now!" Replied then man louder now, then spun around and walked into the office.

"Ugh, its not easy getting away with much when your dad is the principal." Baze said while getting up and walking into the open door.

At the last minute he spun around and put both hands on the door frame and leaned down a bit while looking in Lennon's direction.

"Catch you later Lennon." Baze said while flashing a smile in her direction. "Yeah." She spoke softly, while pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

Maybe this new school wasn't going to be so bad after all she thought to herself with a smile.

FREAK:
"Well Ms. Lennon." Spoke the school counselor "It seems that your are going to fit in very well at Hauthorn's" said the woman with a polite and inviting smile as she stood in the doorway to the schools office.

"You seem to already be making friends." She spoke raising an eye brow. "Lennon doesn't have a problem making friends with boys." Smirked Marge with a disproving look on her face.

Lennon felt the heat of embarrassment wash over her face as Marge made the insult. Lennon thought to herself, little does Marge know.

Since Lennon had moved in with Marge, she was insulted on a regular basis.

Marge seemed to like to insult Lennon about boys, lack of fashion and lack of femininity frequently, even though her foster mother obviously didn't know a lot about her.

Lennon didn't exist when it came to boys. She was always over looked and unappreciated.

She had never had a boyfriend, never been kissed never been anything. And as far as she was concerned that didn't bother her. She liked being off the radar, and keeping to herself.

"Um, yeah, that's me, Ms. Popular." Lennon spoke rolling her eyes and sitting back in the chair, crossing her arms.

"Well, Ms. Popular, come with me." The lady spoke with a smile. Marge proceeded to follow and the lady stopped short. "I can take it from here Ms. Bardwell." The Counselor said with a hesitant smile.

"Oh, well Okay, have fun sweetie. And don't be too much trouble for the lady." Marge said squeezing Lennons arm to get her point across.

"Sure thing Marge." Lennon replied pulling her arm away. "Follow me Lennon." Said the counselor walking down the hall.

Marge shot Lennon a menacing look as she reluctantly followed, clutching her school bag that hung over her shoulder.

As they took the first turn down the hallway Lennon realized that the school was even bigger than what the outside had made it seem.

They had passed at least two sets of stairways and the halls seemed to go on forever. "Well Ms. Bardwell," Spoke the counselor "How do you like the school thus far?"

"My last name is not Bardwell." Lennon stopped short, and snapped at the counselor "Marge is not my mother. Shes my foster mother." "Oh, I'm terribly sorry Lennon." Spoke the counselor, who looked at Lennon with concern and sadness.

Then she started fumbling with the folder that she had in her hands, flipping through the pages. "Everett. Lennon Everett. I apologize for that." She spoke when she found the page she was looking for.

"I am Ms. Alexia." She said speaking softly, smiling again. She had the same smile everyone did when they found out I was a foster child. Everyone always feels sorry for foster children.

But sympathy was the last thing that she wanted from anyone. "Nice to meet you" Lennon replied forcing a smile back.

"Well, here is your schedule" Alexia said handing Lennon a sheet of paper. "If you get lost or need anything you can look at this map and it will show you everything on school grounds."

She handed Lennon a second sheet of paper and started walking off, then stopped short and turned around while shooting Lennon a concerned look.

"You know Lennon if you need anything, anything at all, you can come to my office and talk to me." She said with concern on her face. She was a very pretty woman.

She was tall with long slender legs. She wore a brown skirt that came down to her knees, her long legs went down for what seemed like forever before they met her brown high heels.

Her white sleeveless lace blouse hung loosely on her slender body. She seemed nice. But then again that was her job. To act like she cared about the problems of her students. "Thanks." Lennon said while looking down at her class schedule.

"Your first class is right across the hall." Alexia pointed in the direction of a door then turned around and walked off down the hall.

213 was printed largely on the metal door. There was a large window in the middle of it, and through it Lennon could see rows of students sitting at their desk, a short older man stood at the front of the class behind a podium where he seemed to be reading aloud from a book.

She reluctantly took a deep breath and grabbed the door nob in front of her when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

Lennon let out a squeal of surprise and whirled around. "Whoa there, jumpy are we." Smiled Baze as he held his hands up like a criminal did to police when they were busted.

"Holy s**t you scared the crap out of me!" Lennon said harshly as she held her hand to her forehead and breathed slowly trying to catch her breath.

"Are you okay?" Asked Baze, a look of concern slowly creeping across his face. "Yeah, I'm fine." Shot back Lennon, "Just heading into my first class." She replied as she headed back towards the door.

"Allow me," Baze said with a smile and opened the classroom door for her.

He opened the door to the classroom and the teacher stopped his reading and looked at the two teens standing in his doorway.

"Finally decided to join us Mr. Newman?" The teacher said crossing his arms over his chest. "And it seems you brought a friend."

"Yeah, I picked her up along the way, she was lost and wondering around the corridor." Baze said smiling in Lennon's direction.

"Hmm" replied the teacher. "Actually, shes new Mr. Rayborn." Baze said when he noticed that Lennon wasn't enjoying all the attention the conversation was getting her.

She reached up and grabbed a strand of her hair and pushed it back behind her ear. "Oh, good, well find a seat, whats your name?" Mr. Rayborn asked coming over and motioning to the desk in front of him.

"Lennon." She responded clutching her book bag and holding it close to her. "Right Ms. Lennon, there are books on the counter to the left. Grab one and then find yourself a seat." He said resuming his place at the head of the class.

Lennon went to the counter and grabbed a text book, then turned and faced the on looking students.

The classroom was partially full, she spotted a seat toward the back of the class and started towards it.

She was almost to the desk when she tripped over a students bag and toppled over onto the floor.

Embarrassed she hurried back to her feet. Her face was hot with heat from blushing with embarrassment.

She felt like crying. Great first day she thought to herself. She turned around to look to see what she had tripped over and saw a girl looking at her with disgust across her face.

"Watch where your going freak." The girl stated. "The kid doesn't know how to walk." She giggled to her friend who sat behind her.

"I'm sorry." Was all that Lennon could get out. "Don't apologies to her Lennon." Baze shot from behind her where he was seated at the back of the classroom.

"Aw look, Baze has a girlfriend." Stated the snobby girl. "Don't be jealous." Baze retorted. "I cant be jealous of you. I left you remember!" She spat back at him.

"Get over yourself Jenny." Baze rolled his eyes. Lennon hurried to the seat beside Baze and put her head on her desk. "Now if we can get back to today's lesson. Page 56." Mr. Rayborn said as he eyed the class.

Lennon felt like she was being watched, and looked across the room where the girl Jenny had been seated and saw that she was staring her down.

Why was she looking at Lennon with hate in her eyes Lennon thought to herself.

The first day of school wasn't going to go as well as she had hoped she thought. Junior year was going to be a long one.

BURNT OFFERINGS:
By lunch time Lennon was ready to disappear. Between the constant stares of the other classmates, and the teachers questioning her about her previous knowledge of studies, she was wore out.

She grabbed an apple and a soda and proceeded to check out in the lunch line. "We don't accept cash, you have to have a lunch card to purchase lunches." The lunch lady remarked while chomping on the gum that she had in her mouth.

"Oh, I didn't know that." Lennon replied with puzzlement across her face. "Its OK, I have it." Said a familiar voice from behind her. She turned to see Baze standing behind her.

"Stalk much?" Lennon said with an uncomfortable feeling starting to settle in her stomach. She wasn't used to boys paying her this much attention. "Well, I cant just let you starve on your first day of school." Baze replied with a sly smile.

"Thanks, I've just had a crazy day." Lennon said apologetically starting to walk towards the endless rows of cafeteria tables.

"Being a new student can be a pain." Baze replied following close behind. She found a table close to the back that was empty.

Every table she passed was followed by close stares of onlooking students and whispers of curiosity.

She was surprised when Baze followed and sat at the table with her. They sat in silence as Baze scarfed down his potatoes and meatloaf.

"Mind if we join you?" Said a not so friendly voice. Lennon looked up to see Jenny, the girl that she had been humiliated by in Mr. Rayborn's classroom earlier.

Before Lennon had a chance to answer the question, Jenny and three of her friends sat down. Lennon immediately started fumbling with the apple that sat in front of her on the table.

"So, Lennon, is it? What brings you to Hauthorn's?" Jenny asked in a not so interested manner. "I just moved here." Lennon responded looking down at her apple which she was now turning around in circles on the table.

"And how do you and Baze know each other?" Jenny asked with genuine interest. "We just met today." Lennon responded.

"What do you want Jenny?" Baze said finally speaking crossing his arms across themselves as he leaned forward shooting a look of distaste in Jennys direction.

She threw him an innocent look while brushing back a strand of her long brown hair. She was very pretty, and she knew it. She was tall and slender. Her brown hair hung in loose curls a little past her shoulders.

She had big full lips, which she insinuated with a deep red lipstick. She had light brown eyes, and eyelashes that were long, almost fake looking. She wore dark eye shadow to make them stand out. They looked almost orange.

She had on a white v neck t-shirt and a black vest over it. Her long legs were covered with dark denim skinny jeans. And on her feet she wore boot heels.

Lennon was intimidated by her, there was no doubt about that. "I'm just trying to make friends with the newbie." Jenny said tilting her head to the side and looking at Lennon with a studying glance.

"I'm sure." Baze said with a scowl. "Your the new foster kid right? At the Bardwell house?" Jenny asked suddenly. "Hartley's foster sister right?" Jenny continued.

"Um, you can say that." Lennon choked up an answer after a few seconds of eerie silence. "Hartley and I are close." Jenny said with a smirk.

"She told me you are an orphan or something." She continued, then turned to the other girls sitting at the table with her.

"Lennon's parents died in a fire. Apparently they burned to death or something. Isn't that right Lennon." She asked with a sly little smile. Lennon felt the heat start to rise in her face.

She put her hands together and started playing with her fingers, anxiety rising in her chest. A smile crept across Jenny's face as she noticed the uncomfortableness that was showing in Lennon's features.

"Did I say something wrong?" Jenny asked sheepishly.

"I don't know what happened to my parents." Was all that Lennon could respond.

"That's funny, because I'm positive that Hartley said something about them being burnt like marshmellows or something." Jenny continued, she kept talking to the other girls, not paying attention to the discomfort that the talk was clearly putting Lennon in.

Lennon continued to fidget with her hands, the palms of her hands drenched with sweat.

This cold hearted girl. What did Lennon do that was so harsh to make this complete stranger talk about her so?

She started drifting away in her own thoughts. Searching her mind for the memory that she constantly went back too time and time again.

The smell of smoke. It flooded her mind, and as if she were there again she could feel the smoke filling her nostrils. She felt the panic start to build up in her chest.

Jenny was still talking, about what Lennon didn't know. She was lost in her thoughts. She was staring at the carton of milk that sat on Jenny's lunch tray.

Trying to remember everything that had happened that day. The smell of smoke still fresh in her mind and in her nose. She was at the peak of her anxiety when it happened.

Still lost in her thoughts, she felt the panic and anger wash over her, and a sharp pain started in her head. The carton of milk that sat in front of Jenny exploded.

Milk flew all over the front of Jenny's shirt, all over her face, and all in her beautiful flowing curls of hair.

Silence fell on the cafeteria Jenny sat in, a milk explosion in silence. Mouth open in a look of confusion and shock as milk dripped from her chin and started to fall onto the lunch table.

She looked straight at Lennon with a look of sheer hatred. "You little b***h!" Jenny screamed standing up from the table in a jolt.

Baze who had been sitting wide mouthed at the table burst out laughing, this was followed by rows of laughter from the other students who were also sitting in the cafeteria and were watching the whole scene unfold.

"Why are you blaming Lennon?" Baze coughed out in between burst of laughter. "She didn't do anything." He continued.

Lennon sat with her mouth open, in wonder. She wanted to speak, she felt the need to apologize, but she couldn't, she opened her mouth but words wouldn't come out.

Jenny just stood there staring at Lennon, hands balled into fist. She was visibly shaking with rage as she suddenly smiled and gritted her teeth and spoke, "I don't know how you did it, but tou're going to regret that."

Saying that she spun around and walked out of the cafeteria, her friends closely following on her heels.

DADDY DEAREST:
Lennon started on her mile hike back to her home, greatfull to finally be finished with her first day of school.

She had barely made it to the end of the block when she heard the voice calling out to her from a short ways back. "Lennon!" Screamed an unfamiliar girls voice.

"Hey wait up Lennon!" Said the voice again. Lennon turned around hesitantly to see a short girl running towards her waving her arms.

She looked confused at the girl, searching her memories of a possible connection, seeing if maybe she knew her and just didn't realize it.

When the girl caught up to her she bent over out of breath, arms on her legs and breathed in heavily. The girl was short, maybe 5'1. She looked to be about Lennon's age.

She had on black leggins, and blue jean shorts over them. She had on similar converse black shoes to the ones that Lennon had on her feet.

She had on a red t shirt that had a band that Lennon was not familiar with plastered on the front of it, and a black sweater that was unzipped to show some of the girls husky body features.

The girl had very short black hair, that had red streaks all in it, and had about ten different bracelets on.

Lennon was sure she didn't know the girl, so the confusion that was on her face she didn't bother to hide.

"Do I know you?" Lennon asked hesitantly. "Spencer." Was all the girl could manage to say in between heaves of breathing.

The girl was frantically searching in her bag for something, when she finally pulled out a inhaler and put it to her lips, after a few puffs from it she seemed to breath a lot easier.

"I'm sorry what?" Lennon finally asked. "Spencer. The names Spencer." The girl responded placing the inhaler back into a safe place in her back bag.

"I saw what happened in the cafeteria." Spencer said flashing a smile at Lennon.

"OK?" Lennon said while turning to resume her walk, not that she was in a hurry to get back to her house, but she felt uncomfortable with the direction the conversation was going.

The thing was, that situation at cafeteria wasn't the first time things like that happened.

Honestly, all Lennon's life was filled with moments where she had blacked out and similar things had happened, as far back as she could remember.

Once when Lennon was ten years old she was at a fast food restraurant with her foster mother at the time, her foster mother and the person taking her order had gotten into a heated argument.

While the argument escalated her foster mother had been holding her hand and was squeezing the more upset that she had gotten.

Lennon had tried to pull her hand away but the woman kept squeezing harder and harder.

Right before Lennon's hand was almost broken from the force behind the anger of her foster mother, hysteria happened.

It had started with the soda machines, which all started shooting out multi colored soda up into the ceiling and shooting from its spews onto the floor like a river of cola and orange soda, next was the ice cream machine, which shot milky substances across the entire lobby.

Then the grease from the fry machine caught fire, it was an explosion of sorts. It was a nightmare turned reality.

It always meant the worst. It meant she would be moving again soon. Whenever things like this had started happening, foster parents got scared.

And when they got scared, they got rid of the source of that fear, which in most cases meant getting rid of Lennon.

"I mean, I don't know how you did it, or what you even did for that matter, but whatever it was, I mean WOW! No one has ever stood up to Jenny and her gang of goons before!" Spencer was speaking with such excitement that Lennon could hardly understand anything that she was saying.

Lennon also picked up on a strange feeling from Spencer that she couldn't quite put her finger on, a tingling sensation in her stomach.

"Join the club." Lennon mumbled under her breath. "What did you say?" Spencer asked. "Nothing." Lennon said shyly.

"So your Hartley's foster sister huh?" Spencer asked more quietly and with less excitement. "Um, yeah. Do you know her?" Lennon asked while walking.

"Know her? Pfffft, that's an understatement. We used to be best friends, till this summer passed." Spencer said looking down now. Lennon could tell that it was a touchy subject for Spencer.

Lennon bit down on her lip, searching for something to change the subject and talk about.

"Hey, isn't this your house?" Spencer asked stopping short in front of the home Lennon had moved into a few days before.

"Oh, yeah. Forgot where I was going there for a minute." Lennon said forcing a smile on her face. "Its cool, I live right next door." Spencer said pointing to the two story Victorian looking home that was right besides Lennon's.

"Oh well that's cool." Lennon responded.

"Yeah, do you walk to school in the mornings?" Spencer asked while approaching her gate and opened the hinge.

"Yeah I guess I do." Lennon answered not really knowing for sure the answer to that herself, but assuming since Marge doesn't like to get up before noon if she didn't have too.

"Cool, well I will catch you in the morning then." Spencer said while walking up the steps to her house and then disappeared inside.

Lennon opened her own gate and proceeded to walk up her own steps when she was stopped by a puff of smoke which was blown into her face.

"What the..." Was all Lennon could get out from the sputtered coughs as she tried to breath.

"Seems you are making all kinds of new friends today." Hartley said while taking another puff of her cigarette before throwing it into the yard.

"Was that necessary?" Lennon asked while trying to walk around Hartley, but she was stopped short when Hartley stepped aside to block her way into the house.

Hartley was pretty in her own way. She had straight black hair, which went down to her shoulders.

She had on a deep red stripped v neck t shirt and a long silver chain that hung loosely around her neck.

She had short blue jeans shorts that showed entirely too much of her thick legs. She was curvy, but she wasn't fat at all.

She wore a pair of cowboy boots that Lennon recognized to be Marge's.

"What do you want Hartley? You have been giving me hell since I moved here!" Lennon yelled loosing her temper a little, her nostrils flared and her blond hair seemed to be standing up.

"I am just relaying a message from a friend Lennon." Hartley's dark brown eyes seemed to burn holes into Lennon's.

"Stay away from Baze. He is spoken for." Hartley said with a grin. "Is that what this is about? Baze?" Lennon shot back defensively.

"No Lennon, its about me not liking to have to share my house with a dirty homeless mess like you." Hartley replied taking a more serious tone. "I know what you did to Jenny today at lunch. Don't think I don't know what you are!"

She narrowed her eyes and took a step closer to Lennon. Lennon's mouth opened in shock and confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Lennon managed to get out. Hartley's seriousness turned to a menacing snarl of a smile.

Just then the front door to the house swung open, and both girls turned to face the doorway to see who had opened it.

"Well, this must be the new roach." Said a man who was the size of the door frame itself. Hartley looked back at Lennon with a cocky smile across her face.

"We will finish this later..." Said Hartley before turning around and waltzing into the open door.

"Don't you have something you can be doing?" Asked the man who was now leaning onto the edge of the door frame while looking after Hartley.

The way that he watched her walk away was disturbing and it sent a shiver down Lennon's spine.

"Don't you have a truck to be driving Martin?" Hartley retorted while rolling her eyes and giving Martin a devilish smile before turning the corner into her room and shutting the door.

"Lemon, right?" Martin asked while spitting into the yard, never taking his eyes off Lennon. "Its Lennon." She said while looking down at the ground, and she started walking towards the door.

Martin Leaned over the door, blocking her entry. "Like a bed sheet?" He asked with a goofy smile on his face that reminded her of a child.

"So your the one that Marge and Hartley have been complaining about." He said licking his front teeth. He reeked of skoal and beer.

Lennon clutched tightly to her book bag and didn't speak.

"Martin" came Marge's voice from somewhere in the house.

At hearing his name he stood up and Lennon scurried through the door and down the hall to her room, shutting the bedroom door behind her.

She heard footsteps come down the hall and stop in front of the door to her room, a few moments later the footsteps continued on into the kitchen.

Lennon let out a sigh of relief, and threw her book bag onto her bed. She plopped down on it and stared at the ceiling.

What a day she thought to herself. She grabbed her bath kit bag from under her bed and went into the bathroom that adjoined her room.

The Bardwell home was one of the nicer foster homes she had stayed in. There were four bedrooms and three bathrooms.

One bedroom for the foster boys, and one for the girls, and they shared a conjoining bathroom. Hartley had her own bedroom and bathroom, and Martin and Marge had their own bed and bath.

Hartleys room was large, and she wasn't quite sure how it was decorated, since she had never seen inside it.

The room that Lennon shared with the other two girls had wood paneling and hard wood floors, and so had the boys room.

The hallway was a deep rich green, and had pictures of Hartley lining both walls. The living room was a large open room, with the same green color that was in the hallway, it had two large white couches that lined both walls, and a large big screen television.

There were lots of game systems under the television, but they were just for show, and none of them worked.

The Bardwells were good at making things seem to be normal. They were the ideal family to someone who had no idea what they were looking at.

Just a kind couple who took in foster children so the kids could lead a normal life. Little did they know.

As Marge had made it clear to Lennon earlier, they were all nothing but checks to the Bardwell family. Lennon started to run a bath and stood in front of the mirror above the sink.

She looked at her long blond hair, and her blue eyes. Whats going on with me she thought to herself thinking back on the cafeteria incident.

Am I going crazy? Did I really have something to do with Jenny's milk disaster? All of these questions ran through her head.

Your losing it kid, she thought to herself. She got undressed and sat down in the tub, letting the hot water wash over her and closed her eyes.

She finally had started to relax when she heard a chuckle coming from the doorway.

She opened her eyes to see Martin leaning on the door frame like he had been earlier when they had their meet and greet on the front porch.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Lennon screamed grabbing for the towel that was sitting on the toilet beside the bathtub.

She stood up, splashing water all over the floor and proceeded to get out of the tub when Marge came running into the bathroom.

"What the hell are you doing you little tramp?" Marge screamed looking from Martin, then to Lennon.

She walked across the bathroom and grabbed Lennon by the hair and dragged her into the bedroom.

Lennon screamed out in pain and shock as she tried to keep up with Marge's fast pace so she wasn't being dragged naked along the room.

Martin just chuckled and walked back out into the hallway.

"Listen here you little s**t" Marge said with rage in her eyes as she finally let go of Lennon's hair and got within an inch of her face.

"I don't know what you think you are doing, but let me remind you that you are a child, and that man is my husband. You think hes interested in some little girl?" She screamed.

"I didn't do anything!" Lennon wailed while wrapping the towel tightly around her naked body, her wet hair clinging to her tear soaked cheeks.

"You knew exactly what you were doing! You don't leave your room for the rest of the night!" Marge screamed.

She hesitated, looked Lennon up and down with disgust then ripped the towel off and smiled wickedly at Lennon.

Lennon was shaking from the cold air hitting her bare skin, and with rage mixed with embarrassment. Before Marge left the room, she shot a look in Lennon's direction and spoke in an eriely slow and steady voice.

"You keep this s**t up and I will make you wish that you'd died along with your family." She turned towards the door and slamed it as she left.

She heard the door being locked from the outside hallway. A few moments later she heard the door to the bathroom lock as well.

Lennon sat in darkness, bringing her legs up on the bed and wrapping her arms around them, rocking herself back and forth.

She cried herself to sleep that night.

This was beginning to look more like hell everyday she thought before finally drifting off to sleep.

BLOOD AND TEARS:
Lennon woke up to the sound of the other girls running around the room getting ready for school. She was still naked from when she had cried herself to sleep.

She waited till the two other girls left the room before getting up and putting on a t shirt and shorts. She went into the bathroom and washed her face, which was swollen from crying herself to sleep the night before.

She stood there looking at herself in the mirror for what seemed like ages. She let her mind drift back to the night before, when Martin had been watching her in the bathtub.

How long had he been standing there she wondered. She felt the heat of embarrassment and anxiety start to creep up her chest and into her face.

She didn't realize it but she had taken a strand of her hair and started tugging on it as she let her mind wonder with questions. What will he do next, she thought to herself.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she almost screamed when the mirror in front of her shattered in its hinges and frame.

Lennon took a step back eying the mirrors broken pieces that still hung, but now looked jagged, as now not only one image of herself looked back at her, but what seemed to be thousands.

"Great" was all she managed to mumble looking puzzled at the broken mirror. She went into her bedroom and picked out her clothes for the day. She choose a a light blue sweater with a pair of khaki pants.

She felt no need to impress anyone at her school. They all thought she was a freak anyway.

She rolled her eyes and put a comb through her long hair, making the finished touches a side braid which she let hang loose to the right side of her face.

She walked down the hallway to the kitchen where Marge was sitting with her coffee, the dark circles under her eyes stood out against her pale skin.

She obviously didn't sleep well after her argument with Lennon. "Something happened to the mirror in the bathroom" Lennon said hesitantly.

Marge looked at Lennon with a distasteful look on her face. "What do you mean something happened to it" she shot at her, her eyes narrowing as she started to get up from the table.

"I don't know really, I was just getting cleaned up and it shattered" Lennon said while looking down and tugging on the end of her braid.

"Mirrors don't just shatter Lennon." Marge spat over her shoulder while walking down the hall to the bathroom.

Lennon scooped her book bag up and hurried out the door before Marge had the chance to pick another fight.

While walking down the steps, she caught sight of Spencer walking out of her gate.

"Morning neighbor" Spencer said with a smile. "Hey back" Lennon replied with a smile. "Ready to go?" She asked turning to walk toward the school when Spencer grabbed her by the shoulder and stopped her.

"Wait a minute," she said with a giggle, "my sister is always late" she said rolling her eyes. "Hey Ede!" Spencer yelled.

"I really need to get going" Lennon said back to Spencer. She didn't want to wait around to see if Marge was going to come chasing after her, to blame her for the shattered mirror.

"Alright, alright I'm coming" Said a voice coming from the porch of Lennon's neighboring house. Lennon looked back to see a girl coming down the steps.

She didn't look at all like a girl. But more like a boy. She had short, boy like hair and it was brown and almost fohawk like.

She was dark complected, like someone who had been out working in the sun, and Lennon didn't notice until the girl had gotten right beside her that she had the same striking eye color as she herself had.

"Who's this?" Ede asked when she came into stride with Spencer and Lennon. "Its our new neighbor, Lennon" Spencer said, "Lennon this is my sister Ede."

"Nice to meet you Ede" Lennon said while looking down at her feet.

"Ditto" was all that Ede responded. They walked a few more houses up before stopping short at an older more run down looking house that was a few blocks from the school.

"Why are we stopping?" Asked Lennon looking confused. "Oh, Ede's friend lives here, her mom likes us to walk with her to school." Spencer replied while raising an eyebrow.

"Kirhsten!!!!!!" Ede yelled loudly enough for Lennon to cover her ears momentarily. "So lady like aren't we" said Spencer with a giggle while pushing Ede.

"Whatever" Ede replied while walking towards the house. A girl then came out of the front door. She was slender, with stacked sandy blond hair.

She was very girly, and had pretty green eyes. She wore a pair of jeans that fit her hips nicely, and a black dress shirt that had short puffs at the sleeves, and the neck was decorated in lace.

She wore glasses, but wasn't at all nerdy looking. She silently walked up to the other girls, looking confused at Lennon's presence.

Ede walked up to her and started whispering something that Lennon couldn't hear.

They proceeded in walking back in the direction of the school. At the stop sign of the block before the school Ede and Kirhsten both stopped short and started talking amongst themselves again.

Lennon started walking across the street when she noticed Spencer and the other girls were not behind her. "Are you guys coming?" She asked as she stopped and looked over her shoulder.

"Do you really want to go to school that bad?" Ede asked with a cocky smile across her face.

"What are you talking about" Lennon asked turning around and took a few steps back towards them.

"Were going to ditch" said Spencer, "you want in?" She asked with a giggle. "Oh, I don't know" said Lennon looking over her shoulder at the school.

"What are you guys gonna be doing?" She asked raising an eye brow. "Stuff" this time Kirhsten answered. She still had the same blank look on her face, this worried Lennon because she couldn't read her very well.

"I think I better get to school" Lennon said reluctantly turning around and walking towards the school.

Then she saw them. The goons, as Spencer had called them. They were all standing at the front steps of the school entrance, all staring at Lennon.

Jenny stood with her arms crossed, a look of sheer hatred beaming through her eyes and burning holes in Lennon. Hartley stood on the side of Jenny, she on the other hand had a cocky smirk on her face.

The other girls who Lennon had not been introduced stood on both sides of the other girls. They looked like intimidation, that was the only way to describe them.

Intimidating, Lennon looked at them and then at the door to the school, she didn't know of any other way in. She looked around and saw no other entrance way.

She looked over her shoulder and saw Spencer, Ede and Kirhsten all walking down the street, then she looked back at the goons, waiting to pounce.

She whirled around and started jogging after her friends. Could she call them that? Friends? She had never really had friends before.

"Hey guys, wait up!" She yelled in the direction of Spencer and the others.

Ede turned around and saw Lennon running in their direction and stopped the other two. "Looks like Lennon is turning into a rebel" Spencer joked as they waited for her to catch up to them.

"Yeah," Lennon smiled, "You guys just seemed like more fun." "What are friends for" Spencer said with a big smile.

"See I told you guys she would be cool." Spencer said once again punching Ede in the arm in a joking matter. Lennon smiled to herself. Yes, these were going to be her friends she could sense it.

She was happy for the first time in a while.

They spent the day walking around town, which gave Lennon two things to do. Get to know the new town that she was living in, and getting to spend time and get to know the girls.

Lennon learned a lot of different things about the girls, Kirhsten for instance, was very intelligent, she was quiet and kept to herself, which made people get the wrong impression of her.

She hardly ever spoke, unless spoken too, and even at those times Ede seemed to answer for her, so it was more like Lennon was getting to know her second hand.

Spencer was a lot like Kirhsten, and then again she was a lot different too. She also was very intelligent. She could ramble on about useless information, things people could go their entire lives without knowing. But she made the time interesting.

Then there was Ede, Lennon was more intrigued by her than the others. She was quiet in her own way. Lennon had gathered throughout there day together that Ede was not interested in boys.

She was gay. Lennon had never met a lesbian or gay guy or gay anything for that matter. It was an interesting topic for discussion and she didn't seem at all bothered by other people knowing it.

Lennon had a lot of questions that she asked her throughout the day, and Ede had politely answered them all without hesitation.

Lennon didn't understand Ede's sexuality, but she didn't judge her for it either. The girls were all friendly, and they didn't ask a lot of questions about Lennon's past, and for that she was grateful.

They seemed to accept her and she them, that was all that mattered.

As the day dragged on and started to get late the girls decided to head back to their homes.

She knew that even though she didn't want to go home, if she didn't that would just cause more problems for her. She stopped with hesitation as she made it to her house, and watched her friends slowly ascend to their door.

"See you tomorrow" Ede and Spencer said in unison, while Kirhsten merely waved her goodbye as they all went their separate ways.

Lennon started walking up the doorsteps to her house and stopped right before she got to the door. She took a deep breath and entered the house.

It was quiet, red flag number one, which meant that Marge had probably sent all the kids to their rooms early.

Lennon tried walking as quietly as possible down the hall towards her room when a voice came from the kitchen.

"Well, there's the little trouble maker now" said Martin. Lennon turned to the kitchen area and gasped when she saw Marge's face.

Martin sat at the kitchen table, rows of beer bottles accompanied him, Marge sat at the table to the left of him, her eyes bloodshot and mascara was smeared down her cheeks as if she had been crying, her nose bloody and swollen and her lip was cut, like she had been hit repeatedly in the face.

Martin never looked up the entire time, he just took a sip from his beer and then stood up slowly.

"Where were you today" Martin asked while leaning forward onto the table still not making eye contact with with Lennon.

"I was at school today Martin" Lennon replied looking down at her feet. "Liar" Martin boomed, picking up the beer bottle and throwing it into the wall closest to the table making Marge jump in fear, and Lennon jump back startled.

"How are you going to lie to my face" he screamed walking across the dinning room to get into Lennon's face, grabbing her cheeks in his hands and squeezing them.

"Were you with a boy? Wanted to get a little of the stick huh? Yeah, you look like the kind of girl that likes to give it up to anyone who will give you attention." Martin said licking his lips and staring at Lennon with that same dirty look he had given her while watching her in the bathtub.

"Maybe I should see just how good you are." Getting inches from her face and took a big breath in smelling her neck. "Nice and ripe."

Terror gripped Lennon in her stomach and she felt the waves of anxiety start to wash over her.

"NO! Get off of me you filthy pig!" She screamed trying to push Martin away. But he had her in his grip. She was frozen in terror. Martin moved his face closer to Lennon's until he was only inches away.

"Dirty girl." He said softly still licking his lips. Lennon could smell the beer on his breath and it made her gag. She closed her eyes and let the panic take over.

SMASH! Was all that they heard. Marge flew down to the floor, looking frantically all over the place for the source of the sound.

Martin whirled around to see one of his beer bottles come flying from its spot on the table at his face. He ducked down just in time and the bottle hit Lennon in her head, shattering and knocking her to the floor. A low groan escaped Lennon's lips.

"What the hell was that" he screamed turning around, panic and shock clearly shown on his face. Seconds later another bottle flew from its spot on the table and hit the wall closest to Martin.

Marge started screaming loudly, and Lennon could hear the terror in her voice. Glass was laying everywhere on the floor of the dinning room.

Smash! Went another bottle as it hit the wall on the opposite side of them.

"What the f**k is going on!" Martin screamed while crawling into a ball trying to protect his face from the sheets of glass that kept raining down on him from bottle after bottle that flew from the table and hit onto the wall beside him.

Lennon turned onto her stomach and started crawling for the hallway glass tearing into her hands and knees.

"Where the hell are you going?" Martin screamed, grabbing onto Lennon's leg. Another bottle came flying at Martin, this time connecting with the back of his head, he screamed out in pain and let go of Lennon's leg.

She tried to stand up but fell back down. She was so dizzy, the bottle that hit her had gashed open her head, and blood ran down into her eyes, making it almost impossible for her to see, so she crawled down the hallway making her way slowly down to the back door.

Blood dripped from her face and onto the floor, and she could still hear the occasional glass bottle hitting the wall in the kitchen.

She heard Marge's shrill scream from under the dining room table. "It's her! They warned us about her. Now look what happened!"

Martin let out another long scream from the room to the end of the hallway, then she heard the thud thud thud of him crawling out of the way of the bottle missiles.

"I'm gonna get you, you little b***h!" He screamed from the end of the hall, she turned to see him crawling in her direction a smile creeping across his lips to where she could see the blood covering his teeth.

"Oh daddies gonna get you" he laughed as he started to get up from his crawl, he was in a crouched tiger position and it scared Lennon to the point to where she pushed back her dizziness and tried to get up to run.

She made it to the back door and opened it up and started to run, WHACK! Was the sound her head made as she fell missing the first steps and her head made connection with the concrete.

That was it, she was stuck, she couldn't get up to run. She dug her fingers into the ground on the edge of the concrete and pulled herself further into the yard. She heard the backdoor swing open and hit the back of the house.

She turned to see Martin standing in the door frame. A wild hysterical smile was plastered across his face. He stepped down from the steps and looked down at Lennon with craziness in his eyes.

He reached to the side of the house and grabbed a shovel that was standing against the wall.

Lennon let out a scream and attempted to crawl further into the yard, but Martin sat the shovel onto her back, she whirled over grabbing wildly for the shovel.

Martin pushed it down hard onto her stomach and she winced in pain.

"You think you can come into my house, MY HOUSE! And do some voodoo s**t on me!?" He screamed at her, his eyes still wide and menacing He raised the shovel above his head and smiled down at her.

Lennon put her hands over her face and shut her eyes tightly silently sobbing to herself.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson you will never forget." Martin said laughing.

Then Lennon heard a Woooooooooooooosh sound, and felt air rushing over her, followed by a scream from Martin, and then a sick bone breaking thudding sound.

Lennon slowly opened her eyes. All she could see was a blur of tears and blood.

She wiped her eyes clear and looked up where Martin had been standing over her with the shovel and looked up into a beautiful pink and orange sky as the sun was now setting.

She was confused, what had just happened? She looked towards the house, and saw the backdoor still standing open.

She looked to her left and saw Martin laying in a crumpled twisted way that no person should ever be in, his eyes wide open blood trickled from his nose, the shovel still in his hand.

Lennon rolled over to her right side, gasping for air. She looked at the chain length fence that separated her yard from the next houses.

She saw Ede standing in her back yard and Lennon gasped. Ede was standing at the edge of the fence, facing Lennon, her eyes shut, her arms outstretched and her pals facing out towards Lennon as if she were in a trance.

"What, whats going on?" Lennon asked softly. Ede's eyes shot open, and she jumped the fence and ran to Lennon's side. "Holy chap Lennon, are you OK?" Ede screamed as she knelled down and started to help Lennon to her feet.

She pushed Ede's hand away and brought her hands to her face and screamed, "What is going on? Is Martin, is he..." Her voice trailed off. Ede came and grabbed her hands.

"We have to get you to a hospital Lennon." Ede said with a concerned look on her face.

"Not until you tell me what happened." Lennon screamed. Ede shook her head and looked down at her hands.

"He was going to kill you Lennon. I had to." She said. "Had to what Ede?" Lennon said softly putting her hands to her mouth.

"I had to do it, Lennon, I had to stop him." was all she said.


FLASHBACK:
Lennon opened her eyes to find herself in a very outdated, eighties type living room. Where am I she thought to herself.

She was laying on a couch that had brown and orange patterns, that resembled leaves that had fallen on the ground. She had on black leather Mary Jane shoes, and her feet looked tiny, almost child like.

"What the hell?" Lennon said while looking at her legs and what she could see of her torso and chest.

She had on a light blue dress that buttoned on both sides of her shoulders, on the dress there was a baby doll looking little girl, holding a blanket and sucking her thumb.

"Lennon, where on earth did you hear such a word!" Said a man who was sitting on a matching printed leaf chair, with a newspaper in his hand and a pipe in his mouth.

He wore a green knit vest over a white button down dress shirt, and gray slacks. He looked Lennon in the face, and took the pipe out of his mouth while setting the news paper down on the table beside him.

"Now Lennon, you know your mother and I haven't taught you to speak like that, so where did you learn that kind of language from?" The man said, getting up from his chair and coming over to the couch beside Lennon and scooped her up and set her on his lap.

What is going on Lennon thought to herself. Who is this man, and what is he talking about? That bottle must have did more damage than I thought she said reaching up and touching the spot that moments ago, had been cut open and bleeding.

Then she saw her hands. They were tiny, like a child's Lennon gasped out loud. "Honey are you OK?" Said the man turning Lennon around in his lap to face him.

He was the most handsome man that she had ever seen. He had blonde hair, like her own, and blue eyes.

He had a blonde colored beard that sort of made him look like a woodcutter, but it was trimed and well groomed, it suited him.

Lennon looked in his eyes and felt herself getting lost in them. She felt all of her worries and problems go away, the nightmare of the past week slowly drifting into nonexistence Lennon smiled at the handsome man, for the first time in her entire life, she felt safe, and where she needed to be.

"Daddy loves you." The man said while putting his arms around Lennon and gently kissing her forehead, his beard making Lennon giggle slightly.

"Daddy isn't mad at you for using those words, he is just disappointed. So please don't say that again." He said pulling away from her and looking more seriously into her face.

"Yes daddy." Lennon said without thinking. It had come out so naturally, and easily like it was right. "Good girl," he said hugging her once more, "now go wash up for dinner, Mommy will be finished soon." He said setting her down in a standing position on the brown thick carpet.

Lennon turned and started walking down the hallway, as if she some how knew where she were going. She walked down a long hallway, pictures hung on almost every square inch of the walls.

Pictures of a beautiful little girl with blond hair and blue eyes, and pictures of a couple, some by themselves and some with the little girl in them.

Lennon turned into the first room that was on the left. She walked in and stood on her tipsy toes and turned on the light to the bathroom.

When the light turned on Lennon froze where she was standing. She stared at the reflection that she was seeing in the mirror. It was that of the little girl from the pictures in the hallway.

What is going on she thought to herself. She got as close to the mirror as she could, examining the small girl who stared back at her.

She looked at the two long pig tails that were in the girls hair. She had white blonde hair, and it was long and beautiful.

She looked and saw that she had the same color eyes as she had, and as that of the man who called himself daddy. Had she been dreaming of herself as a child?

Everything seemed strangely familiar to her, but she still seemed lost and confused all at the same time.

This must be a dream she said to herself, or maybe that bottle did some damage when it hit me in the head.

She decided to test her theory. She looked under the sink. Nothing. She looked in the drawers beside the cabinet and saw them.

They had a black handle, and long silver teeth. She shivered as she touched the cold metal of the scissors. She held them in front of her face, eyes wide with the size of them.

She placed her hand on the counter, and started to press the pointed end of the scissors to her skin.

She screamed as the sharp metal pierced her skin and blood started to pour from her hand. That pain was real, she thought as she looked at the reflection in horror and confusion.

A woman appeared at the door to the bathroom and looked at Lennon with unamusement in her face.

Lennon's heart sank as she looked the woman in the face and her mouth dropped open. Out of all the memories that Lennon had of her childhood, her mothers face choking back smoke was the only thing she remembered.

She flew to the woman and threw her arms around her waste. The woman pushed her away suddenly and looked down at her pants, which now had blood on the leg.

"Really Lennon, can we not leave you alone for five minutes without you getting hurt or making a mess" her mother shouted while standing at the sink, trying to get the blood out of her pants.

She threw her hands up in the air and turned to walk back down the hall to the kitchen. Lennon stood in the bathroom in shock, her hand still dripping blood.

That hadn't gone at all how she imagined it would. She walked over to the sink and rinsed her hand off and wrapped it in a washcloth that was sitting beside the sink.

She started to head back down the hall towards the kitchen when she heard screaming.

"I don't understand whats happening to you!" Shouted her father. "Its like I don't even know who you are anymore." He said with a pleading in his voice.

Lennon stopped short of the kitchens entrance, and stood in the doorway, holding her washcloth and watching her mother and father fight.

"Maybe you never knew me at all." Her mother said standing over the food she was preparing on the stove, then turned to face Lennon's father, she shoved the spoon she had been stirring the pot with into his face, stopping only inches from his cheek.

"You are just jealous. Jealous of what I can do now!" She screamed, her eyes looked wild and hysterical. Her fathers face slacked, he formed a sympathetic look across his face.

"But at what cost." His voice was low, almost a whisper.

Lennon felt her anxiety starting to build. She reached up for a strand of her pig tail and started to tug on it nervously. "Just think about your family."

Her father pleaded reaching for her mothers arm. "What family?" She screamed, "you call this a life? Pretending to be something were not!"

She pulled away from her husband and walked over to the sink and threw the spoon into it. "I'm not going to let you hold me back anymore Micheal." She said turning to face her husband.

"We can have whatever we want now!" She said a little calmer, but with a look of confusion on her face, as if she didn't understand why her husband didn't get what she was saying.

Lennon's fathers face went hard, his eyes narrowed. Lennon felt her anxiety starting to get into control. What were they talking about?

Why was she having this memory or whatever it was. She knew what was about to happen. She had replayed this scene over and over in her head many times, since it was the only memory she had.

Her father looked at her mother, "Your evil if you think you can use your control for just whatever you want Julia!" He said.

"I wont allow you to do it, and I wont allow you to do it in front of our daughter!" He screamed taking a step towards her. "Just try and stop me." Her mother said with a smile that can only be explained as pure evil.

At that moment smoke started to fill up the kitchen. Micheal looked around frantically for the source of where it was coming from.

Julia had a puzzled look on her face, as she turned towards the stove and started pressing knobs, trying to turn off the source of heat causing the smoke.

She looked puzzled at the stove and then slowly looked up and towards the direction of Lennon.

Lennon was lost in her anxiety over her parents fighting. Her eyes were closed tightly and her hands now were over her ears.

Julia stared at Lennon with puzzlement and then with recognition, as if something had snapped into place in her mind. Micheal looked at Julia and then back at Lennon, as he then realized what was going on.

Smoke was now completely clouding the kitchen area, one could barely see the other. "No freaking way." Julia said with a perplexed look across her face.

The stove caught on fire, making Lennon's mother jump back startled. Every one of the four burners had fire shooting from the tops of them.

Fire quickly jumped from the stove to the counter tops of the kitchen. Julia screamed as flames lept for her arm, and then the fire engulfed her mother.

Lennon's father looked from his wife, then back to Lennon who still stood with her hands over her ears and her eyes closed.

Micheal closed his eyes, put his hands out and pushed Lennon with his power. She flew through the living room and out the front window and was knocked unconscious as her head hit the ground.

Right after that, the gas from the stove met the fire from the kitchen, the house blew up. Windows shattered, wood flew everywhere.

Lennon's house began to rain down around her while she lay in the front yard, it rained down memories, secrets and smoke.

SAFE:
She woke up to the ringing of a cell phone. "I'm sorry" said a female voice, "I forgot to put it on silent."

Lennon opened her eyes and all she could see was a bright shinning light above her, she lifted her arm to shield her eyes from the light and a sharp pain shot up from the inner part of her arm.

She let out a low moan as her eyes began to focus, she could now see that she was laying in a hospital bed, an IV was in her arm and she felt her head pound with pain with ever beat of her heart.

She looked at the visitor that was sitting in her room, and recognized that it was her social worker, Ms. Robinson, who had been her worker since she had first been in the system, around the age of seven.

The nurse that was also in the room came over to the bed and checked on Lennon's vital signs. "Our little patient is finally waking up I see." Said the nurse as she smiled down at Lennon.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked looking pathetically at her, checking her bandaged head. "Some water would be nice," Lennon said dryly, she felt like she hadn't had anything to drink in days.

The nurse smiled and nodded, she grabbed a plastic cup from a cabinet and brought the glass over to her after filling it with water from the sink. Lennon choked on the water as she tried to drink it too fast.

Ms. Robinson had walked up and taken a place standing beside the hospital bed. "Hello Lennon, how are you feeling?" She asked with no real emotion behind it.

"Like I got hit in the face with a glass bottle" Lennon responded sarcastically.

"I'm sorry about your accident, but I have a few questions if you feel up to it" Ms. Robinson asked opening up the folder that she held in her hands without waiting for Lennon to respond.

She pulled a pen from her purse and started writing down information before she started to speak.

"Why did you throw a bottle at Mr. Bardwell?" She asked Lennon while looking up sternly placing her pen down.

"What?" Lennon asked trying to sit up in her bed. "I've spoken with Mr. and Mrs. Bardwell and they both told me that you started throwing bottles at Mr. Martin after he questioned you about skipping school."

Lennon looked confused at the woman standing in front of her. "What all did he say happened?!" She spat at her social worker, while holding back tears.

"Well, I spoke thoroughly with your foster parents..." Ms. Robinson said while looking back down at her paperwork.

"You know, I think the fact that he tried to kill me, makes it safe to say that they are no longer my foster parents." Lennon said looking puzzled at her social worker.

"Well," Ms. Robinson said, "There will be an investigation, held by the police and by the social services department before any decision is made."

"I won't go back." Lennon said as seriously as she could, looking Ms. Robinson in the eyes and gritting her teeth, "If I go back there, he's going to kill me." Ms. Robinson looked apologetically at Lennon, then said.

"Do you think you might be over exaggerating a bit?" Lennon's eyes widened and looked at Ms. Robinson, "If you send me back, I will run away." She said looking as serious as she sounded. "I will never go back there."

"Well, for the time being you don't have too. You will be put into the temporary custody of Ms. Fitzsimmons, but Lennon, understand that this is only temporary, at least until the investigation is complete.

I can see that you are upset, so I will just finish the questions whenever you feel up to it, okay?" She said with an apologetic look on her face.

"Wait, Ms. Fitzsimmons? Who is that? You can't just move me whenever you want, are you sure these people are trustworthy? I mean look what happened with the last family!" Lennon asked questioningly.

Just then the door to her hospital room flew open and Spencer came barreling in with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey! You're awake! Finally! I thought you were going to be sleeping for forever!" She said carrying a bag containing fast food from what Lennon could see from the recognizable logo.

"Oh my god you're a life saver! I will kill someone for one of those French fries!" Lennon said smiling. An older woman came into the room as well, she had to be Spencer and Ede's mother, because she looked exactly like the both of them.

Spencer smiled and looked over at the woman and waved for her to come over to the bed. "Momma, come meet Lennon." Spencer said warmly.

"Momma, this is Lennon, Lennon, this is momma Laura." She said smiling. "Just call me Momma Fitzsimmons." She said touching Lennon's shoulder in a motherly way.

Wait did she say Fitzsimmons? As in the woman who would be housing her? Lennon's eyes lit up when she heard the womans name and understood what was going on.

She felt the flush of excitement wash over her and she felt her lips turn up into a large smile. "Really?! Wait? You guy's are gonna let me come and stay with you?" Lennon screamed with excitement.

Spencer looked at the social worker that was busily trying to get all of her papers in order and back into the manilla folder and shot her a pissed off look.

"You told her already? I wanted to tell her" she said with a look of disappointment on her face.

"Yes, I felt it would be best if I told her, she was getting stressed about thinking she had to go back to live with the Bardwell's." Ms. Robinson said not looking up for her work of rearranging her papers.

"Those loonies need to be in the bin where they belong." Spencer said looking at the ground and not making eye contact with Lennon.

Lennon was lost in her train of thought, with the flashbacks of the fear that went through her from the night before, remembering the blood and tears.

"Well, she wont have anything to worry about for a while" said Ms. Fitzsimmons, brushing a strand of Lennon's hair away from her face, looking sympathetically at Lennon.

"The thing is, she's safe now. That is all that matters." She said putting her hand under Lennon's chin and lifting her face, looking Lennon in the eyes as she spoke to her, as if silently reassuring her.

"Yeah," Lennon spoke softly smiling back, "safe." She said out loud, as if she was trying to reassure herself.

FAMILY:
Lennon waited outside of the hospital for Momma Laura to pull the minivan around to pick her up.

Spencer flung open the side door and had a grin on her face that went from ear to ear. She was obviously very excited about the fact that Lennon was going to be staying with them.

It had been the longest two days of Lennon's life, having to stay in the hospital for observations. Whoever knew that head injuries were taken so seriously.

But none the less, she bit her tongue and dealt with it. Ms. Robinson and Momma Laura had made all the moving arrangements and got all the packing and unpacking done already, all while Lennon was laid up in a hospital bed, cut off from the world.

Not that she had a lot of things to do, but Lennon just wasn't used to people doing so much for her, she had always had to take care of herself.

She had remembered to request that Ms. Robinson get her pre-paid cell phone back from Marge.

Not that she had many numbers in it of importance, but it made her feel responsible knowing that she had a phone and that she took care of paying for the bill, it gave her a sense of adulthood with responsibilities.

She smiled at Spencer as she loaded up into the van, Ms. Laura looked back over her shoulder to the two girls and smiled while saying "Seat belts ladies!"

Lennon had a puzzled look on her face and sat quietly before Spencer noticed it and looked questionably at her. "What's bugging you?"

"Just sort of wondering where Ede is, I haven't really seen her since she saved me."

Spencer looked at the front where her mom was sitting, Lennon could see Ms. Laura shooting Spencer a look from the rear view mirror, as if she was telling her quietly something that seemed important.

"Ede went to stay with her father for a few days." Was all that Ms. Laura said. "She will be back sometime tomorrow."

"Oh, well did she happen to mention what happened?" Lennon said, narrowing her eyes and looking suspiciously from Spencer then back to Ms. Laura.

"She told us that she saw Martin trying to hit you with a shovel." Spencer said almost in a whisper, she was looking down and seemed very upset.

"She jumped the fence and tackle Martin" Ms. Laura said abruptly, as if finishing the sentence for Spencer.

Lennon knew from the reactions of Spencer and Ms. Laura that there was something weird going on, something that they didn't entirely want to tell Lennon, so she decided to drop it. She ended the conversation with "I'm just lucky she was there."

They stopped at a grocery store called Carter's right on the outskirts of town and all piled out.

Spencer's mood had seemed to brighten up a bit and they laughed and joked while walking into the store. Ms. Laura grabbed a buggy and turned to the girls.

"Okay, I have dibs on Sunday, what day do you girls have?" Lennon looked confused and just stood beside Spencer quietly.

"Oh! I want Wednesday, I am going to cook for the season premier of Glee! Oh my god I can hardly wait, its gonna be so bad a*s!" Spencer said in an almost scream, apparently whatever Glee was, it was pretty awesome, at least in the way that Spencer was getting excited over it.

"I'm lost." Lennon said looking at Spencer in a way that can only be described as, weird. "Oh goodness child, I'm sorry, here we are rattling on assuming you know about weekly meal menu's" Said Ms. Laura with a smile.

"Spencer explain it to her while I get what I need for Sunday dinner. Stay close girls." She said while turning to push the buggy and look at a list that she had taken from her purse.

"Okay, so here is the deal. Mom let's us all get to pick a night of the week to cook whatever we want. We have to cook it as a family, and we have to sit down and eat as a family, its all up to the choice of the chef for the night.

My night is gonna be a Pizza night and were gonna all sit around the TV in the den and eat and watch Glee."

Lennon felt her stomach start to churn, she had never had to cook a meal that people other than herself were going to have to eat. For all she knew, she couldn't even boil water.

She thought it was amazing though that as a family they were trying to include her, to make her feel at home, to make her feel, safe.

She felt a smile creep to her cheeks. She really was going to like living with the Fitzsimmon's.

"So, any idea what night you want and what you would want to cook?" Spencer said looking at Lennon. "Um, what day is Ede going to want, I don't want to offend her." Lennon said.

"Ede normally takes Friday's, but that's only because she likes to watch the law and order marathon's that come on after school. And normally mom would change the channel, so she see's that as a opening opportunity." Spencer said with a laugh.

"She normally cooks a macaroni and cheese with rotel that is really good. I blame her for my spare tire I have around my waste. And Kirhsten usually will take a Monday or Tuesday, because those are the nights that her mom works the graveyard shift, so she normally sleeps over those nights."

"Oh, so is like Kirhsten and Ede..." Lennon let her voice sort of trail off, in hopes that Spencer would get where she was going. "Oh god no," Spencer said with a loud bark of a laugh.

"That's a good one, but no. Kirhsten is not into that kind of stuff. She likes boys. She just is Ede's best friend. You can understand that right? I mean that's like someone assuming that you and Ede are a pair just because you guys hang out." Spencer said with a snort.

"Yeah you're right, that was sort of lame of me to say." Lennon said looking down. "Nah, its cool, its a normal kind of thing ya know."

They walked up and down isle after isle, Ms. Laura doing most of the grabbing of things. Every now and then Spencer would grab something and chunk it into the basket.

Ms. Laura turned around and looked at Lennon with a smile before asking, "Did you decide what day you wanted honey? And maybe an idea of what you would want to prepare? I mean if you don't want to do it I can totally understand. We are sort of throwing you into the lions den head first."

Lennon thought for a second then answered, "I think I will take Thursday, and how about a casserole" She said with a not so sure smile. Ms. Laura's smile that she had across her face was approving to what Lennon had just said.

"I am so glad that someone is picking something other than pasta, I swear these girls eat so much noodles that I am surprised that they haven't turned into one!" She said with a smile, "Well let us get what it is you need. Do you know what goes in it?" She said looking back at Lennon.

"Cream of chicken, chicken breast, cooking wine, onions, whipping cream and rice." Lennon said without even having to think.

It was something that her and her mother had made all the time when she was little. And it had always been her favorite meal.

"Well you seem very familiar with it, I am sure it is going to be delicious." She said walking down another isle. They did the rest of their shopping in quiet.

Except for the part where Spencer had a nervous breakdown on the chip isle when they didn't not have her favorite kind, buffalo wing flavor, it was quite amusing to Lennon, seeing someone get so upset over buffalo wing flavored chips.

She enjoyed being part of the Fitzsimmons family. They made her feel welcome, one of them.

A lot of things went through Lennon's mind on their way to the Fitzsimmons home. What if Martin tries to do something to Lennon? Would he?

He almost killed her with a shovel so why not try and climb through a window of the house, or even kick the front door in.

Her mind flew in a frenzy of thoughts that went anywhere from Martin being a sniper, to plating bombs in the bushes, to him jumping out on her way to school.

Once Lennon's mind started to wonder, there was no stopping it. Then something else occurred to her. Why did Ede go away right after the incident?

And from what Lennon remembered, Edge hadn't jumped the fence until after Martin had flown off from on top of her.

In fact, she was sure of it. She was also sure of the fact that something had happened.

Something that Lennon didn't understand. How, Ede had done it. She suddenly remembered something else.

The flashback or dream, whatever she had had of her as a child and her parents, her father had put his hands out and pushed her with his will or mind, the same way Ede had.

Nothing was making sense to her, but she knew that somehow there was a connection between what her father did and what Ede had done. Maybe you're going crazy Lennon, she thought to herself.

LOUISIANA:
She winced as she passed the Louisiana State welcome sign. She never thought she would be coming back to this place.

The place she considered as hell. She strummed her fingers along the black leather of her steering wheel. She reached over and turned off the radio.

She took the next available exit off of the interstate and pulled into a large truck stop gas station taking a handicap spot right in front of the entrance.

She opened her car door and stepped out, she stood there for moments basking in the beauty of her black Cadillac CTS.

She slid her finger slowly down the side of the car surveying it's flawless features.

She heard a loud sharp whistle from behind her and when she turned around to find where the sound came from she saw a small group of scruffy looking truck drivers standing in front of her car.

She took a cigarette out of a fancy cigarette case that she had inside of her clutch and started walking slowly towards the group of men.

"You boys wouldn't happen to have the light now would you?" She asked slyly and flirtatious to the men. The group busily dug into their pockets searching for a lighter.

She leaned against the hood of her car brushing her long hair over her shoulder flirtatiously and smiled as one of the men leaned forward and lit the cigarette which sat in her red full lips.

The scruffy looking man eyed the girl up and down with satisfaction at what he was seeing. The girl chuckled to herself inhaling the poisonous smoke and blowing it out through smiling lips.

She was used to this type of attention from men. The girl had learned at a very young age that her looks could get her anything she wanted, but having the power to control anyone around her, that couldn't hurt either.

She was tall, and standing at almost 6 foot with legs that seemed to go on for days, she was always an eyecatcher.

She was thin, and she was very well toned, curvy everywhere it counted. She had jet black hair and went straight down her back and ended right before it reached her curvy hips.

It was layered and it hung loosely accenting her face. Her skin was a light mocha color, which made her look exotic to most people, like her skin had been kissed by the sun.

Her lips were a deep natural red and were full. She was a beauty all around, but the most striking feature that she had where her eyes.

They were large and they were light blue in color like the sky on a clear summers day, and along with being beautiful it also held her strongest power, along with being breathtaking in itself if someone looked into them, she could make them do anything she wanted.

Anyone unless they were as equally powerful, that is, would be in total control of her.

"So honey, what is a little peach like you doing in this mud hole?" The trucker who had lit her cigarette asked, while leaning against her car the other men there had gotten bored, and had begun to wonder off by this time.

"Oh I'm just passing through sugar" she said still puffing on her cigarette carefully keeping an eye on the brave trucker who seemed to lean closer every second.

" Well what's your name sunshine?" He asked still looking at her greedily. "Jewels." She said while batting her eyes, she looked down at the hand he had put on the hood of her car, and examined the wedding ring he wore on his left ring finger.

" My goodness, what would your wife say if she knew you were flirting with little old me?" She asked cockily staring the man in his eyes.

He smiled slyly never taking his eyes off of hers. He suddenly felt relaxed, almost paralyzed, he tried to speak but couldn't.

He was lost in his own body, like he was in a labrynth of his own mind, and he just couldn't find the exit. Jewels smiled, taking one last puff of her cigarette and then removing it from her lips, tapping the ashes away with your fingers.

In just that second when their eyes had met she had gained total control over his body and mind, no matter where he went or what he did she would always be able to refer back to his brain and control it if she needed, and he would never know or remember.

She looked at the hand of the trucker that still sat on the hood of her car, and a sly smile crept across her face. " You know what I want you to do for me?" She asked him, continuing, knowing he wouldn't be able to respond.

" I want you to call your wife and tell her just how much of the dirt bag that you are, tell her everything you do while in the road, which I can guess is an earful."

"Tell her she deserves better and tell her she can have all the money that's in the bank account, keep the house and all of your possessions."

"And never ever go back to her, you will live in your truck for the rest of your life and be a hopeless, worthless man." She said rolling her eyes, she took the cigarette that still remained in her hands, and started to bring it down onto the man's hand.

They were interrupted by a loud long honk from a car horn, and with that the line of concentration had been broke.

The truck driver reached for his head and shook it as if he had water in his ears and were trying to shake it out.

He looked at Jewels with a confused look and asked, " I'm sorry, did you ask me something?" With an unfamiliar looking in his eyes as if everything that it just happened, had been forgotten.

"No" Jewels responded. " I need to call my wife" he said while turning to walk away. Jewels had a look of satisfaction on her face when she was suddenly startled by another long honk of a car.

She almost fell over when she lost her balance, but she quickly regained it by grabbing onto the side of the car.

She was relieved at this because she was wearing a blue jean miniskirt and that would have exposed her bottom to everyone in the parking lot.

She stood up and straightened her black and gray fitted shirt that resembled a baseball jersey, then shot a glaring look in the direction to where the car horn was coming from.

A maroon PT cruiser was sitting behind her car and an older woman sat behind the wheel, her face red, and she shook her finger as she yelled at Jewels.

She narrowed her eyes at the woman and smiled wickedly, she started to walk towards the car, brushing her hair over her shoulder and as she approached the vehicle the woman rolled her window down and glared at Jewels.

" Is there a problem granny?" Jewels said smiling and she leaned onto the car's driver door. The woman's face flashed with anger as she screamed at Jewels while flailing her hands wildly, " you, you, you parked in the handicapped spot!"

"I've been waiting for 10 minutes for your bratty a*s to move! You don't have a handicap sign on your license plate, and I bet you're not even handicap!" The woman stuttered with anger.

Jewels narrowed her eyes, and look closely at the elder woman. " Do you live around here?" She asked the woman with a smile on her face, the elder woman had a look of confusion then she started to shake with anger, " look here you crazy son of a..."

The woman's voice trailed off once she had looked the girl and her eyes.

Jewels then leaned down, resting both of her arms onto the drivers window, then bringing her finger to her lips, in a hushing movement to the woman.

By then the woman was so far in a trance, she didn't notice anything that was going on around her, she just sat quietly in the driver seat her eyes with the deep lost look in them staring blankly ahead.

Jewels then walked around the car and open the passenger side door and sat in the seat beside the driver.

"Find a parking spot and park the car." Jewels said as she took the woman's purse from the floor board and started going through it until she found the woman's wallet, she then opened it up and looked through the wallet until she found the woman's identification card.

" Okay, Ruthie, are you a local, do you live alone?" She asked the woman while still looking at the wallet. "Yes," Ruthie answered without speaking, only thinking the response, her eyes still staring straight ahead at nothing.

" Any close family, relatives, neighbors, anyone that you speak with regularly?" Jewels continued still looking at Ruthie's drivers license. "No." Ruthie answered.

"This is taking too long" Jewels said rolling her eyes and then extending her arm touching Ruthie's hand. Almost immediately Jewels brought her hand up to her face as if she felt a sharp pain in her head, she then brought her hand to her nose as it started bleeding.

" Oh my god I hate that no matter how many times it happens I will never get used to that s**t!" Jewels said with an annoyance in her voice. Something every person like her could do was read minds.

Some of them could do it with touch, and some only had to be within a few feet to do it. Jewels had other talents that went along with telepathy and mind control, in the course of her time she had accumulated over 50 different skills.

She had gotten them all from others like her. But there was only one way to take a power away from someone, and if there was a power she wanted she would go to any extent to get it.

Jewels exited the car and started walking back to her Cadillac. She stopped short and looked at the traffic that was busily passing beside the road that connected to the truckstop, and then she turned and faced the PT cruiser while smiling.

She talked the words out in her mind exactly what she wanted Ruthie to do as if speaking directly to her but with her mind.

She then spun back around and got into a car. She looked in the rear view mirror and watched as Ruthie's car pulled out of its parking spot and headed towards the exit of the truck stop.

There are quite a few 18 wheelers passing along with the normal busy traffic from the town, making the truck entrance type of busy intersection.

Ruthie's car never slowed down as it approached the exit. A speeding 18 wheeler never saw the tiny car approaching.

As the sound of metal against metal arose from the parking lot, Jewels started her car and backed out of her parking spot.

She drove around to the side other exit turning up the radio and singing along to a song, she smiled and she took one last look at the now major pileup of destruction she had caused.

She started on her way to even more destruction and pain than anyone could ever imagine.

WELCOME HOME:
Lennon closed her eyes and steadied her breathing as Ms. Laura pulled into the road that would take them to their house.

She felt her chest getting heavy and her breathing started to quicken. The memories, or nightmares came flooding back into her head the closer to her former foster home they got.

How weird was it going to be living right next door to her nightmare? What if Martin decided that he wanted to finish what he started?

Or maybe he would want to shut her up for what she told the police. Ms. Robinson had told them that no charges have been pressed as of yet, so the fact that she would possibly have to see him on a regular basis made her skin crawl.

As they pulled in front of the large Victorian-style house Lennon's heart skipped a beat. She would always stop at her former houses gate and stare at the neighboring home.

It had a white picket fence wrapped around the front of the property and the chain link fence that circled the rear.

The house was a white and light green in color and there was two stories in height. There was a wraparound porch with tall white columns and a few white rocking chairs and swings.

And on the top story was a beautiful balcony that had flowerbeds that circled it and the yard was kept up perfectly with multicolored flowers all around the yard.

Spencer jumped out of the van and pointed to the balcony on the top floor and said, "That's your room."

"Oh wow, am I sharing a room with you?" Lennon asked staring up at the balcony in awe. "Um no, no offense but I need my privacy." Spencer said in a joking manner.

" Oh um, so I'm sharing a room with..." Lennon trailed off, but Spencer stopped her and interrupted with "Ew no, that would just be weird.

I mean she already talks about you all the time as is, what if she saw you naked or something? I would never hear the end of it then."

Spencer rolled her eyes and grabbed the grocery bags from the trunk. Lennon helped as well and they all proceeded up the walkway to the house when a voice came from over the fence.

"Well well well, if it isn't little Miss Betty homewrecker." Came Hartley's voice from over the fence. Spencer and Lennon stopped short and looked over at Hartley.

Ms. Laura had already gone inside the house and left the groceries to be brought in by the girls. The girls saw another figure beside Hartley.

It was Jenny. The two girls had creepy smiles on their faces. Spencer smirked at the girls, "What do you want skankers?" She asked the two girls.

"At least people want to sleep with us." Jenny said while playing with her hair. Girls can be so cady Lennon thought to herself.

Spencer and Lennon both turned and started walking back towards the house. " I'll catch you later Lennon" Hartley said giving Lennon a go to hell look.

Both girls turned and disappeared into the house, plotting their revenge on Lennon. This was only going to be the beginning.

PUZZLE PIECES:
Lennon woke to the light shunning into her face. She hadn't remember the last time she had slept that well through the night.

She sat up in her large over sized be and stared at her new room. It still felt weird to actually have her very own room.

It was a large room in size. There were three wooden white doors that led to different rooms. The door to the right led into Lennon's barthroom.

She didn't think she would ever get used to not having to share a bathroom, and she would have to get out of the habit of hiding her personal cleaning products. No one here would steal them, they wouldn't need too.

The door the the left led into Ede's bedroom, which reminded Lennon that she wanted to check out before Ede returned from her fathers.

The door to the front of the room led into the hallway which of course led to anywhere else within the house.

There were two large window's that were above the bed, and the double glass doors to the right of her bed led out to the balcony.

Her room was a dark red in color, with white pinstripes for accent. The floors were a dark cherry wood.

There was a large flat screen TV mounted onto the wall in the middle of the room, but Lennon hadn't watched TV in so long that she wouldn't know where to start.

Maybe she could start with whatever this glee show Spencer had talked about. There was a large cherry oak dresser beside her bed that matched the color of the floor, along with a computer desk with a desk top computer already sitting there.

Who did they have this room set up for? Lennon thought to herself. Everything looked like something Lennon would have picked out down to the color and decorations, if she had ever gotten to do such a thing.

Weird she thought to herself. It's like they knew I was going to be here, but that's just weird she thought as she shook the thought from her head.

She walked over to what was her closet like area. You couldn't exactly call it a closet considering there were no doors to it. It was just a large opening set back from the wall that you could walk into.

Lennon looked at the articles of clothing that lined the walls of the closet area, the bottom of the closet had two rows of shelves which was filled with shoes.

Lennon examined them and noticed they were all new. A puzzled look came across her face as she looked at the clothes that filled the small closet like room.

She saw that the same was with the clothing. They were all new. In fact she didn't see anything from what she had before in the closet.

All of the clothes and shoes were nicer than anything she had ever been able to afford or have bought for her from foster families, but like the room design, they also where everything that she herself would like to wear.

She was really getting weirded out by this point, but once again shook it off as coincidence. She picked a nice sun dress that was peach and yellow, and some light brown sandals.

After showering and pulling her long blonde hair back in a bun she headed down stairs to find where everyone was at.

She got to the bottom of the stairway when she heard voices coming from the kitchen. She stopped on the stairway and listened to what was being said.

She could hear Spencer, Momma Laura and Ede's voices, they seemed to be arguing.

"What in gods name did you think you were doing? You should have come and gotten me." Ms. Laura spoke sternly.

"I didn't have time to think, only act. You would have done the same thing in my shoes! Why didn't you see this coming? You saw everything else." Ede's voice replied with hesitation.

"You of all people know the visions don't work like that Erica." Ms. Laura said in a heated way. Lennon could tell she was getting upset. Why did she call her Erica? I bet that was her real name and Ede was just a nickname she thought to herself.

"Slow your roll mom. I mean she did save her life and all, but don't start getting a big head or anything." Spencer spoke up.

Lennon smiled, she could tell Spencer was was rolling her eyes, even if she couldn't see her. She was getting used to being around her that she could sense the sarcasticness in her voice.

"We have company." Ede spoke. Spencer came around the corner of the kitchen entrance and met Lennon with a smile.

"Good morning sunshine!" She said with excitement. "Come have some breakfast honey." Ms. Laura spoke up from the kitchen.

Spencer and her walked into the kitchen and sat down at the pub sinning table that sat right in the middle of the kitchen. She could smell pancakes and syrup, which was her favorite.

"We made your favorite." Spencer said while sitting a glass of Orange juice in front of Lennon plate. "How did you know that's my favorite?" Lennon asked with a puzzled look on her face.

Ms. Laura shot a warning glance in Spencer's direction. "You said so at the grocery store yesterday.

" Spencer replied quickly shooting Lennon a guilty smile. "I don't remember..." Ms. Laura interrupted her before she could finish her statement. "How did you sleep? Did you like the room set up?"

"It was great, I mean everything in the room seemed like it was all picked out for me. It's weird, how did you get everything done so fast?" Lennon asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"We had most of it just lying around." Ms. Laura said without looking up from her cooking. "Well thank you. Everything is perfect. Where is Ede? I thought I heard her voice." Lennon asked.

"Hurry and finish your breakfast." Ms. Laura said placing the plate or tower to say of pancakes in front of her. What was going on Lennon asked herself.

And why was Ede avoiding her? She sat the rest of her time at the table in silence, trying to put together the puzzle pieces of her new home.

BAZERIFIC:
Baze turned down the block that the address he had taken from his fathers office said to go.

He never was good at following directions. There were some perks to having your dad as the school principle he thought to himself.

When he heard the different stories that were circulating around school he wasn't sure what to think of it at first.

The first story he heard was that Lennon was sleeping with her foster father and her foster mom beat her up when she had found out.

The second story he heard going around was that Martin had beat her up pretty badly over nothing.

And the last story he heard was something about a robber breaking in and beating everyone up, so he wasn't quite sure which to believe, if any.

He stopped in front of the house that had the address on it that matched the numbers on the paper in his hand.

He had been here before with Jenny. Hartley and Jenny had hung out a few times before when Jenny and him had dated.

"This at least will save me some trouble." He said with a smile on his face. It always made things difficult if he came to a house that he hadn't been too before.

He started to walk up the steps to the front porch when he heard someone calling his name. He turned around and looked toward the direction where he heard the voice calling his name.

He saw Lennon standing in the neighboring yard, a confused look on her face.

"Hey there stranger." Baze said with a big smile. "Apparently I can't even follow simple mapquest directions."

He said with embarrassment written all over his face. "What house are you looking for?" Came another voice from the yard.

He saw that a shorter girl was standing with Lennon in the neighboring yard. Baze walked around the fence and stopped at the front gate.

"Can I come in?" He said with a smile. "What is it you need?" Spencer said with hesitation in her voice. Lennon looked confusedly at Spencer and then in the direction of Baze.

Lennon went to say that he could come in when Spencer spoke up, "you might want to go talk to him out by the road. Momma's weird about people being over.

Just don't invite him in the yard or house okay. Mom can get a little carried away." Spencer shot Baze a weird look, then headed up to the house.

Baze had a disappointed look on his face as Lennon approached the gate entrance. "We can go sit on the front porch or something if you'd like." Baze said in a politly sympathetic voice.

"It's okay, I don't want to make Momma Laura upset." Lennon said while exiting the yard and sitting on the step that led onto the street.

"Right." Baze said sitting beside her, she could hear the disappointment in his voice. What was going on she thought to herself.

"So, where were you headed? Were you going to see Hartley?" Lennon asked looking puzzled at Baze.

She hadn't thought of it, but maybe they were friends. "No, I was coming to see you." Baze said with a smile.

"Don't be weirded out or anything. I got your address from my dads office." He said with a worried look. "Why would you want to come see me?" Lennon asked looking him in the face.

"Are you serious?" He asked with a laugh. Lennon put her hands up as if to say what in a questioning way. Her brow turned up as if confused.

"Wow. I really didn't think that I was hiding it that much." He said shaking his head and running a hand through his hair.

"Okay, I thought I was confused before. Now I'm definitely lost." Lennon said with irritation in her voice. "Just tell me what your talking about." She said while crossing her arms over her chest.

"I think your very interesting. I mean, I want to get to know you. Um, I'm just not used to girls who don't throw themselves at me, you know?" He said with nervousness, hoping that he wasn't offending her.

"Oh. I don't know what to say. Thank you, I guess." She said looking down at her feet, her face turning red.

Baze suddenly looked toward the house, his body suddenly became uneasy.

"Look, I have to run. Here's my number, call me if you need to talk, or want to just hang out." He said while scribbling his number down on the paper that he had been looking at to find his way to the house.

He looked toward the porch and scowled. Lennon turned and looked with confusion on her face following Baze's gaze. Ede was standing on the front porch. Her hands clenched into fist at her side.

Baze turned and walked off slowly not dropping the eye contact that Ede was returning. "Call me." He said from over his shoulder as he walked away.

Lennon looked back towards the porch. It was empty. Ede was no where to be seen.

BANK OF RUINS:
She turned her car into the first bank that she came upon. She pulled into a spot towards the front and took a long hard look at the large building in front of her.

She grabbed a large oversized suitcase like bag from the backseat, turned the car off and proceeded into the bank.

The lobby had about four or five people depositing money, and a few others talking to different people in their offices. There were three bankers that stood behind the counters. One of them bankers spoke up and asked.

"Can I help you with anything today mam?" The woman whose name tag said Kayla asked pleasantly. She took off her glasses and walked up to the counter.

"I'm here to make a withdrawal" she said taking off her dark sunglasses. "Yes mam. And can I see your drivers license and get your account number?" Kayla asked without looking away from her computer screen.

"I don't have either" the girl said in a low chuckle. Kayla looked at the girl with a confused look on her face.

"I'm sorry but we can't let you make a withdrawal without an ID. What is your name? I'll be able to write your account number down for you, so you will have it for the next time you come."

The girl had a sly smile across her face. "Jewls Everett." She said in a manner that seemed to be getting more irritated by the minute. Kayla stared at her computer screen.

After punching the name in. "I'm sorry Miss Everett, but we don't have a record of you having an account with us." "That's because I never said I did." Jewls said tilting her head to the side and giving the woman behind the counter a sly grin.

Kayla studied the woman's face not sure what to make of what she was saying.

She stared the woman trying to make a withdrawal in the eyes to see if maybe this was some type of joke. She heard Jewls voice inside her head, but her mouth wasn't moving.

She tried to say something but she couldn't. She couldn't move or even speak. Someone would think that a situation like that would freak someone out.

But that wasn't the case. She was relaxed, more than she had ever been in her life. Like nothing in the world mattered.

"Where do you keep the safety deposit boxes?" Jewls asked the bank teller. "Safe." Kayla replied. "Do you have the key or does someone else?" She asked.

"Someone else." She said. "Take me to them." Jewls said with agitation.

She followed Kayla to an office in the back of the bank. She walked straight in, not even knocking. An older man sat behind the desk looked up in a startled manner.

He removed his glasses and turned red with frustration written across his face. He looked from Kayla then at Jewls not understanding what was going on. Jewls walked in and shut the door behind them.

"Kayla, can I help you? Is something going on?" He said leaning forward onto his desk. "Is this who has the keys?" Jewls spoke through telepathy to Kayla.

"Yes." She replied. Jewls walked up to the side of the desk that the man was sitting at and sat on the edge of it. "Yes you can help me." Jewls said with a grin.

The man looked at her with confusion. She looked over at Kayla who was still standing by the door, staring blankly ahead at nothing. "Close the blinds." She thought to Kayla, who immediately started on the task.

"What is going on?" Said the man who could no longer hide the uneasiness in his voice.

Jewls looked into his eyes, and like Kayla he was immediately lost within Jewls thoughts and control. She touched the man's skin on his hand.

She let out a painful moan, and put a hand to her head. She showed the man what she wanted him to do in her thoughts, then instructed him to do and what she wanted.

After the touch she now knew the layout and everything she needed to know about the contents within the bank.

The man reached into the desk drawer and pulled out a set of keys, then headed out the door and through the bank to the safe.

They went into a small room in the back where lots of boxes lined all the walls from ceiling to floor.

Jewls looked at the safety deposit boxes and thought to the man, "close and lock the door." The man did as he was instructed.

Jewls placed her hand on the boxes and closed her eyes. She slowly walked down one side of the wall, then turned and walked down another.

She stopped almost to the end of the wall facing the door to the safe room, her eyes fluttering behind her eye lids as if seeing something, even though her eyes were closed.

She turned her head to the side as if confused. She then went back a step and went down to the third from the bottom box and stopped.

"This one. Open this one." She was so excited at this point that she was visibly shaking. The man walked over and opened the box.

"Empty its contents into this bag." She instructed him. After doing so she started to leave, grinning wickedly from ear to ear.

"No one may leave. Burn it to the ground." She instructed Kayla and the man. She left the bank and headed to her car.

Inside the bank the man walked over to the entrance doors and locked them, both with the dead bolt and with his keys.

Kayla exited the office and walked to the curtains that hung over the banks window's. She took the lighter from her pocket and set the curtains on fire. She walked around the entire bank lobby doing the same to them all.

Hysteria then started as the customers and bankers tried to use the doors to exit, but there was no way out.

Jewls watched from across the street where she had moved her car. She smoked a cigarette as the roof caved in and the bank fell to ruins.

She looked through the rear window at the bag that sat there. "I've been waiting for this day for ten years."

The smile that formed on her face would have sent chills down anyone's spine.

SECRETS DONT MAKE FRIENDS:
Lennon laid in the bathtub trying to figure out everything that was going on with everything around her. Why was Baze acting so weird today?

Why did Spencer and Ede act different as well. This week has been insane she thought to herself. After soaking for a while she decided it was time to get out, considering that her fingers and toes looked like prunes.

She went to her dresser and pulled out a purple spaghetti strap shirt and a pair of black shorts. She went to the mirror on her make-up counter and pulled her hair back.

She had been starting to feel weird the past couple of days, feeling sick to her stomach, constantly breaking out in hot flashes and migraines. She was hardly ever ill, so she wasn't sure what was going on with her body.

Ms. Laura said it was a lot to do with stress, and that she needed to relax and rest. Considering she would be going back to school next week she was taking the opportunity to be lazy as much as possible.

She now knew all about glee, thanks to Spencer who made her watch every season back to back, and some soap operas, which Lennon found to be very addicting.

Ede seemed to be avoiding her. She never really saw her other than dinner time. Everytime Lennon would think it would be a good time to talk, Ede would find some excuse or somewhere she needed to be. It made for an awkward living arrangement.

Lennon was thinking about how sad she felt with Ede living in the same house and avoiding her. Maybe I did something she kept telling herself.

Right at that moment she heard a knock on her door. She started to walk to the bedroom door when she heard the knocking again and realized that it was coming from the door that connected her and Ede's room.

With puzzlement she walked to the door and opened it to find Ede standing with her head hanging. "What's up?" Lennon asked trying to not sound surprised.

"Come in, I'd like to talk, if its okay." She said turning and walking into the room towards the computer chair. Lennon walked in looking around the room, observing everything.

"I was wondering what this room would look like. But I didn't think it would be like this." She said looking all around. The room looked nothing like her own.

It had cathedral ceilings, that were painted a dark grey. The walls were black with the same color grey from the ceiling. There was a plaid pattern that made the room flow, and the same pattern and colors from the wall matched the comforter on Ede's bed.

"Well I hope it was everything you dreamed it would be." Ede said with sarcasticness in her voice.

Lennon looked at Ede with a irritated glance. "What is your problem? What did I do to make you hate me?" Ede's face softened as she sensed the hurt in Lennon's voice.

"I don't hate you at all." She said sympathetically. Lennon looked in puzzlement at Ede. She was even more confused now than ever.

"Look there's just reasons why I act the way that I do. It's not to be mean, its just, I'm trying to help you." Ede said with genuine concern.

"Help me? Help me how?" Lennon asked trying to put the pieces together. "I can't explain. At least not now." Ede said looking down.

They sat in silence for a few seconds, which seemed like hours when Spencer came running through the door. A look of worry written on her face.

"Hurry its mom!" Was all she said before turning and running down the stairs to the kitchen.

Lennon and Ede both looked at each other then got up and sprinted in the same direction, following close on Spencer's heels.

When they reached the kitchen, Ms. Laura was sitting at the table with her head in her hands. Spencer and Ede stood there staring from their mom then back at each other.

"Lennon why don't you go wait upstairs. Mom gets really bad migraines sometimes, she doesn't like anyone to be around her when they happen." Ede said without taking her eyes off from Ms Laura. Lennon stepped towards Ms. Laura, ignoring Ede's words.

"I get them all the time. I can help. Ms. Laura, are you..." She put her hands on Ms Laura's shoulders to comfort her when she heard Ede and Spencer yell out in unison "No!"

Lennon looked up at them as she placed her hand on Ms Laura's shoulder when Lennon was lifted in the air and thrown into the wall beside the table.

It was like getting hit full force by a line backer the size of a freight truck. It took the wind right out of her lungs. Spencer ran to her side, she was talking to her but Lennon couldn't hear the words she was saying.

Lennon could see that she was moving her mouth, but no words were coming out. Lennon looked around with confusion, still not understanding what had just happened. A few moments later everything started to become normal again.

"What, what just happened?" Lennon said with confusion in her voice. "What, what the Hell is going on!" She looked at Ms Laura's head which was now tilted back. Her eyes were completely white, like snow.

She looked lifeless, with her mouth hanging open. "Holy crap what happened? Is she okay? Why do her eyes look like that? Is she having a seizure?"

Lennon asked totally forgetting the fact that she had just flown through the air a good five feet. She had been hitting her head a lot lately.

Spencer and Ede looked at each other with concern. "Tell her." Said Spencer. "Tell me? Tell me what?!" Lennon screamedvwith hysteria in her voice.

"Someone needs to call an ambulance!" She said heading over to the phone that Hung against the yellow and white stripped wall paper. "Lennon stop." Ede spoke to her softly. "Come sit down."

"You guys are insane!" Lennon screamed as she frantically started dialing the number. "Your mother could be dying and your not doing anything at all to help her!"

The phone suddenly flew from her hands and was ripped out of the wall. Lennon screamed, through tears, "What is going on?"

A chair slid out from its spot at the table and moved across the kitchen to inches beside Lennon resting at her side. It was as if a ghost had moved it.

Lennon looked back and forth from Spencer to Ede. "Please don't freak out, just sit down and let us explain." Spencer said putting her hands up, slowly walking towards Lennon.

Ms Laura's mouth snapped shut and she sat up straight, looking in the direction of Lennon, her eyes still solid white.

"Your in danger child. Someone has very dark plans for you. They will try and take it from you. But you must be strong. They want what you have been given by your father, and they will go to any lengths to get it. Do not trust anyone, for everyone has something to gain from you." She said, her face emotionless. Lennon's mouth dropped open.

She felt her limbs starting to shake. She slowly started backing towards the door, "you guys are crazy! Just stay away from me" she screamed looking for a way to escape. "Just calm down Lennon, we will explain everything. Just listen to us." Ede pleaded.

Lennon turned the corner and spirited for the front door. She flung it open and proceeded to run, when the door slammed shut in front of her.

She tried turning the knob but it wouldn't budge. "Stay away!" She screamed as she backed her way towards the hallway that led to the back door.

Ede and Spencer started approaching her. They looked at each other and nodded as if they were talking.

Lennon bolted for the back door which had been opened to let some fresh air in. She reached for the screen door when the large wooden door slammed shut onto her hand.

Lennon let out a blood chilling scream as she felt the bones in her small hand snap. Ede looked at Spencer who was standing behind Lennon, while Ede was on the other side surrounding her.

"You broke her hand you jackass!" Ede screamed shooting a look that could cut glass at Spencer. "I'm sorry! She's going crazy! I couldn't let her leave. I'm so sorry Lennon." She pleaded.

"What do you want from me?" Lennon begged, the tears rolling down her cheeks, her hair wet and matted to her face.

"We just want a chance to explain..." Ede trailed off as Lennon pushed her to the ground and made a run for the stairs.

"She's not gonna make this easy." Spencer said trying to help Ede up. "Don't help me I'm fine. Go get her before she hurts herself or one of us!" Ede yelled in frustration.

Lennon ran up the stairs and into her room. She slammed the door shut and locked it behind her. She frantically tried to find her cell phone that she had put in the computer desk.

When she found it she tried to dial the emergency number 911. It rang one and then there was silence on the other end. "Hello! Hello? Someone please help me." Lennon screamed into the phone.

"Please just calm the f**k down for a minute, Damn!" Ede's voice yelled from behind the door.

"Come on Lennon let us in." Spencer asked. "Last chance before I open the door myself." Spencer pleaded.

Lennon made a run for the balcony and flung open the double glass doors. At that moment, the bedroom door flung open, Spencer and Ede walked into the room.

"What? Are you seriously going to jump off the balcony?" Spencer asked with irritation in her voice

"She's serious." Ede said looking at Lennon with a concerned and serious look on her face. Lennon started to climb up to the balconies railing.

Spencer took a step towards Lennon, Ede put her arm out to stop her. "Are you crazy? She's gonna jump!" Spencer wailed. "Just wait." Ede said taking a step towards Lennon.

"You come near me and I swear to god, I will jump!" Lennon screamed. Her face red with anger.

Ede's face went serious, "Lennon your one of us." She said with a pleading look in her eyes. "What are you talking about? Are you saying I'm crazy?" Lennon said narrowing her eyes with disbelief in what Ede was saying.

"No I'm not crazy. Can't you sense that you are different too? That you could do things, or that things would happen and you couldn't explain it?" Ede said with complete honesty in her voice.

Lennon's mind went back to all the different times in her lifetime when unexplained things had occur. Her face were filled with confusion.

"Your lying. What, what are you saying?" Lennon sputtered. "Were just, different." Spencer said with sympathy in her eyes.

"Please Lennon believe us. We knew you were coming to be with us even before you moved here. Why do you think we had your room already set up? And how everything in it was something you would like? Why would we need to lie about it? You have seen first hand what we can do. Just as I saw you make the milk explode on Jenny."

"And I know that it was you that made those things happen when Martin tried to hurt you. And from what I can see of your past, things like that have happened regularly. You never asked yourself why?" Ede said stepping towards Lennon.

She stretched her arm out and m extended it towards Lennon. "We can discuss this later. Apparently your in danger and we need to get started immediately." Ede said with impatience in her voice, but her face full of sympathy.

Lennon hesitated, but then took Ede's hand and reluctantly stepped down from the balconies edge. She looked at Spencer and then back to Ede, trying to study there faces.

"Started? Started on what?" Lennon asked, her body still shaking with uncertainty. Spencer looked at Lennon with a big grin on her face. "The fun part. Your real lessons. Your training, yeah your training."

That was when Lennon's life actually started. Everything else before that had just been preparation.

THE GOOD SON:
He sat on top of the valley where his families flock of sheep were brought to graze during the day. He hated this job.

It made him feel like a child, having to do the work that was supposed to be for younger children. Since he was his fathers youngest, he was treated more strictly, more sheltered than his other brothers.

Shadrack, Simber, Eezekial and Tollin, all his older brothers were off at war, conquering a small village about three days travel south of their families land.

His father had conquered most of the land in southern Ireland. Once and a while he would send his sons out to gather women for breeding or more animals for food or stock piling for the winter.

"Bazstian! Come inside, we have things to discuss." His fathers voice bellowed through the morning fog.

He rounded up the herd and slowly got the one hundred or so sheep back into their pin.

He made his way through the village to the main house where his fathers wives and himself resided.

He passed one grand house after another. Most of the houses were two stories in height, they were all made of a dark oak type wood.

They had four Windows on all sides of the house, to let in as much light as possible, since candles were a rare item to come by in those times.

There were around one hundred or more people in their village, mostly all men. With the black plague that was going around most of the women and children had been taken to meet their maker.

In the center of their village was Bazstians fathers manor. It was three stories in height and was made of stone.

There were beautiful stain glass windows scattered on the manors walls, and when the sun shone through them it lit the rooms up with different colors as if the rainbows of the sky were actually shining from the heavens into the room.

"Hurry boy, your father has much to do today." Said Bazstian' fathers chief advisor, Quil, as he held the manors large oak door open for him to enter.

Bazstian had never liked Quil, he always smelled of mold and liked to bark orders too often for his liking.

Bazstian entered into the main hall of the manor where his father sat at a long cherry colored table, fourteen more chairs lined the table for when the elders of the village would to meet and discuss politics or to prepare for raids.

Bazstian father was busy writing and looking over papers that he had scattered along the table. When he heard Bazstian's footsteps echoing through the large room he looked up and gestured for him to sit beside him at the table.

Bazstian eyes lit up with excitement. He had never been allowed to sit at the elders table before.

Next year when he turned eighteen he would be a man in the villages eyes, therefore he would be allowed with the other brothers and elected elders to sit upon their discussions.

"Quil, get Helena for me, tell her Bazstian is here." His father said without looking up from the business he had returned working on in front of him.

Helena was his last and favorite of his seven wives, so far at least. Helena on the other hand, despised her husband.

She often had told Bazstian the story of how she had been taken in the middle of the night from her bed, dragged screaming through her village, her family not knowing what had happened until the thieves had been too far away for anything to be done.

She told him the story of how she had been engaged to marry her love, Joelin, a local farmer from the village she had lived, and how she had waited the first few years, thinking he would come and find her, to rescue her. But he never came.

Helena was tall and slender. Her skin was the color of moca, and her eyes the color of the grass that grew in the valley.

Her hair was the blackest of black, she kept it in a long braid that went all the way to the floor. She passed most of her genes onto her son, which is a reason that Bazstians father favored him so.

She came in quietly, never taking her eyes from the floor. There was a sadness that Bazstian sensed in his mother, it worried him.

He searched her features for an explanation, but his father turned his attention to him before he could attempt to figure anything out.

"Bazstian, as you know, the sickness has taken over our village. I have spoke to your mother and we are sending you away until it is safe to return." His father spoke.

Bazstian looked with confusion at his father, then to his mother. "Where will we go?" He asked with hesitation. "We son?" His father responded with puzzlement in his face and voice. "My brothers and I." He answered.

"It will just be you son, accompanied by Quil and a few other men from the village." His father said getting up to head back to his spot at the head of the table.

Bazstian didn't understand what was happening. "Father, where will I go?" He asked. "To the north of here, to your uncle Fredericks village." He said once again without looking up.

His mother finally looked up from the spot on the floor she had been staring at when she entered the hall. Bazstian could see the tears swelling up in her eyes.

She then turned her gaze to her husband. The hatred was so obvious that it sent shivers down Bazstian's spine. "You took my family from me once, now you do it again. You will regret this." Helena spoke while leaving the room without looking at her son.

Quil stepped forward putting his hand on the boys shoulder. "Let's go boy." Bazstian hesitated for a moment then stepped toward his father.

"Father, did I displease you?" He asked, the worry in his voice showing. His father laid the papers that were in his hand onto the table. "I hope that someday you will understand and forgive me." He said without looking his son in the eyes.

THE PRINCE OF THE SOLLIEN'S:
He looked back at the village he grew up in as it started to fade from sight. He still didn't quite understand what was going on.

Quil rode on a horse in front of the small group of men that were to escort Bazstian to his uncles land in the north. He saw that they were all talking amongst themselves.

Every now and then one of the men would pass a sympathetic glance in Bazstians direction.

"How much further till we stop." Bazstian asked after the day had slowly passed and the darkness was setting in around them.

"We only have a short while before we reach our destination." Quil said a few yards ahead of the group. Bazstian had been to his uncles lands many times in the seventeen years of his life, and he knew that it would take at least a week to reach his lands.

An hour or so later they reached a path that veered off into the wooded forest that, since his child hood, Bazstian had been warned to never enter.

It had been called the dead woods by his villagers. "This isn't the way." He said stopping his horse along the edge of the forest. "We have been instructed by your father to stop here." Quil said while pushing forward into the dead woods.

There was a thick fog that covered the forest floor, it seemed to move faster than horses as they walked hesitantly though the forest.

The fear that came from the horses and men were not hidden, as the men looked around on edge, the horses, silent for the first time the entire trip.

The trees all seemed to appear dead, limbs hung from the skinny trunks of the trees. No leaves grew on any of them, which gave off a dead appearance, giving it its name dead woods.

Moonlight shone down through the branches of the trees, casting eerie rays of blue light through the darkness of night.

Bazstian could hear wolves howling from outside of the forest, it wasn't the sound of wolves that were hungry. It was a sound like a warning, as if they warned the travelers to take caution where they traveled.

The further into the dead woods they traveled the more Bazstian felt separated from the world he once knew, and the further in, the more fear started to rise in his chest. He felt like they were in danger, like something wasn't right.

A good two hours or less into the forest they saw the glow of torches in the distance. They seemed to hang, suspended in the air, thick wooded trees surrounding it.

One of the men traveling with the group pointed it out to Quil who still rode at the front of the travelers.

"Straight ahead. We are almost there." Quil voice bellowed through the fog and wood in the forest. "What business does my father have here?" Bazstian asked speaking louder than he thought, his voice echoing through the walls of branches and thick fog that was now to the chest of the horses that the small group traveled on.

"That is none of your concern." Quil said bluntly. The closer they came to the floating lights the more of the area Bazstian could make out.

The floating lights were not what they appeared, instead they were large torches. And the woods disappeared altogether, instead turning into a large twenty foot wooded fence that appeared to be as thick as a man in width.

Bazstian and the men all stared in awe at the large fence that stood before them. The only one of the group that didn't seem at all startled was Quil.

They came to a part of the fence that had a lowering gate and stoped in front of them.

The gate started to lower without someone from the group to notifying anyone from inside, at least from what Bazstian could see.

Once the gate was open Quil led the men into the village, but from what he could see, the village seemed empty. Once the group had entered, the gate started closing behind them.

Bazstian felt his heart sink into his stomach, something didn't feel right.

They followed the walk way that was lined with large torches. From the short distance they could see from the light that the torches put off, there were dozens of small bowl shaped huts.

There seemed to be hundreds, and that was just from what they could see in the dark. Apparently this village was larger than it appeared, and the woods were the best form of camouflage for it.

They walked farther into the village and still had not seen a single villager. Bazstian also noticed there were no animals, or even sounds of animals for that matter.

There wasn't even the sound of crickets which they had heard all through the woods, up until they entered the village. The horses were extremely uneasy, it was difficult to make them push forward into village.

They finally came to a larger hut in what seemed to be the middle of the town and started dismounting their horses.

Bazstian after dismounting, stood holding onto the reins of his brown and white mare that his mother had given him for his sixteenth birthday.

"Come boy." Quil said gesturing for the boy to hurry. They walked up to the hut where Quil entered without hesitation.

The inside of the hut was well lit with dozens of torches. The floorway had steps that took them down a short stairway into an underground room, the walls and roof of the hut were all made of stone. There were no Windows, and the only light source were the torches.

The stairway was not long, and after a few feet it opened up into a large room that seemed to go on forever.

It seemed that the entire village was underground, and that the huts must have all connected somehow to this large main room.

Bazstian then figured out why the village seemed abandoned, the main room was filled with more people than he had seen in his whole life.

They all stood watching the strangers that had entered their home.

Quil never missed a step, walking down the middle of the room which was empty, the hundreds of villagers standing in rows, watching the staggers, forming a walk way of sorts for them to walk through.

Bazstian looked at the passing faces of the villagers. They were beautiful, they stood in silence, their faces unemtotional. Bazstian walked in a daze, in awe of the beautiful faces staring back at him.

Quil led them till they reached a round opening by the far right side of the wall where a long table with six people sat. Two men and four women, they all were quiet, looking the travelers over one by one.

The woman that sat in the middle of the others spoke first. "You brought what we requested I see." Her voice was like honey, Bazstian felt his knees go week.

"As promised. Will you hold up your end of the bargain?" Quil asked looking the woman squarely in the face, he seemed unaffected by their beauty.

"Do you dare question our word." Belowed the man sitting beside the woman that had spoken earlier, his voice was deep and intimidating. Bazstian could feel himself sink back with fear.

"I am only asking what my lord has instructed." Quil replied.

"How is she?" Asked a younger looking man to the left of the woman that had spoken. "I was not informed to give you any of that information." Quil responded looking down.

"You will answer the prince when he speaks to you mortal!" Hissed the woman who had spoken earlier, her voice no longer the same appealing sound he had heard before.

"She is well. She sends her well wishes for her people." Quil said with hesitation. It had been the first time Bazstian had ever heard his voice waiver.

"Then let it be said and known, I grace your master of his debt to my people. We will no longer demand his services. Leave us, we no longer need you." The woman said.

Quil started back through the way they had entered. Bazstian and the other men turned to follow but were stopped by the villagers that had started to form a circle around them.

"Don't be afraid. We still are in need of your services men." Said the man they had referred to as the prince.

"Boy, come forward." Said the woman. Bazstian looked in the direction in which Quil had went but with the circle of bodies that had formed around him he could no longer see him.

Bazstian stepped forward towards the table of men and women. "Introductions are to be made. I am Emilly, and I am the queen of this village. My husband, the king, sitting beside me is Emille." She said gesturing to the man beside her who nodded as she introduced him.

"May I also introduce you to Alaynia our daughter." She said turning to the woman sitting on the other side of the prince, then to the two ladies on the other side of the king, "And these are her children Shallow and Spring."

"Take the men into the feeding area. They must be hungry and tired." Said Emilly gesturing for the villagers closest to the men.

Once they had left, the king whispered something to the queen, she nodded and spoke to Bazstian. "Do you know where you are? Who we are?" When she spoke she seemed sympathetic in her tone, as if she felt sorry for the young man that stood before her.

"No mam. I am confused about my purpose here," he answered. The prince who still had not been introduced smiled and answered Bazstian's question, "Your mothers husband owed us a debt. You see we are the village your mother was raised in. Her now husband, took her from us."

Bazstians eyes widened. "You're familiar with this story, am I correct?" The prince asked.

"Yes she told me she was taken in the night from her family and her fiance. But that is all I knew." Bazstian answered in shock, "but I don't understand what this has to do with me? Why not bring her back? She longs to be home with her people."

The king answered, "she has been tainted. Once she lay with a mortal she may not return to her homeland. It is forbidden." "The coming of your eighteenth birthday approaches, does it not?"

The queen asked. "Yes but..." Bazstian started but was interrupted. "We are a coven." Answered the prince.

Bazstian felt the fear creep into his chest, the hair on the back of his neck stood up. He had heard tales of covens before.

They were outcast, people with strange abilities. Some could change into animals and they were called shrews, some could control the weather and others minds and they were referred to as larxen, and some drank the souls of mortals, they were the most feared and were called solliens.

Bazstian began to shake with fear. "And which coven are your origin?" He asked, his voice shaking. "We are of the Solliens. But you have nothing to fear of us boy." Said the king.

"I am not understanding my meaning for being here." Bazstian said with confusion in his eyes and uneasiness in his voice.

The prince looked at him with compassion. "I am Joelin. I'm your father."

HONEY BEE:
Baze walked home with anger boiling in his blood. How dare that half breed step on his toes.

He could sense that Ede had a feeling of protection when it came to Lennon, which is understandable.

The smell of the energy that she gave off was overwhelming.

When he had been in the office waiting to see his dad at school the first day he met her, he had immediately sensed that she had something special, but she seemed to not even know it.

Anyone with that much energy should hold their head up high, not be intimidated by anyone, and to know when danger was around them.

But she hadn't sensed anything, not around him, and definitely not around the others.

But Ede and Spencer did. They knew about him and who he was from the second he came into town.

This place, this town, held so many secrets. The towns people seemed to try and keep their secrets hidden, they felt if they didn't talk about it that maybe the darkness that had cloaked the town with would just maybe, hopefully, go away.

He climbed the steps of his large home that his father and he shared.

It was only one story in height, but was two houses in length. It was right across from the school that his father was the principal of.

As he entered the house he knew he was in trouble. His father sat in the living room, in his favorite chair, his eyes glaring at Baze from across the room.

"You make yourself too obvious for those who know what they are seeing." Mr. Donnavan said with frustration written on his face. "The Fitzsimmons girls know what we are you know." He continued.

"They hadn't made that clear until today. The images they put into my head were quite intimidating. But I don't think they know everything about us. Just our origin." Baze said walking over to the couch beside his fathers chair and sprawled out on it.

"I'm just saying that we have a good thing going for us here. It would be a shame to have to pack up and move after only being here for a year. We could plant roots here for at least ten years or so." His father continued.

"We have been doing this for how long now? We haven't been destroyed yet. You worry too much. You know why we came here. The goal is still the same, the only thing that has changed is the time frame." Baze said not paying attention to his fathers warnings.

"Damnet Bazstian! Why won't you listen? You have seen what the halfbreeds can do to us first hand! Or have you forgotten about the ones that have lost their lives?" His father hissed rising from his chair and towering over his son.

"I never asked to be a sollien! Just because I am your son doesn't mean I am like you!" Baze screamed at his father. "I never wanted to be immortal, I never asked for this life. You made me this way."

Baze's father looked sympathetically at his son. "Son, we all become immortal once we reach our eighteenth year of life. We leave our human form and become better. It is our way of life. The way of our people."

"I know that its has been hard for you since we separated from the coven, but it is my obligation to my people to come to the states and gather more of our kind here." His father said.

Baze was angry, but he understood what his father had meant. Their colony had suffered a major blow in the last seven years.

It all started with the gypsies coming into Ireland's southern valley's. The solliens had never met a kind like theirs, so they did not know the danger that they held.

They were half breeds. A rare kind. They had the abilities of Larxen, people that could control the weather or control minds. But they were also much more than just that.

Abilities, although the history of their origin is not certain, some things were known. They were known to stem from the Egyptians.

It was said that after Moses had taken the Hebrews from Egypt and all the plagues had devastated the Egyptians and their city, the pharaoh prayed to the gods to send them something to help bring the city back to its wonders it had once been.

The gods granted his prayers. They told him that they would bless his people with a skill that would pass down through every generation of their families for the Egypt's loyalty to their gods through all of the hardship they had suffered from the god of Moses.

But with this blessing also held a curse. It was the curse of eternal unsatisfaction, jealousy and greed within each other.

Every person had their own magical energy skill.

Some could control the people around them.

Some could move objects with their minds.

Some could tell the future.

And some could heal themselves.

With all of these skills you would think they would prosper and be content as a civilization, but as the gods had told them, there was a curse as well.

The energy powers with some of the Egyptians went wrong. Some people became jealous of an others energy skills, and it was soon discovered that if one of them killed the other, that they absorbed that persons energy skill.

If they also killed someone with a similar energy skill then that certain skill of theirs would increase.

Some of the people killed repeatedly just because of the greed they had for more power. Eventually their people divided and scattered throughout the world.

Some of them tried to forget what they were for fear that one of their own people would track them down just for their families blood and.power.

Some married normal humans and lived their lives without knowing their own history, and some, were regular practicers of their powers.

The solliens had a particular liking to these half breeds. Their souls were like honey to them, the more power the sweeter the soul.

A pure blood on the other hand, would destroy a sollien If they tried to take their soul.

The pure blood would then manipulate and control the souls of that fallen sollien, which would intensify that pure blood.

They had many names given to them throughout the years. Some called the gods, some witches, some demons sent from the Hells of Satan.

But their true name given to them by the Egyptian gods were warjiles.

When the half breed gypsies came to Ireland, the solliens had never known of their existence. They sensed them two days travel away.

Half of the coven went out to find what was causing all the sensations they were feeling due to the strangers.

The solliens had one flaw to their origins. As soul eaters they had many enemies, but god was their one true fear.

During the battle between Satan and God, there werent just angles or god or against god.

There were also angles that didn't want to be involved. Angels that were scared to pick sides due to the anger of whoever won.

When God won the battle against Lucipher and threw Satan into the depths of Hell, he cast out the angles that did not have faith in their creator, but instead of casting them to Hell, he cursed them with having to live with humans as immortals, never being satisfied with their human souls after losing the soul of god they had held.

They walked the earth, feasting on the souls of mortals. They were unknown to humans mostly, stories were told to children about going out at night and having their life sucked from them by demons.

Some called them vampires, but they did not drink blood or kill their victims. They left their bodies alive but it was just empty, like a shell, their soul gone.

They couldn't just take it though. They had to be invited into the persons comfort areas, be trusted.

A sollien had to ask permission to be let in somehow. Once they had the trust of their victim they would then slowly consume and feast. Sometimes it took days maybe even weeks.

When the solliens found the half breeds it was too late. The half breed warjiles had seen them coming from some of their people that had been able to see the future.

The warjiles had read the solliens minds to know how to destroy them.

Anything blessed by a minister of god, or the destruction of their hearts would kill them.

Baze and his father had lost half of their coven that day. That was when Joelin and Bazstian decided to leave Ireland to search for more of their kind.

The olden names they had carried the past few hundred years wasn't up to par in the states. So they changed their names and followed their senses to where they felt energy taking them.

They had noticed that others with powers also ended up somehow, making their way to the same area.

It was like a giant magnet pulling energy from everywhere to a common area. Some of the people didn't even know who or what they were.

"I will have her." Baze said snapping out of his daze. "I've seen this happen before son. Do not focus too much time on them. They have a seduction about them. You know what would happen If you were too ever..." His father trailed off.

"Are you joking? I know what the repercussions would be." Baze said with disgust in his voice. But he knew that deep down, he didn't really feel that way.

After all she was honey to his bee.

TRAINING: ENERGY
She stood at the clearing of a wooded area about a mile outside of town. Ede and Spencer stood opposite each other on both sides of the open stretch of land.

"Ready?" Yelled Spencer.

"Are you kidding me? Question is Spence is, are you ready?" Ede yelled back, her hands on her hips in a relaxed manner.

Spencer closed her eyes for a few seconds. Suddenly water from the morning rain on the ground began to rise all around Spencer. It looked like diamonds just floating in the air. It surrounded Spencer, spinning around her like the earth revolves around the sun.

Lennon's jaw practically dropped to the ground. She watched as the water droplets started spinning faster and faster until it appeared to be a tornado wall of water.

Ede still stood with her hands on her hips about twenty yards from Spencer. She rolled her eyes after a few moments. "Oh will you come on!!!! Will you stop showing off in front of the newb!!!!"

Spencer opened her eyes with a crazy smile on her face. Ede smiled back and squatted down, hands up in a defensive position pivoting from one foot to another.

It happened so quickly that Lennon could have missed it if she had blinked. The water shot forward towards Ede like hundreds of tiny spears.

Lennon tried to scream out a warning at Ede but there was no need. Ede put her hands out like Lennon had seen her do the night she saved Lennon from Martin, the water resisted inches from Ede like it was being pushed against an invisible wall.

Both girls stood, arms out, strain on their faces. They seemed to be in a silent battle between themselves. Lennon stood in awe of the things she was seeing.

Ede gritted her teeth pushing the water away with an invisible force. A smile crept over her face, suddenly pebbles that lay on the ground around Ede started lifting from the ground.

They floated slowly towards Spencer, unlike the attack that had been inflicted to her.

Spencer looked with worry as the rocks got closer. Suddenly one at a time the pebbles shot out towards Spencer, like bullets they moved so fast it was hard to keep them in sight.

When the first stone hit her Spencer winced in pain, but she never lost focus. She kept her arms out, pushing her wall of water toward Ede.

The pebbles which were no larger than the size of a nickles shot out, this time three or four at a time.

One pebble hit Spencer in the face, she squealed in pain, losing her concentration. She grabbed her face where the stone had struck her.

The wall of water that Ede had been defending against suddenly was in her control. She pushed it towards Spencer, who was bent over, one hand on her knee the other over her wounded face.

The water floated over Spencer's head. Ede laughed and then dropped her arms that had been held up. The water came crashing down onto Spencer's head, she let out a gasping sound then screamed. "I freaking hate you!"

She ran toward Ede arms stretched out in front of her. Ede laughed and let Spencer tackle her.

"Oh yeah! Sister juice on yo face bish!" Spencer squealed laughing and wrestling with her sister.

"Bish?" Lennon asked in a confused way. "Really Lennon, do you even know me at all." Spencer said rolling her eyes and smiling. "We call it the language of the Fitz."

They heard footsteps approaching from somewhere in the woods. "Quiet!" Ede said while standing up. Kirhsten walked out from the bushes, a smile on her face, everyone relaxed.

"Hey guys." She said in a cheerful way.

"Where have you been?" Ede asked.

"Around." Kirhsten said looking down. She looked at Lennon with a weird look on her face. "You guys think its smart to bring her here?"

Lennon and Kirhsten had never really talked a lot, she always felt a bit that Kirhsten didn't like her very much. The statement she had just made sealed the deal on that thought.

"Spencer was right, shes like Spence and I. She needs to be trained or she can be left vulnerable." Ede said kicking Spencer in the leg in a playful way.

"You haven't been over in a while. Everything okay?" Spencer asked looking at Kirhsten with suspicion.

"Some of us can't read minds to know the answers to test you know. Some people have to actually study." Kirhsten said crossing her arms.

"Wow, what bit you in the a*s?" Spencer said rolling her eyes. "Okay cool it kids." Ede said looking at Lennon, "come on, its your turn." "Yes! I get to pop her cherry!" Spencer said with excitement.

Lennon was not very excited about this at all. "I have no idea what you want me to do. Only time anything has ever happened is on accident. I mean I might not have even done it!" Lennon started rambling.

"Just shut it and come on." Ede said laughing. Like before, Spencer stood on one side of the clearing, Ede and Lennon on the other.

Kirhsten sat on the grass with her legs crossed, watching the girls with amusement on her face.

"Make it good girls! You have a. Audience now." She yelled from the sidelines.

"What am I supposed to do?" Lennon asked with a freaked out look on her face.

"Energy." Ede said with her hands on her hips. She looked different Lennon thought to herself.

She wore a black wife beater, which made her tanned skin look like it had a glow to it. The black shorts she wore had white pinstripe and went down a little past her knees with black flip flops. Her hair seemed to be getting longer in the front, and her black fitted hat made her blue eyes stand out.

Lennon realized she was checking Ede out.

Whoa she thought to herself. That was weird.

"Are you not getting what I'm saying?" Ede said with frustration. "I didn't hear you sorry." Lennon said biting down on her lower lip.

"Your gonna make me smack you. You have to pay attention. Do you not understand how serious this s**t is? Now, listen the time. Energy, thats all it is. If you can control your energy then you can do what your mind wants it too." Ede said speaking slowly so Lennon could absorbed all that she was saying.

"What are you feeling right now?" Ede asked her. "Um, confused?" Lennon said in more of a question than a statement.

"What makes you angry?" Ede said with a laugh. "Don't say it, just think it, if that makes sense." She added.

Lennon closed her eyes and.let memories flood over her. She tried focusing on the energy she was starting to feel growing inside of her.

TRAINING: BETRAYAL:
It started with a tingling in her chest, the feeling that you get when your arms or legs fall asleep.

The feeling moved through her veins, making her feel dizzy. Her arms felt weightless as the tingling reached her arms, creeping to the tips of her fingers.

She felt her skin start to burn as heat seemed to flow from the tips of her fingers

"What the..." Spencer said while ducking down as fire flew towards her. She ducked just in time and the flames swallowed a tree that stood a few feet behind her.

"Stop Lennon! Holy s**t, just stop!" Ede screamed, but didn't dare to touch her.

If a warjile touched another one during their cast of energy then that person would have a clash between their energies.

Just like when Lennon touched Ms. Laura when she was having a vision.

Lennon eyes flew open, she saw the flames streaming from her finger tips. Her mouth dropped open. "How do I stop it!?" Lennon screamed.

Ede looked with confusion at Lennon, "it, it should have stopped."

Lennon squeezed her eyes shut. She tried to think of something else, something cool like ice, her skin was on fire.

Suddenly a cool breeze rushed through the field, the fire coming from Lennon fingers suddenly turned into a white mist.

The cold air hit the tree, forming around the tree trunk a layer of ice.

"Whoa." Spencer said looking at the tree. Lennon felt herself grow tired suddenly.

Her arms and legs started to feel weak. As suddenly as it had started, it stopped. Lennon wobbled a little and Ede put her hand out to steady her.

"Wha, what... Wow! What just happened!" Spencer squealed with excitement and amazement. She got up off the ground and ran over to Lennon and Ede.

Ede stood beside Lennon, her mouth open as if she wanted to say something, but couldn't find the words.

Momma Laura had trained them both around the age of ten, the ways of warjile skills.

Spencer and Ede developed their skills both at a young age.

Their father, who had been human, had no idea about the secrets his wife had kept from him for twenty years. Shortly after they developed their skills, their father and mother separated.

They went to spend some time with him during the summer, but he was scared of how different his children and him were.

They could control almost anything around them. Water, earth, wind, rain, snow and so on.

But never, ever did they see or know of a warjile who could produce matter through the energy they channeled.

Kirhsten sat on the field looking as equally in shock as the other girls. "That was definitely a wow factor." She said shocked and in wonder at what she too had just witnessed.

"Did I do it wrong?" Lennon asked.

"I, I don't even know to be honest." Ede said. The confusion that was on Lennons face couldn't be overseen.

"I mean its just I have never even heard of someone like us forming matter from energy. It's a first." Ede said bringing her hands to her head.

Kirhsten got up from the ground where she was sitting and walked over to the girls.

"Wait. You don't think? Do you?" Spencer said, narrowing her brow, then looking at Ede in a way as if a lightbulb had went off in her head.

"No." She said. Ede looked back at Spencer, "there's no way. Wait, no." Ede and Spencer both looked at each other, then looked at Lennon.

"Do you think she's pure? I mean it could happen." Spencer asked.

"I mean, its possible. That would explain a lot." Ede said.

"Will you guys stop talking about me like I'm not here?" Lennon said crossing her arms.

"How can you not know what were talking about?" Spencer screamed, her hands out like she were trying to give someone a bear hug.

"A pure warjile. Wow, I have never seen one. But I mean mom had said they are some out there."? Ede said. "I still don't get this whole war whatever stuff." Lennon said.

"English b***h. English!" Kirhsten said looking at Lennon as if she were a parent scolding a child. Spencer looked at Kirhsten, she had a pissed off look on her face.

"What is your problem? Why are you being so rude to Lennon? This is all new and overwhelming to her! You haven't seen or talked to us in two weeks, now you just show up and think everything is cool? And how did you even know we were here?" Spencer was getting louder the more she said.

Ede laid a hand on her sisters shoulder. "Chill out." She instructed Spencer. "No. Your not gonna say anything, so I will. I saw her being all buddy buddy with Jenny. Not to mention I'm getting a weird feeling about her." Spencer screamed looking Kirhsten up and down.

Kirhsten seemed taken back by the questions and accusations.

"What are you, a mood ring? Funny feeling?!? You know how my mom gets. And you guys haven't called to talk to me either, since she moved in at least. And yes I spoke to Jenny. At least she wanted to socialize with me. You guys don't like anyone normal. That's your whole problem with her. I'm normal, do you not like me either?" Kirhsten had her hands in fists at her sides, her face red with anger.

"What are you talking about. Your my best friend. I don't understand what's going on with you two." Ede said stepping between them.

"You know what? I don't have time for this bullshit. I'm out. It's time I stopped hanging with you freaks anyway." Kirhsten said.

The three girls stood in shock as Kirhsten walked off into the woods, not understanding what had happened.

"Let's head home, we have a lot of questions for mom." Ede said looking down at the ground.

Lennon put her hand on Ede's shoulder, she knew what it was like to have people leave their lives suddenly without knowing why.

Ede looked Lennon in the eyes, her face softened. Lennon had a flash of recognition in her mind, like she knew what Ede had been thinking.

BETRAYED was all that age could hear. Over and over in her head.

It was starting to really sink in that she was different, just like she always somehow knew. And for once, she was okay with that.

They headed out from the woods and back home, goofing off and playing around as they walked.

From another part of the woods, three girls also exited out into the open.

They stood back, not wanting anyone to notice.

"Are you sure she said she was pure? I mean absolutely positive?" Jenny asked stepping forward.

"We can't have any misunderstanding." Hartley added standing beside her.

"Oh I'm positive." Kirhsten said, stepping out from behind the other two girls.

"This is going to change everything." She said crossing her arms and watching the three girls walk off towards there happy lives.

STRANGER DANGER:
Lennon looked at the face that stared back at her in the mirror. She was starting to find herself, who she was supposed to be in this world.

Yesterday after she had used energy for the first time, from her own control and not triggered, she had come home to a three hour sit down with the family about the history of their kind.

From Ms. Laura's point of view, and from the history of their species, which was, after all, an upgraded human version of sorts, Lennon seemed to be of pure blood.

Ms. Laura talked about how she had met two pure blooded Warjiles when she was a child. She had come across them with her family on a out of state trip.

When warjiles were around people of their kind, or any species other than human they had a feeling that would give them a sort of warning.

A burning sensation in their chest. You could call it heart burn, in a way.

To a half blood, being in the presence of a pure blood was like a magnet to metal.

Which is one of the reasons the Fitzsimmons were so drawn to Lennon, other than the fact that Ms. Laura had a vision they would have to take her in.

Most half blood warjiles would be walking into their own death trap by following their feeling of wanting to be around a pure blood.

Most pure bloods had survived the past centuries by consuming the energy of half bloods and destroying them, so they wouldn't have them as a threat later on.

The ones that had the energy power to heal could be immortal, unless it was their will to die or to have a fatal blow.

Ms. Laura and her parents had sensed the pure bloods from hours away, as did her parents. That was when she learned about pure and half bloods and the differences in their energies.

During a trip to a restaurant they had actually met them.

As they sat eating, her parents who were both half bloods, terror washed over them. Laura had the words DANGER, PROTECT BABY LAURA and DON'T PANIC screaming through her head as her parents communicated telepathicly.

She looked with confusion at her parents, who were staring straight ahead.

Two women approached the table. Their faces blank. "May we join you?" One of the women had asked.

"We don't want any trouble." Laura's father said. "Please, our child." Her mother then added.

"We know you have good intent in your heart." The other woman had said. "We are just curious about you, we dont find many of our kind in these parts." She continued.

They had sat and talked for hours about the dangers of pure bloods and how they were to never trust them.

The two women were rare to find. They just wanted to warn the family about others intent.

Ms. Laura had never forgotten that day, she shared her story as a warning and for educational purposes to the girls.

Lennon felt like she was introduced to an entire new world.

She brushed her hair thinking about all of her new discoveries about herself. She had a new sense of who she was, something she had never had before.

What to wear today? She thought to herself, as she strolled over to her closet.

She was stemming through the endless row of shirts when she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in." She yelled from the closet. Momma Laura walked into the room with a box in her arms. "Ready to be back to the normal life?" Ms. Laura asked cheerfully.

"As ready as I can be." Lennon answered with a smile. Ms. Laura smiled back and walked over to her and gave her a warm hug.

"I am so proud of you honey. Most girls in your situation would be having a nervous breakdown right about now. But your holding yourself together so well. Your becoming a woman." Ms. Laura told her with pride in her eyes.

"No matter what, don't loose your cool, don't let petty feelings consume you. You have to be in control of yourself." She added.

"The girls and I got you a little something, to hopefully make your day a little better." She said finally, placing a kiss on Lennon forehead then walking out the room.

Lennon couldn't say anything, tears swelled in her eyes. She had never had someone care about her like this for as far back as she could remember.

She walked over to the bed where the box Ms. Laura had brought in was sitting.

It was a small box, and inside she found a bracelet. It was antique looking, with aqua and teal colored stones in a brass looking band.

She held it in her hands turning it over and over taking the beauty of it in. She felt strong, taller and indestructible while she held it, feeling like it was a part of herself.

She put it on her wrist, then went back to her closet. She picked out a red wife beater, then picked out a fitted black sweater that Hung off her shoulders.

She then went over to her dresser and grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans, and of course, her favorite kicks.

She grabbed her side bag and headed down the stairs ready for school. Ede and Spencer were waiting in the kitchen talking about something, then got quiet when Lennon entered.

Lennon grabbed a poptart from off the counter and started heading out the door with Ede and Spencer following.

"How ya feeling?" Spencer asked suspiciously. "What do you mean?" Lennon asked. "About school." Ede responded a little to quickly.

"Fine. It's not like its my first day or anything." She answered rolling her eyes. Ede and Spencer looked at each other then walked in silence.

When passing Kirhsten's house they watched as Jenny, Hartley and Kirhsten stood on the porch watching them as they walked by.

As they passed, the girls started to follow. Lennon acted like she didn't notice them, keeping her head held high.

"Aren't you glad to be coming back to school Lemon?" Jenny's voice sounded from behind them. Lennon stopped and turned around, facing the girls. Ede and Spencer looked at each other with matching looks of worry.

"If you have something to say, then here is your chance. Take your best shot. I mean what is the worst you can do? Hurt my feelings? Let's see, I'm an orphan, my foster dad and this b*****s crazy step dad tried to kill me, your boyfriend obviously wants me. Oh wait, yall broke up didn't you?" Lennon spit out, her face red with anger.

Ede put a comforting hand on Lennon's shoulder. "Don't let yourself get to worked up over them." She whispered in Lennon's ear.

The three girls stood staring at Lennon, mouths open but no words were coming out. "That's what I thought." Lennon said eyeing all the girls one by one, then turned around and walked back in the direction of the school.

Spencer had been holding in a laugh and let it out. It filled the block, echoing loudly. "That was so bad a*s!" Spencer screamed. Lennon smiled and continued walking.

They day passed on slowly, finally it was time for Lennon to go to the class she shared with Jenny and Blaze.

She saw him sitting in his spot in the back of the class, a big smile on his face as he saw her walking to her desk beside him. "Hey stranger danger." He said with his gorgeous inviting eyes.

"Miss me?" She asked him. Oh god why did I ask him that, she asked herself. He seemed shocked by her question.

"Maybe, but I'm not that easy mam." He said looking at her suspiciously.

"Attention everyone. We have a new student." The teacher said. Lennon looked forward and saw a tall slender girl. She gasped. Where did she know her from? She looked so familiar.

The girl had long straight black hair, which she let hang in her face in the front. The girl was staring at Lennon with a weird smile. Her eyes were as blue as the ocean.

"Everyone welcome Ms. Jewls. You can find yourself a seat now Jewls." The teacher said. The girl never took her eyes off Lennon as she walked to the back of the room taking a seat beside her. "Mind if I look on with you?" Jewls asked Lennon with a smile.

Baze stared at Jewls. A look of confusion and terror on his face.

MOMMA'S GIRL:
Lennon's head was pounding, she had felt strange all day, ever since she met Jewls.

Baze followed closely behind Lennon when they left the class and headed off to lunch. "You feeling okay?" He asked putting a worried hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm just feeling a little weird. My head is pounding all of a sudden." Lennon answered.

The schools intercom system went off loudly, "Baze Newman to the principals office, Baze Newman to the principals office."

Baze rolled his eyes. "What did I do now." He said. "Catch ya in a bit." He said flashing her a smile while walking off down the hall to the office.

He knocked in his fathers office door and then entered without waiting for a response. He felt that something was wrong.

Walking through the door he saw his father sitting behind his desk, a look of worry and frustration read on his face.

Someone was sitting in one of the tall leather chairs that sat facing his fathers desk, but he could not see who from where he stood.

He walked up to his fathers desk and saw that the new girl Jewls had been the one sitting in the chair. Baze looked confusing from Jewls then back to his father.

"Please Bazstian, have a seat. We have a lot to talk about." Jewls asked politely.

Baze looked at his father with worry and suspician, but his father nodded for him to not argue and do as he's told.

Baze sat down, turning his body to face Jewls and not his father. "What is this about? We pose you no threat murderer." Baze said hardening his brow to try and intimidate the obvious pure blood that sat before him.

He might be intoxicated by her energy, but he also sensed her interest in their town, or should he say, someone.

"It's strange, the protection I sense that you have for the girl. Yet you want her soul more than anything you have ever wanted." Jewls said staring at Baze.

She then turned her gaze to his father. She narrowed her eyes and tilted her head. Baze looked back and forth at the two, finally Baze's father spoke up. "The future is not set in stone. It can still be changed. I have faith in him."

Jewls held her hands up and shook her head laughing. "Well, that is why I am here. To solve the problem for everyone."

"What do you mean." Baze asked suspiciously. "I have invested time and interest in the destruction on your little honey bee." Jewls said looking at her finger nails.

"That cannot happen, I have tracked her since she came to this town. I have claimed her for myself!" Baze said loudly while standing up. "Then why has she been here for six months and yet she still lives?" Jewls said in a cocky manner.

"Things have gotten complicated." Mr. Newman chimed in. "I hope your not referring to the little half bloods that are harboring her? They still think chants can protect them! You dont have the balls to do it boy." Jewls said rolling her eyes.

"You know nothing witch! A mere handful of half bloods wiped out nearly our entire colony! I will have her and if you touch her I swear..." Baze started to scream at her but was cut short, his words trailing off.

He gasped for air. As if invisible hands held his throat choking him. His feet lifted off the air and he was slowly pressed against the wall, being lifted higher and higher till his head touched the ceiling.

His feet thrashed wildly, his hands grasping wildly at the invisible force that held him.

Jewls stood up and slowly walked over to the wall that Baze was held. Mr. Newman started to get up, but Jewls threw the chair he was sitting in under the desk, locking him into his seat like a seat belt.

"Your boy has a mighty large mouth. I should rip his jaw from its hinges and make you walk an eternity in earth that way. I wonder how well your immortal beauty will help feeding looking that way? Or maybe I should just end your puny excuse of a sollien right now. The point of any matter is, I'm in control. This is my game, and I am the coach, the players, the feild and the fans. I am untouchable. And I will have her. And if you get in my way, I will tear you limb from limb and scatter you throughout the world, and you will live forever in your own ashes." Jewls spat with hatred shaking her physically.

"Who are you?" Mr. Newman said in a whisper.

"Julia Everett. My daughter will die from no hand but my own." Jewls said smiling.

ASHES IN THE WIND:
Lennon walked through the lunch room looking for a seat. She saw Spencer towards the back and walked over to the table. "Took you long enough to get here. Lunch is almost over." Spencer said chomping down on a hamburger.

"Yeah I was having a chat with Baze." Lennon said smiling a little, picking at her hamburger.

"You mean to tell me you haven't told her about him yet?" A small voice said from behind Lennon.

Lennon turned around to see a small girl standing and holding a tray. A disappointed look read clearly across her face. "Wait, what?" Lennon asked, looking from Spencer, then back to the the girl.

"Sit down Shenell." Spencer said rolling her eyes. "Were not trying to make her paranoid, so no, we haven't told her." Spencer continued as the girl sat and stared at Lennon.

"She doesn't look like a pure blood." Shenell said while pushing her glasses up as they had fallen to the tip of her nose.

Lennon stared at the strange looking girl. She was very awkward looking, yet fascinating at the same time.

She wore purple rectangle shaped glasses, and even though they sat in front of her eyes they didn't distract you from them.

Her eyes were a light amber color. They were beautiful and reminded Lennon of the eyes of a cat.

She had straight dark red and brown colored hair that went just passed her shoulders.

She was a heavy set girl, she wore a yellow t-shirt and a pair of jeans. She had something about her that drew your attention.

"Um I'm sorry, but how does she know that?" Lennon said shooting Spencer a look. "She's like us. Sort of." Spencer said giving het attention again to the hamburger that sat on her lunch tray.

Lennon looked at Shenell. "Oh, your a warjile too?" She asked smiling. "Hell no." Shenell answered, still staring at Lennon. She reached over and pinched Lennon's arm. "Ouch!" Lennon screamed, grabbing her arm. A few of the people sitting at a closer tabled turned around and stared at them.

"Really Shenell?" Spencer asked rolling her eyes. "What are you gonna do? Shove her in a test tube next?"

"I just thought she would look different or something, being pure and all." Shenell said with a disappointed look on her face.

"I'm confused. I thought she said you were like us." Lennon asked. "Actually I said sort of." Spencer chimed in.

"I'm a shape shifted." Shenell said proudly. "A Shrew." Spencer corrected her.

"Can I talk please? God she's such a know it all. Anyway, yeah, that's what I do. And I heard your like the s**t or something. I mean, from what Spencer said you turned energy itself into matter! Wow, I mean I still get goose bumps thinking about that! You think you can show me sometime?" Shenell continued.

Ede walked up and took a seat beside Lennon. "She's here." Ede said leaning forward and saying to Spencer.

"Like as in right now? This second? Holy crap. You have got to be kidding me! Can a girl eat her damn burger!?" Spencer said pushing her tray away and looking around cautiously.

"Where?" Shenell asked, also looking around.

"What is going on? Do you guys think you could inform me for once?!" Lennon said, her cheeks turning red with anger.

"She's coming. Be ready." Ede said.

At that moment, Jewls walked up to the table. "Ladies. I think your waiting on me. Right?" She asked with a smile.

"What's going on?" Lennon asked. "Just a little girl talk." Jewls answered.

"What do you want?" Ede asked.

"I just thought I would make friends with people like myself. Minus the pig over there." Jewls said, pointing in Shenell's direction, wrinkling up her nose.

"She means here. What do you want in this town?" Spencer spoke with anger in her voice.

"Oh, well. I was just passing through and this lil darling caught my attention with the stench of energy she was putting off." Jewls said smiling at Lennon.

"Me? What about me?" Lennon sputtered.

"You guys honestly are the worst guardians ever." Shenell said rolling her eyes again.

"Guardians huh? I mean her no harm. I merely meant to see what the hype was about." Jewls said narrowing her eyes at Ede.

"Lennon can you excuse us." Ede said, not taking her eyes off Jewls.

Lennon reluctantly got up and walked off.

"Now, let us warn you. We might not be as powerful as you, but we will protect her." Ede said through gritted teeth.

"Child, don't flatter yourself. I'm not here to hunt you or your little girlfriend. I have my eyes set on something much better." Jewls laughed.

"Then why did my mother get a vision that you would do Lennon harm. My mothers visions are never wrong." Spencer said.

"Then she doesn't know the origin of her own power energy, because I am also a seer. And my visions do not always happen as I see them. But your mother is young, she has only lived half of a lifetime. I, on the other hand have been around for at least six lifetimes because I was lucky enough to obtain the ability to heal as well." Jewls said with a sly grin.

"I don't care about your life story, my mothers visions have never been wrong. And we might not be ancients with abilities that were stolen from others, but we are watching you." Ede said through gritted teeth.

"So be it." Jewls said, getting up and walking off. Her smile faded as she turned her back on the girls. They knew her plan, or the jist of it at least. They were going to make this difficult she suspected.

She headed out of the cafeteria and towards her car, she needed a cigarette. She had forgotten how much she despised the human education system.

She had been raised as a superior to humans, her mother taught her everything she needed to know. Her mother had been a powerful fulblood warjile. But her mother had only cared about her own survival and had never shown love to or taught Jewls to love others.

Jewls had never met her own father. Her mother had killed him while she was pregnant and having a hormonal day, or so the story she had been told went.

Jewls killed her mother when she was only sixteen, the power she had obtained in doing that made her drunken with greed for more.

She had been one of the most feared warjile for 120 years, being able to heal her own body, making her younger or changing her features had helped her to survive.

Many a warjile of pure blood had tried tracking or hunting her down, but she was untouchable, that is, until she met him.

He tracked her for three years, but somehow she always slipped away before he found her.

Michael Everett was beautiful, and like his parents he was of full warjile blood. His family were trackers as well.

They hunted down warjiles that turned the good their gods of the past had given them into something dark and wiked.

And he had been hunting Jewls for a long time. But then she had only been known as Julia.

In the three years he had been tracking her she had murdered over twenty warjiles. Before that, the numbers were in the sixties.

Their species had already started to dwindle, with pure bloods breeding with humans, and rogue warjiles like her didn't help.

When they finally found each other, Michael hadn't the heart to slay her, and she also fell in love with his pure innocent soul.

They wed five years after the hunt had started. Michael's family turned their backs on him, considering it a disgrace to their beings to marry someone who had murdered people of their own origin.

They lived a happy life together, it had seemed Julia had turned her life around. They lived the life as mortals, normal people.

When Julia gave birth to Lennon, their lives changed. Michael lived for his baby girl once she was born. Julia, on the other hand, couldn't handle the fact that she had to share the one love she had ever had, with something as small and as unimportant as a child.

After Lennon was born, Julia would disappear for weeks at a time. Michael had been so concerned with his daughter that he hardly paid attention to what his wife had been doing.

Until it was too late.

Julia blamed Lennon for the death of her husband. She took his love away not once, but twice, once she had been born, and then with the fire.

He had not tried to save her, his own wife. Instead, he chose to save his daughter. Too bad for him, he didn't have the power to heal himself, and she had to use all the energy she had to heal herself.

For that she had spent every waking minute of her life till now on plotting the death and distruction of her daughter. She would be like ashes in the wind.

RECRUITMENT:
Jewls walked through the parking lot to her black Cadillac. She saw a small group of girls standing around her car and whispering when they noticed she had spotted them.

"Ladies." Jewls said lighting a cigarette, taking long slow puffs. "We saw you talking to Ede and her freak gang." Jenny said crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"And? What do you girls want?" Jewls asked, not looking up from the ground where she had been staring at.

"Are you like them? A freak?" Hartley added on.

"Are you girls actually serious? Is this really happening? What if I am, are yall gonna get some torches and people of the village to burn me at the steak?" Jewls said laughing loudly out loud. "Do you have any idea what I am capable of?" Jewls said walking towards the girls.

"I'm not scared of you. I've seen all kinds of things people like you can do." Kirhsten said sputtering with fear.

"From who? Ede and her little wanna be clan? You have no idea what real power is. But, you unfortunately get the pleasure of all seeing first hand." Jewls said throwing her cigarette into the grass. "Go, through there." She instructed the girls, pointing to a path beside the school parking lot that led into the woods.

The girls looked reluctantly at each other. "Now!" Jewls said in a tone that made the girls jump. They scrambled, all visibly shaking, heading in the direction they had been instructed too.

They walked on for what seemed like hours, until they reached a clearing.

Kirhsten recognized it at once. It was the same field that she had been only a few days earlier with Ede, Spencer and Lennon.

Jewls walked over to the tree where Lennon had used her fire energy and touched the scorched parts of the tree.

"You know, Lennon has my former husbands energy. That is why I am here." Jewls said lost in her thoughts.

"Husband?" Jenny asked looking at the other girls with confusion.

"Ladies, I have a job for you all. And you can either agree to help me, or, well, you don't really want to know what will happen then do you?" Jewls asked looking at the girls with cockyness in her features.

"Why would we help you?" Kirhsten asked.

Jewls cast an evil look in her direction. "Are you stupid child? How dare you object or question me. Do it again, and I will destroy you!" Jewls hissed at her.

"What do you want us to do exactly?" Hartley asked hesitantly.

"If you girls would shut up I would be able to tell you!" Jewls screamed, balling her fist as they shook with anger.

The girls all seemed to crouch together closer as they visibly were scared.

"Lennon is my daughter. I am not the age that I seem. She killed my husband, I want what she has, and I will do anything that I can to get it." Jewls told them speaking slowly, so they could take it all in.

"Is this a joke?" Kirhsten asked looking at Jewls with confusion.

Jewls anger shown on her face, as it became a scarlet red. Kirhsten suddenly was lifted in the air, she let out a gasp before she slammed down onto the ground.

She let out a scream that would make a grown man shiver. Hartley and Jenny put their hands to theory mouths in horror.

Jewls walked over to the crumpled body of Kirhsten and crouched down. "I warned you, didn't I? Now are you going to shut up and do as I tell you?" She said, she had a laughter and excitement in her voice.

Kirhsten couldn't speak, she was gurgling blood, trying to breath. She managed to shake her head yes in response.

Jewls closed her eyes and laid a hand on Kirhsten. Their were sounds coming from Kirhsten bones that should never be made.

Her body convulsed in pain and low moans escaped her lips. After a few moments Jewls let go of Kirhsten and stood up. Kirhsten body didn't move.

"Is she, is she dead?" Jenny said taking a step closer to Kirhsten and leaned over to look.

"No, she's just in shock. She will wake up shortly, puke, and then be fine. I bet she doesn't act out again." Jewls said brushing off her knees where she had knelt on the damp ground.

"That was so bad a*s." Hartley suddenly said after being silent while the show went on. "I mean holy s**t! How did you learn that?!?" Hartley continued.

Jenny looked at Hartley with puzzlement, as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"I am so in!" Hartley said with excitement.

Jewls smiled at her. "Let's do work then."

A  DEATH IN THE FAMILY:
When Lennon entered her house, she knew something was wrong. There was an erie silence.

A few moments later she heard the door open and close behind her. Spencer, Ede and Shenell all came walking up behind her. Spencer stopped beside Lennon. "You feel it too?" Lennon asked sensing the unease with the other girls.

Ede and Spencer looked at each other and both yelled in unison, "Mom!"

The girls all separated, running around looking for momma Laura.

Moments later, Lennons scream filled the house, the screams came from her room. The girls scrambled up the stairs.

When they entered Lennons room they all gasped with shock and terror.

Ms. Laura's lifeless body laid on Lennons bed. Blood was everywhere. Spencer screamed then tried to run to the bed where her mothers body lay. Ede grabbed and held her back, holding her close to her.

"Holy s**t!" Shenell yelled while pointing to the ceiling fan. Another scream came from Spencer, she collapsed to the floor holding her head in her hands.

Ms. Laura's head hung from the chain attached to the fan, her mouth gaping open as if she had been screaming.

"Who would do this?" Shenell said through sobs and tears. "Look Ede said pointing to the wall the bed was up against.

"Omg." Lennon moaned while sinking to the floor.

Above the beds head board, scrawled in blood was a message.

IT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING LENNON. EVERYONE YOU LOVE WILL DIE.

"Shenell, Spencer, Lennon we need to leave now! Pack a bag. Were leaving in fifteen minutes." Ede said pulling Spencer up and pushing her towards the door.

She looked over at Lennon who still hadn't moved. "Lennon, pull yourself together!" Lennon looked up to see Shenell run and jump out of the window.

Lennon screamed and ran to the window to see Shenell turn into a bird in mid air, flying off. "She's going to get her things together Lennon. Now do the same!" Ede shouted.

Lennon started frantically getting things together. She threw some shirts, pants, shorts and undergarments together throwing them all into a bag.

Ede called for her from downstairs. Lennon grabbed the bag and ran down the stairway. When she got downstairs Shenell had made it back. Ede, Spencer and Shenell all sat at the table.

"We need to tell you something." Ede said. Spencer sat silent, shock read across her face.

"Lennon, Jewls is your mother." Ede said. "She is the one we think did... Did that to mom." Ede said, forcing the words out.

"That's impossible. She didn't survive the fire." Lennon said squinting her eyes. "No Lennon, she is a healer, she healed herself then used the energy to make herself younger looking and has been trying to get your fathers energy power from you."

"Wait, what? How do you know this?" Lennon asked not understanding exactly what was going on.

"You killed your father Lennon. You caused the fire." Ede said. "When you killed him, you absorbed his energy. He saved you, not your mother, and she hates you for it. Your father was a tracker. That was his energy. He could locate any warjile he wanted, simply by thinking about them, he can also sense their energy and how powerful they are from anywhere. Your mother slaughters people like us to absorb their energy, so she wants that energy skill you have. If she kills you then she can get that power. She recently found something your father left for you. A book." Ede continued.

"What? A book? I, I, I don't understand." Lennon said, staring off into space. Not understanding what all was going on.

"Mom told us about a week ago. She had seen everything in a vision. I wonder if she saw what was going to happen to her?" Ede trailed off thinking out loud.

"The book was a book of every family of warjiles. Full bloods and half bloods and the powers they possess. It has been documented from the beginning of our peoples time. And every family of trackers have a book like it. He left it for you and your mother found it. And now she wants your fathers power to track them all down. She is going to try and kill you Lennon. And she will stop and nothing to do it."

ABANDONED:
Lennon had found more about her history in the passed few months than she had ever expected.

She learned that life wasn't as simple as black and white, like books of history she had read in school.

There was more to the human world. There were such things as the horror stories children feared.

Bumps in the night. Creatures under your bed. The nightmares were all now a reality.

And Lennon felt like she had just woken from a bad dream, only to realise her nightmare was a reality.

She wished Baze were there. She trusted him. She felt like she could rely on him as a friend.

She didn't understand what the fued with him and Ede and Spencer were, but she just wished it would end.

They got into Ede's Nissan Titan and started driving.

"Where are we going?" Lennon asked, still stunned with everything that had happened in the course of a few hours.

"Were going to see some friends of my mothers. It's not far." Ede answered.

They drove in silence for a while, then suddenly it as if Spencer had woken from a nap.

"I will avenge her Ede. Lennon, I'm not sorry for saying this, but I'm going to kill your mother. Im going to rip her apart, limb from f*****g limb!" Spencer said, her voice getting louder and louder with each sentence.

"Spence, cut it out. Your just upset." Ede said, looking in the rear view window at Lennon.

"No. It's ok Ede. She's right. We have to stop her. She can't keep doing this. It's not right." Lennon said looking sympathetically in Spencer's direction.

"If you wouldn't have come here, this never would never have happened." Spencer said turning around and facing Lennon from the front seat.

"Spencer. Enough!" Ede said cutting eyes at her sister.

"No! It's not enough. It will never be enough! If mom saw Lennon coming, and the danger then she saw what was going to happen to herself. You know what that means! She took her in, knowing it would bring about her own death! It's her fault my mother is dead! Her fault!" Spencer screamed, pointing at Lennon.

Her face was a deep red, you could smell the rage pouring from her.

Ede pulled the truck over to the side of the road, tires screeching. "Out!" Ede yelled. Spencer shot Lennon a look that sent shivers down her spine.

Spencer and Ede got out of the car and walked a few feet away, tension and anger making them both shake visibly.

Lennon sat in silence in the backseat, Shenell was obviously uncomfortable with the bickering.

"She's just hurting. You know she doesn't really mean what she is saying." Shenell tried reassuring Lennon.

"But she is right Shenell. All of this is my fault. I got their mother killed. All because she wanted to protect me. I can't let that happen again." Lennon said. She looked down at the floor of the truck, tears rolling down her face.

Lennon looked at Ede and Spencer who were still a bit of a distance away from the truck. "Everyone I love will die." She whispered.

"What?" Shenell asked, not hearing Lennon.

"Tell them I'm sorry." Lennon said looking at her friend, who were still arguing about her.

Lennon looked at them for a few moments, then opened up the car door and ran off into the woods across the street.

She ran for what seemed like forever. Tears streaming down her face. Branches from trees scratched at her.

"What are you doing? Where are you supposed to go?" Lennon asked herself.

She ran until she cleared the woods. She saw the road that she had lived on.

"School. I'll hide out there till I figure out a plan. It's Friday, I'll have the whole weekend." She thought to herself.

Lennon walked up a few blocks till she made it to Hawthorne's grounds. She walked to the back of the campus towards the gym.

Across the street Baze and his father stood on the porch watching her.

"Now is your chance boy. She's vulnerable. Can you smell her pain? She trusts you." Mr. Newman said. "Don't let me down boy, make an example of her to the other warjiles." He continued.

Baze stared at her, he nodded still silent, then started to walk across the street in the direction of Lennon.

A few miles away, Ede and Spencer walked back to the truck. Ede got in, noticing Lennons absence.

"Um, where's Lennon?" She asked.

Shenell looked guiltily at Ede then at Spencer. "She started talking crazy. She said to tell you that she is sorry." Shenell said.

"Seriously? You just let her run off? She's in danger!" Ede screamed.

"Mom gave us instructions that if anything happened to go to the coven! We have to warn them. We will need all of them!" Spencer said.

"We can't just leave her Spencer. Your angry. We discussed this." Ede said.

"She will be fine till we get the others. If Jewls were to find us, we wouldn't have a chance against her. We need the others." Spencer said putting a reassuring hand on her sisters.

"No. Were going back. She's at the school I think. That's all I keep seeing when I try to read her mind. I think she's in trouble." Ede said trying to concentrate.

"Then we will all die." Spencer said rolling her eyes.

Ede thought for a short while. Her thoughts went from her sister, to her mother and then to Lennon.

She didn't know what to do. She lost her mother, did she want to chance losing her sister?

Ede reluctantly put the car in drive, then headed back on the path they head been heading before. They needed the others.

Lennon would have to fend for herself.

PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
Lennon walked into the locker room of the gymnasium. She stopped at a mirror in front of a sink.

Her face had deep scratches where limbs had cut her face as she ran through the woods..smudges of dirt and blood covered most of her face, there were streaks where tears had washed away the combination, and there were twigs stuck in her hair.

She got undressed and walked to the showers where she collapsed. Bringing her legs up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them.

She let the warm water wash away the dirt, tears, blood and pain.

She finally got up and bathed herself. She grabbed a towel from the rack and walked over to her locker that each girl was assigned.

She had some extra clothes that she kept there, in case she might need it, she got dressed and walked back out into the gym.

It looked so empty like this. Without PE students bouncing balls, or sitting in the bleachers.

She walked to the middle of the basketball court and sat on the painted bulldog that was the school mascot.

She laid on her back, staring up at the large white ceiling. She was lost in her own thoughts.

"If my mother wants me dead then she better be ready. I am not gonna just go down without a fight." She said sitting up.

She had thought so many hours over the past years on what her mother was like. She could never remember, now she was glad for that.

No child wants to imagine they are, or were unloved by their parent. But just like her nightmare of a life, she wasn't surprised at all.

Everything else in her world, she had been wrong about. Why not this too?

She saw a bin of basketballs that sat under the goal. She stood up and started to walk over to them, but stopped after a few steps.

I need to make my powers more controlled, she thought to herself.

She focused on the basketballs but nothing happened. "Come on. Get it together." She said to herself. She focussed again, the ball bin turned over and basketballs scattered everywhere.

Lennon let out a scream of frustration. She felt exhausted, and she had hardly done anything.

She bent over, putting her hands on her knees. Tears started streaming down her face.

She saw a flash of memory, of Ms. Laura in her thoughts. Her body laid across her bed. Her head hanging from the fan and the words scrawled in blood above her bed.

Lennon felt heat start to rise in her as anger roared inside her. She clinched her jaw and stood up.

She looked at the balls which were now scattered all over the gyms wooden floor. She saw in her mind what she wanted them to do.

Suddenly one of the balls floated up in the air, followed by another ball, then another.

Within a matter of seconds, all of the balls were floating around her. She sent one ball flying in the direction of the basketball goal, it flew through the hoop.

Lennon smiled, the balls started circling her. Faster and faster they flew. She sent the balls soaring high into the air, then held them there.

Suddenly one of the balls exploded as it popped making a deafening echo.

One by one she popped the balls with ease using her mind. She let the debris fall all around her like Orange leather snow.

She looked around the gym, then looked toward the goal. She closed her eyes and the goals screws started falling one by one onto the floor.

The goal then came off its hinge, floating towards Lennon, then resting onto the ground.

She then turned her attention to the bleachers, she started slamming them closed one at a time.

For the first time in her life she felt powerful and strong.

She knew what she had to do.

Kill her mother.

She started to head out of the gym when Baze walked through the door. She was startled. She felt a tingling sensation in her chest.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. Baze had a serious look on his face. He walked up to Lennon and grabbed her arm.

"Come with me." He said and started dragging her out of the gym.

FRENEMIES:
Lennon yanked her arm away from Baze. "What are you doing?" She asked, stepping back.

"We don't have time Lennon. We need to leave." Baze said looking out the glass door. You could tell he was uneasy, he seemed as if he was very on edge.

"Why?" She asked him with suspicion. "Look Lennon I'm gonna cut the crap. I knew about you, from the second I met you, I've known about you." He said glaring at her.

"What? Are you one of us?" She asked him, fear was starting to set in.

Baze took a step towards her, his face blank and unreadable.

In a split second she reacted. She picked him up with her power, holding him high above the air. She threw him across the gymnasium. His body slammed into the wall opposite of where she stood.

He let out a yelp. Lennon watched as he got up, as if nothing had happened and started running towards her. He didn't even make it to half court when Lennon pushed him again sending him flying into the wall for second time.

He once again got up, this time he moved so fast that Lennon couldn't even see it. One second he was at the other end of the gym, the next he was tackling Lennon.

He held her down with ease. "It's no use to fight me!" He snarled. She had never known that someone could be this strong. What was he? A vampire or something likw

She didn't give up. She didn't know what was going on, or why Baze was doing this.

"Your only making this harder on yourself!" Baze grunted through clenched teeth.

Lennon used her force to lift him, but the grip that he had on her made her lift herself along with him.

The shock that he brought her in the air along with him distracted her long enough for her to loose her concentration.

Baze and Lennon plummeted to the floor, Lennon screamed. Before they hit the ground, Baze turned himself to take the full blow from the fall, protecting Lennon so she wouldn't be hurt.

Baze jumped to his feet, expecting Lennon to attack again, but she didn't move.

She laid on the wooden gym floor, motionless. Baze dove to her side, scooping her up and shaking her. "S**t! Lennon, wake up! Wake up!"

After a few seconds Lennon's eyes fluttered open. She looked at Baze and tried to push herself away. Confusion and fear could easily be read across her face.

"Lennon I'm trying to help you!" He screamed grabbing her face in his hands.

Her face softened. She wanted to believe him. All he ever was to her was nice.

"Your just telling me that so you can steal my powers. You, you want to track down other Warjiles." She sputtered, trying to read his face.

"You think I'm a Warjile?" He said smiling. "Oh hell no. I'm not a damn witch!" He threw his head back and let out a barking laugh. He stood up and pulled Lennon to her feet.

"Do you know what Sollien's are?" He asked running a hand through his hair.

"No, I don't think so." Lennon answered rubbing her arm that had been twisted either during their wrestle or the fall.

"Of course not! You didn't even know what you were, much less the other kinds of things out there." He said shaking his head.

"Makes me wonder how you survived this long. It's almost like... No, nevermind." Baze said, his voice trailing off.

"No tell me." Lennon said staring at Baze's face trying hard to get some kind of clue from his expression.

"It doesn't matter. It's impossible. They are banned from doing earthly things." Baze said in a steady tone. Lennon didn't believe him, but decided to let it go anyway.

"Wanna grab something to eat?" He asked changing the subject. "Ugh! Sure!" Lennon said slowly, not sure how this situation had turned so quickly. Her stomach felt as if it were tied in knots from anxiety.

"What are we gonna do about this mess?" Lennon asked taking a look around at the mess and mayhem she had made in the gymnasium.

"Well coach is gonna have a heart attack, but that's about it. There aren't any cameras or anything." Baze said reassuringly.

They left the gym and started walking towards town. "So anyway. What is a Sollien? I don't think I'm familiar with that term, much less what it is exactly." Lennon asked.

"Do we really need to get into that?" He asked in almost a whisper. "Please. Everyone else keeps secrets from me. I feel like I can trust you. I don't want secrets between us." Lennon stopped walking and stood looking at Baze with pleading in her eyes.

"Fine, come on let's sit and talk." He said pointing over to a swingset in a park across the street.

They walked over and sat side by side on the swings. Baze took a deep breath, he was visibly uncomfortable with where this conversation was going.

"Sollien's. Where to begin? Well, were, your kind and mine, are supposed to hate each other." He started, he laughed a little, then his face went serious.

"It is literally painful for me to be here beside you. See, well, we don't have souls. The humans God became angry with us and cursed us to live forever in pain and eternal hunger. We were angels in his court of heaven. We feed off the souls of living things, Warjiles, shapeshifters and humans, anything with souls. If you don't get it, I understand. I don't even understand it sometimes." Baze leaned forward, putting his elbows onto his knees.

"I get the round about of it." Lennon said. "So were supposed to hate each other eh?" She joked, kicking Baze softly.

"Yeah. See your kind has more than one soul. You have a part of the gods that gave you your energy power. Your one with the gods, just as you are one with each other of your kind. That's why trackers can sense other Warjiles so easily. If we were to kill one of your kind then we feel complete, for a while at least. But if the Warjile is too powerful, it would kill us to even attempt that. It would take who knows how many Solliens, just to kill one ancient, if it could even be done. But anyway. That's my story." He said seeming more at ease.

"Wow. Moments like this make me question the world I lived in before. I mean everything is different now. I don't know how I never knew any of this before when I was, well, normal." Lennon said.

"People see what they want to see. They don't want to." Baze said with a sigh. He suddenly looked her in the eyes, a look like none she had ever gotten before. She felt her pulse quicken, the hairs stood up on the back of her neck, goosebumps covered her body and a chill went up her spine. Baze took a step towards her putting his hand in her hair getting closer and closer to her. She froze, she wanted and longed for his touch. He leaned in and gently placed his lips on hers. The warmth of his touch made her melt. He kissed her more deeply, pulling her closer to him.

She wrapped her arms around his neck running her fingers through his hair. She felt herself start to spin, she felt her heart speed up. She felt her legs buckle out from under her as she slipped into a bliss of Baze's lips.

WAR:
She felt her world around her spinning. Is this love? So many things flashed through her mind.

Ede's voice ran through her head. She cared about her, but was it as family? She had an attraction to her that was for sure.

She just didn't know what it meant. She had never found another girl attractive. It must be all of the craziness that had been going on with her life.

But then again, what if it wasn't? What if it was something that needed to happen. Fate?

She continued to hear Ede's voice playing over and over again in her head. It kept getting louder.

Lennon could feel herself slipping away.

There was Ede's voice again, repeating her name over and over again.

"Lennon! Don't you dare leave us! Wake up Lennon! Wake up!" Ede's voice kept screaming.

Lennon opened her eyes. She couldn't make out anything but shapes and light.

"She's awake!" Ede screamed. Lennon's eyes began to focus. She could make out Ede who was sitting on the ground holding her in her arms. Spencer was standing over her as well.

There were other faces, but none of them that Lennon knew. "What's going on? Where's Baze?" Lennon asked in a drunken manner.

"Lennon we thought we had lost you." Spencer looked at Lennon sympathetically.

"I was so worried we loose you and I wouldn't get a chance to tell you how sorry I was for being such a jack a*s!" The desperation for forgiveness in her voice was so moving that it brought tears to her eyes.

"It is like it never happened. You were emotional. It happens." Lennon said sitting up.

Moments later four people came running from the woods that were beside the park. "We caught up with him." One said out of breath.

"Did you kill him?" Ede asked. "Yes, we crushed him then burnt him till he was left as ash." The girl said.

"Who? What are you saying? Where is Baze!?" Lennon said with franticness in her voice.

"Lennon you don't know what he was. He was consuming your energy. He was using you." Spencer said reassuringly.

"You don't understand! He told me everything. He wouldn't hurt me Spencer." Lennon said trying to get up from the ground. But it was too soon, she was still week.

"Lennon we got here right before you were both destroyed. His kind cannot absorb and consume a pure Warjile by himself. He would have died either way. He used you." Ede said looking suspiciously at Lennon.

"He saved me! I tried to kill him and endangered myself and he saved me. What did you do Ede?" Lennon said.

"Hush now girl." Sad a voice coming from behind her. A large woman walked over to her. She was muscular and tall. She had short black hair and amber colored eyes. She had muscles like a man, and there was nothing feminine about her. She wore khaki cargo shorts with saddles that Lennon had only seen in older movies. Her shirt was nothing more than a cut off black sleepless t-shirt. "You weak child, get up. Your embarrassing yourself." She said looking Lennon over with disgust.

"Mahlania, go easy on the child." Said a softer voice. An older woman approached Lennon. She had a soft face, it was friendly. She had curly blond hair that was short and curled around her face. She wore a red tank top and short blue jean shorts. She walked over and squatted down, placing her hands on her. She closed her eyes and once again Lennon felt dizzy. After a few more seconds Lennon felt better. In fact, she felt stronger than she ever had. "There, all better." She said with a warm smile.

"Lennon, meet Eezeikiah. She is an elder healer. And you have met Mahlania, she is a tracker." Spencer said.

"Does she not know any knowledge of her kind or the evil of what endangers her?" Mahlania said turning her back and walking away.

"I just want to know if Baze is okay. He wouldn't hurt me I swear." Lennon said with tears in her eyes.

"Poor child. He was in the process of consuming your soul. You might think that he cared, but Sollien's have no soul to care or have feelings. All they care about is feeding. You have been mislead. He didn't know you were of pure blood obviously. Either that or he was so overwhelmed by your energy that he couldn't control himself. He probably wanted a taste and couldn't control himself to stop. Your "friend" nearly perished due to his own stupidity. He became drunken with your energy, overdosing. Apparently he left you for dead, and tried to return to wherever he was going, but passed out. Luckily we found him and destroyed him." Eezeikiah said reassuringly.

Lennon didn't believe it. He wouldn't have done that. But the more she thought about it, the more sense it made. He had even said so himself that it was a battle not to let into his feelings to consume her soul. Maybe the temptation became too much for him.

She felt her heart sink as reality once again began to set in. Ede looked at her sternly. "I warned you about him. It's your own fault this happened." Ede said turning her back and walking away.

Lennon could feel the pain that Ede was feeling. She felt like she had betrayed one of the few people that actually loved and cared for her.

"I need to see him." Lennon said staring blankly at Eezeikiah and Mahlania.

"This way." Mahlania instructed walking off into the wooded area. Lennon got up and followed closely along with Spencer and Ede.

Mahlania walked a bit further and stopped. She looked around confused. "Shanya, Emerald, David! Where is the body?" She screamed at a group of young adults that had been standing also with the girls.

"We left it here. Only a few minutes ago." The boy, David said. "Were you sure he was dead? Did you rip his limbs apart and burn to it to ashes?" Mahlania asked getting close enough to David's face that he literally looked like he shrunk back with fear.

"N... N... No mother." David said.

Lennon looked from Mahlania to David. How could she not have seen it. They looked exactly alike.

Lennon was in shock over what she was hearing. "Well he didn't just get up and walk away. Someone had to move the body. Search the woods." Mahlania instructed the group.

Lennon was frozen in place. Maybe he had survived. Maybe someone even helped him. She hoped. She knew if something happened, it wasn't intentional. Mistakes happen. She learned that with her own mishaps, killing her father for example.

She felt torn. She had feelings for Baze, that was for certain. But she had no idea what she was feeling for Ede. She didn't want to hurt her, but she also had never liked a girl, so she didn't know of it was feelings that were deep or just caring like family.

She might never get her chance to find out what would have happened. What could have happened with Baze.

"We need to go. The longer we wait, the longer your mother has to prepare." Mahlania said firmly.

"Where are we going?" Lennon asked. "Mahlania has found the area where your mom is waiting." Spencer said.

"Waiting?" Lennon asked in confusion. "She knows we will come after her for what she did to mom. She is trying to lure us in. Ede had a vision that she is controlling everyone she can. She knows that if she has an army of innocent people that we will be hesitant to kill them. She can control normal humans with just a look in her eyes." Spencer said.

"So what does that mean? We will have to kill innocent people? They don't have powers like us, they wouldn't stand a chance against one of us. I, I, I don't think I can do this guys." Lennon said pulling her blond hair. It was not long and beautiful looking like it normally was. From passing out on the ground she had mud that matted it together.

"Grow up. If you don't deal with it now, then you will be running for the rest of your life. Always looking over your shoulder. Every sound making you jump, ever potential love or friend making you shun for fear of something like this happening again. Could you live like that? That is not living child. Stand up for yourself if not for your friends, your kind. She will never stop killing. Never stop searching, trying to destroy you. You are of pure blood, start acting like it! Those humans are mere pawns in her game. If she cannot use them to distract us from her goal, she will destroy them anyway. They are already dead." Mahlania shouted.

"Do it for mom." Spencer said looking at the ground. Lennon's heart sank. Mrs. Laura died defending, protecting her. Julia might be her mother, but Mrs. Laura was her mother figure.

She knew what she had to do. "Let's do it." Lennon said, feeling the pure blood and pure energy course through her body.

"Where are we going?" Lennon asked. Eezeikiah looked at the girl and placed a hand on Lennon's shoulder. "To our doom." She said looking off, speaking softly.

THE BEGINNING OF THE END:
Lennon exhaled as she stood in the foggy clearing of the woods. The cold moisture of the humidity sent a shiver down her spine. Ede stood beside her on her right, Spencer on her left. Mahlania and Eezeikiah stood beside them, Shenelle, David and the others stood behind them.

There were ten totaled, and Lennon hoped that would be enough.

"Where is she? What are we waiting for?" Spencer asked. "Is she too scared to face us now? All talk and no action? Come out you piece of s**t! Come get what's coming to you!" Spencer screamed.

Eezeikiah placed a gentle hand on Spencer's shoulder. "Patience young one. Your chance will soon come. Go into battle with a level head, not of rage." Eezeikiah added softly.

"She will try to use your rage to her advantage. If you loose your cool you will be so consumed in rage to focus on working as a group. She's here already. Waiting and watching. Don't listen to what she says. She will only try to distract you. Do not worry about the humans. The others will deal with them, our focus is with Julia. Try to spare as many lives as possible, but if you must, then kill them." Mahlania said, not ramifications her eyes from the woods.

The sounds of footsteps on damp grass echoed through the woods. Twigs and branches snapped loudly. The sounds got closer and closer. "It is time children." Said Eezeikiah whispering.

Lennon's body started to shake in fear, her palms and forehead glistened with sweat. Lennon suddenly felt someone grab her hand. She looked down, and saw that Ede's hand intertwined with hers. Ede looked at Lennon and smiled softly. "I won't let anything happen to you. I'll never leave your side." She said calmly to Lennon.

Somehow, Lennon knew she meant it. She didn't doubt her words for a second. She never had.

Deep in the wood, another group stood. Men, women and even children stood facing the woods, ready for their commands, all of them trapped within their own minds.

Julia stood behind them. Hartley, Jenny and Kirhsten stood beside her. Julia turned and faced them.

"You will go around with a small group of the humans, I want those witches boxed in. The more they panic the easier it will be to overcome them." She said to the girls.

"What will we be doing exactly?" Jenny asked. "You are going to make sure the ones with powers don't die, and mostly, make sure Lennon isn't killed by accident or anything like that. I must be the one to kill the Warjiles, or else their power will just go to waste. They might be halfbreeds, but power is power. Every little bit makes me stronger." Julia said looking at the girls.

"What about after? What happens when this is over?" Kirhsten asked. "You can have one of my powers. Whichever one you choose, I'll give without question." Julia said smiling.

"Deal." Hartley said, not waiting for the others response.

A few miles away Baze started coming around on the couch he laid on in his living room. His head was filled with pain, his ears rang with the pounding feeling of a migraine.

He sat up and saw his father walking over to him. Disappointment filled his face. "What happened? How did I get home?" Baze asked, holding his head in his hands.

"You were about to spend eternity scattered around the world. Luckily I got to you before they burned your limbs to ashes." His father said putting his head in his hands.

Sollien's could be killed one of two ways. If they try to single handedly kill a pure blood they would literally explode. Their bodies couldn't control a pure soul since they had two souls in one. The bad thing about Warjiles was it was hard to tell a halfblood from a pure one. This is why they generally avoided them.

The second way was if they were destroyed. They would have to be ripped apart, burned to ashes, then seperate and scatter the ashes and buried them on holy ground.

"What happened son?" His father asked him.

"I couldn't stop myself anymore. I had to taste her energy. Just a little. I stopped though. Her soul wasn't worth loosing her forever father. I don't know why. I just can't do it, I don't want to do it. I would feel like I lost my own soul if she died." Baze said pleading his case to his father.

Mr. Newman rose to his feet, his face red with anger. "You don't have a soul to feel like you have lost one! You will not keep her alive. You have worked to hard on breaking her down to let you in. I will not loose another loved one to a mere mortal! That is what their kind do boy! You know how long it takes to feed off them. You have to let me accept and trust you with their soul. Your supposed to act like you love them, not actually do it! You fed on that Jenny girls soul for a while, people notice that she has grown wiked because part of her soul is gone! No soul means no compassion! I don't care if her taste was bitter or horrible. It was still a soul!" His father boomed.

"You cannot tell me who I will take and who I will spare. I am my own person." Baze said back firmly. "You fool! You are no person! Have you gone mad?" His father screamed.

"I passed out when I made myself stop from killing her. I guess that I was overcome with excitement and her energy. The point is, I stopped!" Baze said once again in a pleading manner.

"You became weak by letting your guard down. You were disabled by lust. It was a set up son. They waited till you were distracted and overpowered you. The only reason your alive is because Lennon awoke from passing out when you had taken a taste of her energy. Don't you see son? She doesn't care about you. It was a set up son." His father exclaimed.

"That makes no sense. No one knew where we were! I don't remember being attacked. I just sort of passed out I guess." Baze said confused.

"This girl has blinded you! You act like you are a child Sollien! Like you cannot sense danger for yourself because you are so blinded by lust for this girl!" His father screamed.

"Your wrong." Baze said. "Come, I will show you. She is with a coven of her kind. They are gathering for something. The only reason it could be would be would be to kill us. They know of us." Mr. Newman said pulling at his hair and pacing.

"She didn't know of us till I explained to her." Baze said. He wished immediately that he hadn't.

"You did what!? You fool! Come. We end this now!" Mr. Newman said grabbing Baze by the arm and pulling him towards the door.

Back at the meadow, the sound of approaching footsteps grew louder and louder. "It's time. Be ready for anything!" Mahlania shouted.

Suddenly from the trees, a child emerged. She was no more than ten years old. She walked a few feet then stopped short.

"I can't find my mommy." The little girl said wiping her eyes, tears fell down her cheeks.

"Do not fall for their lies! They will try to deceive us!" Mahlania screamed. "Be ready to attack!" She added.

"But she's just a child Mahlania." Lennon said.

"She's under Julia's control Lennon. She does as Julia tells her. That is no more a child in that bodies mind then there is a mother lost in the woods that she is looking for. She is trying to distract us." Ede said, squeezing Lennon's hand.

"Is that all you have witch? A child to do your dirty work?" Spencer screamed towards the woods.

The little girl looked at them, tilting her head to one side.

"Very well, we will cut the bullshit and go right into the slaughter then. I was having fun playing." The little girl said in a evil voice, she definitely was being controlled by Julia, Lennon though to herself, no regular child could be that creepy.

Suddenly a woman emerged from the forest, then a man, then another child and another man and woman. When they finally stopped coming from the woods, there was a good twenty or thirty people standing before them.

"This is going to get ugly real fast." Ede said.

THE END OF THE BEGINNING:
An eerie silence filled the woods. On one side of the clearing stood Lennon and the other Warjiles. On the other, the mind controlled people that Julia used like puppets, cleared a space so Julia could walk through.

Suddenly a noise from behind them made Lennon and the others turn around quickly. A short distance behind them, more people emerged from the woods. Lennon gasped in surprise when she saw Hartley, Jenny and Kirhsten along with the others.

"Kirhsten is one of her zombies?" Spencer asked. "Negative ghost rider." Hartley said with a cocky smile. "We actually are here by choice." Jenny added. "Are you serious? I mean really? What a b***h a*s move." Spencer yelled. "Okay Kirhsten, If this is how you want to play it, then that's fine." Ede said glaring at her former best friend.

"You don't scare me. Don't forget, I know everything about you, everything!" Kirhsten screamed back. "You betrayed me for her! And for what?! You know that it will never happen?" Kirhsten said sneering. "Shut up Kirhsten." Spencer said. "Make me b***h." Kirhsten responded placing her hands on her hips. "You know your mother had a vision that you two will never be together. Yet you still chase the idea. Pathetic!" Kirhsten continued.

"ENOUGH!" Julia screamed. "She is not who you should be worried about." There was a stillness to the silence that had settled in the wooded clearing. Suddenly without a word, the children that Julia was controlling started running toward the group. "Form a circle! Back to back, they are trying to ambush us! No one is to leave Lennon alone!" Mahlania screamed. In a matter of seconds they had formed a circle. Lennon watched as one the children sprinted towards her. A little boy, no more than eight or nine, stopped in front of her, as if he was wanting to attack her, but couldn't, he then turned and focused on Spencer who stood beside her.

Spencer pushed the boy high into the air, without even having to move her hands using her powers, then slammed him into the ground. Lennon let out a low moan in horror. There was no way she could do that to a child. A girl who was probably ten years old ran at the group. She jumped onto one of the younger female Warjiles that were there with Mahlania. The young girl had frozen with surprise as the child jumped onto her. The little girl grabbed the woman's hair, yanking it out in large chunks. The woman screamed out in pain. The child bit down on the woman's face. She was so quick. She then bit down on her ear, ripping it off with her teeth.

Blood was everywhere. The little girl looked at Lennon with blood dripped from her chin. She smiled wickedly at her, her small white teeth shown through all the blood that covered her small face, the woman, now laid on the ground twitching violently. The girl still clung to her, she looked back at the woman and then brought her face quickly down to the woman's neck, ripping with her teeth at her throat.

David who had been busy fending off other killer children, saw what had happend. He let out a wail and ran over to the woman. The girl who had been chewing on her was lifted into the air and was slammed into a nearby tree, a limb pierced through her stomach, the limb jutted out. The little girls bright red dress with white shoes looked like something out of a horror movie. Her face still dripping with blood. Her brown hair up in pigtails, white bows decorated each side. He kneeled down beside the woman, cradling her body, rocking back and forth. "Eezeikiah! Heal my wife! Heal Lahna! There is still time!" He screamed.

The old woman looked at him with sympathy. "She is gone boy. Let not her death be in vain. Avenge her! Avenge her!" The woman said sternly. Shenelle stood her ground firmly. Suddenly she jumped forward and ripped through her clothes and transformed into a lioness in a matter of seconds. Lennon watched in awe as the huge cat ran right at a child, clawing at his face, shredding it like paper. Shenelle then grabbed another girl by the side of her belly, bitting a chunk the size of a basketball from it.

Lennon looked around, at the bodes laying around her. There was a high pitched laugh from the large group of people standing at the woods clearing. Clapping and laughing Julia seemed amused by all that was going on. "That was great! Considering that they were like five years old, and they almost kicked your assess! Imagine what will happen next!" She said laughing. The adults started slowly walking towards them. Lennon's group was down to nine. Shenelle was now back in human form, standing naked on the wet grass. Her nudity obviously not bothering her. They formed another circle, ready for anything. Some of the adults started jogging towards them, some then went into a full sprint. Others still walked slowly. It was an ambush from all sides. Ede put her hands out, and suddenly the trees that were standing around them started falling. One by one, some of them landing right on top of the running people.

Spencer used her force energy and sent some of the people flying backwards. They twisted and turned into ways that no body should be in. Some slammed into trees. Some just fell to the ground. The ones that could get up, got up and ran back towards the group. Shenelle transformed again. This time she changed into something that made Lennon's jaw drop. A huge grizzly bear. Shenelle let out a roar that made the trees around them vibrate. She ran full force towards the oncoming groups of zombies. "I am so tired of this bullshit!" Julia screamed. Julia then started approaching the group. Ede let out a curse word that Lennon couldn't quite make out. "She's mine." Spencer said. Ede screamed in objection as Spencer started running in Julia's direction. Julia, on the other hand, headed straight for the bear. Once again, Shenelle let out a loud roar. She got within reaching distance of her, and in a full sprint dove in her direction. Effortlessly Julia flicked her wrist, and Shenelle went flying into the air. She slammed into a nearby tree. A loud crunch followed by a blood curdling scream filled the forest. In the blink of an eye Shenelle was back in human form.

Julia still approached in the same pace as she had been, not skipping a beat. Most of the people had been put down, the few that were still trying to attack the group were like broken dolls. Nothing could stop them apparently. Ede was grabbed by one of the men. He started thrashing at her, punching her in the face, stomach and anywhere he could connect his fist with. Lennon reacted the only way she knew how, she sent the man flying. He immediately jumped back to his feet and started running at them again. Lennon thought to herself, what do I do? She focused, suddenly fire jumped from her finger tips. The flames consumed the man. He immediately turned to ashes. She turned to a woman who was running in their direction, and sent a Sharp piece of ice flying her way. It cut through her neck, decapitation her.

She let the powerful energy she felt running through her body take over. She looked around, throwing up her hands, all of the brain controlled zombies burst into flames. Julia had focussed her attention on the others. Mahlania lifted her arms and lightening struck the ground by Julia. Julia laughed, throwing her head back.

This angered Mahlania more than anything. Eezeikiah stood quietly, observing everything taking place. She held up her arms and water started to pour from the sky in thick sheets. Lightning plummeted towards Julia again. Julia pointed a hand into the air just as Mahlania sent a bolt towards her. Expecting Julia to be hurt by the power of the lightening, it was to their surprise that she stood unharmed.

She laughed loudly. Eezeikiah took advantage of her celebration. She sent a ball of water that she had formed instantly flying towards the lightning that Julia held in her hand. There were no sparks, no fire, no explosions like you see in movies when people get electrified. Julia's eyes rolled back in her head and she shook violently. The lightening it self she had been in control of, but the mixture of water being added to it, was too much for anyone to handle, human or Warjile. She crumpled to the floor in a steaming heap of flesh. Like a fresh steak being thrown onto a grill.

Eezeikiah smiled and turned to the group. "There children. Rest easy now..." She didn't get to finish her sentence. Her face twisted in pain and agony. She fell to her knees, behind her Julia stood, jaw clenched, eyes cutting daggers into the back of Eezeikiah's head. Julia was no longer the beautiful woman she had once been. Her hair had been burnt away to nothing on one side. All that remained was black and burned raw skin. Half of her face was distorted and blistered, the other half looked as normal as can be. She reminded Lennon of two face from Batman comics and movies. Eezeikiah screamed in pain again. Her hands flew to her head. Blood began to trickle from her nose and ears. Her fingers all began to snap in positions they shouldn't. There were snapping sounds coming from everywhere under Eezeikiah's skin.

She started gasping for air, clawing at her throat. Her hands flew to her eyes as she screamed over and over again. Suddenly Eezeikiah stopped screaming and fell face first onto the dirt, motionless. A bright white ball of light came out of Eezeikiah's mouth and flew quickly into Julia's chest. Julia shivered as she absorbed Eezeikiah's energy. "Well that was useless. Yet again another seer. Can't I get something good sometime?" Julia said while rolling her eyes. Lennon grabbed her ears and fell to her knees on the ground. She had never heard someone scream that way. Mahlania ran towards Eezeikiah, but she was thrown back in a tree. Spencer stood, locked in fear, while Ede pushed trees towards Julia to distract her. Lennon saw Kirhsten grab Ede by the hair and yank, Ede, startled, fell back onto the ground. Jenny ran towards Ede to help Kirhsten. She kicked her square in the face, Ede's yell echoed within the meadow. Kirhsten lifted her hand to hit Ede when Lennon felt anger boil in her blood. She flicked her wrist and sent Jenny flying into a fallen tree. Her head caught the trunk of the tree making the sound of bones being crushed. She lay on her back, dead, blood pouring from her ears and nose due to her broken neck.

Kirhsten stared Lennon down without blinking. She smiled and looked at Julia. "You can't touch me. Julia has my back." Kirhsten bragged. "Actually, I never did like you very much." Julia said, placing a foot on Eezeikiah's dead body and leaned onto her knee in a relaxed manner. Kirhsten's jaw dropped. "But, but, you said you would protect us! That if we did this, we would get to have power, like yours." She sputtered. "Stupid girl. It doesn't work that way! I can't just give anyone my powers." She said laughing. Kirhsten started realising that she had been tricked, not that she had really wanted to be in on anything dealing with Julia. But she didn't expect something like this. The entire reason she hated Lennon was because she thought she had stolen her best friend Ede from her.

When Kirhsten had heard Jenny and Hartley talking outside of Hartley's house when she left because Ede was ignoring her and bragging about how great Lennon was, she couldn't help but join in on the Lennon bashing. That, of course, led to Kirhsten spilling the beans on exactly how different Ede and her group really were. How they really were freaks. It was like a snowball effect. The girls had only planned on exposing the group as freaks. Maybe putting some videos on Facebook or YouTube. Or maybe just show some kids at school, or like blackmail. They all had their own reasons for wanting to expose them.

Hartley blamed Lennon for what happened to her family after the incident with the Martin and beer bottle thing. All of the children that Marge and Martin housed had been taken away until either the OCS or detectives cleared the charges. Since then Marge had to get a job since their OCS income was no longer coming into the bank. Martin had been on bedrest for over a month, which also cut their funds. When Martin was able to get out of bed, his job hadn't had a position open for him, which was a polite way of his company saying they didn't want a child beater working for them. He went from beating his foster children, to beating Marge. With her mother having to work long hours, sometimes doubles, Hartley was left alone with Martin. When Martin had started coming into her room at night she was consumed with hate for Lennon. Hartley of course, blamed Lennon.

Jenny, on the other hand, had no real reason at all to hate her. She had been smitten with Baze from the second she met him. But after a few dates he stopped showing interest. Jenny then did what she always had done when she wanted attention from boys. She dumped him. To Jenny's surprise, Baze didn't seem affected by her not wanting to be with him. She, of course, again, acted like a young child by ridiculing him constantly at school. He wasn't fazed at all by this. Then Lennon came, and Jenny no longer existed in Baze's world, not that she had before either though. For that, she was going to destroy Lennon in Baze's eyes.

Now, everything was back firing on them. Kirhsten stood in shock, jaw hanging open as she realised that her jealousy was now catching up to her. She turned to Lennon. This was her fault she thought. Kirhsten started walking towards Lennon, but Ede stepped in between them. "Stop it Kirhsten. Just stop and go home." Ede pleaded with her. Kirhsten pulled something from her jacket pocket and walked into an embrace with Ede. There was a faint moan that came from Ede's lips. Anyone who didn't know about the tension between the girls would think that they were in a warm embrace, but to the surrounding people, they knew immediately that something was wrong.

Kirhsten leaned close to Ede's ear. "If I can't have you, no one will. You would never of had her anyway, now we know why, no life no love, no anything. Goodbye love." Kirhsten whispered so faintly that the only person who heard what she said, was Ede. Kirhsten stepped away from her former friend. Ede still had not moved or said anything. She looked down at the sharp pain she felt in her side. Blood started to spread across the white t-shirt that she was wearing. Ede fell to her knees. Lennon and Spencer both let out screams as they ran to Ede's side. Spencer cradled Ede in her arms. Lennon pulled Ede's shirt up to see where the blood had been coming from. There was an opening in the skin on her stomach and blood was pouring out. Ede looked blankly at the sky, tears slowly fell from her eyes and ran down her cheek. Spencer wailed as she held her dying sister in her arms.

"No, no, no Ede. No. No. No!" Was all that Spencer was managing to say. Lennon reached down to touch Spencer's arm and Spencer screamed again. Shenelle reached down to put a reassuring hand on her and she screamed once more. Ede coughed and blood came out of her lips and onto her chin. Lennon kneeled down with Spencer, placing a hand on Ede's. Ede looked at Spencer and smiled. "Hey kiddo, why so sad?" Ede struggled to talk with cheer in her voice. "You can't. You can't leave me Ede. Please! Please don't leave me." Spencer sobbed, barely getting the words out. "You have to be strong now. It's okay. Do what mom would have wanted. Take care of Lennon. It's what I want you to do, ok? Don't cry. I'll always be with you kid." Ede sputtered through blood as she gurggled to try and keep breathing. Spencer screamed through tears as she held her sister.

Ede looked at Lennon. "I will always remember you, in heaven or hell. I will grip on to your memory in my heart. Take care of my baby sister." Ede said squeezing Lennon's hand. Lennon fought back tears, she opened her mouth to say something but Ede's eyes closed. "Ede. Ede. Erica! Answer me Ede, answer me!" Spencer screamed shaking her sisters lifeless body. She cradled her head in her hands rocking back and forth. Lennon stared in horror as yet again, someone had died because of her. She stood up and looked at her hands. They had blood on them from trying to apply pressure to Ede's deadly wound.

Seeing the blood on her hands as Caesar had with Jesus's, she tried wiping it off onto her pants. She rubbed them till they were raw, Spencer's screams of mourning still filled the small area of the woods. Everyone stood in horror and shock as they watched the sad and dramatic events that had unfolded, no one sure of what to do. Everyone but Julia had sadness and worry on their face. Lennon once again stared down at her hands, she watched them as they started to tremble. Her face flushed with anger, the hairs on her arms standing on edge. Kirhsten stood behind her, frozen in shock that she had actually stabbed her former friend, the knife was still clutched in her hands and blood still fresh on the knife was dripping to the ground.

Lennon looked over her shoulder, everyone could see that her eyes looked solid black, as if something evil had taken over her. Kirhsten dropped the knife and tried to run, but she couldn't, her body was frozen, her muscles were like stone. It agonized her to move, as if a charlie horse completely consumed every muscle of her body. Lennon turned and slowly approached her. She lifted Kirhsten's body into the air, then turned her quickly upside down. Kristen whimpered as Lennon walked until she was inches in front of her face. Lennon took a piece of Kirhsten hair and studied it in her hands. She stood back and watched as Kirhsten beautiful blond hair was tugged by invisible hands. One part one way and another part another, like pigtails. Kirhsten screamed as her hair was being pulled as hard as it could be. There was a sound that can be only described as the ripping of fabric, as her hair was ripped from her scalp. Her head started dripping with blood from the multiple hundreds of hairs that had been pulled from it. Hartley took a step towards Lennon and stepped on a twig, the snap of it amplified in the quiet clearing. Lennon turned to look at Hartley and flicked her hand in her direction. Hartley's head turned completely around with a loud snap. She stood, staring blankly for a moment before she collapsed to the ground in a dead heap.

She looked at Kirhsten again. "She was my best friend. Do you know what its like to be alone? To not have anyone? You took one of the few people that had faith in me, that cared about me! You, you are equally responsible for Ms. Laura's death. I'm going make sure you will be alone for the rest of your life! I'm going to kill you, but first, I'm going to do much worst." Lennon said through gritted teeth. Lennon held her hand out inches to her face. Nothing happened for a few seconds, then Kirhsten started to scream. Looking at her, you would see nothing physically wrong with her. But suddenly her skin started to change colors in some areas.

The others looked in horror as bubbles formed under her skin. They would pop, and open sores would be left in their place. One after the other. Her face looked like craters. Her face looked disgusting, like she had a disease of some kind. Everyone looking at her could understand exactly what Lennon had ment about doing the much worst part. She then started ripping Kirhsten's skin from her muscles that it was attached too. It was a gruesome scene to witness. Lennon then flung Kirhsten's body to the side as if she were a child's old toy that she no longer wanted or needed. "And now we have just me. I wonder, however will I succeed?" Julia said with sarcasm. Lennon started walking towards her. She felt a grip on her stomach, as if a giants hand held her. She was lifted into the air. Her hands were frozen at her sides, only her feet could move as she kicked trying desperately anyway to get free.

By this time Mahlania had woken up. David still held the body of his dead wife in his arms. Mahlania watched in horror as Julia lifted David in the air and snapped his body, making his back and butt connect, his breaking bones crounched loudly. David's energy left his body, entering Julia's. "Ugh! I hate half blood energy. It has such a metallic taste to it. Did you marry a normal man Mahlania? What's wrong? Couldn't find a Warjile who was interested in you?" Julia chuckled. Anger took over Mahlania's body, she moved so quickly that Julia didn't have time to react. She threw her hands out and sent Julia flying backwards. Julia flipped backwards but still landed on her feet. She laughed loudly. "Now were talking!" She said loudly. Mahlania ran forward, slivers of sharp glass, forming from her hands and flying in the direction of Julia's head.

It amazed Lennon how different half blooded Warjiles powers were in comparison to a full blooded ones. How half bloods had to use their surrounding elements to attack with physical energy, yet full blooded ones could just form anything they wanted. Julia put up her hands and formed a invisible wall that made the slivered glass bits hit and crumble. Mahlania then changed it up, sending flames shooting towards her. The flames were being blocked with the wall as well, but the flames lapped around the sides, licking at Julia's skin, causing her to loose concentration. Julia slumped into a ball in a fetal position, and rolled out of the flames way. Mahlania didn't give her a chance to do anything, she sent a ball of energy her way and once again flung her through the air.

When Julia was in mid air, Mahlania through balls of lava in Julia's direction. Julia stopped them in mid air and sent them flying back towards Mahlania. Shenelle ran towards her in a full on sprint. Lennon tried to scream for her to stop, but it was too late. In mid air Shenelle turned into a tiger. She was massive, no one really understands how big those cats are until they see them up close and not just on TV. Before Shenelle could even land her paws on the ground, Julia had sent the lava balls in her direction as well. Shenelle dodged the first one, and the second, but the third one hit her square in the snout. The ball exploded onto her face like a water balloon, but instead of water, it was liquid fire. Another two balls hit the tiger in its shoulder and then side.

Shenelle made no sound, instead the body of the tiger immediately transformed back into human form, laying motionless on the ground while flames leapt at her soft skin. She was dead, nothing could have saved her once she was struck by the lava. The balls of lava had burned completely through her body and face, leaving gaping holes and fire started to consume her. Mahlania dodged the other balls easily by knocking them away from her with ease. Mahlania tried once more to push Julia further back with her energy, but she had tired from what she had used during battle. She still had powers, they were just limited.

Julia planted her feet and was pushed back a bit, but not knocked off of her feet. Julia stood in place for a second, looking carefully at Mahlania as if studying her. Lennon got up and stepped toward Julia. "Enough!" Lennon screamed, holding her hands up. "It's enough. Just kill me and be done with it!" Lennon screamed through tears. "No one else will die because of me!" Julia started walking forwards towards Lennon. She flicked her wrist and sent hundreds of daggered shaped sliveres of glass towards Lennon. She closed her eyes and waited for the pain, but nothing happened. Lennon opened her eyes to see the glass floating around her. She looked at her mother in confusion. "In time." Was all that Julia said. The pieces of glass started circling Lennon. Faster and faster they flew, then as suddenly as the started circling her, they flew towards Mahlania. Not giving her time to prepare or react.

They flew into her body, going in everywhere. No blood came from the wounds since the slivers were so small. Mahlania looked down at her arms and stomach where they all entered. Suddenly she fell to her knees. She looked like she was in pain. She opened her mouth and blood poured from it. She reached up to her mouth and threw her head back. She opened her mouth and the hundreds of slivers of glass flew out of it. They now looked like small red rubies. They fell to the ground, as well as Mahlania. Her life energy floated high into the air, then like the others, flew into Julia's chest. Julia closed her eyes and shook with a shiver as a pleasurable look was on her face.

Lennon stood alone, except for Spencer who was still sitting on the ground holding her sisters lifeless body, rocking it in her arms. "Spencer, run! Get out of here!" Lennon screamed at her. Spencer didn't move, she continued rocking, still in shock. Lennon ran to her side. She grabbed Spencer's shoulders and shook her violently. "Spencer! Snap out of it! Come on!" Lennon screamed. It was as if something snapped in Spencer's eyes. She seemed to understand what Lennon was saying. Lennon helped her up and they started running away. Lennon grabbed her stomach as a sharp pain twisted around her ribs and belly like fingers gripping it.

Lennon flew back towards the clearing, being ripped away from Spencer. "No!" Spencer screamed. Suddenly, Spencer too was grabbed and dragged through the woods by her foot as if invisible people were dragging her away. She flew up high into the air and was slammed down to the ground with a loud crunch. She flew up and down in that way a few more times before her body was left in a crumpled heap, a mess of flesh and bones. Some of her bones pierced through the flesh of her skin. She gasped for breath and Lennon could see that her ribs were jutting through her sides. Lennon ran to her friends side, scared to touch her. Lennon sobbed loudly as she knew that her friend was going to die. "Please Spencer just hang in there! Please!" Lennon screamed. Spencer choked on blood that was filling her lungs.

Lennon knew what she had to do. Julia had healing powers. She had to kill her mother so she could heal her friend. She got up and screamed like a mad man and started charging her mother at full speed. Julia looked amused at what was happening. She stuck her hand out at Lennon and as if running into an invisible wall she smashed into it. Pain. It was the only thing that made her feel human anymore. That one small word, pain. How small the word was, but yet, how powerfull.

Pain can consume you, or worst, it could become you. She bit down on her lip to the point to where she tasted blood, trying to hold back the tears that were forming in her eyes, but it was too late, she felt the tears start to stream down her blood and dirt covered face.

She looked at the ground around her. Her friends bodies lay strewn about, like a motionless sea surrounding her.

"What have I done?" She mouthed the words, but nothing came out. The only thing that escaped her lips was a low groan, as the realisation and pain began to set in and overwhelm her, drowing her in darkness.

She laid back and closed her eyes, letting the tears fall more freely now. Im dying she thought to herlself. This is what death feels like.

A realisation shot through her mind. Im only seventeen years old, and im dying. As the words crept through her head, panic started to set in.

She couldnt move. She was frozen in a blanket of terror and pain. That was when she heard it.

It was faint, like the raindrops falling upon the ground all around her. A low cackel, almost a giggle, that sounded like a hyena, closing in on its prey.

She closed her eyes even tighter. Trying to push away the noise of the approaching enemy, as if she could push the evilness that closed in on her as she pushed her swimming thoughts away.

She knew the terror that would change from nightmare to reality once her eyes opened and saw it for herself, and she just wasnt ready to accept that yet.

"Aw, open your eyes Lennon. I want you to see what you have done." Came the raspy voice, to snap her back into her nightmare of a reality.

Slowly, Lennon opened her tear filled eyes, and a scream escaped her throat as she stared into the face of evil that had been the cause of this nightmare.

She looked first at the most horrifying smile she had ever seen. As if Satan himself was smiling, and she stared into the eyes of recognition. Into the eyes of her mother.

Her mother straddled her, then lowered herself till she sat on top of Lennon's stomach. Lennon coughed and struggled to breath from the weight of her mother on top of her. Her arms frozen by her sides as her mothers energy held them there. "You just never will learn. You stupid girl. You took away the only person who loved me. Who accepted me! You took him from me! He saved you. He didn't even try to save me! I was his wife! Till death do us part my a*s!" Julia screamed. "I didn't do it on purpose I swear! Yall were just fighting, I didn't even know what I was doing!" Lennon said between sobs. "I guess that doesn't matter anymore. Once I take your energy I can find whatever Warjile I want." Julia said looking off into space. "And then what? What will that do? It's not gonna bring him back! Nothing is gonna bring him back!" Lennon cried. "I don't wanna bring him back. I just want more! I can never feel like I have enough energy. I want it all. Every last drop, I won't stop until I have consumed every Warjiles energy that I can!" She said getting close enough to Lennon's face that she could smell her breath.

"Goodbye my child. Kiss your father for me." Julia said with a tear falling from her face. Julia put her hand on Lennon's forehead. "I will make it quick. You won't feel a thing." Her mother whispered. Lennon closed her eyes and waited for death. She saw a bright light through her eye lids. I'm going to heaven, Lennon thought to herself. She was right, I didn't feel a thing. She felt her mothers weight lift from her chest, and she felt a warmth that made her feel safe. She opened her eyes, not sure what she would see. She was blinded at first, all she could see was the rays of light that shown down on her, she put a hand up to block the blinding light. She realised that she was still laying on the ground, that the light was coming from all around her. She sat up confused. She looked around and saw her mother standing a ways in front of her. The light that filled the meadow was coming from in front of her. Lennon stood up and walked slowly towards it, not even sure as to what was going on. All she knew was that the light was beautiful, and she felt as if it were calling out to her.

The light shown all around her mother, and her body cast an eerie shadow behind her. When she got to her mother she walked around and stood beside her. The light overpowered her eyes at first, then they became focused. She gasped at what she saw. Her father stood before her, still and unmoving. He stared into the eyes of his former wife, not saying a word. She looked blankly into his eyes as tears streamed down her face. He reached up and grazed her cheek, wiping the tear away. "Why did you leave me my love? Why didn't you take me with you? Why didn't you save me!" Julia screamed, first in hurt and confusion then turning to anger. "I cannot let you kill the child." Lennon heard inside her head. Her father turned and faced his daughter. He didn't wear a warm and welcoming face, nor was it a face of anger. It was just a blank face, as if no emotions or feelings were there. "Father." She managed to get out of her mouth. "I was your father once. Now I am a Daniellein, a warrior of the Hebrew God." He said loudly. He said it without emotion. Just staring blankly at her.

Lennon fought back more tears. He then looked at his former wife once more. "If you harm her they will come for you to collect what is not yours." He said sternly. "Tell her where the book is, she is the only one who can read it. You cannot be what it is you seek. For you are what it wants. A tracker cannot house energy with the evilness in your heart. It cannot be." He said in their minds looking at Julia.

She sunk to her knees. She seemed more like a beaten old woman than a powerful young Warjile. Lennon still stood not sure whether to believe what she was seeing or not. Julia reached up and touched Lennon. There was a burning pain that went from the touch on her arm all the way up to her brain as millions of images entered her brain as they were transfered to her daughter.

Suddenly Lennon felt dizzy. As if her head had been filled to capacity, as if she would explode. She fell to the ground onto her knees and hands, unable to get up, or see clearly. "Take me with you Michael! I beg you." Her mother pleaded. "What's happening? What have you done to me?" Lennon cried as her world spun around her faster and faster. "I have no need for my powers any longer. I am going home, to be with my husband. Take me Michael. End this now." She said looking at the beautiful warrior Danellein that was her father. Is that what we turn into? Our kind when we pass on? Lennon thought to herself.

"Some of us yes. Depending how we had served on earth." Her father said looking at her from reading her mind. "Some of us must serve eternity elsewhere." He said looking to his former wife. "No Michael! You take me with you! I did all of this because of you!" Julia screamed reaching for him. Her hand went right through him, as if he weren't there at all.

"I did not make you wiked woman. I tried to help you. You chose to return to that life again after my departure." He said angrily. "You will spend your life in hell. You will not die by my hand. You will live your hell here on earth powerless. You will never die. Your hell will be eternity on earth as a mortal human. Then you will spend your next eternity in the lake of fire." He said while his light began to dim away until it was completely gone. Lennon tried standing to her feet, but she was drunk with energy. She felt her heart pounding with overflowing power.

She steadied herself against a tree. Letting her world that was spinning to settle. She focused when everything stopped spinning. She saw her mother still slouched and sobbing on the ground. Lennon remembered Spencer and turned to run to her. As soon as she turned around she saw Spencer's energy light lift from her and she watched as it entered her own chest. She felt a burning sensation that sent a pleasurable shiver through her body. Since she had consumed her mothers energy the energy of her mothers recent victim was consumed. She now stood in what was her valley of of death, she didn't know what to do. She lost everyone she loved in a matter of twenty four hours. And now all of that energy was inside of herself. Ms. Laura, Eezeikiah's, David's, Mahlania', her own mothers and Ede's.

Ede. She never remembered seeing Ede's energy leave her body. Had it happened and she just didn't see it? She ran to Ede's side. She didn't look like she was still alive. She put her ear down to her chest, she didn't feel a heartbeat. She must have missed it when her energy left her. She placed a hand on Ede's and cried as she mourned the loss of her friend. She felt a warming sensation traveling through her hands. She yanked her hand back and looked at it. She saw that Ede's chest was moving up and down. "She's alive!" Lennon screamed. She placed her hands on her and concentrated all her energy into letting it flow and transfer into Ede to heal her. She didn't know how she knew to do that, but she did. Suddenly the words danger started flashing through her mind. Over and over again that's all she heard, as if someone was screaming through her ears. Lennon turned in time to see her mother bringing down the knife that had been used by Kirhsten. She brought it down and stopped inches from Lennon's back. She looked to see Ede's hand up stopping Julia with her force. Julia's arm twisted in ways it shouldn't being crushed. She screamed and pushed herself away gripping her wounded arm in her hands. Ede once more stuck her hand out and moved her hand to the side. Julia's head snapped to the side, her neck broken. Julia was dead. A sigh of relief escaped her lips.

She was saddened and hurt all at the same time. She looked down at Ede. Her nightmare was over. "I knew you would save me." Ede whispered. "Hush now. You need to rest." Lennon said touching her lips. "Where's Spenc?" Ede said looking around. She saw her sisters body and tried to get up. "I tried to save her but it was too late Ede. Please you need to rest. Let me finish healing you." Lennon held Ede down. Ede resisted for a minute then let Lennon place her hands on her to heal her. When it was done Lennon felt exhausted. Drained from everything that had taken place that day. Ede sat up holding her head. "What happened to you kiddo? Oh my god why?" Ede wailed looking to the heavens for some type of answer. "I'm your family now." Lennon said wrapping her arms around Ede. They sat there for a moment, then they got up. "We have to clean this up. Cops don't believe kids that tell stories about witches." Ede said wiping her eyes. Lennon shook her head in agreement. They started piling bodies together, one on top of another using their powers. They were both so weak that some of the moving of bodies was nothing but them being slung, or dragged across the ground. Once they were finished, the only body that remained was Spencer's. Ede looked at Lennon. "We will bury her with my mom at our family plot. I'll bring her body to the car, you set fire to the bodies, make sure you use lava. Leave nothing but ash." Ede instructed. Lennon didn't understand how Ede was being so strong when she herself felt like she was about to crumble to pieces. Lennon stared at the ground for a few seconds, not sure if she remembered how to function the muscles of her body. Ede looked at her with sympathy and put a reassuring arm on her shoulder. Lennon immediately hugged her, burying her head in Ede's shoulder, sobbing loudly not able to catch her breath as everything started coming to reality. Ede reluctantly and in surprise at Lennon's actions rubbed her back in a comforting manner. Lennon lifted her tear stained face looking at Ede, thankful for having someone left, someone there, someone who cared for her.

Ede was all that she had now. All that remained. She was the single thread holding Lennon's sanity together. Ede wiped a tear from her face, "It's gonna be ok. I told you that I would always take care of you." She said in a reassuring manner. Lennon reacted, she didn't know why she did it, she just did what felt natural to her. She leaned in and put her lips on Ede's. People say that they experience sparks, fireworks, electricity or just a feeling of wonder and amazement when they kiss the person that they are supposed to spend their life with.

Ede hesitated and pushed Lennon back. "I, I can't Lennon. I'm sorry, but, I just can't." She said looking as if she didn't mean the words that she was saying. She had a look of longing, she leaned forward slowly, hesitating before kissing her once again. She put her head against Lennon's and took in a deep breath. Lennon wasn't sure if there were sparks, but she did know that what she felt when she kissed Ede wasn't anything like she felt when she kissed Baze.

As soon as the thought crossed her mind she wished she could have taken in back. Ede looked at her with hurt in her eyes. For a split second Lennon had forgotten that Ede could see and hear her thoughts. Ede looked down at the ground, biting her lip. She looked at Lennon and she could see that she was fighting back tears. Lennon reached for her, opening her mouth to say something, anything to end this awkward silence.

Ede put her hands up and stepped back in a defensive manner, shaking her head. "Save it." Was all that Ede said. "I knew what to expect because I knew what would happen. I've got to take care of burying my family. Goodbye Lennon." Ede said through clenched teeth, her eyes never leaving the ground in front of her. "Wait. So that's it? That's just it? Where am I supposed to go Ede? What am I supposed to do?" Lennon screamed running and grabbing Ede's arm in a desperate way.

"That's not my concern. You have all this power now. Figure it out, but don't involve me in it." Ede said pulling her hand away, walking to her sisters body which was laying on the ground. "But Ede please..." Lennon started to say, but Ede put her hand up and turned to Lennon. There was nothing but hate in her eyes and voice. "Enough!" Ede screamed. She turned around and picked Spencer's body up from the ground and started walking off. She stopped right before entering the woods, without turning around she spoke softly over her shoulder. "I loved you, you know. I won't make the same mistake again. Goodbye Lennon." Ede started once again walking off, she disappeared into the woods.

Lennon once again stood empty and alone. She slumped to the ground realising that the single strand of sanity that was holding her together had just snapped. Hours seemed to have passed in a matter of minutes before she staggered to her feet. She walked over to the pile of bodies that Ede and herself had gathered and set fire to them. The smell was sickening, but nothing could turn her stomach after everything that she had witnessed today. After the bodies had been burned and all that was left was bones, she put lava on top of it to finish the job. She started to walk off from the woods when she heard a snap of a twig behind her. She turned around quickly, too afraid and suspicious after all of the drama she endured that day already. The sun had started to set, casting eerie shadows that peeked in and out of the trees that surrounded her.

She put a hand to cover the bright rays that seemed to kiss her eyes. A shadowy figure approached her, she stepped back and gasped in shock as she realised who it was that approached her. "Baze. What? What are you doing here?" Lennon asked suspiciously. Ede's words hung thick in her thoughts. Your in danger Lennon. He's here to kill you! Run away! Try to escape! Destroy him before he gets close enough to hurt you! All of these words raced through her head. But Ede wasn't there. She had abandoned her, so why even listen to the words of someone who didn't even care. "You. You tried to kill me Baze! I trusted you!" She hissed at him with anger.

"It was an accident Lennon. We have to get out of here." Baze said looking around frantically, as if he expected trouble at any moment. "Don't touch me! I'm not going anywhere with you! They told me what you did! How you tried to kill me! I thought I could trust you!" Lennon said pushing him away. She was visibly shaking, she didn't know what to think or believe anymore. "Lennon, look me in the eyes and tell me that you don't trust me. That you actually think I could try to hurt you." He said standing in front of her holding her shoulders.

She looked into the eyes that she had grown to trust, grown to have feelings for and grown to feel safe with. She let the warmth of her emotions take over her and she sunk into his arms. "Stay the hell away from her you cursed piece of filth!" Ede's voice bellowed from a few feet away. Lennon turned in shock to see Ede standing in a battle position ready to charge.

Baze instinctively stood in front of Lennon protecting her. From what Lennon didn't understand. "Calm down witch!" Baze spat back. "Run Lennon!" Ede screamed. "Wait Ede! He isn't going to hurt me." Lennon tried to tell her. "He's tricking you again Lennon. I'm going to kill him whether you want me too or not! So get the hell back!" Ede said stepping forward. Ede sent a force of wind towards Baze so quickly that Lennon hardly had time to react. Lennon made an invisible wall around Baze to protect him. Ede looked at Lennon with puzzlement. "Lennon he has you brainwashed! You think he loves you? He doesn't have a freaking soul! What about that don't you get? Snap out of it now!" Ede screamed again. She sent two waves of forced gust of wind again and this time one of them slammed Baze into a tree before he could jump out of the way or have Lennon block it.

Ede ran to Baze's unconscious body and stood over him. Lennon dove onto Baze covering him with her own body. "Please Ede. Please don't kill him. I don't love him, I don't know who or what or even if I can love. But don't, just please don't kill him. I'll never forgive myself if one more person has to die because of me!" Lennon sobbed trough tears. Ede stood there not moving, contemplating what she should do. Finally she sighed. "I never want to see you again. You have made your choice and I accept that." Ede said and walked away.

Lennon had no idea what to do. Run after Ede? Stay here with Baze? Why did all these decisions all end with someone being hurt? Lennon turned to Baze who still had not moved. He was breathing, but he had been knocked unconscious from the hit to his head by the tree. Lennon brushed a strand of hair back from his face and stared at his gorgeous features. She heard a noise behind her and turned, hoping it was Ede coming back, realising this was all just a big misunderstanding.

To her surprise Mr. Nathaniel her school principal and Baze's father stood behind her. "What in the hell did you do to Bazstian?" He screamed. His face was blood red, the veins in his neck poked out as if they would explode at any second. "It, it. He, he isn't hurt." Lennon searched frantically for the right words to say. Mr. Nathaniel moved so quickly that Lennon barely had time to blink. He flew towards her so quickly that she never saw his feet move. He grabbed her under her arms and slammed her into a tree, holding her hands by her side, pushing with all his strength she screamed as she felt his fingers bury into her skin.

She looked at his face as it changed from a handsome older man to something sinister and evil. His eyes were no longer the bright color that made all of the girls at their school swoon over. When he walked down the halls of the school all of the girls would stop and stare. Some of the girls would even get into trouble on purpose just to get called privately into his office. Suddenly everything in her head began to snap into place. If Baze was a Sollien, then Mr. Nathaniel must be one too. Her eyes grew wide as he brought his face within inches of hers. "I will do what my son obviously doesn't have the strength too. You have seduced him for the last time you wretched being." He hissed at her. "I have lost one loved one to someone like you. I will not lose another!" He said getting louder. She searched his memory for answers. It's amazing how much her energies powers had intensified from consuming her mothers.

She saw visions and flashes of the memories he had of his former lover and how she had been taken from the night while pregnant. How his mother and father the king and queen of the Sollien's had forbid him to find her, to bring her back because she had been raped that very night by the human man that ran his village, making her unclean to their kind. Once that happened she had become human herself, how odd their laws were. But that was the rule and law of any creature made by the humans God. Anyone who lies with another out of wedlock or with another breed other than their own was forbidden and unclean in Gods eyes, therefore they have sinned. Anyone who sins, has a soul, therefore they are no longer immortal. None of the Sollien's wanted a soul, if they did they would die and stand before the God that had cast them out of their home in the heavens.

She saw how he and his son were desperate to find more people of their kind, how their numbers had been dwindling and this country was one of the last places they were looking. They were hungry. Nathaniel had not eaten in a while. Too consumed with carrying out the task at hand of finding more female Sollien for them to breed with. The thought made her stomach turn. "I will do what Baze couldn't." He said. She trembled beneath the weight of his strength. She was a powerful Warjile, but his strength was overwhelming. She tried to use one of her powers but instead of pushing him away it lifted both of them. She quickly stored for fear that she would hurt herself as she had before. She thought quickly of what power to release at him but something came to mind. If she used one of her abilities it would affect her as well. If she was close enough to be lifted, then everything else would affect her too. Fire, water, lightning, lava everything. She was powerless.

He leaned closer to her sniffing at her like a dog. "I can see why he favors you. Your stench is overpowering. Like honey and lavender. But I am stronger. I can ease his pain. If I do it myself then he will no longer live in this torment. He will no longer be tortured." He said almost desperately.

She felt almost sorry for him. The desperation in his voice and eyes, scared of losing his son, the one person who always stood by him. She felt as if part of her was leaving her body. Her vision became blurred, her world spun around her so quickly that she felt like she was flying. Her world spun around her along with her memories. She saw her fathers face in her mind as he smiled down on her as a child. Her friends, Ede and Spencer along with Ms. Laura and the good times they had together. Glee and the annoying songs they sang while hearing Spencer describe each characters past history. How annoying it had been at the time, but now she longed for it. She felt empty and alone without her new family. The only person she had was Ede, and she had abandoned her. She wished she could go back and change things, change the past. But reality was she couldn't.

She felt her world fainting away as darkness started to consume her as she felt herself fall to the ground. He's leaving me for dead she thought to herself. Instead of killing me, he wants to make me suffer even more than she already had that day. She heard a scream of terror. She opened her eyes and saw Mr. Nathaniel clawing at his chest desperately, as if something was hurried beneath his skin and he was desperate to get it out. Lennon sunk her fingers into the wet earth she was laying on and start to desperately crawl away towards the wooded part of the woods. She looked back and saw the man who was devouring her soul no more than a few minutes ago now rolling around on the ground rolling and flopping around as if he were a fish out of water.

She was able to pull herself up on a fallen stump and with the help of a stick started walking as fast.as she could out of the clearing and into the shelter of the woods. To where she didn't know, but she wanted away from here. Away from this town, away from these people, these memories, these nightmares.

Baze let out a gasp of air. He choked as he held his throat. He sat up looking around quickly, waiting for another attack from that damn Warjile. She didn't see her anywhere, neither did he see Lennon. He looked desperately for her, instead he saw his father. Mr. Nathaniel was laying on his back on the ground, twitching every now and then. "Father?" He asked hesitantly. "Father!" He screamed when he got no response. He ran to his fathers side, his eyes were rolling back into his head, his hand on his chest where deep claw marks were torn into his chest. Baze looked in horror as he smelled something coming from his father. Life. All the years he had been hunting and devouring souls, he knew one when he smelled one, and his father definitely now had one which meant that for once, his father was actually alive, an actual human being.

"Lennon." Was all his father managed to push from his lips. "What? What did she do to you father?" Baze asked with tears in his eyes. His father was having a heart attack, dying from shock from suddenly becoming a human and for the first time in his life having a heart beat.

"Full blood. Pain. Can't. Carry on without me." His father gasped grabbing onto Baze's hand and squeezing. Baze watched as his father passed on, right in front of his very eyes. Baze felt complete emptiness within him. How could she have done this? To kill my own father? Baze sat straight up with a jolt. She planned this. She and that girl Ede. It was their plan all along, to kill us both. They must have thought I was dead, he thought to himself. He looked down at his father, placing a hand on his fathers cold forehead. "I will avenge you father. I will destroy her, as well as every other Warjile who I come across!" Baze said with complete hatred and disgust. Father had been right. She was nothing but a seductive w***e, the words screamed inside his head. He set off into the forest, ready to plan his attack. To avenge his fathers death.

Miles away, Ede drove on the interstate driving north to new jersey where she had family. She had lost everyone she loved in one day. She wondered what Lennon was doing? Probably with that thing she thought to herself. How could she have been so stupid. She knew already that it wasn't meant for them to be together and yet she still had faith that maybe, just maybe the vision had been wrong. That someone had made a mistake. That was all behind her now. She had to move on, Lennon was behind her. She had her future ahead of her.

Lennon staggered through the woods. Branches scratched at her face and tugged on her hair. She walked for what seemed like a lifetime. The sun had set and darkness was all around her. She walked blindly into trees, stumbled over fallen tree and fell into mud holes. She walked till she heard passing cars, she headed towards it. She soon came to a busy road, cars passed and honked their horns as they passed not stopping for the girl desperately waving for one to stop. A few moments later a blue older pick up truck pulled to the side of the road and a handsome man opened the trucks door from the inside. "Hello Mrs. Lennon. Well, my momma was right. She said I would find you here and to pick ya up and bring ya home, so hop on in. Don't be shy now mam. Come on now. Your not gonna make me chase ya now are us?" He said with a friendly smile and face. Lennon desperately searched his mind to see if he was telling the truth and it seemed he was. She was too tired to question or argue. She got into the car and sighed with relief.

"So I heard you have been busy eh?" The boy asked. "Would you mind if we just didn't talk? I've had sort of a bad day." Lennon asked staring out the window, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Sure, I'm Brylin by the way, ya know, just in case you were wondering. Your names Lennon right?" He asked. "It doesn't even matter anymore I'm a nobody." She said softly. "Well lil lady your safe now. You just rest, we will be home soon." Brylin said tapping her hand which rested on her knee. Before her eyes flashed her future. She saw many battles and more loss of loved ones. She saw her and Brylin holding hands, she saw Ede and her in what seemed to be a heated argument and Baze, she saw Baze, but he was standing over Brylin as if he had defeated him with a wiked look of satisfaction, then, she saw a baby, a beautiful baby with Lennon eyes and a familiar smile, who's she couldn't tell. She seemed to have more ahead of her in her future than she thought.

© 2012 Sayden Odor


Author's Note

Sayden Odor
Lennon is what you would think to be your typical teenage girl. But looks can be deceiving. Ever since her parents passed away, and living in multiple foster homes she slowly is starting to discover her own secrets. She struggles with the fact that she isn't as typical a teenager as she thought, she's blooming into something that she doesn't quite understand. And now she's open to a whole new world, forced to believe that everything she ever had nightmares about are discovered to be real. Little does she know that someone already knows her secrets, and has been trying to destroy her ever since she was a child. She has to learn how to grow and adapt to her changes, which will take effort to survive. And who exactly wants to kill her and why? Nothing is as typical as it seems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing I love it also I recognize that mouth it's part of the picture from the parasite ep from Breathing Theory

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 14, 2012
Last Updated on April 14, 2012
Tags: teen fiction, teen witch, high school romance, high school, bullies, vampires, witches, murder, killer mom, abuse, foster family, foster children, love, romance, forbidden love, vampire love

Author

Sayden Odor
Sayden Odor

San Diego, CA



About
My writing names Sayden. more..