My Wedding Day

My Wedding Day

A Story by Scandalous

The day was all set. People were milling about, talking amongst themselves waiting for the ceremony to start. My groom was off somewhere with his groomsmen, taking shots of hard liquor to ease his nerves. After today, he would no longer be a bachelor, but a loving husband. My heels were digging into my feet, but it did not concern me. I stood with my face to the wall as my sister laced up the expensive satin ball gown. It was plain, a deep ivory, with lace detail at the bottom, and the train went on forever. I thought it was beautiful. 
Dark auburn curls graced my shoulders and a lace veil was laid over a wing-back chair, just waiting to be pinned into place. My mother sat quietly on the antique sofa, not thrilled with giving away her first born. The photographer snapped photo after photo, careful not to get my glass of scotch in the shot. I adjusted the bracelet on my wrist and squirmed a bit in my shoes. The satin brushed my skin, and the whispers of my bridesmaids dresses was all that could be heard in the tiny dressing room. 
It was dark outside, the sun had gone down a little while ago, and candles flickered beautifully in the ceremony hall. My groom was waiting for me at the alter, his face in the shadows of the candles. My bridesmaids stood before me, blocking me from escaping. Each in long, flowy, dark navy gowns, holding a bouquet of red roses. The piano music began, and one by one they walked down the aisle, bringing me closer to my future. I grasped my Daddy’s arm and watched everybody rise to great me. All I could stare at was my groom. His deep navy tux and ivory shirt, his hair just so. 
It startled me to reach the end of the aisle. My dress suddenly becoming heavy, the veil suddenly too heavy for my neck. My Daddy left my side, like a bird losing his wing. He looked at me, laughter in his eyes, as he grabbed my elbow, keeping me from escaping. His fingers cool on my burning skin. I could do this. I don’t remember how the ceremony progressed, I simply remember the ring being placed on my finger, and his soft lips on mine, his eyes sparkled when he pulled away from me, that first kiss as man and wife. 
My gown no longer felt heavy, the veil was suddenly not big enough for my taste, and the few seconds of walking back down the aisle were not scary this time. I happily wrapped my arms around my new husband’s neck and whispered softly in his ear…
“You didn't have to do this…”
“I wanted to.” His velvety soft, Argentinean accent caressed my skin. 
“How can I ever repay you?” 
“Come enjoy our first dance together, Mrs.” 
There was a twinkle in his eye, he helped bunch the satin train up and attach it to the back and led me out the door. The band was winding down whatever song they had just played, and our names were announced. He led me to a massive, dimly lit, dance floor where he held me close, our first dance as husband and wife. 
I took one last look into those beautiful eyes and kissed him softly, excusing myself as I did so. Back in my dressing room I found my veil, and pinned it back where it belonged, I carefully unpinned the six foot train and splayed it out to the side of me as I sat down on the antique couch. I carefully retouched my make-up, bounced  my curls, and took a small blue box out of my hand bag, resting it on the table.
My glass of scotch was on the table where I left it, the bottle was hidden behind a pillow,and buried in the couch cushion was a bottle of pills. I readjusted my satin skirt, placed my bouquet of red roses on the table, and with one final look in the mirror, I found happiness. 
Later that night the groom opened the bride’s dressing room to find her body. His satin angel. He shut her eyes and removed the pill bottle from her hand, then readjusted her bracelet. The bracelet he had given her one Christmas. He did not cry, he simply lifted the lid of the blue box it had come in, she told him he could find a note there.
“To My Dear Husband, 
Thank you so much for doing this for me, I know we never really loved each other like husband and wife, I know that I could not spend any more time on Earth than I already had. You were my best friend, and this was all I wanted, a chance to be the bride. Thank you so much for giving me this last wish. 
Forever Yours 
Your Wife.” 
His head sank into his hands as he reflected on what he had done, she never knew he really had loved her, not just as the best friends they had always been, but as the wife she had become. 

© 2013 Scandalous


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beaifully written. I cried it was flawless, I loved it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow, I was not expecting that ending. I only have one question and that would be why did she feel this way? Your descriptions were well written. The entire story flowed pretty flawlessly. Good work

Posted 10 Years Ago


A amazing story. Good to be able to read your story again. A wedding day is hard. So much to do and great change in the end. Description made part of wedding have reason and purpose. I like the ending a lot. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

524 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2013
Last Updated on April 4, 2013

Author

Scandalous
Scandalous

Fuquay, NC



About
Im an erotics writer. I enjoy the passion that evaporates from the feeling people put in writing sex. Hope mine are good! more..

Writing
Smile Smile

A Poem by Scandalous


Round One Round One

A Story by Scandalous


Apples Apples

A Story by Scandalous





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5