SUICIDE

SUICIDE

A Poem by Margarette
"

We live in a system that espouses merit, equality, and a level playing field, but exalts those with wealth, power, and celebrity, however gained.

"




This heavy chain
I'll take it off now

The weight's lifted
I am free

The day I've yearn
The place I have always dreamed

I thought of it as
Things that only exist within

I step outside
Able to see the place where it all began

The world has changed
Even the people are different

The clock has turned around
There is no getting out

Greed overlooks justice
From the highest of all thrones

A control so overwhelming
And the chains crawl towards me

I run and stagger
Across the vast forests and seas

The path of memories
Housing all of what lies within

Shouting, yelling screaming for help
Hope, truth, freedom

Oh, my fellow ones!
Why have you gone astray?

Thirst for money, hungry for power
Lust for position, envy others

Boasts of unimportance, Hate the weak
Vain of glory, Do nothing

The world has been deprived
The self continues to lie

Will I let myself live with this?
All the hatred, sufferings and pain

I trip and fall sideways
I hear the locks clicked around my limbs

I can't bear it anymore
I am powerless against them

Deep in the corner
I call for help

I know you can hear my plea
You just pretend you can't

This ugly world of mine
Does not deserve to be seen anymore

Can someone save it?
Better do it sooner

Or else people like me
Will sink even further into the dark

I'm sorry
I guess it's the only way

To help them realize what they've done
I've come to terms with no one

I'm just one of the victims
And there will be many more to come

© 2013 Margarette


Author's Note

Margarette
This poem is a tribute to a fellow university student, a victim of forced LOA, who committed suicide last March 15. Due to her inability to pay her tuition, our university, a public school funded by the government, forced her to file LOA. Since then, she felt ashamed of going to school because she is not fully enrolled. To think that a portion of the people's taxes have been allocated for the university's funds, isn't it ironic to see that money has been the issue here? The current administration just showed its inability to fulfill the dreams of poor students to have equal educational rights with others.
Rest in peace, love. We pray for your soul to rest now and continue to fight for your sake.
P.S. I'm not encouraging anyone to commit suicide.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i dont think there would be any reason to make a person commit suicide. i know life has got so much more harder, i know that people have become much more careless and selfish, but even though, we must be strong enough to be able to survive. if she couldnt pay the university fees, she kills herself? i dont think this is really logic, let the university go to hell and live your life even if you cant continue in university. i feel really sad reading this. i think that capitalism is the worse economic strategy people have ever done. capitalism steps on the poor to make the wealthy more wealthy. how comes that united states helps other countries while it doesnt help her own people? i think there must be a way to help needy students there either through the government or businessmen who donno where to pay their money..


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Margarette

11 Years Ago

Yeah, I agree. Capitalism is more commonly practiced now and corporations, stockholders and business.. read more



Reviews

From a country with a different system where, still, not all people get equal chances like a classmate of mine for a very short period because she, too, could not afford paying the tuition fees.
Which in the face of some people paying and never actually going is all the worse.
There's no doubt about there being something wrong considering some people have to struggle so much in order to get a decent education, whether they lack money or are unable to afford the "leisure" to get a proper one before having to start working as early as possible. Education is one of the things that should be affordable for everyone, not just a few who have wealthy parents or the like. How are we ever supposed to be equal if we cannot even have equal chances in education?
A great poem, I think it represents the struggle fought only to be lost because the enemy is all too mighty wonderfully.
Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


We will overcome. Hope isn't gone. We know not what we're capable of until we turn around. Excellent read and write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Moving testimony to the memory of a friend who was humiliated. Her options seemed few~ You are her voice. Let all hear you.
Excellent yet tragic write.
~pat

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is so deeply written to the heart, as I continued to read it felt like a heavy chain was binding my heart. I had a friend that once wanted to commit suicide and this reminded me so much of her. luckily she is in a better state of mind and is the happiest she has ever been.. I am so lucky to still have her in my life and I am sorry for the university student. may her soul rest in peace and I know that she would be very proud and grateful for this tribute

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very sad. :( Excellent poem though, she'll be in my prayers. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Heavy subject and I do not know what LOA is...
I am so sorry that this young woman could not see her strength and honor in attending school in spite of financial difficulties..there must be more to the story..how was home..her relationships at school..what country did this happen in? So many questions..but then that is one thing suicide does leave... many questions never to be answered... Rest in Peace gentle one that was to fragile for this harsh world..

Posted 11 Years Ago


a very dark poem on the curse ''SUICIDE''

Posted 11 Years Ago


beautiful tribute!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a really deep and heartfelt piece. I strongly support this. Lots of people commit suicide everyday. It's a shame that not everyone has love and support, and in times of need instead, people push them harder. Not everyone has humanity in them, I guess. I can see what might've moved you enough to write this. This is a great poem. I'm adding it to my favorites.

Posted 11 Years Ago


So sad, the poem is real and moving. A public funded university behaves like a private one is an insane, it doesn't served the purposed (Visions and Goals). LOA is too much.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

725 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on March 17, 2013

Author

Margarette
Margarette

About
Hello everyone! I do not know anything that might interest you in my life right now but I am proud to say that I mostly write narrative poetry especially those that depict reality and principles of li.. more..

Writing
My Story My Story

A Poem by Margarette



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Twilight Twilight

A Poem by Jack...