I Remember

I Remember

A Poem by SimplyDisastrous

I Remember…


I remember.

I remember when we first met.

I remember how you smiled when you first saw me.

I remember how I felt when you talked to me.

No, I remember how I felt when you paid attention to me.

I remember how I looked for you when you were absent from school.

I remember how you would leave me thousands of messages and voicemails, asking if I was okay when I was absent from school or when I disappeared into the depths of my mind when I was feeling down.

I remember how we would talk until late hours of the night, without any sense of time, detached from reality and immersed in our own fantasy.

I remember how you changed me and made me see things that others couldn't.

I remember how I mothered you, worried that other people would steal your childlike innocence and taint you, hardening you into stone like you are now.

I remember how I taught you things that others didn't have the patience to teach you.

I remember how sweet you were, giving me hugs, whether I needed them or not.

I remember how you fought to make me happy when I was angry or sad.

I remember how upset you got when I was upset; my problems were your problems, my happiness apart of you too.

Most of all, I remembered our bond.

Unbreakable, it seemed until you drifted away and slipped through my fingers like a paper bag, carried away by the wind and sailing away into the midnight sky.

I remember how often I smiled then, now I don't smile as much. Pain grips at my heart at the old memories of us.

Loneliness and anger clouds my judgment like a veil over my eyes, making me bitter.

Now, I only wish that I could condense myself into a little ball and hibernate with the squirrels in my backyard. 

Now, I only wish I could function without feeling immensely lonely and without purpose.

How funny it is that one person could hold such power over your emotions. 

© 2014 SimplyDisastrous


Author's Note

SimplyDisastrous
I was just having one of my many emotional moments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The poem is the truth for the most of us. We believe in someone and they disappoint us. I like how you used the repetition. Giving strength and purpose to the poem. Thank you for the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


it comes it goes all through life you think it`s love but it`s only another emotion

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SimplyDisastrous

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review. You're right - sometimes things aren't always what they seem.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2014
Last Updated on January 30, 2014

Author

SimplyDisastrous
SimplyDisastrous

Hartford, CT



About
Hey. I used to be on here alot when I was 15. Now, not so much. I'm 18 now and I'm not nearly as depressing as I used to be, but still depressing enough. Message me and feel free to read my old poems... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Breadth Breadth

A Poem by Ruth