Chapter four

Chapter four

A Chapter by SimplyDisastrous

Chapter four:

Veronica couldn't sleep. Maybe because it wasn't her father she was dreaming of that night but of Mrs. Jenkins and that stupid, annoying little dog of hers. She kept having this dream stuck in her head: In the dream, Mrs. Jenkins was crying and looking down at a rather horribly dismantled Fee, who was scattered all across her front lawn.

Veronica woke up in a sweat, angry. How dare Mrs. Jenkins interfere with her dreams of Daddy! She seethed.

She was still angry at Mrs. Jenkins, for having stormed into her house earlier and roughly handed her the way she did. I'll show her not to mess with me, she thought grimly. I'll show her and that stupid little dead dog of hers.

Veronica didn't go back to sleep. She stayed up, staring at her clock, waiting until the digital clock on her nightstand beside her bed read the desired time. When the time came, she put on the violet choker she only used for special occasions, such as this, her very best black dress, and one of her many black Mary Jane shoes.

As she was leaving, she noticed her hair in the mirror on the back of the bathroom in her room. It was a mess but she just shrugged and brushed it back with her hand. It didn't matter what she looked like, as long as she was successful with her mission. And then she was off.

Hours later, Veronica is back in bed sleeping peacefully when the police were called. Mrs. Jenkins was crying hysterically and trying to explain between constant babblings of her memories of Fee Fee. The elderly lady tells officers that she was having a funeral for her dog. She had lain a limp Fee Fee on her front step, so she could go inside and get her clothes ready for his ceremony, but when she had come back, Fee Fee had vanished, and in her place was a knife stuck in the hard wood of the porch with blood dripping off the blade, and a single dying, black rose next to it.

"I'm telling you," A crying Mrs. Jenkins tells them. "It was that little devil, Veronica!".

"Who?" The two officers exchange a bewildered glance.

"Veronica," Mrs. Jenkins repeated in a hiss. "That little...that little thing, my next door neighbors daughter!"

"Ma'am," One of the police officers addressed her, sighing. "We understand that you're in a great amount of pain right now, from your loss of...of Steven, was it?"

"Fee Fee," Mrs. Jenkins sniffs.

"Right. Yes," The police officer continues. "Well, the point is, ma'am, that you can't blame others for your loved ones death. It just isn't right".

"But, she's evil!" Mrs. Jenkins exploded, throwing her hands up in the air. "Evil!"

"She's just a little girl, Miss," The other policeman countered in a firm voice.

Mrs. Jenkins laughed, and the two policemen exchanged another glance. "Just a little girl," she laughed again, before dramatically cutting it short. "She isn't just a little girl. She's the spawn of the Devil".

"Right," one of the policemen ignored her praddling. "We'll call you if we see or hear anything, Mrs. Jenkins".

As they were leaving, they could hear the elderly woman still yelling about Veronica, who was supposedly the source of all evil, and who was supposedly completely responsible for killing her dog.

"Ridiculous," One of the policeman said to the other, when they were back in their patrol car. "The only calls we''ve been getting all week were from crazy old people! I mean, what's with them? They all keep talking about these little girls. It's, like, they really believe that these little girls could be capable of doing all these crimes!"

"Sick," Spat the other police officer. "They're all sick, blaming children for their problems".

"When you get old, they say that's when insanity really starts kicking  in," Laughed the other, stuffing a donut into his mouth.

Police officers knew a lot, but what they didn't know was that a certain angel was eavesdropping on them from above, watching as they backed out from in front of Mrs. Jenkins house and sped off down the street and turned a corner and she couldn't see them anymore.

Flipping on the night light on her nightstand, she took out her red crayon and did her daily writings:

Excellent. Now that that annoying little mutt is completely out of the picture, and Mrs. Jenkins is miserable, hopefully, things will be more peaceful now. I’ve decided to spare the old witch’s life, but if she ruins things for me, I’ll just have to change that.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones









© 2010 SimplyDisastrous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow just amazing creepy story! I love!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is review to the first 4 chapters..
This is a lovely story ..i really liked how you are throwing the events
its really strange how such a young child could have such fantasies
though its usual that little ladies are usually drawn to their fathers
and they have special affection towards them..though here it seems its not the case
its still in early stages and the poor father seems to try
to not resp[ond to his duaghters wild wishes..
she seems to be of special character ..since killing animals
and may even go far to her neighbor..i think she suffers some distorted psyche
you could pull a real thriller here..since you set the grounds for some wondeful
and exciting events to take place..i really enjoyed your style
you really know how to build a story and fill it with much excitement
lovely write..


Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good chapter. A child can appear innocence and adult crazy. I like this chapter. She is getting more hateful and dangerous. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW!! This story is crazy!! I love it!! ^-^

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Perfect beginnings and endings to all of your chapters! I absolutely love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I need more!


Posted 13 Years Ago


I have really enjoyed this. It is suspensful and each chapter has a cliffhanger or some sense of mystery to keep us reading. Good Job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the dark tone and mood of this story.
It is really great so far, and hold onto that creepy feeling throughout. I can tell you put a lot of work into it.
I cannot wait to read more!!! I want to know what happens next =]


Posted 13 Years Ago


Ha ha, I knew it was Veronica all this time who killed that dog. But it's still very suspenseful and keeps me wanting to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. This is really good, creepy, but good. You do a really good job showing everybody's emotions. I can't wait for chapter 5!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

635 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 24, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010


Author

SimplyDisastrous
SimplyDisastrous

Hartford, CT



About
Hey. I used to be on here alot when I was 15. Now, not so much. I'm 18 now and I'm not nearly as depressing as I used to be, but still depressing enough. Message me and feel free to read my old poems... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..