The girl with the gypsy soul

The girl with the gypsy soul

A Poem by J Scarlett

I once met this girl whose soul was different from other peoples, it radiated from her like light around a storm cloud, for this girls soul was wild and free, though this was not how she wanted it to be.

This was not what felt right for her, it did not feel like the way

However since she was born she had felt the pull, when the rain drops fell fat and full, She wanted to run to a new far away land without a care or a though for those she abandoned. Her father had done it to her though as she grew she felt for him so; for when the pull wrapped its hands around you all you could do was go.

To run and fly and float away until she felt free for another day.

How did this happen I had asked her as her blue eyes dance and twinkled with child like glee

A gypsy curse was laid upon me

Her father had broken the heart of a raven haired woman not knowing where her heritage ran and she had taken her life with a razor blade fan; he had been cursed, never to settle again, perpetually in limbo and his heart in pain and for her it started when she was young when the rain ran thick tap tapping at her window giving her the urge to run. She fought the Urge for as long as she could but sooner or later the rain came in a flood.

Run, run as fast as you can her mother screamed after her as she ran

© 2013 J Scarlett


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You expressed very critical social problem in a special manner.
Appreciate your efforts.

Posted 10 Years Ago


"A gypsy curse was laid upon me
Her father had broken the heart of a raven haired woman not knowing where her heritage ran and she had taken her life with a razor blade fan; he had been cursed, never to settle again, perpetually in limbo and his heart in pain and for her it started when she was young when the rain ran thick tap tapping at her window giving her the urge to run"
A splendid read and write ...Thank you for sharing...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting. This reads more like a teenage girl's diary entry than a poem, with phrases like "this girl" and "however since she was born". Very visual and with some beautiful imagery, like 'it radiated from her like light around a storm cloud'. Stunning! If I may... 'raven-haired' should be hyphenated. Thank you so much for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very well written backed by an intriguing message within each cleverly composed stanza. Great work. A compelling write and read. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Hauntingly beautiful. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I feel like the writing is a bit word-y, but has good potential. I also think that there could be better grammar. Sorry if I seem straight forward about it.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2013
Last Updated on July 12, 2013
Tags: poem, gypsy soul

Author

J Scarlett
J Scarlett

United Kingdom



About
I’m a dreamer, writer, psychology graduate. I’ve an addiction for tattoos, classic rock/country, reading, baking, the rain, animals, shoes and movies more..

Writing
Lister Kane Lister Kane

A Story by J Scarlett



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Twenty Four Twenty Four

A Poem by Gypsie