Lone wolf

Lone wolf

A Story by Commander Comrad
"

They won the war But have they won The Battle

"
The sounds of the clanking of drinks and the sizzling of the grill reminded summer of the Turning of the tank treads and The Steaming Overheating engine. She quickly flushed away from the thoughts as she stared into the night sky. They had won their battle, But They hadn't yet won the war. Summer was away from the celebration sitting in the desert sand as the blistering heat turned to shiver cold. She wasn't used to Sitting around and slacking off. She wasn't used to seeing the captains and gernals laughing and cheering. It had been so long since she had Sat down to have a meal without looking through binoculars or the sights of a gun scanning the horizon for enemy movements. She felt the lump in her through as she looked back at the make-shift tents and the Tables made from barrels and crates. The fire coming from the barrels throughout the tents reached up to the sky. The noise of the cheers and the laughter began to echo throught her mind. She held her hands against her ears as she laid to the ground. She would have stayed prone if not for the grumbling of her stomach. She was indeed hungry for she hadn't eaten for 2 days due to the battle that raged on. She knew she had to eat to be ready for the new day's dawn. She stumbles to her feet and sluggishly headed toward the raging party. The sound of the Sizzling hotdogs being cooked over an open flame made summer clench her stomach. She Was brought back to her younger days where her father would taker her outside with ill-cooked hotdogs do watch the stars when her mother would be gone. She kept her head down and passed throught the cheering soldiers and headed toward an open seat. S she went to take a seat she fell. Looking up seeing the crate in front of her she confusingly got up and went to scoot the crate over to sit. As her hand made contact with the wooden box her had didn't stop, it simply went through. Her heart began to race as she went to touched the table on her right side when her hand traveled through the solid piece of wood. she ran and spun as she went to catch herself on a fellow Conrad standing next to when her body fell through the image of the man. She laid on the ground crying as she grabs the sand around her. There she lay throughout the night amongst the dead soldiers and the destroyed firey tanks and debris.

© 2021 Commander Comrad


Author's Note

Commander Comrad
Hope you enjoy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on May 13, 2021
Last Updated on May 13, 2021
Tags: Military, Fiction, Scifi, Thriller

Author

Commander Comrad
Commander Comrad

None, DE



About
My bees Have knees more..