Dont Judge A Book By Its Cover

Dont Judge A Book By Its Cover

A Story by Scott
"

the young fire wizard known as Kasai, goes through life like an ordinary child his age but with a gruesome past, he decides to kill every troll that crosses his path to revenge his parents.

"

The young boy walked through the forest, alive with animals and strange looking plants, a wide range of colour brought a smile to his face. His bag looking like it was going to burst, with books and jotters, he thought to himself about his classes and home that he needed to do for the next day, sighing a little. The mossy cracked cobble road cut through the forest like warm butter as the hot sun beats down on him like a dragon's breath. He walked on until he got to a bridge, stopped at the middle of the bridge and stared over the edge as the whistling wind blows his hair to the side. The raging water almost white as snow, disappeared under the bridge and roared almost as loud as a bear. He continued to walk on.

 

The ground started to shake, his breath got heavier, pulse racing as a troll slugged along the road, looking for its next meal. The sickly smell of death and blood coming from the troll stopped him from taking a look at the monster. He ran for cover under a bush with odd coloured berries as the troll drew closer. Blood from its victims dried into its forest for chest hair with moss growing on it, same with his hands. Seconds felt like hours as the troll grinned, showing off rotten yellow teeth. He whispers “their still here?!” as it made his skin crawl and spine shiver.

 

A soft coffee brown deer appeared in the troll's sights, as it creeps closer towards the deer. The troll, close to the deer, jumped for the deer, the deer shocked fails to move is tackled to the ground. The troll stands up with its reward, wriggling and yelping for freedom, its puts ones of it hands on its neck then ''SNAP'' the troll snaps the deer's neck, he peeked a look seeing a bone sticking out its neck as the troll slowly rips off the deer's head, bones cracking. The head followed by the spine slipped out the life-less body as a thick rich red liquid gushes out the body like a river. The troll stuffs the head and spine into its huge mouth as the young man watches with a small grin. Loud crunching noises come from the troll as it bites down on the flimsy bones as it rips limbs off the body, blood spread like wild-fire around it as it finished off its meal.

 

The young boy slowly stood up to walk off, the suddenly a voice, sending a chill down his spine ''You there'' the troll  said with his deep roaring voice, ''Y-yes S-sir?'' the boy said, scared out his mind, thinking he is talking to a troll. The troll laughs so loud the trees shake a little ''Why so formal?'' he laughs more as the boy still scared, feeling uneasy. The boy says to it ''S-sorry'' ''Forget it kid'' the troll said as he sees the boys bag ''So your a school boy'' the boy nods slowly, looking a little at him then the troll said ''My name is Tororu'' the boy's name quickly looks up at him ''You h-have a name?!'' the troll chuckles then says ''Everyone has a name don’t they'' then the boy replied with ''Oh....My name is Kasai''. The troll smiles and laughs ''That’s quite a nice name you got there, it means fire doesn’t it?'' Kasai nods his head then the troll said ''speak up boy, I not going to hurt you'' the boy looks at him with a shocked face 'R-really?'' the troll smiles and nods his head as the boy smiles a little ''So your going to be a fire wizard?'' a big smile appears on his face and nods his head ''Hells yea I am'' him and the troll laugh together. The troll joking said ''Next time cook my meal for me'' as he laughs the boy ''Sure'' he offers a fist bump, smiles widely then the troll bumped his fist against Kasai's fist and they laugh some more.

 

The boy and the troll talked a little more until Kasai pulls an evil grin as he stands up, looking down with fire spins around his left fist then the trolls said ''You ok Kasai?''. The boy laughs evilly ''I'm just fine'' the boy takes a step back then lunges at the troll, hitting Tororu's chest, burning off some of the flesh, almost through the trolls chest as he screams ''TAKE THIS YOU MONSTER!'' jumps back ready to attack again. The troll screams in pain a little as he rubs his chest as he breathes faster ''W-what are you doing?!'' the troll stands up, angry as he said ''I  though we were friends but…I GUESS NOT!'' as he goes to punch Kasai, destroying a bit of the road, hoping he crushed him. A voice behind the troll said ''You missed'' as Kasai charges at the back of Tororu, the troll panicked a little as he tried to turn around but he coughed up a little blood as Kasai driven his burning fist through the neck of the troll as he said ''You got whats coming'' then whispers into the troll's ear as it goes on it's knees with a thump ''your kind killed my family, I can never be friends with you and your kind!'' as blood drips from the quiet monster, the silence was deafening.

 

Kasai puts out his fist as the blood burns off his fist as the troll falls forward, he walks by the troll like nothing happened and grins. Kasai walks on with a little blood on his shirt ''damn it'' as he tries to rub it off still smiling and chuckles as he exits the forest onto the urban streets, the noise of people surround him as he walks on to school. He saw people whispering “it’s the kid from that village” as he heard these words, he shouted “SHUT UP!” then runs off, heading to school. One of the people screams from disgust when she sees the troll’s body “I-It’s a t-troll!” as the people look at the body. An old man at the back whispers to himself “whats that boy got himself into this time” as the pale old man softly smokes from his wooden pipe stuffed with tobacco.

 

© 2015 Scott


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome story! That's a whole lot of creativity out there and, if you made it into a book, it would be a matter of weeks before it became a BESTSELLER! Great job! Keep it up but, as Denise suggested, I too found some spelling mistakes, punctuation errors and grammatical mistakes. So, just improvise a bit on it and it'll get you a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way. Best of luck on that and I would like to read your other books too !

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Scott

8 Years Ago

thank you, that means a lot



Reviews

Awesome story! That's a whole lot of creativity out there and, if you made it into a book, it would be a matter of weeks before it became a BESTSELLER! Great job! Keep it up but, as Denise suggested, I too found some spelling mistakes, punctuation errors and grammatical mistakes. So, just improvise a bit on it and it'll get you a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way. Best of luck on that and I would like to read your other books too !

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Scott

8 Years Ago

thank you, that means a lot
I think you have an interesting story! There is some strong creativity happening here! I'd like to see where this would go if you add to it or turn it into a book. I would just read over it to check for spelling and punctuation mistakes - an easy fix! Great job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Scott

9 Years Ago

thank you, that's really nice and i was thinking of making it a book but i'm kinda busy with my othe.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2013
Last Updated on February 27, 2015

Author

Scott
Scott

Armadale, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
i am just a guy who love anime and has some good story ideas. more..

Writing
The Alchemist The Alchemist

A Book by Scott