Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Sean C Stucki
"

Chapter 6 - Me inside / my own factotum

"
6

My eyes shined in the sunlight. This was like a dream reflecting my future destiny. There was a line of people out to the parking lot from the side door. All 4 of us tried walking inside past the awaiting fans but some lady sitting behind a table stopped us.
 "Guys, if you want to see tonight's show you'll have to sign this waver."
Ms. pimples handed us all the papers with one staple on the sides of each slip.
 "We have an appointment to see Mr. Alexander." I said.
 "You'll have to sign this waver if you want to see the show."
My father has a short temper. From the ungodly rich tax payer and dealing with stuck up stubborn clients he was made to believe that he has to be angry with everything at all times. Everything everywhere makes him impatient.
Just as my father was about to flip and throw his papers into that woman's face a large muscular man with blonde hair opened the front door.
 "Hey guys! My name is Joden Christson and I believe your the fellows who is to meet Roland. You guys are right on time."
We walked in following Mr. Christson.
Walked past a wrestling ring in what looked to be a broken down black walled warehouse. More like a miniature warehouse.
As we walked into the dark suffocating corridors to the high mans office I thought about how my father was about to flip on that pizza face. I admired that. An accountant & a tax-doer. There is something about this type of man. sucking on the cheap cigarettes inside the backyard or staring out of the kitchen window, just being defiled and a recluse in front of the eyes of the earth. Great admirable qualities.
 "And..... here is his office." Joden showed us in and the man sitting at the desk was the exact same man I saw in the documentary.
 "Glenn Jacobs I presume?" He reached out for a handshake.
 "You presumed correctly!"
It was weird meeting the mad scientist behind northern California independent wrestling. I am now on my journey to fulfill my life-long dream to become a professional wrestler.
 "So..." He began after placing his hands on his knee. Nice smooth sounding voice without the gruff speech of a drill sergeant but you knew he had the testicular fortitude.
Roland continued: The art that is preformed here is just that. We don't shape or mold what you would think you're suppose to become, a superstar, but more-so like molded into an independent contractor."
I listened intently.
The talked went on for about 20 more minutes then it came to a halt when the payments came up.
 "So, to sign up for boot-camp." Roland said without hesitation: "We will be needing 3,200 dollars."
 "3,200 DOLLARS?!" Father yelled as he was about to jump out of his seat.
 "I know I know, this is the hardest part. We rent out this building monthly and it's not a soft sells approach. I, our staff, and the wrestlers all need to get paid even if it's a small amount."
Just then we heard screaming from the locker room.
"YAA! YEAH! GET IT!"
We all looked to the door where the yells we're coming out of. We heard the slaps of pads, guys slapping each-other on the chest.
 "It's the boys getting pumped up for tonight's show." Roland said with distinct pride in his voice.
 "Well Glenn, I just want you to be happy. This is a huge commitment but I know how this is what you want to do with your life." Father said with warmth.
Evan was fidgeting in his seat. He felt this was a scam.
 "I'll sign it Roland." I said with excitement. Grabbed the pen off his desk that pointed toward me like Excalibur's blade and wrote my name in cursive 5 times on 4 sheets of paper.
 "Fantastic!" Roland yelled. "I'm going to put you on a muscle & bulking plan with a nutrition sheet along with a notebook filled with how to execute all the pro-wrestling basics."
I signed the final document which was the first contract I could go into debt over. This was my first legal bind I had to adhere to but it didn't matter. Whatever the cost I was going to make this happen.
As we we're leaving Evan grabbed my shoulder and said.
 "I hope you made the right choice because this place is fucked."


© 2018 Sean C Stucki


Author's Note

Sean C Stucki
None

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on January 16, 2018
Last Updated on January 16, 2018


Author

Sean C Stucki
Sean C Stucki

Tucson, AZ



About
Just a poet writing out some short stories more..

Writing