Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Sean C Stucki
"

Chapter 7 - Me inside / my own factotum

"
                7

My girlfriend sent me a text while I was sitting on the floor inn the garage flicking a switchblade I got from this mentally handicapped guy at school.
 Sarah: 'I don't know what I did to deserve this. You hardly talk to me. We never talk on the phone and when we do it's only for a short while. Don't you love me? Lyndsey tells me to stick with you because she sees your inner light. I see it too. Call me please."
What f****n' inner light?
I kept flicking the blade in and out and also throwing it against the back door. The paint chips fell off like the feathers of a dirty dove and glided to the floor like snowflakes in Greenland.
 Sarah: Glenn-i-kins... did you check the mail today? Did you ask your mother if she grabbed it? I sent you something..."
Once again for whatever reason I didn't bother calling her and I don't know why. I was still infatuated with my first ex, Alexi.
Alexi Linko.
She was one of the worst people to come across in this life but I thought about that chrysanthemum day and night. The last time Alexi & I spoke on the phone, over a year ago, she was telling me about her class participation group subject in English.
Some paper on what you would do with your classmates. They we're grouped into teams of 4 and had to write an essay on what you would do stuck on a deserted island with a coconut & a knife. She told her teacher she would gut her fellow students like fish, murder them outright and throw the coconut out far into the sea.
 "F**k that teacher! I would've eaten those kids!" I never forgot that.
I would sit in my brothers room at midnight most Friday & Saturday nights waiting for her to call. She usually didn't. Looking at the ceiling as the lights from the medical center lightly touched the ceiling. Sitting in one spot next to the fax phone until 4 in the morning without 1 call. What the hell was wrong with me.
* * *
I got up off the floor where the concrete housed the dead spiders & dust then walked to the mailbox outside. Darkness shrouded the cul-de-sac just as the roofing and walls shrouded the dusty wrestling ring. The bright moonlight gave a path for direction.
Bill...
bill
food coupons...
A letter.
I went back inside and pushed my notes for wonderland H out of the way. The white letter had the smell of enchanting perfume. As I opened it hundreds of little tiny pink & red hearts littered the top of the table. I opened up the card and flapped it making glittery rain.
 "You, Glenn Herretick Jacobs, are cordially invited to my high school graduation party. I know this party is going to rock but it wouldn't be everything that it could be without you."
I guess i'm hitch hiking 5 hours to Telepatchey, CA.

 


© 2018 Sean C Stucki


Author's Note

Sean C Stucki
None

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on January 17, 2018
Last Updated on January 17, 2018


Author

Sean C Stucki
Sean C Stucki

Tucson, AZ



About
Just a poet writing out some short stories more..

Writing