Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Searching4aMuse
"

Ella is a high school student. She is also the new kid and a lesbian. Bonnie is her classmate, a cheerleader, blonde and perfect and surprisingly to Ella, has a crush on her.

"

Ella waited for her classmates to pass her in the hallway, before secretly making her way to the old abandoned janitor's closet she had cleaned up in the beginning of the school year when she found it on accident. It was a good place for her to hide out during lunch and breaks; the door was even lockable from the inside.

She set down her lunch on the little card table that had already been in the room and looked around at the posters she had taped to the walls. She sighed. She knew one day she would be caught, but until then, she was going to have to get the most out of her cosy safe haven. You see, Ella was the new kid who enrolled at the end of last year. Nobody talked to her or gave her any indication to her existence. She looked different then all the perfect little boys and girls who were her classmates. She wore dark clothing. Her hair was naturally black, long and straight, though she wore wigs and extensions all the time. Sometimes pink, and sometimes blue, but today she wore some bright red hair extensions. She never dyed her hair, preferring wigs to show her personality.

Her long hair was up in a high ponytail today, the red streaks standing out.

With her back to the door, she leaned her forehead against the coolness of the wall. It was two months into eleventh grade and still nobody had made any effort to get to know her. Even the teachers seemed to snub her. Ella was very smart, though they never called on her to answer questions. Her papers always came back with A's, but nobody had ever praised her for her hard work.

Tensing up when she heard the door open, Ella's eyes widened. Shoot! The one time she forgot to lock the door, someone had followed her. She sucked in her breath, though refused to turn around. It had to be a teacher. All the students were super eager to rush to the cafeteria and eat and gossip, no doubt.

A pair of hands touched her sides. Ella bit her lower lip. It couldn't be a teacher. A teacher wouldn't touch her to get her attention. There were so many rules about “wrong” touching. Most teachers would not even risk giving their favorite students a hug.

When she turned around, the hands left her waist. She was startled to be face to face with Bonnie Beningsworth, one of the most populous girls in her year. Also a cheerleader with a brain. Bonnie was always first to raise her hand to answer questions, winning the favor of all her teachers. Everyone liked her, from the popular students to the unpopular. She wasn't mean like most people assumed cheerleaders were, but she wasn't known for actively hanging out with people below her status, either.

“W-what?” Ella could only choke out. Bonnie Beningsworth was touching her!? Stalking her perhaps? No crazy! Maybe she had found out how smart Ella was and wanted a tutor. But no, Bonnie was a straight A student as well.

“Don't tell anyone. I only come in here to eat my lunch in private...” Ella rushed over to the door and locked it before another person could waltz in.

Bonnie laughed. Ella blushed. It sounded like wind-chimes on a hot summer morning.

“I'm not here to tell on you.”

“Why are you here? How did you even know I came in here?”

“I saw you a few weeks ago when I had to stay behind and talk to Mr. Rolling about my science project.”

“Did you tell your friends you saw me...?” Ella looked down at her feet. She was wearing huge black combat boots that went up to her mid calves. She was wearing a black pleated skirt that went to just above her knees. She was wearing an over-sized tee-shirt, which fell pass her hips and had a plunging neck line. Also black.

Today her face was clear of makeup. She sometimes wore a lot of makeup, but also liked to go bare faced from time to time.

“I didn't tell anyone,” Bonnie answered softly. “Ella... do you mind if I call you that?”

“It's my name.” Ella felt shocked Bonnie had even bothered to remember her name and a little flattered.

“Well then Ella. I really like your style. You are so brave! I could never wear anything so dark. My parents would freak. Are those hair extensions? Can I get a closer look?” Bonnie stepped closer to Ella without any warning and lifted the red part of Ella's ponytail.

Ella blushed and took a step back, pressing against the wall. This was weird. Since when did a cheerleader take any kind of interest in an outcast who dressed like a goth, and was new to school? Also a lesbian, but nobody knew that except for her parents, who supported it and everything about her.

“I'm not really a goth, you know? I just like dark clothing and being different. I wear wigs and extensions because I don't want to damage my natural hair. I just like changing my look often,” She explained in a rush, her cheeks almost flushed to the point that they matched the red in her hair.

Bonnie seemed to appreciate that, because she had a head of beautiful natural blonde hair that looked perfect in every way. She always kept it nice and shiny and protected from products. Her hair was also up in a ponytail, as is common with cheerleaders, but she pulled out the black band and shook her hair out. “Can I try one?”

It was getting even weirder! Ella found herself nodding, and inviting the perfect cheerleader a seat on the floor. It was clean; she kept this room very clean. Bonnie didn't seem to mind and sat right down, their legs pressing together, both in Indian style, facing each other. Ella had to take off her clunky boots to feel comfortable and couldn't help the chills going up her spine every time Bonnie shifted and their legs made more contact. Bare skin to bare skin because Bonnie was in her uniform.

She didn't even seem to care that when she set down in Indian style, her legs were exposed all the way to her panties and Ella tried not to look.

Ella carefully took down her hair and released one of the bigger extensions. She started to hand it to Bonnie.

“No, can you do it for me? I've never put them in my hair before. It would probably look bad if I do it.”

“You could wear a pizza box for a hat and it wouldn't look bad,” Ella said, before she realized how that might sound. She squeezed her eyes closed and then opened them. Bonnie wasn't looking at her in a judging way. In fact she was smiling, maybe even blushing.

“That's really a sweet thing to say. I'll have to remember that on Halloween.” She giggled. Yes, actually giggled, like she was talking to one of those annoying jock football players. Ella breathed a little easier. Bonnie might have been smart, but it seemed not enough to realize when a girl just practically hit on her, though not on purpose.

She made Bonnie look down and then brushed the blonde hair over her head. It was soft and smelled like cherry blossoms. Ella secured the extension and then brushed the hair around until the clip part of the extension was hidden. She took Bonnie's hair band and pulled her hair into a side ponytail, making the red stick out in the front.

Ella grinned. It looked good.

“It looks great like I expected it would.”

Bonnie took out a compact from her purse and started to admire her new hairdo. “Awesome. Would you mind if I wore it one day at a pep rally?” Red was one of their school colors.

“Of course not. You can have this one if you want. I have a lot of these at home.”

“Thank you.” Bonnie seemed to like getting presents. She looked so happy, making a little bubble form in Ella's throat.

Oh no. I can't be getting a crush on a cheerleader. She was only following me because she wanted the red hair for her pep rallies!

Ella was taken aback when Bonnie threw herself forward and hugged her. They were both knocked over and ended in a very compromising position.

“I love getting gifts, but I even like them better when they are from someone who doesn’t expect something in return. Because I'm popular and all, you know?”

“I-I know.”

Bonnie didn't try to get off Ella, seeming content to just lay on her while she gushed about the types of presents some people gave her and how some of them were really weird things, like one guy gave her a autographed toothbrush saying “so when you brush your teeth, you can think of me.”

“I love to keep my teeth clean, but I swear for at least two days, I couldn't brush them because I would think of him. It was gross. I don't judge people, but it was gross, because of what he was insinuating, you know?”

“I can't say anyone has ever liked me enough to do something like that, so I wouldn't know how it feels. But I can imagine it made you feel queasy.”

“Why wouldn't anyone like you? You're different, you have great hair and it changes a lot, so you always have something new going on. You have really clear skin and you're really pretty, your skin is soft and you have nice legs, not to mention, you have b***s some girls would die for.” Bonnie was very bold it seemed, but she was probably used to saying whatever she felt like.

If Ella blushed for the fact that a hot cheerleader was laying on top of her, now she was blushing even more, really not used to anyone having anything nice to say about her, except for her parents.

“The reason people don't like me is because I'm different and overweight.”

“Pffft, well you look fine to me, and since I'm a cheerleader, I should know. What's wrong with having a little more to hold? Besides, I think you look really healthy, not overweight.”

“I'm almost double your size.”

“I'm really small boned and my metabolism is really high. Believe me, I eat like a horse. I just naturally don't gain weight.”

Ella didn't know how to respond, so she just turned her head to the side. “Well thank you, I wish more people thought the way you do, then I'd have at least one friend.”

“People are uptight here. Give it a little bit. They'll warm up to you. Just speak up and don't let them treat you like you're weird, because I don't think you are.”

I might not be weird, but this situation is seriously weird. Why is she just laying there? Isn't there personal boundaries, or does she think its fine, because she's a cheerleader and they get away with everything? My mom always did say I was comfy to cuddle with.

“Then will... oh never mind.”

“What?” Bonnie prompted.

“Will you talk to me in class?”

Bonnie grinned. “Sure! Sorry, I didn't before. I guess I was just a little shy. I mean, you are so cool and different and I'm just plain old Bonnie.” For some reason, Ella could tell this wasn't the whole truth. Bonnie wasn't shy. There had to be another reason she had avoided her last year.

“Shy! But you're a cheerleader. You have more friends than I have family members. Why would I make you shy? You're hardly plain. You're r-really pretty and you're also nice from what I've seen.”

“Compared to you, I'm a plain Jane. All us cheerleaders look the same. You stand out. You have your own style. You are your own person.” She seemed to finally realize she was using Ella as a body pillow and set up, pulling her skirt down, until it wasn't all wrinkled around her waist. Though not before Ella got a full frontal view of her Hello Kitty panties. It was adorable and kind of hot, too.

“You have your own style, too. You just hide it. I think I saw some Hello Kitty panties when you flashed me.”

Bonnie did blush this time and it was really noticeable. “Y-yeah, I guess you're right. I forgot to put on my proper underclothing when I got dressed today. So I have to go to the locker room before practice or everyone will be getting an eye full.

“I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Those are thongs, aren't they?” Ella should have kept her mouth shut instead of calling Bonnie out on her choice of sexy intimates. Though Bonnie seemed to be getting over her embarrassment and nodded. She stood up and grabbed Ella's hands, helping her up, too.

“Keep that to yourself or people, boys in particular, will try to flip my skirt. I haven't had any problems with that yet, but as soon as they find out I'm practically not wearing anything under my skirt, then I'm sure they'd try harder.”

“Boys are all perverts.”

“Totally.” Bonnie put her hands on Ella's sides again and looked at her. “Can I tell you something private?”

“Sure.”

“I didn't follow you in here just so I could try on your extensions. I've kind of had this crush on you since I first saw you last year. That's the real reason I didn't talk to you last year. I'm sorry I'm being so bold now, but it comes with the territory. Cheerleader... I only didn't tell you before, because, well... you know? I have liked girls for a long time, though.”

“But wait, you have a boyfriend.”

“There are always rumors about me having a new boyfriend, but I don't actually have one.”

“I've heard you talking about how “hot” or “cute” a guy is you like.”

“Cover.”

Ella had never had any girl admit to liking her and because of Bonnie's status, she felt wary that this was some kind of big practical joke. She's so nice, though! She seems so sincere.

“Why would you risk telling me? I mean, you are so popular and this school doesn't seem to be very open minded.”

Bonnie blushed. “Because I like you and it was hard not being able to tell you last year. If you were a boy, I would have jumped at the chance to get to know you, but I've had this secret for a while. I really, really like you. I'm not assuming you're a lesbian, too. I just wanted you to know.”

This has to be a fantasy. She's actually admitting to being a lesbian. She didn't even hesitate when saying it.

“You're gay?”

“Well... yeah. I've known for a long time, but who could I tell? You're right, about this school, this neighborhood even, is really stuck in the past. I wish I lived in a more outgoing, open minded community.”

“I'm sorry for saying this, but if you are not playing a joke on me... prove that you like me. It's just so hard to believe. You are perfect and I'm just a quiet girl who likes to dress like a goth, even though I'm not one, plus I'm fat and you've got a model body.”

“You're not fat. You're bigger than me, but we've already talked about that. I like you, and I like your body just the way it is. I think about you all the time, even in private moments. There is nothing wrong with you or your body.” Bonnie moved her hands to Ella's shoulders and looked at her pleadingly. “I'm not joking, I swear. I'll prove how I feel, but you have to promise not to get mad.”

“I promise.”

So Bonnie leaned forward and kissed her, though it was only a peck on the lips. Ella didn't kiss back, though she wanted to. She was still afraid to admit she liked girls too, and didn't want her feelings to be played with. She had to push the cheerleader away.

“You're not mad?”

“No. I promised, didn't I?”

Bonnie looked down. “But you're not into girls, or me, right?”

“Well, i-it's not that, honestly. I'm a little overwhelmed. This happened really quickly. I do like girls... I admit, but I never thought about actually kissing one, or being with one, because I doubted anyone would like me, especially when I learned where we were moving.”

“Then do you want to hang out after school at my house? We can get to know each other. I'm sorry for coming on so boldly, but I guess I forgot I wasn't in cheerleader mode.” She blushed and smiled at the same time.

“You're really not joking?”

Bonnie blinked back some tears. “I'm not. Give me a chance. I can't come out tomorrow, but I want to get to know you at least and be your friend and maybe more if you want.”

“People will talk if they notice us hanging together.” Ella reached for Bonnie's red streaked ponytail and twirled it around her fingers. It was really tempting to throw away all the fears and just skip all the getting to know each other part and start making out on the spot. She was a lesbian after all and Bonnie liked her and she was really beautiful.

“I can handle that.”

“Okay. But do me one thing; stop pretending to like guys you don't and end the rumors that you are dating so and so. If you are really serious, then you'd at least do that.”

“Yes. I will. Right away! Next time I hear someone saying I'm connected to someone I'm not, I'll speak up.”

With a smile, Bonnie placed one last peck on Ella's cheek, before unlocking the door and darting out. She poked her head in and said quietly, “see you in class.”

A few minutes later, Ella left too. Just in time, because the bell was ringing. She had five minutes between periods to get to her next class. One she did share with Bonnie. English.

When she came to school today, she would have never believed she'd be leaving practically having a girlfriend, a cheerleader girlfriend at that.

She walked into the room with her head held high today. Usually, she wouldn't make eye contact with anyone, but that Ella was gone. She had a new confidence and a bounce in her step. People were whispering about Bonnie and Ella having matching hair extensions, just like Ella thought they would.

Bonnie was sitting tall and proud. She looked at Ella and smiled. Her eyes said more than her smile did. Ella was getting ready to take a seat in the back of the room when Bonnie called her over to her table.

Two other cheerleaders set with Bonnie and there was a seat free right next to her. They were all blonde and perfect looking, though Bonnie was remarkably more beautiful.

“Sit right next to me.”

She set down next to her, noticing the weird looks everyone was giving them. Bonnie ignored them so she did, too. She felt a hand on the bare part of her knee. She looked around, seeing if anyone could see, but nobody could.

“This is Ella. She's cool,” Bonnie told her friends.



© 2013 Searching4aMuse


Author's Note

Searching4aMuse
Please give me your honest opinions and critiques.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I definetely want to know more about how this story progresses, I hope you write more!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Added on April 22, 2013
Last Updated on April 22, 2013
Tags: cheerleader, gay, goth, highschool, homosexual, lesbian, love, outcast, romance, cliche


Author

Searching4aMuse
Searching4aMuse

About
My name's Mae. I'm a 20 something house wife. I write a large variety of things. I have all kinds of characters from young to old, gay to straight, female to male. Please be aware of this. My .. more..

Writing