A Whisper

A Whisper

A Poem by Seasick Fist
"

Originally a Stream of Conciousness piece adapted into Spoken Word. This is a collection of my thoughts on romance and relationships from a single person's point of view.

"

I feel, like I'm a spirit, like an entity, surrounded by a sea of people, no, not people, couples. 

Millions and millions of them. As far as the eye can see.

But I'm not the only one of my kind. 

There are others, but the wash of these creatures, couples, is so vast, it can be weeks, months, even years before we catch sight of another.

We're trying to find each other. Because, we are ruled by our instincts and these things we call “emotions”. 

We are always motivated to travel on and keep on searching. We want to give up.

But for some, fucked up reason, we can't stop. We are surrounded by proof that it is possible, and that gives us, gives us f*****g “hope”. 

This cancerous like sentiment that spreads through our entire being and won't let us give up. 

We're different beings to these couple life forms. We flow through them, leaving them undisturbed, almost ignorant to our very existence, so consumed with each other; they all but become one being. 

It sickens me. Yet I want it. I want it more than anything I could possibly imagine.

But why?

Why oh why must I f*****g torture myself?!

But yes, we ride the flow, journeying on peacefully.

But these beings, they crash together, colliding, like atoms and molecules. Disturbing the flow, the natural order of things.

They cause more damage than they are worth, and I wish to become one of them. I cannot comprehend why I would ever want to be such a, f*****g nuisance.

But then I think about the glimpses I catch of them, and I see an emotion I've never seen before. 

There is lightness about them, like they are floating aimlessly. Like it doesn't matter where they are going, so long as they are together? 

I want to experience this strange sensation.

Maybe I already have? I just don't remember it. 

I don't remember what that sensation is to experience. 

Maybe that's why I crave it so badly, because deep down, buried in my subconscious, beneath the hate, the bitterness. 

There is, a faint memory, no, a whisper, that knows something.

Like it had something once, and has since lost it. 

And will do everything and anything in its power to get it back.

And no matter how much I hate to admit it, how much I loathe the very idea of it, I want it too...

© 2011 Seasick Fist


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
i know the feeling of seeing "couples" everywhere it annoys the crap out of me though and i don't really care since i'm a tomboy i got my buddies but the poem was really well written. amazinginly penned. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Added on September 28, 2011
Last Updated on September 28, 2011
Tags: Spoken Word, Poetry, Poem, Romance, Relationships, Love, Stream of Conciousness

Author

Seasick Fist
Seasick Fist

West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
I am a Poet from a small town you've never heard of. Here I will share my Spoken Word Poetry. I've decided to only include my poetry I don't perform on this site from now on. For my more traditi.. more..

Writing