What!

What!

A Poem by Seepz
"

I wrote this poem after the 2008 terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India - Very disturbed with what I heard and saw.

"
What is feat without fear, What is success without failure,
What is dawn, what is dusk, Just phases of nature?

What is war without blood, What is terror without guts,
What is sanity, What is madness, just outcomes of human sadness?

What is good and never bad?, What is bright and never dark?
What comes and never goes back?, What makes you happy and never sad?

What is God, What is Satan, Can't figure out in morbid perceptions,
Losing my mind, going insane, with the unhappiness that prevails.

What if today the World comes to an end, What if I had no more chances left,
Would I tell you that I have been in love, Would I say I have no regrets?

© 2010 Seepz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this for its flavor. It kind of mimics Antonio Banderas' lines from the 13th Warrior about saying and doing all the things that he hadn't done in preparation for what he thought was going to be his end. I like the rhetorical nature of the thoughts posed against a potential end. I think they are more legitimate than people spouting off what they think they would or should think upon learning of impending death.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like this for its flavor. It kind of mimics Antonio Banderas' lines from the 13th Warrior about saying and doing all the things that he hadn't done in preparation for what he thought was going to be his end. I like the rhetorical nature of the thoughts posed against a potential end. I think they are more legitimate than people spouting off what they think they would or should think upon learning of impending death.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this piece; so simple yet it speaks existential volumes...well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What is the essence.. indeed. Great write..

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

332 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2010
Last Updated on September 16, 2010

Author

Seepz
Seepz

Dubai, United Arab Emirates



About
Practical, Headstrong, Carefree, Spirited... Emotional and Practical at the same time.. On the other times... Just Lost!!! more..

Writing
Let Them Say Let Them Say

A Poem by Seepz



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..