F**k, I'm sorry.

F**k, I'm sorry.

A Poem by Trisha Clark
"

Restored.

"

 

 

I'm waking up on the wrong side of town again,

and on the wrong side,

of the wrong bed.

Anymore, it seems,

I'm doing all of the wrong things right.

 

But I only have this one heart, you see?

And it's so damn heavy,

I couldn't move it

even if I tried.

And you're right when you say, I haven't.

 

So just let me lay here.

With my brick of a heart,

staring at the ceiling fan,

sky-eyed, and still,

wondering, who chased all the good guys off?

© 2008 Trisha Clark


Author's Note

Trisha Clark
I wish I could figure out how to put the Evoca back on here....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! Your words I can really feel and it is written with so much emotion and depth and I jutst love the title! :) You go gurl! LOL! Great write Miss Trisha! Hope to read more from you in the future! :) One luv gurl!


-JC-

Posted 16 Years Ago


i love this trisha! like you're just wasting time, waiting for someone worthwhile to come along. this write has a really strong voice ... i'd love to hear it in Evoca, but it's a great write even though!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Your voice in no way took away from the poem. On the contrary, your voice added much to the piece. Your voice conveyed a sadness and longing for love, that words alone would not have done.
You did a wonderful job with this poem, using your beautiful voice to convey your emotions.
Very well written, very well read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow what a lonely feel you have expressed very deeply with this piece..."doing all the wrong things right" I know that all to well... finding yourself doing everything you can to humiliate and embarrass yourself and ruining any chances for the good thing in life to happen and trying to figure out why you keep sabotaging yourself... yes i have been there... well structured and powerful piece. Oh and your voice is great for reading your work!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


oooof! "so just let me lay here with my brick of a heart," pow!

doing all the wrong things right. man have i felt that.

what a great poem. it's ... heavy.

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow i love this poem. very sad and dark. :D)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow. I really like this. It is very lonely and desperate, but self-examining-aware. You put my favorite line in bold. Good choice. Thank you so much for inviting me to read this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I don't think your real voice takes away from your poetic voice at all. IN FACT, I think it's perfect. I can hear the emotion in your voice as I read the poem, very nicely done. I love it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Good stuff Trisha. Powerful, evocative, personal (it seems). I hope it was also somehow cathardic. Keep up the good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Awww... But beyond the emotions of this, which are great...let me say I loved your imagery...

such as "staring at the ceiling fan SKY-EYED"..... and this is nit-picking, not a slam, but are they blue [emotional and literal] or dark [emotional and literal].

And I loved the repetition of "wrong" in the first stanza...very effective in setting the tone of the poem.

Wanna hug you after reading this *cyber-hug*

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

563 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2008
Last Updated on February 17, 2008

Author

Trisha Clark
Trisha Clark

Fayetteville, NC



About
Not on here much these days... more..

Writing
Mercy Mercy

A Poem by Trisha Clark


Carnage Carnage

A Poem by Trisha Clark


Blind Blind

A Poem by Trisha Clark



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..