How to write a novel?

How to write a novel?

A Story by SenPerfect
"

Your dream is become a novelist? I can hepl your dreams come true.

"

Without waiting, here is how to write a novel:

Make Character Cards

What? How? We do not start with the frame? Well no.

Imagine you want to build a house. You go to the architect's home:

"Hello Mr architect, I would like a house.

- Very good ! Come back next week, your plans will be ready! "

Uh ... There's something missing? For example, who will live there? How many people ? What are their tastes?

In the same way, before you start in the structure of your novel, you should know who will live there .

You should logically have a rough idea of ​​story to tell, even if you have no plot. Whatever your basic ideas, put them flat, very quickly:

The story of a girl who arrives full of misfortune

The story of a guy who goes around the world and meets mysterious characters

The story of a person who evolves throughout his life. I would like it to be a bit like in "such novel", with a lot of adventures.

A crime novel with a murder really difficult to solve and a woman who investigates, very original.

A very sad romance that ends badly.

In all these basic ideas, even very vague, there is always at least one character to be treated first. Most certainly your hero. This is where you will start. You will see that as you meet your character, you will find your story, the other protagonists, and many ideas that you could not have otherwise. These ideas will be much better if they start from good characters, rather than a historical context or your mere imagination. Your characters will be a more organized and organized research library than your raw imagination.

And yet, everything is starting from you and good questions to ask:

·        Ask your characters questions

·        For your characters to be really interesting, they need to be as close to people as possible .

·        What is the difference between a character and a person? We will do a little exercise (fun to do hihi):

·        Think about the person around you that you know best. Its good ? OK.

·        If I ask you, "What does this person like to eat in the morning?" You can answer. Easy.

·        If I ask you: "What is his favorite animal?" Easy too.

·        Now, if I ask you, "What would this person say if you told him you're going to live in Australia forever?" It's a little bit longer to imagine, but just as easy.

Because you know this person perfectly . And like any other person, it is composed of an experience, an experience, and millions of different facets that make it possible to consider it as a "real person". What composes her, we will call her baggage .

Even people who do not know her, see this person filled with a certain baggage, act, live, etc. That's what allows her baker or anyone she meets on the street, to judge it in a certain way, feeling it as part of humans. It is also this baggage that allows him to act and live in a certain way, with a logic that is his own.

So, to create an interesting character, you give him a baggage, as full as possible. It is necessary to ask questions relevant to the context. If, for example, you want to create an adventurer character, you will have to ask him questions about situations in which he might find himself. If it's a romance, about his most complex feelings.

But we must not delude ourselves. This work of character creation will take time, and your cards can be 30 pages each if needed. You have to be passionate about this work, and if you do it well, it will be exciting .

Here's how to proceed in order:

Organize to create your cards. Word, or Evernote , rank. A Word file, or a notebook by character.

Find a picture that fits, or draw your character. You must have his face in front of him to ask him questions more easily.

Quickly type as many questions as possible about daily life (family, food, hygiene, clothing, habits, sleep...) to find ideas imagine how your day unfolds, and ask yourself "What would my character do? in my place ?"

Look for deeper questions about your character's thoughts, feelings, opinions. To find ideas, take a look at Facebook, and look at the timeline: what would your character think of this article? From this video? From this person? Politics, humor, dreams, psychology ... Your character thinks and feels .

Ask questions about his report to others. What is his relationship with his father, his mother, his friends?

Go to very specific questions, such as a specialized interview. Get inspired by the context in which you want to place it. If this person is a female police inspector, ask her questions such as "How did you live in your police academy?" Or "Are you a victim of misogyny in your work?"

Go to the maieutics . Ask more and more questions to your character. With each affirmation on his part, ask him "why?" Never settle for an evasive, generalist answer.

Ask your character to reveal his secrets: what would he say to no one? Never ?

Questions about childhood. I will explain this a little better in the next part.

Be interested in your character as a real person! Be very curious. Your character has tons of things to reveal.

 Not To Do

Use someone you know, and use it to make a character.

To be a generalist Have your character say "I get along well with people" Yuck! Not good ! Bouh!

Create a character whose main characteristic is to be "nice". Aaaaa aaaaa aaaaahhhh ... ( I ran away.)

 Write A Novel: Create Interesting Characters

An interesting character, is a character with depth, reliefs, and contrasts . It is impossible to create a good character that is entirely good, or entirely bad.

For your character to have relief, you must give him psychopathologies . Even if they are benign, like Robert Langdon's claustrophobia or Sherlock Holmes's cocaine addiction. But the more these mental disorders are particular, serious, or deemed incurable, the more your characters will have relief.

Here Is A List Of Pathologies To Inspire You.

I'm going to give you a little secret of shrink: so that your wicked character is a real villain, we must give him these 3 pathologies, also called " the black triad ". And so, if you want your hero to be endearing, do not give him any of these traits, especially not these 3 handsets! Ultimately, narcissism alone can work.

And this is where our questions about childhood will have a very important role to play. You have surely heard, and perhaps you also think, that "not everything comes from childhood" and that "it is too easy to explain everything by childhood".

Okay. Whatever your opinion on it, believe me, if you do not explain these pathologies by the childhood of your characters, you will only get hollow psychopaths and flat paranoids.

You will need to do some research to try to understand the reasons that can push a healthy child to become at some point "phobic" "psychopathic" or "manic". If you give birth to your character "crazy" (and you will notice that this mental disorder does not exist), you will have no relief, no motivation in the acts, no reason in the motivations, and that will take away elements of the luggage that you will need terribly throughout your writing.

Do not forget to give qualities to your bad guys. It is precisely these qualities that will bring out its dangerousness. If a psychopath is intelligent, elegant, handsome and organized, you make him a terrifying narcissistic pervert.

© 2018 SenPerfect


Author's Note

SenPerfect
Seriously. When you type in the search engine "How to write a novel", you do not want "10 tips to write a novel", nor know "the stakes of writing a novel", let alone "the 5 errors not to do when writing a novel ".Are you for real waiting that at one of the custom writing essays services you find a magic answer? No. What you want is a method, which tells you how to write a novel step by step.
Is this method THE method? Certainly not. But it is a great tool that will allow you to free yourself from the technique to focus on pure creation.

Will this method make you the next Goncourt? Still no. But it will make your novel a work of its own, which can give your readers the feeling that you have a good command of your work, if you do not have a real writing talent. And if you have talent, this tool could propel you to the end of your dreams.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The post is exciting. It lets you know how to write a novel. It is true that writing a novel takes a lot of time, research, and effort, but the procedure can be a very satisfying experience. There are a lot of things that you have to do to come up with a great novel. Some of the points that you have to do when writing a novel include pin down the story idea, read books in your genre, pick your novel’s point of view, set up the setting, build up your main characters, establish conflict and stakes, generate an outline, select your story structure, etc.


Thanks,
https://essayschief.com

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Added on September 28, 2018
Last Updated on September 28, 2018
Tags: novel, writing, writing advice

Author

SenPerfect
SenPerfect

Los Angeles, CA