Forever

Forever

A Poem by Blue
"

a word overused

"
"Forever..."

a word overused
a word misunderstood

It is but a moment
not longer than it should.



"Forever..."

has been heard
in lifetimes before

It lost its glitter--
a treasure no more.


"Forever..."

said they
in the heat of romance

empty, nothing
desperate call for chance



"Forever..."

said he
my lover, only one

I woke up one day
and found him gone.



"Forever..."

a word he overused
a word I misunderstood

It is but a moment
not longer than it should.

© 2014 Blue


Author's Note

Blue
Who hasn't used it?
Who hasn't believed it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is a very powerful word, people say it and they far from mean it. Or sometimes there unsure but they promise forever anyway.
This word needs to only be used when the person is sure and when they mean it.

Anyway I loved the poem, it sounded very poetic and the title was a perfect fit.
It was deep, and meaningful.
I liked how you have kind of repeated the start at the end.
Amazing write :)
I loved it as per usuall :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Cimmy. You are so kind.
cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

your most welcoem :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
The format of this piece is really nice and well presented, I like it. and about the content, yeah, it always been misunderstood.

You know, your ate Dhaye and me had this conversation about forever, I told her : “in relationship, in my understanding, is just like food, it doesn’t last forever, it will eventually rot if not refrigerate for a certain time and not taken well cared for. We’ve been using forever for quite a long time, it adds a romantic feeling to our confessions or love expression. You know I am just being practical and seeing reality at that time when I said forever is not the right word to give your love one but a life time is the right word for it. Still I am not saying that you can’t use that word… it is still the right romantic word for someone you love. Forever might meant a certain time or moment, in that matter you are right..”

But that’s just me, I guess it all depends on the person of what you believe it to be. So I want to answer in this review on mr. Jonathan’s question : “So what truly last forever?”

In the world of literature, our thoughts are immortalize, and it means, if handle carefully it will truly last forever. Like a love letter, it will be a forever a treasure to the love one to whom it was given. And really it is true that nothing last forever. Almost everything has its end, except on how the universe came to be… because I believed there is an infinite cycle in the universe that keeps it running in many possibilities.

In the human world forever is just a words or moments of a certain time. Life always have a life-span, it is not unending, but it is longer, much longer depending how well we cherish what we love. Love is constant good but as human, we are capable of many faults or mistakes, we fail from time to time, there are winner and losers, it just a natural cycle on how we learned to cope up and love again. There is a fine balance between love and lost, or love and hate, or good and bad… seeing those lines are hard to maintain, like how our emotions are maintain, self-control and losing control… I guess what I am trying to point out is that, we can lose someone we love if we ourselves don’t admit never cherish what we already have... until it was already too late… :)

Very nice piece blue…


Posted 10 Years Ago


Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Hey, bukingin ba ako kay Blue? You're too cute, Pax...nakakata-cute!. LOL
Blue

10 Years Ago

Hahaha. Sarap sanang manood ng world war 3. :)

Thank you so much, Pax. You are so good .. read more
Powerful work, saying what needs to be said.

I enjoyed the metaphors you used in this poem - the word 'forever' compared to a treasure that's lost its glitter - that was my favourite part of this poem, - and the sad irony at the end, how the word was used, invoking eternities but only lasted a moment. I think this poem is more powerful for its metaphors, than what was simply stated...

That said, I enjoyed this poem a great deal, and felt it's something that needs to be said.

People fail to be what they say they are, so often.
A writer always needs to be true to their word. I believe everyone should be, but writers most especially, and hope that the world can follow the example we may set.
After all... what are we without them?

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Blue

10 Years Ago

Landred, you rock! I mean, your reviews are wonderful! I know you must be very busy with your life's.. read more
KAin

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome, Arzel. Sometimes on the cafe, i tend to review a poem that sparks interest with.. read more
"Forever" the word most used but least felt. Nothing lasts forever. Even sunset is a sign of the coming dawn. Of new beginnings.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Yes, thank you for sharing your thoughts, Annabella.
Love this, love the presentation, awesome piece :) x

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Tia.
very entertaining and yet so very true. Thank you!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, too.
why did that made me really cry ??????????????????
maybe because i truely elieved it, believed in llove :(
that was really so true...well done
you made me cry :'( because i was trying to forget this and then you pressed on the pain :(
That was awesome

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Ohh, thank you. I've been there before and I know just how it feels.
stars are far

10 Years Ago

it hurts :(
Blue

10 Years Ago

Like hell.
Very thoughtful and insightful, it is certainly a word used lightly. None here on earth has ever experienced it and in fact it cannot be experienced here at all. A nice poem to make a person think about frivolous usage of words.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Eddie. I'm disappointed with how people use words loosely and inappropriately.
You are so right. The words should mean what they are and till that duration so to speak. Otherwise we are just telling lies or they are misunderstood...Bravo......................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Blue

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Sami. Stunning picture, anyway.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Thank you kindly...You are welcome...:)..........

8
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2268 Views
80 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on January 27, 2014
Last Updated on March 5, 2014
Tags: forever, heartache

Author

Blue
Blue

City of Love, Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
Hi, there! I don't know who I really am but let's start with my name. I am Arzel Joy, otherwise known as Blue here in WC. I have more pressing matters at hand so I have reduced my time spent on th.. more..

Writing
Please Tell Him Please Tell Him

A Poem by Blue


Sank, Saved Sank, Saved

A Poem by Blue


Drowning Drowning

A Poem by Blue



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Xposure ~ Xposure ~

A Poem by Frieda P