dreams and ambitions

dreams and ambitions

A Story by Senu Jayasinghe
"

This is how I describe the difference between dreams and ambitions.....

"
Someone have surely asked you this question when you were a student ..."What is your ambition?" Then you might have said you want to be a doctor , an engineer ,teacher or may be a musician .
Then someone might have asked you; what your dream is ...
Did you give the same answer? Well if you did ,then ...
This was the answer I gave " I want to travel the world , meet various people of various nations,religions and learn about their lives, go on a hike to nowhere", despite having no money to travel, or despite being a not very social character.
so ambition is what you want or want to be in the future, a goal you know that you can achieve, if you really do want to. A target you can aim and shoot with the necessary confidence,determination and hard-working.
but dream feels different. You may know what it is, but you don't really know how to reach it. It seems so far, the road misty, sometimes it just seems like miracle.

Fulfil your ambition, you'll find satisfaction; reach your dream, you'll find satisfaction and, eternal happiness. And one other thing...dreams never die, they are always followed by another !...

© 2015 Senu Jayasinghe


Author's Note

Senu Jayasinghe
Do you agree with me?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel stupid. I have just realised that it doesn't matter how much you dream if you don' t fulfil your ambitions they will just be dreams...dreams forever. It doesn't matter how important your dreams are if you are not ambitious , you are not worthy of them.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I have spent many years trying to figure out what my ambition is, and a lot of time it’s right under your nose! I remember that question troubling me a LOT through life. When you’re in school you feel so pressured to answer it. How maddening. Money is such a hindrance of ambition; especially when our ambitions require supplies, like gas, paint, film, ext.

Suggestions:
“Someone have surely” – Has surely.
" student .....” - The three dot pause is called an ellipsis. It is only three dots, no less no more.
“or nay be a” – Or maybe.
“of corse with” – Of course.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Senu Jayasinghe

9 Years Ago

Thnx a lot for the review.
Meat of Dog

9 Years Ago

Of course, any time!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 8, 2015
Last Updated on February 12, 2015