How my sun rises

How my sun rises

A Poem by Seraph Trend
"

Morning sunrise

"
The lines are interesting. The grooves on the surface satisfy the tip of my finger. the smooth surface underneath the shell is comfortable and soft.

My body is hunched over and my knees are tucked close to my chest. My feet flat on the cold sand. My hands investigate the creators craft work. My eyes see nothing, only my hands feel in the darkness.

Warmth grows on my back. The shell is drawn before me. My fingers grow deaf and my eyes begin to capture all the attention. The warmth continues to grow

The sand under my feet reflects the light. Brown and white it glows. the shell cries for my attention. The warmth is growing, tapping me on the shoulder from behind.

I turn. My hand is printed on the smooth sand. Its cold.

The dark sea is a mirror. The dark sea is a mist. And from it the Sun is born. The mist takes on the colors from the powerful light. My eyes adjust to it. My hand turns to a fist in the cold sand. The colors are marvelous. My face flushes in the warmth


I peak over to the left to get a better view. Its useless. Everywhere the light is spilling. The sun emerges from its hiding place. I am revealed. I cannot hide. The shell hides in the sand. I cannot hide. yet i do not want to. This is a gift for me. So was the shell, so I take it in my hand. I can now see it in the light. The sand is warm under my feet.

My eyes adjust to the light. I spread my arms and embrace the gift from the creator. Light spills into me. My eyes consume the light. My body reflects all the colors of the morning sun. the warmth cloths me. I need no tie or socks for this walk along the shore.

Just my shell and my Sun. They are mine, a gift from the creator of the Sun.

© 2010 Seraph Trend


Author's Note

Seraph Trend
This is an excersise that I found on face book. You have to explain how your sun rises
for you personally as you feel to describe creatively.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

stunning landscape painted in words~ an extremely sensate write~ the reader is invited through exquisite narration to take up the part of the observer within the poem~ there were moments as I read that your intricate crafting had me wondering if the narrator was a human being or a soft shell crab giving her shell to the sea~ imaginative~ clever~ beautiful!~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful

Posted 11 Years Ago


I will have to work on this exercise and contemplate how to express in words how my sun rises, it seems like you are writing about the gift of healing you shared with me today, is that right?

Posted 12 Years Ago


stunning landscape painted in words~ an extremely sensate write~ the reader is invited through exquisite narration to take up the part of the observer within the poem~ there were moments as I read that your intricate crafting had me wondering if the narrator was a human being or a soft shell crab giving her shell to the sea~ imaginative~ clever~ beautiful!~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2010
Last Updated on September 11, 2010

Author

Seraph Trend
Seraph Trend

Tampa, FL



About
Since i was a child I lived in a world of fantasy. My surroundings were a blank sheet waiting to be filled with adventures and amazing wonders. I loved to play with toys. I built homes for them by pil.. more..

Writing
Unite Unite

A Poem by Seraph Trend


GARDEN GARDEN

A Story by Seraph Trend