Unite

Unite

A Poem by Seraph Trend

The wind blew over him and his grip almost slipped.

The paper he held in his hands rattled furiously, almost taking flight into the ocean mass. The boat rocked lightly, a pebble in the infinite sea.

He drew in a breath and held it captive in his chest, holding dear, allowing his lungs to savor the freshness in the atmosphere.

Then exhaling he looked down at the note in his grip. “life span expectancy…one week at the most” and at the top the patients name, it was his own.

A smile was depicted. His cheeks wrinkled Like the rest of his body. The note meant nothing.

This time he waited for the next breeze. It never came.

He didn’t want to throw the paper away.

He wanted the wind to tear it from his hands just like his destiny was about to tear away his life from this world. The smile persisted.

He was happy here. The Dolphins were his company.

Into water he went.

The water dissolved the paper from his fingers and his wrinkles became one with the waves.

He left the drifting boat behind and began his new life with the only other creatures that could find something to sing about, even in the deepest of oceans, even in the darkest of days. 


-Seraph Trend

© 2012 Seraph Trend


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
Added on May 3, 2012
Last Updated on May 3, 2012
Tags: dolphins, death, ocean, life, decisions

Author

Seraph Trend
Seraph Trend

Tampa, FL



About
Since i was a child I lived in a world of fantasy. My surroundings were a blank sheet waiting to be filled with adventures and amazing wonders. I loved to play with toys. I built homes for them by pil.. more..

Writing
GARDEN GARDEN

A Story by Seraph Trend


Pinq Pinq

A Poem by Seraph Trend