Chapter 2: Dragons

Chapter 2: Dragons

A Chapter by Eryn ♪

The voice we hear belongs to a girl, but when we look up towards the branches of the willow we can't locate her. As we strain our necks to find her, a set of hands grabs me by the shoulders making me jump.

"Gotcha." It was the same voice that we heard in the tree.


I spin around to find a girl barely the height of my shoulder leaning against the tree, a Cheshire smile painted on her face.

"You're gonna have to be quicker than that if you want to join the Dragons." She says before racing away. "Come on slowpokes."

Joshua and I glance at each other for only a moment before taking off after her.


It's all we can do to follow her black waist length hair through the crowds of people lining the sidewalk. It was no wonder the Dragons were never found out; just keeping up with them was a challenge.

We are about to pass by one of the many dark alleyways when I notice her slipping behind one of their corners. Both Joshua and I have to back peddle so as not to lose her; the effect is we are like salmon swimming up white water rapids. By the time we get there she is gone.

"Now what?" I asks as we jog down the narrow path.

"You are going to have to do better than that." The girl's giddy voice calls out from farther inside.

We quicken our pace though a maze of alleyways and back streets trying as hard as we can to follow her giggling insults; after all, it's not every day you get to meet a Dragon.


"Try again." She calls as we make yet another wrong turn.

By this time I am out of breath and have to stop for a moment for fear of barfing, even Joshua was panting beside me, and he is on the track team.

"Aww are your little legs tired? Can't you keep going; you're almost there."

The insult gave me the strength to keep going. No one made fun of me for being short, except for Joshua. Besides, she was shorter than I was.

Finally, we round yet another of the many corners, we see her, sitting on the doorstep of an old cellar. She looks as fresh as if she had just run through the rain, compared to Joshua and I panting away like sick dogs.

"Took you long enough. Well I guess you made it this far, so you as well come in."



© 2014 Eryn ♪


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A set of hands grabs (grab) me by the shoulders making (causing) me jump.
Joshua and I glance at each other for only a (brief) moment before taking off after her.
And he is on the track team. (And he runs track.)
Could use some strengthening, but a good start...


Posted 8 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the reviews, I hope you enjoy the remake, it should be a bit smoother. BTW, most of you r.. read more
Haha, I like this girl. Taunting is one of my specialties. :P On to the next chapter!

Posted 10 Years Ago


My interest is piqued. What will happen next? When is the meteor going to strike? What happens after the meteor??
Good work, keep going :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is great, I love how the girl taunts them.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

566 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2014


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..