Chapter 10: Light

Chapter 10: Light

A Chapter by Eryn ♪

I stumbled through the darkness, my only intent to escape the grim reality of Joshua's death. I make no sound as I rush towards what I hope is the Den, to encounter another of the solemn ghosts would surely leave me dead. I've got to warn the others; warn them so that they don't share Joshua's fate. I feel the broken asphalt crunch underneath my feet, the cold air biting at me with it's gnarled teeth. I can't breath, but the adrenaline rushing through my veins keeps me going. I hear the crunch of soft earth beneath my feet and I know something is wrong. I have gone too far. Slowly I make my way back, trying to navigate the void. My out stretched fingers brush against a rough mound of earth. I feel across the warm surface and I know I'm in trouble. It's the meteor.

I fall to the ground defeated. In the bright world I remember I would have easily found my way back, but in this black nightmare the odds are next to nothing.
"Hey, don't give up." I hear a small voice call out, but I am afraid to move. I'm afraid it is my mind playing tricks on me when I'm most desperate.
"Come on, quickly." The girls voice is insistent and though I am weary, I follow.
"That's it, this way."

I race along, following the light that is this girls voice. The air changes as I run, and I know we are in the alley ways. I start to push faster. I am once again in familiar territory. A quick left and I feel the air brush past me, I have just barely missed the wall, a skill learned through months of practice.
"We're almost there." I hear the voice call out. Soon I hear her footsteps slow and I know we are at the Den.
"Thank you, for leading me here."
"Of course." she says. I want to say more to find out who she is, but the words are caught in my throat. I hear her footsteps turn to leave.
"Wait..."
The steps start towards me and I feel her slip her small hand into my own. I imagine the light coming off her, a star in the darkness. Slowly it takes form, her small form glowing against the darkness.
"Remember, even if you can't see it everything has an aura. If you look for it, it will lead you."
With that her shining figure turned and left slipping behind the turn and disappearing.
"Seth, man we were worried." I turn towards Jay's voice his own figure glowing green against the shadows.
"Were is Joshua?" he asks. "Wasn't he with you?"
At that I fall to the ground again and a torrent of tears fall into the shadows.


© 2013 Eryn ♪


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on June 14, 2013


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪