Blank points: Clair's search

Blank points: Clair's search

A Chapter by Eryn ♪
"

Welcome to the first blank points in my novel. This part will not focus on Seth, but rather another character in the book. So, enter Clair.

"
"How the hell do you lose a blind kid in an empty city?" I ask the frustration of hours of searching  getting to me.
"You've got me there." Neil says.
"Shut up four-eyes. It was a rhetorical question."
Honestly he has been no help whatsoever, more of a hindrance really. The only reason we lost Seth was because he had to go and get his foot stuck between two of the cars. Not to mention his constant whining that he thought something was following us.
"Did you hear that?" Neil asks, clearly on edge.
"No." I reply.
"Oh, okay."
We wander past another empty convenience store, and pause. Neil is right, there is something there. Causally, so as not to let him know I was mistaken, I enter the building. As I step through the entrance, the neon sign in the window sparks, I stiffen for only a moment an then move on. I listen for the shuffling sound I had heard earlier, but hear nothing. False alarm.
"What the hell. Were are you Seth?" I shout as I kick an empty can against a wall. The can bounces around the counter upon which a loud cry echos out.
"RAOW"
I jump unable to hide my surprise.
"Hey Clair." Neil says through bursts of laughter, "I didn't know you were scared of cats."
I watch him walk disappear behind the counter and reemerge with a small bundle of fur peaking out over his arms.
"I think he is just as scared as you are Clair."
"Oh yeah?" I ask, "Then why isn't he hissing and scratching to get away?"
"I'm good with animals, they tend to trust me."
Great, so now I have to deal with "no-eye Jack" and "Dr. Do-little" could this day get any better?
"I'm gonna call you Crystal." Neil says to the cat.
"You know you can't keep it, we have enough mouths to feed as it is." I say.
"Awe but she is so cute. Please can I keep her?"
"No, and that's final." I yell as I walk out of the ruined building. I look at the crumbling city around me and I have to wonder, what caused all of this? Surely the world wouldn't change this quickly. It was only a month ago that these buildings stood sturdy and tall, not a tuft of grass to be seen for blocks. Now the world was overgrown with vines and weeds poking through the holes in the shattered cement.
Neil shortly emerges from the store, the cat in one hand and a carton of milk in the other.
"I thought I told you to leave that thing." I say. A stuck out tongue is my only reply. God they are all such children.
"Fine keep the cat, but let's get going. The dead eyed wonder is probably dying in a hole somewhere."


© 2013 Eryn ♪


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

441 Views
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 10, 2013
Tags: What Lies in Shadows, Shadows, Blank, Notes, Clair, Neil


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪