Chapter 14: Tower

Chapter 14: Tower

A Chapter by Eryn ♪

"Where have you been?" She exclaims driving her fist into my shoulder with the strength of a steam roller.
"We were worried." Neil says "Especially Clair. You should have seen, Oomph..."
"We didn't want to lose another one, especially the commanders pet." Her voice echoing off an icy blue that sent shivers down my spine.
"Sorry, I was following someone who saved me once." I say.
"Well clearly not. If you were, we would be sitting in the CN Tower by now."
"Speaking of which, Crystal thinks we should head that way now." Neil interjects.
"Who's Crystal?" I ask, and am answered by the small mew of cat. I barely have time to take in it's vibrant yellow fur before it fades to black again.
"I see," I say revelling in the small victory over the empty void that fills my vision, "So then which way?"
"Come on "Short stop," I'll drag your sorry a*s home." Clair says as she grabs my arm.
Just as she promised I am dragged by my arm over the mess of debris beneath my feet. My shoulder threatening to leave its socket.

I watch as each step we take lights up the black world ever so slightly, casting the desecrated walkways into relief.
"Hey, Seth?" Neil asks. "What is up with the smile."
"Oh nothing," I answer, "I was just thinking of how funny you look in blue."
"Huh? um yeah ok." He says clearly caught off guard.

We continue on in silence for a time until I hear a hissing sound.
"What's wrong?" I ask the glowing cat.
"I don't know." Neil replies, "She is startled by something."
"But it's only us out here..." I start, but the words fall dead in the stale air. The smile that was plastered on my face only a moment before is drowned in the humming that fills the air.
"Do you guys hear that?" Neil asks, his voice wavering nervously.
It takes me a moment to let his words sink in. He had heard it too, the ghosts hollow humming had finally reached the ears of someone else.
With a ferocious wail I watched the docile Crystal scratch at the dark silhouette of Neil and bound away. She knew what was coming and she wanted nothing to do with it.

"Run." I finally managed to yell as the words reached my brain. It was a mistake.
The world burst to life, a torrent of amber coming towards us, blocking our path to the tower.
"Hurry, this way." I say running back the way we came.
"Neil move!" I hear Clair say. I look back to see her red figure running towards me, leaving behind the silent black form of Neil shivering against the orange glow.
Slowly, much too slowly he turns and runs.
"Faster Neil, they're gaining."
We make our winding way around the shattered street, keeping ahead of the wave, but it is starting to take it's toll. Suddenly I am pulled sideways through an open doorway.
"We're here. "Do little" you're almost there. just keep a little farther." I can hear anxiety in her voice, but I pay it no heed. I am to busy watching my wheezing blue friend racing towards us. As he is with reach of the doorway I watch his foot hit a jagged block of cement and twist sharply. The crunch of the shattering bone is lost as he hits the ground.

I know I screamed his name, but I heard no sound. It was only Clair's persistence that stopped me from running to his rescue, and my death. The last glimpse of him as I was pushed into the stairwell was his electric blue eyes, shocked and afraid, and then...
Extinguished.


© 2013 Eryn ♪


Author's Note

Eryn ♪
What do you think? Please don't be afraid to speak your mind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Alright, so I like how you use color to describe auras, but still I don't find enough sensory imagery from my other senses. There are a few grammar errors, but sadly I cannot point one out. This is really good, it's just the sensory imagery that is kind of taking away from everything. I'm getting some of the feeling, little hearing, no scents, and a lot of sight.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

And it has gotten better.
Eryn ♪

10 Years Ago

No, I appreciate it, people usually are like, "This is really good." or "I really liked this." I lik.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Same lol. I would give an example but I have so much to do lol.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 4, 2013
Last Updated on August 4, 2013
Tags: What Lies in Shadows, Ghosts, Tower, Dragons, Darkness


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪