Chapter 17: The New Plan

Chapter 17: The New Plan

A Chapter by Eryn ♪

I listen as their worried voices echo off the far metal walls. They all want to know what the new plan is. We had been in this abandoned warehouse for days, our new leader must have come up with something. But I knew she was still working through her own emotions. This role had been thrust upon her at a time where to do so was as hard as it could be. We had all taken an emotional brusing, with the number of losses being almost half of us. So, though I had tried to keep the remaining survivors quiet for her, eventually they had come to demand Clair's plan of action.
"I tried to talk them out of it Clair, but they won't listen to me." I say as the mob grows closer, their footsteps echoing through the building.
"It's alright Seth, you did what you could." She says to me, her voice a hallow shell of what it used to be. Then turning to the rest of the Dragons she raises her voice, commanding attention and silence.
"I know things have gone wrong so far,we have had a lot of losses. Still, the plan we had originally set in motion is the best course of action for us. We continue on to the safe haven that Jay was taking us too. He had entruted me with a map to its location before we set off so we could still find our way. So that is where we will go, though we will take a diffrent route, one that remains away from the open streets where large amounts of the Ghosts seem to roam. We will be underground for a while, so make sure that each person has a flashlight or if they don't, partner up with someone who does." Her red voice echoed around the room, making it sound more powerful than it truly was. Most of the Dragons fall silent, except for one who voices what must be on everyones mind.
"What if there are ghosts down in the sewers? How will we avoid them?"
"That is where Seth comes in." She says with enough conviction that even the biggest skeptic would believe her. "For some reason he has been aware of their locations from the start. If he lets us know their locations, we can easily skirt around them." I can't help but find the situation Clair was deescribing anything less than ironic.
The small group of survivers seened to be thinking the same.
"Seth is going to lead us? That is your big plan? " I can hear one of the girls behind me snickering. "Well it'ts official, the leader has lost her mind. Let's just throw ourselves to the ghosts maybe they will show us..."
My fist collides with the side of the girls face. I hear a collective gasp as her body crashes to the floor.
"Leave her alone. I may not be able to see you, but as long as you bad mouth her I can still find you." These people have no respect. "The Dragons were supposed to be a noble group, now look what we have become. You guys just hurt each other without care. I thought better of you all." I start towards Clair's last location but freeze as another girl starts to speak.
"My, leader, what a valiant knight you have there. I didn't know the almighty Clair needed a body guard. Or is he you boy friend?" These icy words are surly making my face red, but I fear more worried for the girl say these cold words. After all, the more she spoke the brighter Clair was becoming, her anger building into a dark red glow that was eating at the abyss.
"Why you little brat!" Clair roared. In an instant the red glow moved behind me towards the other girl. Though I try to block my ears from the screams, the turqoise noise cuts through me.
Before the bloodthirsty Clair can deliver another blow I see her hand jerk slightly meaning someone must have stopped her.
"Let it go Clair, a leader would not get so riled over this." This was a voice I had never heard before, and it seemed the others agreed in whispers. I watch Clair's red flame flicker out and wait.
"Of course, Aqua, you are right." I hear the new leader say through deep breaths. Aqua? That's right, before I lost my sight do to the ghost meteor, the Dragons had a ghost of their own. The girl had never said a word to anyone, simply nodding or shaking her head in response to questions. She had the footsteps of a fox. Yet here she was helping my friend keep her cool in the heat of things.
"Finish preparing, everyone, we leave at dawn."


© 2013 Eryn ♪


Author's Note

Eryn ♪
Sorry if this is too slow, the plan to write more in this chaprer went kaput, but the next one is already planned a bit so it should be done soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the dynamic between the characters here :) I look forward to seeing where the relationship between Seth and Clair goes at this point lol Keep up the great work on this; you know how much I fangirl over new chapters :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really liked what happened here. :3 I NEED MORE...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

445 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2013
Last Updated on September 25, 2013


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The maze The maze

A Chapter by Eryn ♪