Chapter 1: Faete

Chapter 1: Faete

A Chapter by Eryn ♪
"

An island in the middle of an endless ocean.

"
I open my eyes to find the billowing branches of a sakura tree on a rocky cliff. For a moment I think I must have changed the location again, an ability that causes me more nuisance than help. I lay still for a moment and realize that I am still in my bed. I turn onto my back and take in my ceiling, an area of my room that I haven't enchanted.
"Come on sleepy head," A girl says from the doorway, "Raynor made pancakes."
I look over and see a small girl no taller than my palm floating there. She shakes her head at me, her silver hair catching the morning rays of light.
"You sure can sleep." She teases.
"I have my reasons." I say a bit edgily. I am so not a morning person. Still, I get up and walk over to my closet. The mirror on the door tells me that I have been rolling in my sleep, my brown disheveled hair curling up to my shoulders. I will have to brush it back down later. For the time being I enter into my closet, a space bigger on the inside. Out of it I pull a black T-shirt with a purple star over my head and slip into some navy blue jeans. I pull on my black felt hat and make my way to the door in my bare feet. After all, in this world I need only think it to change apparel.
I trudge down the hall and head down to the kitchen. Sitting on the bar stools are two tiny figures. One decked out in black with raven wings on his back, the other being my silver haired, friend Ariea.
"'Bout time." The black haired boy says through a mouth full of pancakes.
"Buzz off Raynor, you know I don't live here full time." I counter.
I snatch a pancake and head towards the door, making sure to create some socks and shoes.
"Where are you going?" Ariea asks me. She floats over the counter, and then starts to grow rapidly into a full sized person. The magic that the faerie has never ceases to amaze me. I swallow me bite before I reply.
"I'm going for a walk." I say, glancing in every direction but her eyes. She crosses her arms and stares at me.
"You are going looking for her again, aren't you?"
From the kitchen I hear Raynor call out.
"What? We were supposed to have a duel today."
"Sorry, it will have to wait." I say, and step onto the porch.

Behind me the figures of Ariea and Raynor fade with the house. In front of me the empty beach takes on a more populous form.
"Summer, there you are." A woman calls from across the square. "I've been looking all over the island for you."
"Hi mom, what's up?" I say crossing the cobbled street.
"The elder has sent for you." She says to me. The interactions I have with her are always awkward. Because she is only a shadow, she acts like she cares, but it is only a act. This is the problem I face with this world. It is full of mirrors and illusion, it makes it easy to get lost.
"I'll go see him later, I have somewhere to be." I say and turn to walk away.
Instead I walk into armored soldiers who grab me by the under arms.
"Hey, what's the big idea?" I shout, but I am unable to break from their grasp. Though in most cases I would be able to escape, I have put up a mental power blocker here. In other words, each world I visit has it's own rules. In this one I can not use most magic, but I have a guardian instead.
Who happens to be missing.
As usual.
I am haphazardly thrown into a caged carriage, letting the light filter in, but not letting me out. Furious I pound against the bars, I know the towns folk are looking at me strangely, thinking that the sleeping girl was truly insane. All of them but one.
"Summer, are you okay?" An athletic boy, with shaggy light brown hair asks, running beside the carraige, I try to tell him I'm fine, but he falls behind and out of sight.

We pull up beside a huge oriental palace, a place I have visited once before. Inside it lies a wicked old man bent on world conquest, though I had put him in the dungeon last time, I'm all but sure he has returned.
"Get going." One of the guards barks at me. I move as instructed, but make sure to take my sweet old time. Or at least I would have, if I hadn't had a spear pointed at my back. We walked though a tall set of black ironclad doors and down a barely lit grand hall.
"Welcome back to Faete Miss Shadowbane." The old geyser said, venom dripping from his voice. "It's been all to long."


© 2013 Eryn ♪


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like how much insight we get into the world you've created here and inside the chadacters mind. Youve got some fabulous descriptions here; well done love ♥♥♥

Posted 10 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

10 Years Ago

Thanks ♪♫♪

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 22, 2013
Last Updated on November 5, 2013
Tags: Summer, Shadowbane, Soul, Imagination, Mentality


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪