Chapter 19: Phoenix

Chapter 19: Phoenix

A Chapter by Eryn ♪

After being hauled through the sewers like a dog on a leash, and pulled through a part of town unfamiliar to me, I am finally dumped upon a creaky wooden floor. As I struggle to sit up, I feel a foot place into the small of my back, and then pain, as my face is slammed into the ground. The dark world around me flashes with a bloody red, like fire searing into my brain.
"You will stay there until we tell you to get up, got it." The voice of my captor hisses in my ear mixing a sickening green into the red. I give no reply to him which seems to satisfy him for the time being, as he takes his foot off of me.
"Bring the girl." The man barks, and the footsteps of others echoed off into the distance.
"Let go of me you creeps." I hear Clair yell and I feel hatred spread through me. I struggle to get up, to go after them.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The new voice says, giving off a blue that turns me to ice.
"If you think that you can escape because I'm blind, think again. I'm still the best shot here." The man says. I pause for a moment before turning my head towards his voice.
"You can't see?" I ask. "How do you survive?"
"I've learned to use my other senses. Sound, touch, smell. After a lifetime of darkness you get used to finding your own way."
"I've been trying to do that, but I'm still not able to be of much use. The last time I tried to help it got almost all of my friends killed." I say, I'm not entirely sure why I'm telling a complete stranger about myself, yet I keep talking. After all, he's in the same boat as I am.

The man pauses for a moment, clearly letting my confession sink in.
"You should ask for forgiveness." He says, "Else the demons may finally enter this sanctum."
"Demons?" I ask.
"The creatures that came with the meteor. Demons sent along with the fires of hell to purge this earth of us mortals."
"Umm... Right." I say. Clearly this man had lost it. Demons didn't exist. And even if they did, I don't think they would come on a meteor from another planet. Then again strange things have happened as of late.
"Wait!" I say, changing the subject, "If you can't see, how can you shoot?"
"I told you already boy, I can hear you."
"But what about aiming?" I ask. I can hear him sigh as if he has told this story a million times over.
"I use my pain." He says, leaving me quite confused.
"I keep a ring with a blade around my finger, when I need to aim, I prick my thumb so that I can tell where my hand is pointing. Then I shoot, simple as that."
"I see." I mutter under my breath. Pain is everything in this world it seems.

"Hey kid!" I hear my captor call out, his footsteps coming closer. "What did I tell you about talking to prisoners."
"You have told me nothing you daft man and you should have some respect for the leaders right hand and this gangs name sake. Now call me by my name."
"Spoild Brat!" The captor says defiantly, and I hear the safety on the man's gun click.
"Fine, Phoenix, the leader wants to see the boy now."
"Very good, Danta, the boy may go." With that I am roughly brought to my feet. As I am handed off to Danta I feel a weight placed in my palm.
I close my hand around the ring and silently thank the old man, Phoenix.




© 2014 Eryn ♪


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Heh, still so much mystery to this story. No matter how much I keep on reading into your stuff, all I ever get back is more questions to pile onto my already... massive assortment of questions. Nevertheless, mystery, uncertainty, finding out things are all what make up any kind of story. Especially your tale, ha ha.

Either way, blah, enough of my rambling. It's always been a pleasure reading this story, Shadow. Nice job on Chapter Nineteen and keep up the good work. Way to go on continuing to keep the reader in unknown suspense. Makes ya want to read all the more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


After being hauled through the sewers on a leash like a dog, pulled through a part of town unfamiliar to me, I'm finally dumped on a creaky wooden floor. Struggling to sit up, a foot is placed into the small of my back and followed by pain as my face is slammed into the ground. The dark world around me flashes with a bloody red, the pain searing into my brain.
"You will stay here until we tell you to get up. Got it?"
Read the first section again. I understand that this is just a rough draft. I'm here to help you strengthen your skill. Good start…

Posted 9 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

9 Years Ago

I understand you are trying to show me something, but im a bit lost as to what it is.
A. H. Pinley

9 Years Ago

Read yours Then read what I wrote. You'll see what I did.
Eryn ♪

9 Years Ago

Ahh, the commas
I like it, though it moved kind of fast. I don't remember then being kidnapped, I'll have to go back and look.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

9 Years Ago

Ah, I see.
Eryn ♪

9 Years Ago

New part either tonight or tomorrow morning. I all fired up.
Silent Wolf

9 Years Ago

Great! Can't wait! :3
really cool next chapter; i like that there is another character that is experiencing kind of what Seth is with being blind in this kind of apocalyptic setting. Again, your language and diction are great and you're improving so much with each new thing you write and this chapter is a fine example of that and it's awesome. Can't wait to see where it goes from here :)

100/100

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

573 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2014
Last Updated on June 25, 2014


Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The maze The maze

A Chapter by Eryn ♪