The End

The End

A Poem by Eryn ♪

As the curtain falls,
On this your final act,
I stand amongst the spectators,
Applauding your last breaths.

You have fought until,
This darkest hour,
But now you fall,
Like toy soldiers.

I reach a hand,
Unto you my friend,
I will guide your way,
Through to eternity.

To the ends of the Earth,
I will lead you,
And onward to the next,
A place filled with naught.

Are you ready,
To leave them behind,
For the living,
Cannot follow the dead.

Find peace with it,
For this is reality,
For you and all,
Who come to this world.

From dust we were born,
And to dust we will return,
And fly across the desert,
Of all time.

Welcome my friend,
To the end.

© 2014 Eryn ♪


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is really edgy and dark and really interesting. the beginning bit with 'applauding your last breath' kind of got me, as did the third last stanza. something about them just hit me in a very interesting, dark way. I have no idea why but the tone reminds me of both 'White Rabbit' by Jefferson Airplane and 'Zombie' by The Cranberries. In any case...I really liked this. It's very grunge and cool and well done.

100/100

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The poem conveys its message in beautiful way. Flow of words was very charming.Which urges the reader to indulge in the story. My favorite pick is 5th Stanza. It was very brilliantly placed and caught the attention of reader most effectively.
Overall : It's a beautiful poem and explains the reality of life. Where most authentic reality of life is death, only death
Regards
Usman

Posted 8 Years Ago


This somewhat reminds me of the Jonestown(or was it Jamestown?) suicides, where the person behind all of it fully believed he was doing those people a favor. You set up a solid dark atmosphere in a rather blunt way(which, after reading many subtly dark pieces, I find to be a nice change of pace)., and have further enhanced the quality of the piece with neat use of literary devices. In the end, this was an entertaining read! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Im glad you enjoyed it.
I am interested in who the being is that is leading this person towards death.

I like how it mentions even til right before death, we are still in this world on a stage centering around our lives. That's an interesting way of looking at ourselves. As if there are beings constantly watching our every performance. It must be nice to never feel alone with that sense of always having an audience even during the loneliest hour of death.

Great job, and beautiful topic. Death focus makes life ever more precious!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
The flow of the poem is very impresssive. I liked the last two lines very much "Welcome my friend,to the end" as the meaning is very revolting of welcoming someone to the end. Very appreciable. Great Work!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

9 Years Ago

Arigoto! ^_^
wordsofheart

9 Years Ago

Welcome :)
I really enjoyed this poem and I will be reading more of your work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
a nice look into death, gave me a Tibetan book of the dead feel, enjoyed this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
The subject matter captures one's attention immediately. A very thorough write without a skip in beat. Nicely done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Eryn ♪

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
this is really edgy and dark and really interesting. the beginning bit with 'applauding your last breath' kind of got me, as did the third last stanza. something about them just hit me in a very interesting, dark way. I have no idea why but the tone reminds me of both 'White Rabbit' by Jefferson Airplane and 'Zombie' by The Cranberries. In any case...I really liked this. It's very grunge and cool and well done.

100/100

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

592 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 4, 2014

Author

Eryn ♪
Eryn ♪

Ontario, Canada



About
I am 21 with red hair and aqua eyes. I face life one picture, one word at a time. Some call me odd, I prefer eccentric. I have fought my demons and I have won. I am known to have ADD. I move forw.. more..

Writing
Battle Royal Battle Royal

A Story by Eryn ♪


Waking Waking

A Chapter by Eryn ♪



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Understanding Understanding

A Story by Stan Lee